[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

@heoesdanish90 yeah, if it was real life, misunderstandings will be short lived. we clear misunderstandings by talking it out but in a drama world, these misunderstandings drag out for the story line so that we could stay tune for more episodes and action scenes, haha. as a viewer, i'm sure we are all frustrated but that's what makes it more fun i guess. we anticipate how the story will play it. i can't wait for their reunion though. just talking about it give me the butterflies, haha. :D

• Like 4

Guest cr1mson
46 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

Oh no, I'm worried, XE said (in that preview) that YWY making her his bedchamber maid, giving her the bell, giving her the sword, just to make her to become his XE, but he is also the one who kill XE with his own hand and the one who still alive is only CQ.

(why I sense another misunderstanding here somehow?? Won't she realize that YWY put that needle to fake her death so that she can escape??)

She was believe that he kill her so he can clear the crazy YWH grandpa death case, not because he want to help her. It is a big misunderstanding here of course.

Guest cr1mson
25 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

that is how they flirt :wink:

Good question and perfect answer. How they flirt is so sexyyyyy

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

the sword

this should be after the bathroom scene? Yuwen Yue has a different hairstyle

around same time bc similar outfits (YWY clothes are different)

also around the same time, this scene (obviously they are just smiling bc it is bts

73809190ly1fh08i46b2wj21400qo0yc.jpg

73809190ly1fh08i4y28ij21400qowkk.jpg

73809190ly1fh08j308acj21bg0qnwmf.jpg

it will be okay Yuwen Yue :bawling:

Sorry for quoting pics, mod, but I have to leave this 3 pics because that is the red plum bowl that I was talking about, they're eating together using red plum bowl (like the one YWY ask XE to get them for him on ep 5). So are they going to go back to Qing Shan Yue? This is the marriage-life scenes? 

And in the novel, when is YWY and XE trying to save a boy together, is it after or before the icy lake incident? And the bathroom scene is before the icy lake thing I suppose?

41 minutes ago, cr1mson said:

She was believe that he kill her so he can clear the crazy YWH grandpa death case, not because he want to help her. It is a big misunderstanding here of course.

I somehow thought that XE will realize that YWY throw a needle at her is his desperate move to save her on that desperate moment, never occured to me that she will think that is because YWY was really killing her to get away from the crazy grandpa case :bawling:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

Sorry for quoting pics, mod, but I have to leave this 3 pics because that is the red plum bowl that I was talking about, they're eating together using red plum bowl (like the one YWY ask XE to get them for him on ep 5). So are they going to go back to Qing Shan Yue? This is the marriage-life scenes? 

And in the novel, when is YWY and XE trying to save a boy together, is it after or before the icy lake incident? And the bathroom scene is before the icy lake thing I suppose?

I somehow thought that XE will realize that YWY throw a needle at her is his desperate move to save her on that desperate moment, never occured to me that she will think that is because YWY was really killing her to get away from the crazy grandpa case :bawling:

I agree on the second part, I thought she realized he was trying to save her :bawling:poor YWY 

Timeline: 

1.Next time they will meet bathroom scene

2.I think the fighting scene with her in blue is sometime after that either before or after they rescue the boy, I want to say before so I will put it here. 

3. Rescue the boy together, some bonding

4. At some point something happens to YX and she says she needs to go back bc YX needs her and YWY tells her that "cant you see I need you too" I believe that is where my sig is from (or my sig could be after icy lake)

5. Icy lake, XE thinks YWY dies. Confronts her feelings for him

now don't know what will happen afterwards

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I agree on the second part, I thought she realized he was trying to save her :bawling:poor YWY 

Reveal hidden contents

Timeline: 

1.Next time they will meet bathroom scene

2.I think the fighting scene with her in blue is sometime after that either before or after they rescue the boy, I want to say before so I will put it here. 

