[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

just very quick question

i was watching ep 10 again, and there was this part about JD talking about his tablet, (not sure what that tablet is) but Mura and BR didnt bring theirs and JD lost his.

I am just wondering I am sure that tablet does play a role, I am not sure with regards to whom. But the fact that they were actually told to bring their tablets means something no?

I saw the version you are referencing, but I also always watch the DF version because it is the "sanctioned" site for the drama.  According to the subs in their version, JD asks if they have seen "my god's servant crest".  I think it is the same thing that the high priest gave HB but is now lost.  I think if that is found, we will get some answers on who is actually the real god's servant.  In the first episode, the high priest states that SA is not a descendant of the Shins, so is she really the servant?  Or was the high priest leading HB to her for another purpose?  I'm really looking forward to JD returning from his trip.

I do think that HB remembers the incident 1200 years ago and it could have been compassion not love that he felt for that woman.  Or, SA is the reincarnated woman and that is why HB makes the statement regarding "his first and last". 

I agree, I think the Sky king is bad news.  And I do think like most that BR hates HY so much because he thinks he is responsible for killing gods in the past.  However, when the high priest was telling the story of the demi-god he said that he had never seen "them" indicating that their could be more than just HY.  So, it could be that HY is indeed not the culprit and it is a case of mistaken identity.  Or, HY could have unknowingly caused their deaths, as JD stated that HY didn't take his memory on purpose. 

I do BR, MR, and others have definitely deceived HB in many ways.  We'll just have to see what comes out in the end.  

Here's a thought for the ending: god's can basically become mortal if humans do not believe in them.  HY could use his ability to erase memories for good purposes, i.e. making everyone forget that HB is a god and he could stay in the human realm and live out a "normal" life with SA....................................

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

tumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o1_400.giftumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o3_r1_400.giftumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o5_r1_400.giftumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o6_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ou1l2hGr1p1vqlkb3o8_r1_400.gif

athenamini22

REALLY EPISODE 10 WAS  LIM JU HWAN’s (or HOO YE’s)

Especially the last scene where his face showed the emotion was fantastic..

first the anger,then after realizing it’s So-ah the relief followed by regret.. and getting anxious when So-ah saw him heal magically

at last when Habaek comes that subtle smile of victory!!!

definitely Lim ju hwan’s portrayal of hoo ye is amazing!

PS: writernim  please stop with the black smoke again with him I always get reminded of Oh my ghostess…

and sorry for bombarding gifs but I really had to gif this one..

I haven't watched the episode 10 yet due to network issue just got DL now so off I go to watch with subs..

53 minutes ago, nevill said:

just remembered that when i saw the preview of ep 9, i was sure we will get the toilet scene teaser thrown in. i really loved that scene. and @MrMarley pic reminded me of that. hope we will still get something similar, they look so good in that scene.

I hope we get those scenes as well. I'm going along with what others have said...the show is called 'Bride of Habeak' so I take it that the title has a significant factor related to the turning point of HB and SA's relationship. I am wishing when she becomes the bride either by sleeping with HB or by marriage that the devotion she has for him and vice versa will be what ties them together. There are 6 episodes left. Enough to give us more sweet scenes between the two before the separation. Maybe on next week episodes, they will both face their feelings head on, enjoy each other time, and find a way to be together. Here's to wishful thinking!

7 minutes ago, MrMarley said:

I hope we get those scenes as well. I'm going along with what others have said...the show is called 'Bride of Habeak' so I take it that the title has a significant factor related to the turning point of HB and SA's relationship. I am wishing when she becomes the bride either by sleeping with HB or by marriage that the devotion she has for him and vice versa will be what ties them together. There are 6 episodes left. Enough to give us more sweet scenes between the two before the separation. Maybe on next week episodes, they will both face their feelings head on, enjoy each other time, and find a way to be together. Here's to wishful thinking!

im so with you on the wishful. one of them will have to 'change' either SA goes to the gods realm or HB becomes human. bc of the scene from 2018 i think SA will go there, also she is throwing a chrysanthemum, which is usually given after death, so maybe she is saying goodbye to this world. what im afraid of is that the Bride here maybe will refer to the past... so here with you to wishful thinking.  

