[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@jakey09 embrace it all chingu! :tongue:

Is it just me..or GE actually returned the kiss to CP too? I swear i saw her cheeks reflect as her lips touched his :tongue::D

Yep. Because that's the best SH can do for now! lol

Just saw it with the sub! What a cry fest the episode was! Loved it! 

Why did they kill HG?! I'm really mourning her death! 

I wish the OTP scene was longer! 

I guess, there's an other wedding other than CP/GE's: MH & MC! Haha! He is so in love with her! 

Somebody please kill LS for me if writers don't wanna do it! 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I also watched the clip where HG dad tells DM that he will quit PS. Was DM crying? I swear I saw shock and tears :blink:

I don't think he really cried, but his eyes were red and he was almost tearing up. I guess somewhere deep down a part of him remembers that he used to care, and that he used to do all this for those he loved. But he's too far gone now, he can't let go of his greed, or rather his greed is controlling him that he can't even consciously admit to himself that what he's doing is not only wrong but also very stupid and against what he originally wanted anymore. I guess DM will go down fighting and maybe in his last moment he will remember that he used to love his kid and his granddaughter and maybe his late wife and all those ppl and that he's failed them.

Will reply to everyone who tagged me tomorrow, it's pretty late right now but I just wanted to say, I think I know why GE was dressed as a Courtlady. CP must have heard about LS and her impending marriage and panicked. Hence the disguise to get out of the palace. I bet she intended to take the pot and escape with it but LS found her there and must have imprisoned her until the wedding. Which was why our gang entered the palace in disguise.

20 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Yep. Because that's the best SH can do for now! lol

Just saw it with the sub! What a cry fest the episode was! Loved it! 

Why did they kill HG?! I'm really mourning my death! 

I wish the OTP scene was longer! 

I guess, there's an other wedding other than CP/GE's: MH & MC! Haha! He is so in love with her! 

Somebody please kill LS for me if writers don't wanna do it! 

I got my tissue box ready! :)

Hahaha i wish it was longer too but will take what they give us. That kiss..was an extra bonus for us :wink: haha MC and MH are also my next OTP shipping alongside Gon and HG. 

LS is way beyond my nerves. I will wait til I get to watch subs to know what is going on with him-again LOL.

20 minutes ago, rittoo said:

I don't think he really cried, but his eyes were red and he was almost tearing up. I guess somewhere deep down a part of him remembers that he used to care, and that he used to do all this for those he loved. But he's too far gone now, he can't let go of his greed, or rather his greed is controlling him that he can't even consciously admit to himself that what he's doing is not only wrong but also very stupid and against what he originally wanted anymore. I guess DM will go down fighting and maybe in his last moment he will remember that he used to love his kid and his granddaughter and maybe his late wife and all those ppl and that he's failed them.

That last part..

If it was to happen, I will (for the shortest moment) feel sorry for DM. Not for what he has done or the amount of blood he has shed, but for the goals that strayed too far away which stripped him of his humanity. I am sure he will go down with whatever he has left. There is no one left to fight with him. His best assasin is on CP's side now and his son already left. No use in having PS if there is no heirs to take after it. And even now i still feel so bad for Gon and more so for HG's dad. The sadness he must feel in losing his daughter by the hands of his own father :bawling:

Edit

@jakey09 LOL. See, so she did return the kiss :tongue: i knew that if it wasn't me to confirm it, it would be you :wink:

5 hours ago, chelseab said:

Look at how happy he is finally getting the hug

And the way she caresses his back. After some practice, now my baby is a pro :joy:

and he was smiling happily eventhough we cant see ur face :lol: gotcha!

morning guys!  

19 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

and he was smiling happily eventhough we cant see ur face :lol: gotcha!

morning guys!  

I noticed that too, his cheeckbones kinda showed up when they were hugging (like how his cheekbones are more prominent when he's smiling?) but that could just be a fangirl delulu hahahah be still my heart :joy:

HG death was pretty much inevitable. She knew the consequences of disobeying/going against her grandfather, she never thought she would get away with anything just because of their family relationship. 

Well with HG gone, I wonder if people will continue to complain about GE and her ability or inability to bring the character to life.