3. Rescue the boy together, some bonding

4. At some point something happens to YX and she says she needs to go back bc YX needs her and YWY tells her that "cant you see I need you too" I believe that is where my sig is from (or my sig could be after icy lake)

5. Icy lake, XE thinks YWY dies. Confronts her feelings for him

now don't know what will happen afterwards

I like your timeline analysis. Hopefully those scenes come up quickly. And love how you point out how they flirt is hurt/fight one another. Tsk tsk tsk. Lol! :lol:

• Like 2

Guest cr1mson
13 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

Even with those all misunderstanding, she still back to the tomb (maybe she miss the ring and try to found it) and get back the couple sword, that mean she hate him but miss him too I guess, what a beautiful plot isn't it?  :)

26 minutes ago, cr1mson said:

Even with those all misunderstanding, she still back to the tomb (maybe she miss the ring and try to found it) and get back the couple sword, that mean she hate him but miss him too I guess, what a beautiful plot isn't it?  :)

Thats good to hear that. We already half of the drama. Hoping for the better scene and story next week. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I like your timeline analysis. Hopefully those scenes come up quickly. And love how you point out how they flirt is hurt/fight one another. Tsk tsk tsk. Lol! :lol:

yeah I am missing some stuff but more or less they should meet again next week and they should also protect that kid for sure

14 minutes ago, cr1mson said:

yeah, she is so hard to understand. 

• Like 3

Come here immidiately after binge watch raw until ep 30, i should thanks to dramaland for pushing me learn foreign language without any teacher. :tongue: Just realizing that actually i can understand 80-90% of the conversation, its amazing. We should just tell our parents to proud of us for being drama lover we can save their money from courses. lol.

Back to drama, finally the couple sword mystery revealed. Happy because CQ being a tomb raider, stealing whats inside. But also sad because she still misunderstanding YWY. Why cant she just think if he really want to kill her, she'd be already dead for good now.

Add. YWY being helplessly romantic and melancholy by literally burying the couple sword within her tomb, is that mean he will never find and love any other girl beside her? Aigoo.. so painful it hurts me too.. :bawling:

• Like 10

I saw a scrne in ep 30 when YWY enter his place and remiscing all the memories of XE and him while figthing but to that fight is like they aee dancing and the bell when he saw it i can see his agony really ohh ppor YWY he maybe very sad eeally

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

that is how they flirt :wink:

1 hour ago, cr1mson said:

Good question and perfect answer. How they flirt is so sexyyyyy

Their flirting way is wayyy too sexyyyy and healthy and useful for self protection. Good for body, mind, and soul :wub:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Ah... okay, I missed this discussion initially because it was in spoiler tags and I saw it elsewhere.

With regards to 委屈 (wei qu) although dictionaries translate it as "wronged"... I would argue that the closest English equivalent in the context that you're referring to would be the expression "I have imposed on you". It's rather old fashioned these days but it fits better than most other expressions in the semantic range. My understanding of that usage comes from Jane Austen's Emma: "He has imposed on me but he has not injured me"

I like what "impose" implies because it conveys pressure and force on the other party that goes against their will (usually).

I thought everyone knew. :tongue: It's a Korean drama staple. :D

I won't deny that like a lot of people here I'm totally invested in the YWY and X'er pairing but it doesn't really bother me if she does love both men in different ways. I made my peace with that kind of love triangle in Moon Lovers and I think it's quite realistic for a woman (as is the case here) to have different types of relationships with different men that could be termed "love". Not every kind of love relationship means burning up the screen with overt sexual tension but it doesn't mean it isn't love in some form. Looking at Ep. 28, it seemed to me that with YX, X'er takes a more caretaker role. She looks after him and gives him advice about how to move on... and that's fine... it's what he needs from her and it's what she needs to be at this point in her life because she is the stronger one here. I think she's necessary for him at this stage to help him get back on his feet and teach him to bide his time. Just as YWY helped her and taught her to bide her time, gather her inner resources... to survive and to look ahead to the future and not dwell on the past too much. But yeah... YX needs someone to help him build long term goals, move on and stay on track. Someone who has suffered with him is best placed to do that. Because without that support, he would be a blithering mess.