6 hours ago, athena22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

REALLY EPISODE 10 WAS  LIM JU HWAN’s (or HOO YE’s)

Especially the last scene where his face showed the emotion was fantastic..

first the anger,then after realizing it’s So-ah the relief followed by regret.. and getting anxious when So-ah saw him heal magically

at last when Habaek comes that subtle smile of victory!!!

definitely Lim ju hwan’s portrayal of hoo ye is amazing!

PS: writernim  please stop with the black smoke again with him I always get reminded of Oh my ghostess…

and sorry for bombarding gifs but I really had to gif this one..

You totally read my minds thoughts. Totally agree I'm totally excited for this drama Because of Lim ju hwan (hoo ye) after watching him in shine or go crazy I'm totally crazy for him. BUT Lim ju hwan as hoo ye totally outstanding presentation of his talent. His emotions expressions everything amazing. Feeling bad for him no one is there beside him . Smile on his face whenever he was with soah❤❤❤.His teary eyes omo I'm unable to watch him suffer more.

This writer also wrote Arang and the Magistrate and that show was about fantasy.  If she could come up with a way for a ghost and human to have a happy ending then SA and HB should also have a happy ending. 

With these 6 episodes left, I hope that  next week we'll start seeing bits of how SA will become the bride of HB and get some answers about how she survived when she jumped of the bride years ago. In one episode(I forgot which ones) they showed her cell phone that she threw away before she jumped.  The light on the phone seems to be on as if the battery was not dead and I think the phone will come into play later on as well. 

Also more smooches please and I miss shirtless HB. He need to take a good long bath or shower next week. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:47 PM, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

@hazeljrr_c922 Chingu if you find a link to a translated manhwa can you send it to me:DFinding the original one is already quite hard.I wonder how you did it.Thanks Chingu!

@nevill what's going on in the video? Is that the hungry minor god trying to kiss HB again as HB & SA are walking together?

kissing attack is what it looked to me

sorry for the late reply btw i pm you

On 7/31/2017 at 10:32 PM, athena22 said:

okie dokie.. no problem even i had faced the same streaming problem...:tongue:

hehe

i wonder who is the friend. SA said she wants to see this friend just once, maybe at last KHN cameo?????

Hi, I am new here. I read all the thread and you guys/gals make me feel it is such a joyful and heart-touching experience to watch BOTWG. 
First, I think the scriptwriter Jung, Yoon-jung did a pretty good job of rewriting this well-known manga as now(ep10). I like her previous work “Misaeng” and think she keeps the care and sense of human behavior in BOTWG. A lot of conversation in this drama has deeper meaning needs to think twice such as the difference between human and God, God exists under human’s belief, and how the king(leader) of human world come out… I like Jung’s progressive way to raise the question and then tell the answer in the following episodes. It makes this drama not only a fantasy romance but also a brain storming for viewers! :tongue:
K-drama topic becomes more and more diversified these years and I think it is our benefit. If you don’t like this one, you always can find another one to enjoy. I am very happy and enjoy watching BOTWG and thank all the effort from the cast and production team to make it happen. And of course, I am happy having you with me to laugh, to cry, to scream, to sigh, and even drool together. 
Last, “Glass Bridge” is the most beautiful OST I have ever heard in these years. Big credit goes to Savina & Drones!

Good morning my Water God chingus! Omo! 3 pages to catch up :D

First, here is my basic insight on the episode since my nieces and nephew keeps pulling me away from full thought analysis :(

There is definitely more than the story of HY now. I am starting to believe that the Gods keep putting the blame on HY because they all know he is a 'halfling'. They view HY as a monster and uses that excuse to provoke him. Whatever happened 1,200 years ago must have involved Gods getting killed. And I think BR was tricked or manipulated into doing a bad deed which then caused him to believe HY is at fault. 

