[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

4 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

I remember this picture early last year. Was supposed to be something related to Moon Lovers. 

--------

LOL...that was so unexpected from NB. So unexpected.  

Morning~

some tried to compared the candlelit or sth like rack from behind with the room settings of the palace. But the vast/wine bottle looked kinda chinese to make people relate this to Bbjx.:rolleyes:

Thanks sooo much @Gabi Bros u make my day!!!now even the shooting angle, hand gesture and wooden case:wub:

• Like 10

Be on the alert Stargazers, JoonU are throwing 1,2,3 punches. Fan Meet Ticket sales(3/23), then IU's release(3/24) and tomorrow MEC ep. 6 (3/25). After seeing the crumbs on IU's MV let us see what will be hinted at next. These two are good at keeping us alert and our thoughts on them. Yes, JoonU, we are all here chanting. Hope you are lurking here JG/JE and enjoying how well your shippers are discovering each of your clever lil' clues. kekeke. Could it be that all this is a prelude to something telling at your fm kekeke...my wishful thinking.

• Like 19

Hey does anyone know Chinese?

Coz according to my Chinese friend. The lyrics for through the night seems to be a breakup song.

Can anyone here help me? I'm a bit confused coz the English translation for me a lot about a love confession. 

When was this video flimed ?

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, jenny kim said:

Coz according to my Chinese friend. The lyrics for through the night seems to be a breakup song.

Can anyone here help me? I'm a bit confused coz the English translation for me a lot about a love confession. 

I've been generally lurking and enjoying everyone's analysis since JEs song and MV came out and as much as I'm getting the MLSHR vibe from the video, a part of me is also hoping that it isn't a song about  Voldy (touchy subject for our ship, I know!) The way I interpret the song is it's about loving someone at the wrong time. Not getting the chance to confess boldly and maybe a sense that the love might be unrequited? Of course, writing songs is a complex process and may not entirely reflect the composer's personal experience but can be influenced by it in some aspects. Mostly I'm trying to rationalize my delulu heart while dancing with so much feels at the same time. It's a tough balancing act! 

• Like 20

35 minutes ago, jenny kim said:

Chinese here. Dont think the lyrics about breakup. I find it totally confession from Chinese English n korean. Though it might seem a reminiscence of love in the past, I feel subtly the singer remains a chance to go get for you-all-know-who, for she turns back and seem to see sth/sb at the end of the mv.

No matter what translation you got, the most important is the original korean,right?

My 2 cents:)

• Like 18

JE's soothing voice interpreting such a beautiful song with sentimental lyrics. Love it.

In combine of the lyrics with the MV, I don't think it's a breakup song. I like to think it's about unrequited love The girl roaming in the corridor and looked through the window just wanted to take a glimpse of someone. She finally gathered enough courage to write a letter but not brave enough to send it. It's full of regret.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, jenny kim said:

when I looked up on the chinese translation i see no difference with the English one, in my opinion ppl have different thoughts when it comes to interpreting things. 

what i can come out with they might read some of the lyrics as sad lyrics that was why they said it was a break up song even though i think its otherwise and knowing IU she is not the type who like to write a break up song cmiiw. 

for the timing it looked recent since her hair is short but not as short as when she just recently cut it. 

oh..1 more thing the mv location was confirmed it was in Busan, coincidence?! 

Spoiler

maybe someone has different opinion than mine? 

• Like 17

If you watch MV with sub,u can feel its not break song but more feel honestly and deeply the writer song with someone who letter for,the sadness part maybe the writer have any problem with her confidence to confess her feel because she afraid will lost him,and there are something that they cant be together 

My delulu said if the lyrics interpret to someone real life, lyric when i remember our first kiss,i just think why they kissing before she confess her feeling,, is kiss for acting needed?? Heeeee

• Like 18

I found my chingu also has this thought, i don't know chinese but my opinion they misinterpretation the lyrics in the part of lyrics :

"I feel you’ll disappear to a far off place... How can I be so lucky to have met you, who is a blessing. If we’re together now. Ah how great it’d be..." 

They thought they're broke up and she still want together with him... But it wasn't...

If we read it again "I feel you'll disappear..." there's word "you'll = you will" as other chingu has said she's afraid to lost the one she love. She's just missing him and feel lucky met him, she want to be together with him right now...but she can't tell all her feeling. So it's about undelivered love confession. Cmiiw... Is it possible to say maybe they're in long distance relationship (any other reasons) but they didn't break up?

Before this has been posted...it's come from director who made the mv, he said from some reason the protagonist couldn't deliver the love letter. So my opinion it's still about feeling confession.

Hmm...we need Ji Eun to explain this song hahaa... But i hope she has thought just like most of us ^^

Spoiler

• Like 17

NO! It's not about the breakup song (but yeah it's all back to how u interpert the lyrics) even almost all the popular Uaenas thought that this song and the MV has so much MLSHR feels, and they didnt think that this song is IU's personal feeling after broke up with that man who-shouldnt-be-named!

• Like 13

Hehe... I think Ji Eun will be the only one knowing the real meaning behind the lyrics... even the MV Director had to interpret himself lol.

Anyway, I don't think the seemingly subtle props that reminded most- if not all- of us to MLSHR/ Hae Soo- Wang So such as the lotus hairpin (?) would be from the ideas of the MV maker team. It seems to me like it's from Ji Eun's side... there's no way those things could be related to Voldy, in my humble opinion.

@jenny kim I think I'll stick more to the English translation provided by 1theK itself than any other versions of translation.

The thing with textual messages is that it is very open to different subjective interpretation. Speaking a bit scientifically, in the context of qualitative text analysis, only the source of the message will be able to clarify the intended meaning hehe *waiting for Ji Eun's own words alright!* and if it's not available yet, the 'majority' agreed interpretation can be used as the (answer to) temporary assumption/ hypothesis. So far I think most people would agree that the song is more about the longing, yearning feelings rather than the sad breakup one. It seems like the feelings were mutual, since the two had shared a first kiss already but for some reasons they might have been (physically) apart afterwards- no necessarily clear implication of breaking up, though. The girl's longing to be together and her 'fear' of losing this precious guy to me isn't really the same as the desperate feeling of wanting to go back to your previous/ ex-lover.

Anyway, aside from the different interpretation thingy, I'm glad that the song has been very well received! I hope her whole album next month will be as successful. More importantly, hopefully we'll get more and more crumbs from the upcoming album hehehe... Joon Gi's 3000-ish Encore FM tickets were sold out within approx. 3 minutes, by the way. Happy for both of them...

Have a good weekend, fellow Stargazers! May our BBJX wish come true (very soon).

:wub:

guys!! :

and can we like just talk about how the camera focused on Haesoo's hairpin when it was panned on the jewelry box?? It's like straight out saying: YES, this song's for Wangso (LJK?? <3)!!!

I can't wait for when JE holds her comeback showcase, I'm really curious what she would say about this song.

• Like 22