YWY will be fine but I won't deny he'd be happier with a strong woman by his side who is his intellectual equal. :wink: X'er isn't quite there yet but she will be once she sees the world from a broader perspective. I suspect her time with YX will give her that.

@40somethingahjumma Being an avid Austen fan myself - I kinda feel like the context is different  Those English manners, the language, culture, and Austen's romances kind of pale in comparison to this novel-drama. In a dictionary context, IMPOSE means to take advantage of someone by demanding their attention or commitment which appears to be what Emma underwent with Frank C. All that Frank C dude did was manipulate situations to create illusions of interest in Emma to hide-mask-defliect his romance.with another. My understanding of imposing in that novel-context has always meant inconvenienced (someone)+take advantage of + dash of compromising someone. It's like she said to Knightley - he imposed but his imposition diddn't hurt-harm her.

Wheareas the general meaning of WeiQu is much more than that. WeiQu involves someone (potentially) enduring physical, mental, emotional, situational suffering, ususally involving an extended period of time.It also means that individual's reputation being compromised. 

I dunno - I would never have described Emma as being WeiQu'd in any context but then comparatively speaking in Chinese society she would have been some wealthy XIaoJie or Princess and this kind of ungentlemanly manipulative treatment from a man like Frank C may be considered being WeiQu'd. It's all relative based on one's state of mind and upbringing. If Emma ever declared she was WeiQu'd by Frank C - I'd call her a spoiled brat and go get a life. I would really reaffirm that CQ is really more than WeiQu'd in the novel. I'd say WeiQu'd is an understatement...... hahahahhahaaa

• Like 7

OK - I confess to being an impatient person. All I am interested in is the romance. After reading thru c182 - c187, I had to skip to the end to see what happened c191. Bypassed C 188 - c 190 (putting the rest in spoiler for those who don't want to know).

Spoiler

Some clarifications for those who have not read the novel.

1) YWY and XE haven't had any biological kids yet up to C 187. BTW - C187 came in 2 parts, part 1 and 2. why? I dunnno

2) Those kids they have are 'adopted. I suspect we will be seeing one of them this week - the first kid that YWY interacts with after XE's 'death' will eventually be adopted by YWY. In the novel, this kid has met XE b4  because when she saw him again for the first time years later after she returns with YWY following the wedding nite, he called her 'mother' and asked if she had forgotten him. This was when she found out YWY had raised the child as his own even tho this kid was not too much older than her. XE is mother to LiJing's son as well as a few other kids she picked up somewhere along the way before Chapter 180.

3) YWY is NOT a king. He is a high ranking official to the king in his court. XE is a general and king-ruler .That gave her the status she needed to be suitable for marrying into the YW family. 

4) Soon Ater they returned to the city together following the 'wedding night', YWY became more and more busy, working deep into the night, and was taking a visible toll on his health.

5) YWY arranged for a formal wedding with XE. LIJing had pre-arranged a huge dowry  for XE before he died (she didn't know about it tilll her formal wedding day was announced ) -  LJ even had pre-arranged for the surviving and remaining Jing family members (adopted family who had raised her) to be at her wedding so that she has some kind of family on her end of the family at the wedding. whatta man!!!

6) The wedding ceremony was interrupted by the horns announcing the king's death and an internal court power-struggle all of which was anticipated by YWY and XE. What was not anticipated was that YWH would hold XE hostage. She killed the soldiers guarding her and with a bare minimum number of her own close guards, had to fight her way to the city gate (apparently this was sort of pre-arranged). So her formal wedding day didn't happen... crap! sigh.....

5) Following which as the ternal power struggle was taking place - in the midst of it, YX attacked the country. 