It is clear to see that HY does not deny his involvement 1,200 years ago. And i am starting to agree with some of you that HY is much older than HB. I speculated beforehand that HY was more ancient and powerful but now, I am firm that he is much older and even stronger than HB. However, i think he does not kill intentionally. He will only kill or hurt someone if provoked like how those minor gods beat him up. He mentions over and over that he has nothing to do with the Gods but they keep pushing him to do something. So I am starting to believe that whatever happened 1,200 years was done intentionally and it involves HY. All the Gods seem to be hiding it, not wanting to bring it up. So the question is: Just how bad was this incident that happened 1,200 years ago? And why is everyone just beating around the bushes about it? For sure..we know the parties involved is BR and HY alongside HB and MR. I am now thinking that HY and BR are half brothers, but BR either does not know about it or he was never told the truth. He may have been manipulated to believe something else. The hate he has for HY is just too personal and I am starting to think that BR knows something more grave and sinful than anyone else. 

As for HB and SA..these two are too sad for me. I really don't know how we are going to get an happy ending :bawling: i am afraid that when I actually see HB cry..tears dripping..for SA and with her..I am going to break down too.

YongYong couple! Please..don't break our hearts anymore.

I will be back reading now :tongue: so replies will come slower than usual. 

15 hours ago, moodypie said:

Thanks for typing that out...hehe. 

Some of our questions were answered in this week's ep, but a few more why and what pop out at the same time. 

Now I am even thinking that HB did not love NB at all but rather shown her compassion. This 1200 year old incident involves so many party - Sky God, HY, NB, HB, BR, MR (*scratching my head again). Who did I miss out?

JD mentions something to HB..asking whether it was sympathy or love. I think HB never loved  NB too but instead sympathize with her. Perhaps because she was forced to live in the God realm. And because he sympathize with her..when the betrayal happened..he felt betrayed. Also..i think SA is the only person he truly really loves. He knows he loves her but is reminded of whatever happened with NB.

15 hours ago, moodypie said:

I think both the sky god and SA's ancestors were wrong, but only the human were punished. The sky god was not. And HB did not tell the whole truth to SA when SA ask what did her ancestors commit for her to deserve this kind of punishment. It;s like the God doesn't want to admit their mistake and only human (SA's ancestors) were punished. And this punishment was suggested by BR. This is what I understand.

I agree with this. I see that the Gods harbor so much hatred with HY. But we never see why. We keep getting clues that they hate HY and something bad happened. I think one major flaw in the Gods is their pride. They will not admit their mistakes and will rather find a scapegoat. They punished the humans particularly SA's descent because of a betrayal. Perhaps..it was them who committed the betrayal first. And humans were meshed in the middle just like SA is now..between the battles of the Gods vs HY.

13 hours ago, nevill said:

WOW, i dont know if its just me but im starting to feel the end, and im feeling a bit sad about it. 

anyway cant wait for next week to come, really liked this week, with each episodes i like it more.

im wonderin what happened between BR and HY in the other world. i dont think it has anything to do with HB like MR noticed which i like more and more she wants HB to leave and really seems sincere in her care for everyone. 

what i like most about this drama that i dont dislike any of the characters even SA assistant is growing on me. 

I am starting to feel the end too :( but MR..i think she has no idea why BR hates HY so much too. However she does know what happened 1200 years ago too. I wonder if she knows BR likes her..hmmmm..

@Visually-wandering hahaha..i don't mind another bet. But do we have enough competitors? :tongue:

@Chellsee @supergal99 haha..i will go look for more..bareness of our lovely HB :wink: winners must be showered with love!! :wink:

8 hours ago, nevill said:

and he also said that although gods cant die they can disappear bc of humans disbelief. i guess contradiction are accepted among the gods. i didnt read the manwha so i dont know if there are demigods there born out of humans nad gods. but i think here the writer reference sometimes to other mythology like Hera and in the greek mythology it is very common.

Agree. If Gods can cease to exist once humans stops believing then it means humans also has a greater influence on them. Which then makes me question..if they are able to not exist due to humans..then why punish them? Is it to ensure they will continue to exist :blink: and you know what is even more interesting is that there is a scene where BR actually mentions the Greek goddesses to MR (Athena, Artemis and Aphrodite). What is the need to mention them unless being used as a reference?

