[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of questions that I would love answers to,  some of which are too early to know at this point in the drama.   They are hooking me to this fantasy romance.  It is early on and they do give clues here and there,   but its main focus now as it should,  the development of HB-SA as a couple, their fate and connection.   At any rate, I feel that  the lightness of repartee in last few eps is better than a heavy treatment of SA's own life problems and HB's own situation in human form.  Without powers, to an outsider HB seems to have  illusions of grandeur, thus funny in his "seriousness". 

In the meantime, just these questions first  as it was shown previously:    What happened to the coordinates, as the scroll seemed to have sunk into Habaek's hand in his god form, ep 1?    I feel he hasn't lost those coordinates.  Why was he only able to summon his power when he wasn't really thinking about it,  with his singular aim of saving SA?   Is Shin human?  Last, is swimming together a dream, the past she forgot (don't they have kids together?),  or a projection of the future?    Anyway, will continue the series til it is done.   

Hello, I just really thought to get into this forum after episode 4, my mouth is
very itchy not to talk about them (SA and Habaek). Speaking of sorry words, that
Habaek said I thought it was because SA talked about the problem that Habaek lost 
his power and could not realize what she dreamed of during her day-dreaming 

I still do not know where this drama will take us later, I'm really waiting for 
something that's key in this drama, unpredictable, for that I'll keep watching it,
Nam Joo Hyuk (including his face, his body pack, his glare, his Cuteness, and his 
existence in this drama) is the something I should keep watch on!

(P.s Habaek already looks over-guarded towards SA, even a simple thing that he's 
waiting for her outdoors to make sure SA is safe, especially the scene they write
 their name on the SA house wall, I know right, butterflies in my stomach!)

On 12/07/2017 at 2:13 AM, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

There are 2 scenes that I like from the episode today:grin::heart: :

1. After she ran through the dark section of the park & was panting at the carpark.Habaek came to give her the car keys.He was concerned and stayed on to look at her.He was sensitive to all her actions and he knew she wasn't all right.

2. The relief on So Ah's face when she saw Habaek waiting for her under a lamp post after she ran through a dark section of the street.Plus,she was teasing him afterwards.

Hi Chingu.. i love this scenes too..this show how Habaek really concern about So Ah.. the scene under the lamp post was so sweet to me.. ❤❤❤

To me this story getting interesting every episod . Hoping writernim can keep the pace and all the characters will be develop well. 

12 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I don't know why guys.... but am i the only one who thinks that maybe Soo Ah's father is the priest? The one who keeps talking "it's fate"

@dramu51ch0c10ve.... sorry to cut your post, been lurking and reading all comments and I thought the same thing...that he could be her father ... anyway hello to all and I am so happy to find this thread of like people who love this drama and the characters. I am watching this with clean untainted view, no comparisons and no expectations as I have not read the manhwa and I am loving it... so refreshing ... fantasy romance and I do think that the leads have good chemistry ... my view... Habaek just keeps me laughing....

->

@tudorrose Hi. Are you referring to her white sneakers? Please see details under spoiler.

Hide contents

Brand: Rachel Cox, reference no. R1495

Yes! Thank you! I found a website (momokorea) that ships worldwide. Thanks again!

-> I am actually confused because to me some things just don't add up but the shirtless HB and the demi god slash serious CEO HY scenes just make me throw away logic for a while. Seriously, I hope this drama will pick up.

11 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong Chinggus :wink:I am new to this threads. I love watching Nam Joo Hyuk acting since Scarlet Heart drama. I am looking forward to see his acting in this drama but from ep 1 I didn't just fall on love with Nam Joo Hyuk but I fall in love with the drama .The story is interesting. I just  finished watching ep 3 on Astro 395 TVN just now waiting for ep 4 to air tomorrow on Astro 395 TVN. Am I the only one? But I got this feeling that Ju Hwan character is not very good person like he's someone who come to distrub Haebek from fullfilling his duty lol.

Hi and Welcome!Hope to see you here often then we can all discuss about BOTWG together:)I don't know if Ju Hwan will disturb Habaek from his duties but I am sure that he's part of a love triangle with Habaek & So Ah.I also have a feeling that he's not as 'perfect' as he seems.We need to know more about his background aside from that he's a CEO & he was adopted into the Shim family.

A great big Hello & Welcome to @sleepinthegarden, @scorpionflowers & @zenya22 :lol::heart: Anymore who just joined this thread but didn't get a hello from me?So glad that many are starting to join this thread.The more the merrier!!Hope y'all can post your opinions often.We'd love to read & discuss them:D

@zenya22 Although the comment you quoted was from my post,It was originally from @rasikha who posted it.I quote it because I wanted to ask her.Since you agree with @rasikha, may I ask why you think the priest may be So Ah's father?I'm sorry but I can't seem to find clues that that may be true.Just wondering^_^

I love Yoon So Ah character in this drama. She is way too different  than other female leads i have seen. She is such a realist, incompetent, independent, prideful, and tons of weaknesses. She is totally portraying how most people look like nowadays. Gone that always the pitiful, perfect, kindhearted, innocent and naive female lead. And i love that her character have lots of layered. She is too prideful of herself that she doesn't want help from others. She doesn't like being look down, thus she takes on revenge on Hu Ye. I have seen comments that says they can't connect or sympathise with Yoon So Ah, but for me, she is doing so well and i enjoy watching her.

And Habaek, Habaek is so handsome and lovely, that sometimes I can't take my eyes off him. Habaek may looks like an ignorant god but, deep down he is a very thoughtful god. He knows a lot too, giving how he alwys advise on So-ah. And his words always ring true to my ears. I love how the writers write his dialogue. She always try to show us the meaning of life, human, trust through habaek. This drama might seems light, but there is always something that i can learn and reflect after each episodes.

Never did it come across my mind to love NJH. I do like him in 3 meals a day , but that's it. However, habaek changed my mind. I absolutely love him now (NJH, you got a new fan here!). Don't worry, Habaek-nim, i don't need any cure for falling on you:tongue:

Hi chingus! Been rewatching episode previews and sharing these lines that made me wish today is Monday :D

"I'm sorry.." (Ha-baek, Ep. 4 scene ender)

"Thank you for saving my life.." (So Ah, Ep, 5 preview)

"I promise I'll keep you safe." (Ha-baek, Ep. 5 preview)

"Long time no see Yoon So Ah." (Bi-ryum, Ep. 4 preview)

...omo omo omo! :lol: :wub:

14 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

Hi chingus! Been rewatching episode previews and sharing these lines that made me wish today is Monday :D

"I'm sorry.." (Ha-baek, Ep. 4 scene ender)

"Thank you for saving my life.." (So Ah, Ep, 5 preview)

"I promise I'll keep you safe." (Ha-baek, Ep. 5 preview)

"Long time no see Yoon So Ah." (Bi-ryum, Ep. 4 preview)

...omo omo omo! :lol: :wub:

Ah..how i wish this week end fast.. I just can't wait for Tuesday to come (well, for me,i can only watch the sub version on tuesday). The last time i have been impatient of waiting new episodes was when scarlet heart was aired. It was such a torture waiting each week. And, now, the suffers has come again with bride of water god. The irony is, both of this drama airs around the same time, which is on July.

Archived