6) XIaoBa (little 8), after YWY 'died' was sold to a brothel and raped. She realized no one was around to protect her. She quickly learned all the important arts of becoming a high-end prostitute and in a short time, was entertaining the richest. She was with a fat and old client on a boat when he tried to inappropriately take off her clothes. Inadvertently, she injured him and in the struggle, fell off the boat. Considering who he was, she chose to drown in the lake but was saved by the Prince. He was interested in her but becoz she was still pining for YWY, she chose to becomea slave-servant instead. Years later, after she reunited with XE again (c182 or 183), she somehow saw him again. This time he was cold and distant and no longer a prince of power-position, but she determinedly made up her mind to stick with him wherever he is - and he finally consented.  

7) YWY during this period comes to some important realizations. SInce I have not read the whole novel and it is different from the drama, i really feel fro him here. In the  last chapters - it reveals that he is the 4th son in the family which means not so important. Despite working hard, being loyal and talented, his family in the whole time has always ignored. use. if not ill-treat him esp his father. They even went as far as disowning him at one point and only welcomed him back into the family after he accomplished some great feats. Even afterwards they are using him. Even knowing he was marrying XE, his father asked him to take the opportunity to gain more power in the midst of the war chaosl  and sacrifice XE (she volunatrily left to defend LIJIng's country and his child) from  YX's army - the size is incomparable without reinforcements). At this point, YWY realizes his lack of importance to his family and her importance to him and vice versa. He chose to disobey and leave his father (and the YW family) and go save XE.

8) XE was prepared to die as YX's forces had fought thru the city gates. She had created enuf oppotuinity just  b4 to smuglle out LIJing's child and the other kids accompanied by the other skilled guards to protect them and was essentially vulnerable.  

8) The last spoken sentence of the concluding chapter was XE whispering into YWY's ear "I am pregnant" (this is her first pregnancy).

so in chapter 189 XE discovers she's pregnant. i  just read those chapters . I suspect the series won't follow the novel as XE herself only meets YWH after she returns to the city with YWY post wedding night. 

Edited by mundane9
updates and corrections
  • Like 18

27 minutes ago, mundane9 said:

OK - I confess to being an impatient person. All I am interested in is the romance. After reading thru c182 - c187, I had to skip to the end to see what happened c191. Bypassed C 188 - c 190 (putting the rest in spoiler for those who don't want to know).

Hide contents

1) YWY and XE haven't had any biological kids yet up to C 187. BTW - C187 came in 2 parts, part 1 and 2. why? I dunnno

2) Those kids they have are 'adopted. I suspect we will be seeing one of them this week - the first kid that YWY interacts with after XE's 'death' will eventually be adopted by YWY. In the novel, this kid has met XE b4  because when she saw him again for the first time years later after she returns with YWY following the wedding nite, he called her 'mother' and asked if she had forgotten him. This was when she found out YWY had raised the child as his own even tho this kid was not too much older than her. XE is mother to LiJing's son as well as a few other kids she picked up somewhere along the way before Chapter 180.

3) YWY is NOT a king. He is a high ranking official to the king in his court. XE is a general and king-ruler .That gave her the status she needed to be suitable for marrying into the YW family. 

4) Soon Ater they returned to the city together following the 'wedding night', YWY became more and more busy, working deep into the night, and was taking a visible toll on his health.

5) YWY arranged for a formal wedding with XE. LIJing had pre-arranged a huge dowry  for XE before he died (she didn't know about it tilll her formal wedding day was announced ) -  LJ even had pre-arranged for the surviving and remaining Jing family members (adopted family who had raised her) to be at her wedding so that she has some kind of family on her end of the family at the wedding. whatta man!!!

6) The wedding ceremony was interrupted by the horns announcing the king's death and an internal court power-struggle all of which was anticipated by YWY and XE. What was not anticipated was that YWH would hold XE hostage. She killed the soldiers guarding her and with a bare minimum number of her own close guards, had to fight her way to the city gate (apparently this was sort of pre-arranged). So her formal wedding day didn't happen... crap! sigh.....

5) Following which as the internal power struggle was taking place - in the midst of it, YX attacked the country. 

