I can’t smile

I’ll Never Fall In Love Again
You can’t fade away, where are you?
When the faraway moon rises tonight
Why do I feel nervous?

Why you?
You, back then?

Omo..the lyrics sound sooo sad..

Also, if the theory of Ha-baek looking for the reincarnated So Ah yet got his memory suppressed to void himself of the pain and despair were right then the song would really make sense. It's the "I'll never fall in love again" part that really got me..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

Omo..the lyrics sound sooo sad..

Also, if the theory of Ha-baek looking for the reincarnated So Ah yet got his memory suppressed to void himself of the pain and despair were right then the song would really make sense. It's the "I'll never fall in love again" part that really got me..

If his memory was suppressed, I wonder starting at which point of his life? Because in ep 6 he still remembered some events with his mother..

8 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

If his memory was suppressed, I wonder starting at which point of his life? Because in ep 6 he still remembered some events with his mother..

Hmmm..that's also a thought to ponder. Got somewhat Goblin feels - the part when Eun Tak lost every memory of Kim Shin. But I'm hoping that won't happen in this drama though. *wink!

I have a request, can HB just wear white for the rest of the drama? Jesus, he looks so beautiful! This drama is my new crack. Beautiful people, interesting storyline, and the OSTs are fabulous! There were so many doubters on the casting in the beginning. Glad I am not one to listen to anyone's opinions because honestly, in my opinion, everyone is delivering their role very well! The chemistry is spot on!  You can tell both HB and SA are falling for one another. The thought of them separating breaks my heart because we all know that time will come later on in the drama. For now, I can't wait to how they will confront their feelings for one another!

25 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I hope it's an illusion and she didn't die. But if she did, it's because the truck came at such a high speed that instead of knocking her down and she lies on the road, her body was knocked into such that she 'flew'. That would be a tragic death. In reality, even if someone doesn't die from an impact like that, he/she will suffer from serious injuries or be paralysed for life.

sorry to butt in sweetie... I really don't think she was hit by the truck...but having said that she really was ... her body should be on one direction and it is ahead of the truck ...not on the right or left side but straight ahead... if ever she flew because of the impact it should still be ahead and not that far from Habaek... 

this is why I hate drama/movie sometimes  ... they make fantasy stories but failed to end it in a fantasy way... I pity characters like So Ah who goes through these accidents/disasters ...& have to be save numerous times only to die in the end ...  dramas are really dramatic... They should have a happy ending here if they did change the story... I demand for a happy ending... It's impossible for the manhwa but make it possible for the drama... And since they are comparing this to Goblin why not change the fate of the bride here... because if she will die too then fans will say that it's a total copycat... 

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

Saw epsidoe 5 so far. So little story line even for a 16 episode show, already mostly fillers.  Am hearing things about So-ah;s character that would be really interesting if the actress showed the conflict in her better. She is supposed to try to be mean but against her real nature. Huh?  Don't see it, only hear them say things about her that she doesn't show in the character. And,  everyone falls madly in love with her.  Why?  Because she is the god's servant, so stupid,

Best part is HB,  I think he is doing well, not much subtlety in being a force of nature. 

The special effects have been really good, wish there were more because so little plot and action of interest. Even the fast driving was not too thrilling.

since this is a matter of conflict between action and thought. the conflict is shown through actions. for example bringing the pillows and blankets. you are NOT supposed to SEE the conflict - that is the point she acts differently than she shows and say.

it is your misunderstanding of what she is supposed to do. you do NOT understand not SA

obviously you DONT come from any acting writing directing background!

and she is the ONLY actress EVER to have so many lines in a drama - but i guess you dont understand what it means

Watching it RAW right now - and I really don´t have the time to do so...

My Feeling is like Haebak realised it was not an honor to be a servent from a god - but it was a punishment. I might be totally wrong - but I gues the father in the acient times shot the Bird from the Sky - which was in real the Sky God - and he was punished because he harmed him - or dare to even touch a god - and the punishment was to serve the god and all follow generations are doomed too.

So maybe HB just realised that humans might not be happy to serve a god - it is a burden. And because of getting in the way of the gods - his so called servant suffered again and again.

Forgot to say - the Preview shows us well - she is alive. So calm down - but it was just great and it will let him understand his own feelings - how he was in panic because of her...

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said this was a spin-off from the manhwa.  The original storyline is hardly recognizable here.  I have mixed feelings about the drama at this point.

Also, the lead girl is extremely annoying.  I'm not sure if it's her acting or the writers.  I haven't seen the lead actress in enough things to really formulate an opinion about her acting, so for now I'm just going to assume it's all on the writers.

Spoiler

But seriously, that last scene in Episode 5?  Was she confined to that portion of the bridge by supernatural forces like when she was flung back?  Because otherwise that made absolutely no kinds of sense why she would just stand there, helpless and screaming.  Like how do you not try to jump to safety??  That was a total 'face palm' moment...

As much as fans/viewers love to critique an actors and actresses acting ability it will never be unanimous so I really don't understand the desire for people who want to do such a thing. No one is perfect and you know what the lead actress and lead male are doing just fine, its US that feel that we know just about everything there is to know about how it should be delivered. Which I can guarantee none of us have the level of experience in the film industry to make an opinion that would be considered fair.

With all due respect: I have watched many many dramas where the acting was sub par and you know what even my favourite actors/actresses delivered just that well do I voice that to the point were its so unnecessary? No! I understand that they are in this profession for a reason and its not their intention to half richard simmons it or anything so therefor I  will simply enjoy it. 

Tip: Trust me if you get over being a constant critic, watching dramas will be a whole lot more entertaining. 