8 hours ago, MrMarley said:

I swear that ending preview is life!

HB's words of wanting to be with SA to hug to kiss her, asking himself if it's ok for him to love SA to start and end with SA....my heart...

I swear NJH is killing this role. I can't be the only one who finds his depressing, heartbreaking face expression so darn handsome. He's nailing the emotions of HB so well!

I have high hope that this drama will have a happy ending. It's a fantasy drama afterall, so anything is possible.

I mean if a mermaid can fall in love with a human (LOTBS) and live on earth, a Water God can fall in love with a human and live on earth as well, or they both can just travel back and forth through the gate.

I just cannot wait for Monday to get here!

LOLOLOL. I forgot all about LOTBS. that is absolutely right! If a mermaid can fall in love and live with a human..then why can't a Water God have the same fate? :tongue:

8 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

*nod* we always say that every detail is important to the mention of that tablet has some significant. it is just what is it for...

In my subtitles..it translated to 'god's servant crest' which honestly i have no idea what that is :blink: at first..i thought it was a weapon like how tridents are often associated with water gods..but then i think it is something else too.

8 hours ago, Karenwhh said:

But the high prist once said that Gods r not born like humans. They exist because humans believe in them? 

Puzzling

Yes. Gods can cease to exist if humans do not believe in them. Which I find is very interesting because they made the humans become servants.

9 hours ago, nevill said:

from what weve seen the gods are just as human in their ways

HB always say he doesnt remember the past, maybe he remembered something after drinking. drinking can make has release subconscious feeling and hidden memories.  

Yes. The Gods are humane in their own ways except for the fact that I think they are not taking the fault for something they could have committed. I am wondering if they were influenced by NB as well. As for HB..i think it is not that he forgot. But that he doesn't want to remember it. All he needs is the right stimulation and boom..the memories will come out pouring. But..if he is the sort to spill after a drink then we may get some truths. However i think he may just be the sleepy drunkard hahaha.

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

In my subtitles..it translated to 'god's servant crest' which honestly i have no idea what that is :blink: at first..i thought it was a weapon like how tridents are often associated with water gods..but then i think it is something else too.

I think the "god's servant crest" is the crest that the high priest gave HB to show to the servant so they would recognize him, the one he lost.  I think MR and BR didn't bring theirs because they had no intention of ever contacting their servant.  I think that is what JD went to find and hopefully it may provide some clarification on the "servant" situation.  I'm not sure that SA is truly the servant.

@bebebisous33 Hi my dear chingu! First, love your profile pic! :wub: haha i am trying hard not to fall behind on any of my dramas. But..it is hard to keep up at times especially with RL :D

As for your post and theories..I don't know if it is because I cannot connect the clues like you do chingu..but i still believe SA is full human. You make very valid points but my instincts say she is human. If she was a demigod..something would have been concrete enough for me to connect her to a God. But i just cannot connect her to being a demigod. I am also now thinking..what if HB goes back to the realm and changes the rule that humans can once again enter the godly realm. And if SA jumps from the bridge wearing that red coat..what if all it really takes is her belief in him? Surely..the writer emphasize on how crucial it is to believe in each other..just as how SA relies on HB and his powers return..and how she trusts him enough to see the fireflies. One way or another, i still cannot see SA as a demigod. 