6) XIaoBa (little 8), after YWY 'died' was sold to a brothel and raped. She realized no one was around to protect her. She quickly learned all the important arts of becoming a high-end prostitute and in a short time, was entertaining the richest. She was with a fat and old client on a boat when he tried to inappropriately take off her clothes. Inadvertently, she injured him and in the struggle, fell off the boat. Considering who he was, she chose to drown in the lake but was saved by the Prince. He was interested in her but becoz she was still pining for YWY, she chose to becomea slave-servant instead. Years later, after she reunited with XE again (c182 or 183), she somehow saw him again. This time he was cold and distant and no longer a prince of power-position, but she determinedly made up her mind to stick with him wherever he is - and he finally consented.  

7) YWY during this period comes to some important realizations. SInce I have not read the whole novel and it is different from the drama, i really feel fro him here. In the  last chapters - it reveals that he is the 4th son in the family which means not so important. Despite working hard, being loyal and talented, his family in the whole time has always ignored. use. if not ill-treat him esp his father. They even went as far as disowning him at one point and only welcomed him back into the family after he accomplished some great feats. Even afterwards they are using him. Even knowing he was marrying XE, his father asked him to take the opportunity to gain more power in the midst of the war chaosl  and sacrifice XE (she was protecting their home town surrounded by YX's army - the size is incomparable without reinforcements). At this point, YWY realizes his lack of importance to his family and her importance to him and vice versa. He chose to disobey and leave his father (and the YW family) and go save XE.

8) XE was prepared to die as YX's forces had fought thru the city gates. She had created enuf oppotuinity just  b4 to smuglle out LIJing's child and the other kids accompanied by the other skilled guards to protect them and was essentially vulnerable.  

8) The last sentence of the concluding chapter was XE whispering into YWY's ear "I am pregnant" (this is her first pregnancy).

so somewhere between c188-189 XE discovers she's pregnant. i may just read those chapters later to see how she finds out. I suspect the series won't follow the novel as XE herself only meets YWH after she returns to the city with YWY post wedding night. 

@mundane9  Tq so much.:heart: Same like you, i am only interested in the romance part. Hahaha. I admit in the drama, i skip a lot. Only watch at the romance and YWY part. Hehehe. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mundane9 said:

Reveal hidden contents

5) Following which as the internal power struggle was taking place - in the midst of it, YX attacked the country. 

7) YWY during this period comes to some important realizations. SInce I have not read the whole novel and it is different from the drama, i really feel fro him here. In the  last chapters - it reveals that he is the 4th son in the family which means not so important. Despite working hard, being loyal and talented, his family in the whole time has always ignored. use. if not ill-treat him esp his father. They even went as far as disowning him at one point and only welcomed him back into the family after he accomplished some great feats. Even afterwards they are using him. Even knowing he was marrying XE, his father asked him to take the opportunity to gain more power in the midst of the war chaosl  and sacrifice XE (she was protecting their home town surrounded by YX's army - the size is incomparable without reinforcements). At this point, YWY realizes his lack of importance to his family and her importance to him and vice versa. He chose to disobey and leave his father (and the YW family) and go save XE.

8) The last sentence of the concluding chapter was XE whispering into YWY's ear "I am pregnant" (this is her first pregnancy).

so somewhere between c188-189 XE discovers she's pregnant. i may just read those chapters later to see how she finds out. I suspect the series won't follow the novel as XE herself only meets YWH after she returns to the city with YWY post wedding night. 

Thank you so much for these precious parts from the novel. Even with the cave-man English that my translator app was spouting, I still loved points 7, 8 & 9 in that you've clearly summarized here. (Heck! I didn't have a clue as to who YWY was refusing in point 7. I really loved the gist of what he said there about how CQ/XE needs him to have hope. It might turn out to be his most lovable line ever. So he's talking to his old man...) I hope the drama would get to at least point 9. (Cross fingers x(*.*)x

• Like 4

12 hours ago, farhah_1986 said:

Eye of God is like a prison for YWY, responsibility that come with it is a burden for him.