As a fan of KSH I would have to say this character (GE) is her weakest yet, I can't seem to connect with her characters emotions,trials or challenges. And it doesn't help that this is her first time portraying romantic scenes and getting her first real kiss. I hope now that the HW is gone she wins me over.

1st thing, when the episode ended and we're to see the preview for some reason I freaked out with "wait, do I need to wait till next week now? is this the 2nd episode of the week?" then I remembered that it's just the 1st episode and we'll have another episode tomorrow :lol: that was a scary moment that'll go through tomorrow too :lol: but with difference that tomorrow we'll really be forced to wait for another week :blink: 

2nd thing, I'm not angry at Lee Seon, nor throwing pots nor needles nor nothing but PLEASE I want him DEAD by the end of the drama!! no redemption nor forgiveness (well our King will forgive him anyway) just kill him off and don't give him ahappy ending because I can't tolerate nor accept it!! PLEASE!!

and I'm wondering what's Lee Seon's plan that he got Dea Mok's permession to make Ga Eun his Queen in return, hmmmm we saw the deal part but not the plan!! whatever it is our King will be fine with Chung Woon and Gon on his side :wink: 

3 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

HG death was pretty much inevitable. She knew the consequences of disobeying/going against her grandfather, she never thought she would get away with anything just because of their family relationship. 

Well with HG gone, I wonder if people will continue to complain about GE and her ability or inability to bring the character to life.

As a fan of KSH I would have to say this character (GE) is her weakest yet, I can't seem to connect with her characters emotions,trials or challenges. And it doesn't help that this is her first time portraying romantic scenes and getting her first real kiss. I hope now that the HW is gone she wins me over.

HG death is really unpredictable...  I want at least, she can find her own happiness with Gon and her father... If LS and QD can be alive until the end, why not HG... But the situation here, HG has betrayed her grandfather and yet her grandfather was too evil to kill the only one of his bloodline while QD and LS surely will be forgiven by the King.

What's making people complain about now is the character itself, if the writers tend to make GE as the weakest even though HG already was gone, how come GE can portray her character as the bravest and bold? It all in the hands of the writer. This is not only her, but other characters too seem weak in this drama, and only HG character has the coolest and gives most impact right now. She knows everything in this, in both sides of the world and even has overshadowed CP character that always needs help from her. So with her death sadly, I must say, it can give every character back to the action again.

I am KSH's fan too, I know this is the weakest character, but everything has its ups and downs and of course, have its own experience, so I hope with this character, it will be her another stepping stone in order to become good and versatile actress later on.

Edit: in my bias opinion, as long as she doings her job at her best, I appreciate and support her all along the way. This cannot be the biggest indicator or changes to the KSH's career as we all know all the holes in this drama... who doesn't know aite?

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Hmm, at this point I am still unsure about the QD potential. I know she wants CP died, but even so... I dont see how she can carry out her plans @vangsweetie637 @herina_90 @sakura2016 @joyspartace_stv what do you guys think? is the QD still a potential enemy?

Hmmmm this is interesting because if the general is back, it will be a test of which way his loyalties lies. We saw him obey the CP once over QD by not waging the war until he thought CP had been killed. QD's power comes from military might so i find it hard for her to be the last bad boss if the general listens to CP now.

And TBH i like DM as a villian better so i rather he be there til the end. 

Also hoping CE had a part to play in CPs return to the throne tmr! Maybe lock LS up somewhere, ORRR out HS as a spy!!! I'm sure CE and QD knew he was DMs person. 

5 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

1st thing, when the episode ended and we're to see the preview for some reason I freaked out with "wait, do I need to wait till next week now? is this the 2nd episode of the week?" then I remembered that it's just the 1st episode and we'll have another episode tomorrow :lol: that was a scary moment that'll go through tomorrow too :lol: but with difference that tomorrow we'll really be forced to wait for another week :blink: 

I SWEAR! It happened with me too!! :lol:

5 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

2nd thing, I'm not angry at Lee Seon, nor throwing pots nor needles nor nothing but PLEASE I want him DEAD by the end of the drama!! no redemption nor forgiveness (well our King will forgive him anyway) just kill him off and don't give him ahappy ending because I can't tolerate nor accept it!! PLEASE!!

