[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

This is getting intense. The crown prince revealed himself to L.

I have this feeling that L is going to use the mask for revenge someday. He's been through a lot in life and even experienced injustice. People do extreme things when in pain.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cannot wait to know what happen next. 

In the trailer, they show Myungsoo will become the King (which we know its just to cover who the real King is). Let say if one day, LeeSun(commoner) doesn't want to give back LeeSun(king) his place as the King. How are they gonna prove whose who?! If they scar on the back gonna be the prove, however everyone during the birth of the baby was killed. This drama is killing me :confounded:

OMG HWA GOON AKED HER EVIL GRANDFATHER IF HE WANTS CP...CP,BODYGUARD AND L TOGETHER...MASKED CP IS BACK AND PROMISES JUSTICE TO L FOR HIS FATHER MURDER...WERE ABOUT TO LEAVE WHEN KILLER GON AND HIS MEN FOUND HIM...ARE SO MANY ...BODYGUARD READY TO FIGHT...END OF EP

11 minutes ago, mili1234 said:

In the trailer, they show Myungsoo will become the King (which we know its just to cover who the real King is). Let say if one day, LeeSun(commoner) doesn't want to give back LeeSun(king) his place as the King. How are they gonna prove whose who? If they scar on the back gonna be the prove, however everyone during the birth of the baby was killed. This drama is killing me :confounded:

Maybe they will poison the CP again? and L might die because he is not immured to the poison? I believe the scar on the crown prince's back will have a significant role in the story.

INTERESTING PREVIEW

SEEMS THAT CP WILL MEET DAE MOK...

CP AND HIS FATHER TALK...

OTP SAYING GOODBYE...WE SEE GAEUN LEAVING...

THERE IS ALSO A SCENE WITH GAEUN LOOKING SAD...I THINK IS FOR HER FATHER...

WAS BUFFERING I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND TOO MUCH...SORRY...

Wow what a great episode! We're only on episode 2 (3-4) but things got heated up already.

I didn't expect that LS will reveal his true self soon enough to the commoner LS

The last part of the show was amazing in terms of acting.

What happened was a sad realization and eye opener to the King who had not seen the real world up until now.

Commoner LS' fate was so sad, how he ran to ask for help to save his father then was saved then not again, then saved by the prince, only to be killed outside. :(

On the acting front, everyone did an amazing job, especially the main three.  

I couldn't help but love how innocent and happy CP LS is and the friendship he forged with GE is gold, of course he is obviously enamored with her already, it's so obvious with the way he smile

I love that GE is warming up to LS too.  They looked so adorable together.  I love this OTP already.  They looked so beautiful too.

L also showed his acting chops here.  I love how he carried himself all throughout his ordeal from saving his father to knowing the real crown prince.

I am so excited for next weeks episode already. 

I won't wonder if we'll get double digits soon.

Thanks to all updates @ilwoo_aein and everyone and @andy78 and @paperboat04for the recaps.

-edit-

oh and I'm already hating Kim Hwa Goon

12 minutes ago, nonski said:

Wow what a great episode! We're only on episode 2 (3-4) but things got heated up already.

I didn't expect that LS will reveal his true self soon enough to the commoner LS

The last part of the show was amazing in terms of acting.

What happened was a sad realization and eye opener to the King who had not seen the real world up until now.

Commoner LS' fate was so sad, how he ran to ask for help to save his father then was saved then not again, then saved by the prince, only to be killed outside. :(

On the acting front, everyone did an amazing job, especially the main three.  

I couldn't help but love how innocent and happy CP LS is and the friendship he forged with GE is gold, of course he is obviously enamored with her already, it's so obvious with the way he smile

I love that GE is warming up to LS too.  They looked so adorable together.  I love this OTP already.  They looked so beautiful too.

L also showed his acting chops here.  I love how he carried himself all throughout his ordeal from saving his father to knowing the real crown prince.

I am so excited for next weeks episode already. 

I won't wonder if we'll get double digits soon.

Thanks to all updates @ilwoo_aein and everyone and @andy78 for the recaps.

-edit-

oh and I'm already hating Kim Hwa Goon

Chingu :) you are here too.

I feel like for an actor, having a good director is key and i feel like through this drama, L will get rid of the bad image he has as an actor. I just cant wait for next weeks episode, but i read somewhere that there might not be an episode next week? Does anyone know anything about that?

5 hours ago, fieza1871 said:

@ilwoo_aein you must be super busy with both of ur fav actor's drama are at the same time slot... :-P

@fieza1871 so true! I'm so ready for the panda eyes lol 

HQ BTS stills for episode 2

2017051201000910500063431_20170511192512

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003090901

[cut] making film

Seungho NG :lol:

Damn can we all  clap our hands for the that acting skills of the leads! YSH..is best young actor around, and he's only 23 and we're on  first stages of the dramas. So expressive! I love actors who emotes so good!

Thanks @andy78@paperboat04 for live recaps, I'm doing back read now!

@ilwoo_aein@sakura2016 and other chingus for updates and videos!

1 hour ago, mili1234 said:

In the trailer, they show Myungsoo will become the King (which we know its just to cover who the real King is). Let say if one day, LeeSun(commoner) doesn't want to give back LeeSun(king) his place as the King. How are they gonna prove whose who?! If they scar on the back gonna be the prove, however everyone during the birth of the baby was killed. This drama is killing me :confounded:

when did they show that?

that people at birth werekilled

8 minutes ago, jongski said:

Damn can we all  clap our hands for the that acting skills of the leads! YSH..is best young actor around, and he's only 23 and we're on  first stages of the dramas. So expressive! I love actors who emotes so good!

I dont understand anything but I agree with you. We know that YSH & KSH will bring the emotion but L are not far behind. The scene when I think uri CP and GE start realizing their attraction to each other and L is there as witness is beautiful n painful at the same time

29 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

I dont understand anything but I agree with you. We know that YSH & KSH will bring the emotion but L are not far behind. The scene when I think uri CP and GE start realizing their attraction to each other and L is there as witness is beautiful n painful at the same time

I felt that too chingu. :(

I wonder what will Kim Hwa-gun (Sohee) plans to do next. Since the Crown Prince doesn't recognize her outside and she keeps following him. She can easily reveal and use the information that she knows to help her family destroy the CP. I hope she'll not going to blackmail him like what her Grandfather has been doing to the Royal family.

I hope she's a good character and be one of the CP ally. I'm actually looking forward how her character will develop.

44 minutes ago, jongski said:

I couldn't agree more. haha

You should watch out for his trademark sobbing/crying scene. It will melt your heart out.

Can chingus clarify please, cos I'm confused.. so tonight's was episode 2?  Yesterday's episode was episode 1 but  30 mins 30 mins?

Y'all I took a leave ya know..just so I can watch raw..haha.YSH  acting!

At the start of this thread, I've been fervently wishing YSH win an award for best actor ( plus my forever wish to him and Ji Sung in one powerful drama!)

At the end of this drama.. I wanna see YSH win a best actor award! And when I say best actor I mean,overall Korean best actor not just  MBC best actor! and criteria is acting skills not popularity.   Hah. I know I'm biased but acting skills, need to be rewarded!

@Go Seung Ji thanks for the page 1 updates and all cos I'm still confused with character names,  so I  always check on that :)

46 minutes ago, jongski said:

totally agree with you!! :thumbsup::heart:

you're most welcome chingu!! :D 

Archived