But is it true that Eye of God completely destroyed? Or only as a cover against the emperor and YWH? If it indeed destroyed, i love how YWY did it using YWH...it just show how smart YWY when he devise a scheme. If Eye of God no longer exist in the eyes of the emperor and YWH, I wonder what path YWY gonna take on after this. How grandpa gonna take this, surely he knows it YWY plan. Rather than having someone else taking control of Eye of God, its better to destroy it..

Yes, it's an interesting question. I have wondered about it myself. I wonder if he's got copies of those files stashed somewhere else. Maybe there's an Eyes of God within the Eyes of God.

@mundane9 -- Thank you for your response, it was very helpful to me in helping me think through the concept and coming to a better understanding of the word. 

And it's okay to tell me that I'm wrong. :D My sister-in-law does it often enough. :wink:

Ep 30 was great... loads of fun... and much closer to the show that I signed up for. It sort of occurred to me that there hasn't been much fighting of late and it was nice to see the good guys kicking some major rear ends. It is very sad to see YX constantly looking so grave and angry but what to do... he's experienced such a major emotional trauma. Poor kid... but at least he's learning to bide his time.

Fortunately for everyone YWH is a bully without much savvy. To be sure he's enjoyed a bit power and throwing his weight around but when he overplayed his role in the take down of the Yan family, he made a lot of people unhappy. People who would love to see him go down and rub his face in the mud. I guess he was cunning enough to use junkie Vampire Buddy to do his dirty work for him but he didn't cover all his bases. How reliable can a guy who is utterly stoned be?

The preview for the next two episodes has me super excited about Yuwen Yue going off on his own journey to find out what happened to his mother. That's apparently why he took Yuwen Huai's grandmother. He kept her dress from when she was at Ji Le Pavilion. I'm glad the show acknowledges his importance outside of the XingYue coupling because I would find the rest of the drama very hard to watch without him in it doing more than monitoring YX's situation. Didn't he look supercool (太帅了... 超帅) as he sauntered past all his minions taking down the other side's minions? And threatening YWH... LOL... always welcomed in my book. If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like he knows that YWH's been colluding with the Liang spies. Heh. Oh I love me a badass YWY.

I wonder where the journey to find the truth about his mother will lead him... will that cause him to break with the Yuwen family?

If I get a chance later, I'll try and translate the preview. It looks great for us YWY fans. 

Ah, I see that he's been sent to help deal with some border issues. New bromance on the horizon perhaps? A general-prince? I noticed that Prince Song made reference to someone called 5th Brother last time... maybe that's him.

Nice bit of banter. Prince Xiang, I think it is, doesn't think too much of a city slicker noble coming out to the border. So YWY promptly points out that he's a prince going out of his comfort zone so it follow that it's no different for him. The prince acknowledges that YWY at least has some backbone and is unyielding. 

Prince Xiang, is looking for some brain power and men to help him out and imagines as the descendant of Eyes of God, YWY should have understanding of the art of war. He wants YWY to enlist new recruits but YWY points out that he just got to camp and is unfamiliar with the situation. The prince tells YWY he doesn't know what he's capable of. Whether he's someone of talent or an empty shirt (the Chinese idiom is great... a pillow with an embroidered case...) remains to be seen.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, aikmm said:

@heoesdanish90 yeah, if it was real life, misunderstandings will be short lived. we clear misunderstandings by talking it out but in a drama world, these misunderstandings drag out for the story line so that we could stay tune for more episodes and action scenes, haha. as a viewer, i'm sure we are all frustrated but that's what makes it more fun i guess. we anticipate how the story will play it. i can't wait for their reunion though. just talking about it give me the butterflies, haha. :D

@aikmm... so true chingu, in cdrama there are bad at communicating and it takes a very long time before they can ever clear it up. 

• Like 1