Spoiler

Im sorry but how does she not try and jump to safety. Lets be real here, in that moment with the elements going against you. Do you really think you can compose yourself where you can even attempt to do such a risky move. Bi Ryeom does have her at his finger tips and even HA-Baek cant do a thing, How can So-ah do something. When you are in a panic stricken moment it is like going against a wall. You cant do a damn thing to move it. I for sure would be in panic knowing that their are 3 gods before me and one wants to prove a point with my life on the line and you know what I would have felt helpless. A human against a God? the odds are slim to none for survival using potential heroics.

2 hours ago, nevill said:

since this is a matter of conflict between action and thought. the conflict is shown through actions. for example bringing the pillows and blankets. you are NOT supposed to SEE the conflict - that is the point she acts differently than she shows and say.

it is your misunderstanding of what she is supposed to do. you do NOT understand not SA

obviously you DONT come from any acting writing directing background!

and she is the ONLY actress EVER to have so many lines in a drama - but i guess you dont understand what it means

Oh woe and sadness for an actress like SSK, who has such a highly sophisticated and rare acting skill that only those schooled in theater and the fine arts could possible appreciate the aesthetic content of her performance.

Such is fate, that we Philistines of the hoi polloi who watch hundreds of Korean dramas, without any "acting, writing directing background" are the ones who rate it, judge it, and comment about it..  What a pity.  If only, if only, if only,....... we were all educated like @nevill I guess SSK would then get the glory she so richly deserves.  But alas and alack, I can only rate her with the perception I have been granted, and which leads me to the same conclusion as so many others of my ilk, which is that  SSK is a very pretty girl who's acting is at best mediocre and at worst dullsvile.

19 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Oh woe and sadness for an actress like SSK, who has such a highly sophisticated and rare acting skill that only those schooled in theater and the fine arts could possible appreciate the aesthetic content of her performance.

Such is fate, that we Philistines of the hoi polloi who watch hundreds of Korean dramas, without any "acting, writing directing background" are the ones who rate it, judge it, and comment about it..  What a pity.  If only, if only, if only,....... we were all educated like @nevill I guess SSK would then get the glory she so richly deserves.  But alas and alack, I can only rate her with the perception I have been granted, and which leads me to the same conclusion as so many others of my ilk, which is that  SSK is a very pretty girl who's acting is at best mediocre and at worst dullsvile.

indeed it is very sad. and sadly ppl who come from such background DONT watch kdrama bc they think its beneath them. 

for example those of us who come from such a background will know that the HIGHEST praise a writer can give an actor\actress is MONOLOGUES!!! while usually actress ge the part of being strong physically but not intelligently. SSK gets long monologues, not as part of conversation. 

and the HIGHEST praise a director gives is a solo scenes. 

and EDUCATION is not a bad thing. im sorry you feel this way about educating yourself.

also you come to every SSK drama thread to implement your dislike towards her. you dont participate in any of the discussion and your sole purpose is to insult SSK. why come to every SSK drama thread if you dislike her?

@maddymappo why do come to every SSK drama thread if you dislike her so? you always go to her drama thread and insult her. you dont participate in the drama discussion. and it seems you try very hard to make other dislike her as well. is hate the only way you know?

7 minutes ago, nevill said:

@maddymappo why do come to every SSK drama thread if you dislike her so? you always go to her drama thread and insult her. you dont participate in the drama discussion. and it seems you try very hard to make other dislike her as well. is hate the only way you know?

I promise not to make personally directed comments, and will just discuss the show. Hope you do the same. 

1 hour ago, dj.soul said:

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said this was a spin-off from the manhwa.  The original storyline is hardly recognizable here.  I have mixed feelings about the drama at this point.

Also, the lead girl is extremely annoying.  I'm not sure if it's her acting or the writers.  I haven't seen the lead actress in enough things to really formulate an opinion about her acting, so for now I'm just going to assume it's all on the writers.

Reveal hidden contents

But seriously, that last scene in Episode 5?  Was she confined to that portion of the bridge by supernatural forces like when she was flung back?  Because otherwise that made absolutely no kinds of sense why she would just stand there, helpless and screaming.  Like how do you not try to jump to safety??  That was a total 'face palm' moment...

Oh, just think about this drama not as a manhwa but as a separate drama and you wont have these kind of thoughts anymore, believe me

3 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

Oh, just think about this drama not as a manhwa but as a separate drama and you wont have these kind of thoughts anymore, believe me

Yeah, I realize that's what I'm going to have to do.  Still though, I wish it was a little more clear where the writers plan to go with it.  For the time being, I'm watching it primarily for Nam Joo Hyuk.  I've adored him in Cheese and the Trap and Scarlet Heart. 

On 7/17/2017 at 0:40 PM, nevill said:

Habaek asked Biryum, "Y'all (or you) lost the god stones right? Why did you lose those god stones?!" 

I am not sure, but the way I understood it was that B-iryeom and Moo-ra  were supposed to keep the stones safe until Ha-baek came for them and at that time, give them to him.  Ha-baek asks a valid question.  How did they lose the stones?   They did not loses their powers; therefore, they did not lose the ability to protect the god stones.  I think they sold them or traded them for a promise of something more and I feel somehow Hoo-ye or his grandfather is involved.

I liked the fact that Ha-baek stated that because he did not have his powers he was becoming a wiser god.  In a way, it is true,  if he had his powers he would not have had to learn to do human things; therefore, he would not understand them, only move among and live among the humans. Therefore, when he comes the god emperor, he will have a unique understanding of human behavior and have empathy towards them.   As someone posted earlier, Ha-baek, by not having his powers he is beginning to understand what a burden it is to be a servant to a god.  That is why Hoo-ye cannot understand human jokes, because he has not had to live without his powers. 

Hopefully, I will get a chance to watch episode 5 this evening.

Archived