But i do agree with your other theories. Now we know JD is not HY's father. So now I am also on the same line with you on the Sky King being the real culprit here. It seems like he is the real trouble maker and may have manipulated BR into doing the deeds for him. Now..refresh my mind chingu. Did we ever get a confirmation that BR is the son of Sky King? Or was it just an assumption since he is a God from the Sky Kingdom? If we got a confirmation then it may mean HY is BR's older brother whom he only found out about as an enemy 1200 years ago. If such is the case, the real mastermind is not BR but the Sky King. One thing I am fairly worry about is the fact that we have 6 episodes left and still many questions and theories that needs answers. I don't want them to rush the storyline towards the last 2 episodes. That will cause us to rush an understanding as well. I hope they tie up loose ends well. I also want to discuss one point you brought up too: High Priest being the savior. Now..this idea did cross my mind once but I thought maybe he is just someone who knows all the details. However, he knew exactly what a demigod was..and was even not sure if a demigod will be stronger than HB. He knew the element a demigod will have and knew what happens. He knows about immortality and eternal living..so I think he may be the savior after all. What if..he is the one who casted HY out on the orders of Sky King? Or he did it for the sake of himself to save himself from knowing a demigod existed way before HB's time. Or he did it out of love and sympathy for HY? HY is for sure much older than HB if he only came to live with humans for 10 years. If minor God came for 500 years already and was told to bring his mom along but leave him..then HY for sure is older. And his powers had time to harness. Also..one thing I found very interesting was the minor God telling HY after the beat up scene in the car: "My child. I thought you wanted to control so you would not become the darkness within the darkness." Can it be..whatever happened 1200 years ago..has to do with him losing control and unleashing a darkness? 

Again..HY does not come off as the evil villain here. Too many Gods are pushing his buttons..making him lose control. HY suppressed a lot of hatred and emotions inside so one wrong move on him will unleash his dark aura (the smokes). BR's grudge on HY is way too personal. I have a feeling that in the end..HY will be the one to cease existing. And the only one who may end up saving him is the only God who is known for doing nothing: HB. HB was brought to the human world..not to get the stones only..but to understand humans. Now why would he need to do such a thing..if he is already given the right to be King..? Hence i think he was put there intentionally and maybe..even for the purpose of having to resolve the real issue behind the 1,200 years incident. He has to face his truths as well: NB is one. And I also believe that NB and Shim are the same person too. Now the question is..for me at least since i don't think SA is a demigod..is WHO IS HER FATHER?  *pulls hair again* LOLOLOL :tongue:

@Chellsee chingu..i posted consecutively because my phone is crazy. Will you please merge my posts if it is too consecutively posted? In return, here:

a5239fcac4c4448fdd465a41eecb77e4--nam-jo

:tongue: 'Abs and belly button' !! Plus a smile :D

1 hour ago, aunniek said:

I think the "god's servant crest" is the crest that the high priest gave HB to show to the servant so they would recognize him, the one he lost.  I think MR and BR didn't bring theirs because they had no intention of ever contacting their servant.  I think that is what JD went to find and hopefully it may provide some clarification on the "servant" situation.  I'm not sure that SA is truly the servant.

But..i thought HB say he didn't need it. Because he believed he didn't need a servant. Haha. I think too much dramas watching made me forget earlier details hahaha. Originally I thought SA was only assumed to be the servant too. And maybe it is just me but the picture that showed up on the water thing when the High Priest showed us did not look like SA haha. But if SA is not a servant..then what will happen? :blink: omo..my hair falling again :lol:

*sorry. I couldn't edit my post because of my phone acting up to add a reply to you :(. Sorry mods! 

12 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to make the font that big because WOW!!   Why is there no screaming emoji on here?!?! 

My ovaries just exploded.  O.O

23 minutes ago, dj.soul said:

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to make the font that big because WOW!!   Why is there no screaming emoji on here?!?! 

My ovaries just exploded.  O.O

Hahaha chingu..i went looking for a screaming emoji for you since you pointed out there is none here. But this is better for you:

4ca1b679763d8e1fa1e95fabded24c52a5233a50

If HY is destruction..then can HB also be destruction? He has adorable horns :tongue: haha..

i would have loved it if HY and HB were brothers instead. Omo..is it possible??? :blink: @bebebisous33

@kaoriharang @Visually-wandering @moodypie @nevill and my other chingus..

If HB and HY are opposite elements..are they half brothers instead? Omo!!

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Chellsee chingu..i posted consecutively because my phone is crazy. Will you please merge my posts if it is too consecutively posted? In return, here:

*sorry. I couldn't edit my post because of my phone acting up to add a reply to you :(. Sorry mods! 

Lucky you @vangsweetie637 only phone is acting crazy... 