A person after my heart! YES! PLEASE! 

:bawling:

Just finished the episodes subbed! But can't gather my thoughts fully yet. 

My eyes were tearing up and i told myself "what is this?' *tearssss* 

I admit chingus. I cried more with Gon on this episode. When HG dad and him was looking at HG body..HG's dad was like "you don't even know how to cry" and yet when he leaves the room, Gon cries!!!!

And there went my tears! Gon is such a heart breaking person here!

:bawling: Gon ah! Let me hug you!!

13 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

How are you gonna connect when there's barely anything to connect to. I think most people here are fans of her or have the ability to deconstruct a character and understand it not only from surface level, thats why most of us are sticking with GE. Me personally, i've always been her fan, and im the kind of fan that goes all out for her idol. So if she acted out the worst character in history, I would probably still support her (no matter how much I critisize or cannot connect with her character) LOL coz Im biased like that. 

If im not a fan of anyone in a drama, I would usually root for character like HG. So, I too thought that I wouldnt be able to connect with GE, but everytime she has an emotional scene I ended up crying :joy:. Especially during the initiation scene, I didnt realise I was crying with her LOL. So I think, she can definitely bring out the emotions. again, I am a biased person so... maybe it applies to me only hahahah 

lastly, I'll be hard for you to support GE since you've been rooting for HG (i think you meant HG right?) And there's nothing wrong with that. Different people, different preferences i guess :wink: 

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu! It's been awhile *hugs*

Yes, LS is what I will call a hypocrite. He says one thing and does another. Maybe that is not the right word for it. One of our chingus mentioned delusional. I think that is much more suitable. Even if he has gone through a lot in 5 years, it is not any worse than what CP or GE went through too. But LS has this thinking that..if he suffered then he has a right to make his life better by making others suffer too. And he wants to take the things that were never his: throne, kingdom, GE, etc. It is his way of thinking that will be his greatest downfall. 

Haha i will just take what I got and hope for more in the next ones haha. Yes it is only a natural maternal instinct. She wants him to be safe. I hope she talks some sense into him. Besides, i think his little sister is already intimidated by him.

@sakura2016 hahaha i am joining your party too! Can watch OTP until tomorrow :D

Hello! *waves* I know I have been inactive on this thread, haha... I'm just trying to enjoy watching the drama and not focus so much on the negative comments about this drama.. (Not that this thread has any negative comments :D Like other sites tend to have so much negativity towards this drama....) I do read the comments on Naver at times (the K-Netizens cmments) though.

But I agree with that you said about LS too..!

One thing i'm so shook about this past is Hwa Goon's death. I mentioned beforehand that I didn't really like her but I didn't dislike her either... She was in that middle ground for me and as the drama progressed, you can see that HG truly did care for CP and loved her, it's just that she was born in the wrong family. I am just wondering why did HG have to die like that... Sigh, I kinda knew it was coming but I didn't want to believe it. Even in her last moments, she was thinking about the Crown Prince... I feel bad for the Father because he saw his own daughter get killed by his own father.. I can understand the hate he has towards Dae Mok now.. I don't know about anyone else though, but I felt really bad and sad for the Father when Hwa Goon died.. Like she didn't deserve it...!

I haven't finished watching the episode subbed yet, but I watched it raw already.. I gotta say, the stars of this episode is Gon when he sees Hwa Goon dead and saying that he will still follow her command, and the reunion between the Crown Prince and everyone!! So touching~

Psh. Like mother, like son.

Did LS mother has to open her mouth? And to think, GE tends to get worried for em? 

Only KM is not tainted by em! LOL! 

Am I the only one who felt sorry when GE said she'll call him his Highness cause she can't call him CS?! Woman, he is your lover! You can call him anything! :wub:

4 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

RATINGS ARE OUT: 

EP 33: 12.6%

EP 34: 13.6%

Decreased but it's ok! At least ratings didn't decrease in the last part ... otherwise people would have said they did cause HG is gone! :lol:

Archived