My case, the waiting is making me insane! I'm counting time and days repeatedly and wishing tomorrow is Monday already. Ridiculous isn't it? :D:lol:

DGQw0zxU0AE_ags.jpg

10 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

just very quick question

i was watching ep 10 again, and there was this part about JD talking about his tablet, (not sure what that tablet is) but Mura and BR didnt bring theirs and JD lost his.

I am just wondering I am sure that tablet does play a role, I am not sure with regards to whom. But the fact that they were actually told to bring their tablets means something no?

Hmmm good question.Most people will overlook that because the Gods didn't make a big fuss over the missing tablet as compared to losing one of the stones.I wonder why JD randomly brought up the issue of his missing tablet.Is there something in it that,when found,can reveal something or adds another twist to the plot?

10 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

yeah that dragon is on the cup that HB gave SA, and yong means dragon in korean (: hehe yeah that direct eye contact to camera was heart stopping :tongue:

Haha all of us must have felt like: "OMG he's looking at me!!That gaze is only for me!!":lol:

@bebebisous33 I really love your explanation regarding the possible relationships between the Gods and what might have happened thousands of years ago.Those are the issues that has very little information revealed about them so far and everyone wants to know.Your theories are very logical and I agree with you on them.

I would like to ask something though and I hope you can clarify.Is Nak-Bin(in the manhwa) Shim Chun or So Ah's descendant(in the drama)?Because I got quite confused when reading about your theories on them.I got the information about Nak-bin in the spoiler below from http://the-bride-of-the-water-god.wikia.com/wiki/Nakbin

Spoiler

Nakbin

Nakbin(낙빈):Habaek's first love - she is the very reason why every year, a bride must be sacrificed to Habaek. When she died, Habaek promised that he would return to her, no matter what her form is. She was revealed to be the very first person who Habaek met in the human world and initially thought that she was human. Because of her young age, Habaek promised himself that she is to become his bride and waited for her to come of age. After their marriage, Nakbin would often speak of the spider lily, which represents a hopeful but tragic fate for lovers. Hoo-Ye cared for her as she was his sister, she was very attached to him and despised humans for taking advantage of Hoo-ye. While it is suggested that she willingly agreed to marry Habaek as part of Emperor's plans in exchange for saving Hoo-ye from death, her love for Habaek appeared to be genuine, in spite of her stating otherwise. Tired of being a used for all sorts of things and unwilling to kill Habaek, Nakbin cursed him so that his power would diminish during the day so he won't be used against the fire gods, though Habaek commented that she could have just ordered him to die. Nakbin apparently died long ago, though those bearing her appearance continue to appear before Habaek through the emperor's machinations. Nakbin later appears at the Emperor's palace, alive only due to the Emperor's magic; her body cannot be sustained outside the Imperial Country. While the Emperor's supposition that Habaek's great love for Nakbin will force him to remain in the Imperial Country proved to be absolute, Nakbin chose to let go of Habaek first when he revealed to her that she was not his only bride and that another woman was actually his soul mate, though Habaek would not send Nakbin away. In response, Nakbin angrily refused to release Habaek from his curse and damages his eye. Tired of living an artificial life, she blames Habaek for failing to let go of her as she releases the spell maintaining her life. As she dies at last, Nakbin added that she will forgive him for looking at Soah with his remaining eye which Habaek later on honored by specifically telling Soah that he'll look only at her with his one eye even though his damaged eye has already healed.

Though Nakbin has finally died, it is revealed that her actions in life prevent her rebirth. In order to save Habaek's life after Suh-wang-mo's attempts to kill Soah go awry, Suh-wang-mo agrees to allow Nakbin's rebirth as a human in exchange for a cure from Hoo-yee. A reborn Nakbin appears years later as a cold and distant child with a strained relationship with her mother in particular. When she meets Habaek, she decides to forgive and release him from his curse; shortly afterward, all memories of her past life are erased and she lives the rest of her life with a happier relationship with her family.

From what I read,I think the characteristics of Nakbin is given to two characters-Shim Chun and the blind girl in the drama.

Is Shim Chun actually Habaek's first love?Honestly,I'm not sure.Habaek mentioned in the preview about wanting SoAh to be his first and last love.Maybe Habaek could have cared a lot for Shim Chun but because she betrayed him and the other gods,that care and concern didn't blossom into love and turned into hate instead.OR...it could be that he did love her but she betrayed him.So that love turned to hate and he didn't want to acknowledge her as his first love.Thus,he says he forgot the incident involving Shim Chun when he actually didn't(see episode 10,Habaek and JD talking at So Ah's house).

In the drama,maybe Shim Chun incident happen first and was first reason why So Ah's descendants became servants.

Sacrifice in the manhwa is the servitude in drama.

Nakbin who was reincarnated in the end into the little girl is like the blind girl in the drama.Furthermore,Hooye seems to be very protective of her in the drama.

Sorry for the long post:tongue:I had to recollect my thoughts after I woke up so this took longer than expected to post.What are your thoughts about this?Would like to hear them:)

6 hours ago, dramafeverobs said:

Hi, I am new here. I read all the thread and you guys/gals make me feel it is such a joyful and heart-touching experience to watch BOTWG. 
First, I think the scriptwriter Jung, Yoon-jung did a pretty good job of rewriting this well-known manga as now(ep10). I like her previous work “Misaeng” and think she keeps the care and sense of human behavior in BOTWG. A lot of conversation in this drama has deeper meaning needs to think twice such as the difference between human and God, God exists under human’s belief, and how the king(leader) of human world come out… I like Jung’s progressive way to raise the question and then tell the answer in the following episodes. It makes this drama not only a fantasy romance but also a brain storming for viewers! :tongue:
K-drama topic becomes more and more diversified these years and I think it is our benefit. If you don’t like this one, you always can find another one to enjoy. I am very happy and enjoy watching BOTWG and thank all the effort from the cast and production team to make it happen. And of course, I am happy having you with me to laugh, to cry, to scream, to sigh, and even drool together. 
Last, “Glass Bridge” is the most beautiful OST I have ever heard in these years. Big credit goes to Savina & Drones!

Welcome to the BOTWG party chingu! I see you had your first post with us here. Feel free to come by and share your thoughts of this drama with us. And have fun with all of us too :D

I haven't read the manwha yet so i am watching this drama with only the drama to use as a reference. It is definitely really fun brainstorming all these ideas and theories about what can be the truths and what are the hints leading to it. I feel like i am back in my literature classes haha

I agree with you. The beauty of korean dramas is that there are always so many coming out that we will have the chance to choose one, none or both :) omo..i really love Glass Bridge too. It is already saved onto my phone and every time it comes on in the drama during a scene..i find myself loving the song even more. When it is used during sad scenes...my eyes get teary with it. That's how much I love it as well :D

@Chellsee thank you for merging my posts chingu! Haha..my phone is going crazy because it can't deal with me going crazy :lol: you are not being ridiculous. Monday is still so far away from us :Dshall i just look for more naked HB for you and Team Monday and all of us to make Monday come faster? :tongue::wink:

I wonder just how is HB going to get his powers back. I think as long as he is in the human world..his powers wont come back freely. A kiss won't work :tongue:

Edit

@dramu51ch0c10ve omo..thank you for that little bit about NB. I will put my thoughts together and write my insight on it too :D

8 Reasons we love Nam Joo Hyuk

ec7b1e32-1fa4-4381-95c0-22fd6286d65a.PNG

Nam Joo Hyuk makes our week so much brighter with his hilarious portrayal of the aloof water god, Habaek. Now that the relationships are finally being developed in the series, we are on cloud nine. Nam always chooses fun productions, and The Bride of the Water God is another gem.

Besides his drama choices, there are so many reasons to love the 23-year-old star on and off-screen. Today, I have listed just a few reasons why we adore Nam Joo Hyuk.

1. He's the best TV god ever!

From his hilarious quotes to his undying devotion to his servant, Nam's portrayal of a television god earns its way in your top 10 for uniqueness alone. Habaek may be a rigid deity, but his odd personality traits make him so lovable. It doesn't hurt that he is a quick study, and his water bubble can save someone's life. 

fd08a2ea-51b8-4566-bb63-d4d73ce39fb4.PNG

Read full article >> dramafever

Archived