[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

If YWY is alive then its a happy ending :wub:

CQ already break up with YX said to him that she will go finds YWY ...

with a tiny hope here i think somehow YWY already let go everything ... nomore purpose for living ... but when she tell him that they should alive and she wont leave him anymore ... hopefully will lighten his spirit to alive :)

Im sure this is going to happy ending ... but maybe they dont describe their life after that ... only till the part ywy is alive ... then tbc to part 2 hahaha 

Somehow i wish that da wei prince is coming to have battle with Yanxun so he has nomore time to trap YWY and they meet up only at battlefield not trap him like that ... really not a gentleman he is ... trap him in the middle of the nite  ... im not sure he is a real man :D

• Like 9

8 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I think she had a double shock first seeing ywy grandpa alive and then they were using her as a bait. Coz at that point she believed ywy like anything. She was willing to be a perfect spy and was interested in that training too. She cried that ywy whom she was believing so much just used her like a bait n lied to her. At that time yx helped her or say yx was with her. She saw what n all happened with him. She knows that originally yx is not cruel. He is of innocent nature. She feels that hatred has changed him. In some way,  she is also responsible for it coz of she was supporting him for his revenge. So she wants to get him to good path so she isn't leaving him. 

As for yx, he knows he cannot keep cq closed. He tried to prevent her from engaging in some wars but she went ahead n did it. He still wants to cage her to him by Emotional blackmail that she is the only one left for her n everything he does is for her. So far, his blackmails r successful with cq as she wants to leave him but she can't as per her conversation with miss. Yu

Ywy is the victim of all the bad ppl surrounding him. They have successfully separated or caused drift between him his love. Now it's difficult for him to get his love back:bawling:I just want him to live with xe separately without the interference of his grandpa n others

I agree. I would only add that it was a triple shock. She thought her adopted brother (Jin Lin Xi) had been killed for the death of YWY grandfather. Sadly, we later found out that was not the case and he had died from being poisoned by the spider that had also bit grandpa but was not saved because YWY only had enough anti venom for 1 person.

But the revelation of the truth behind her adopted brother's death came too late. She found out only after three years of imprisonment and countless assassination attempts with YX.

Someone several pages back wrote an observation that was insightful for me. YX does all these horrible things but at the last minute gives plausible reasons/excuses to XE. She is like a battered woman living with Stockholm syndrome. The icy lake attack of YWY by YX will be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. 

It is just so sad that the production company has butchered a perfectly good story for the sake of pleasing sponsors. I feel very sorry for ZYL. Her character in this project has been butchered. Hopefully she will be able to exercise production control for her future projects.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, litia said:

Ladies ladies, why do they have to wait until the last episode to let CQ regain her power. I am convinced it's only for the purpose of saving YWY. I am not worried about a sad ending. What I'm concerned about is whether we get any sweet moments of our OTP in the end :tongue:. Please let them kiss for real, ok?

You have a point. If the power don't have any function, why should they make it appear in last ep? It's better make the tattoo appear when CQ in the battle. So... maybe we still have hope for happy ending.

About the real kiss... emmmm.... I don't think we will get it. YWY pretty tired with XE. Hahaha

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, litia said:

Ladies ladies, why do they have to wait until the last episode to let CQ regain her power. I am convinced it's only for the purpose of saving YWY. I am not worried about a sad ending. What I'm concerned about is whether we get any sweet moments of our OTP in the end :tongue:. Please let them kiss for real, ok?

It's the perfect time for her to regain her power just like she did when she regain it for a while and saved him from the snakes. YQ is nowhere in sight so she's the only one who can really save him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrsyooknit said:

you thought the CGI was good at the beginning? I always felt like their CGI was sub-optimal but not that bad. Still feels the same. 

XE's powers are the only thing that could save them both, BUT things are not looking good for YWY.

It was good where I barely notice it due to the props they use. Towards the end, I see less props and more CGI that are pretty plain so it stands out. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, desertpanda said:

I agree. I would only add that it was a triple shock. She thought her adopted brother (Jin Lin Xi) had been killed for the death of YWY grandfather. Sadly, we later found out that was not the case and he had died from being poisoned by the spider that had also bit grandpa but was not saved because YWY only had enough anti venom for 1 person.

But the revelation of the truth behind her adopted brother's death came too late. She found out only after three years of imprisonment and countless assassination attempts with YX.

Someone several pages back wrote an observation that was insightful for me. YX does all these horrible things but at the last minute gives plausible reasons/excuses to XE. She is like a battered woman living with Stockholm syndrome. The icy lake attack of YWY by YX will be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. 

It is just so sad that the production company has butchered a perfectly good story for the sake of pleasing sponsors. I feel very sorry for ZYL. Her character in this project has been butchered. Hopefully she will be able to exercise production control for her future projects.

Yup agree. They butchered the characters blindly especially cq. Her character wants something but achieves nothing. But still is stubborn to admit her defeat. She never admits that she took a wrong choice. ZLY might be saddened as her character was given no growth. But I should say ZLY gave her best in terms of emotions and expressions. If there was another actress acting cq,i would have never accepted her. So if there is a season 2 I want the same cast. If they change I m not interested. Coz only this cast can bring soul to these characters

• Like 7

4 hours ago, monchoo said:

For those who have been wondering or complaining these days why are the main lead not having enough screen time. Pls be noted that PA scripts was written into 3-parts by 3 different scripts writer. Writer A: From beginning til end of Qing Shan yuan. Writer B: YX's part til the war. Writer C: remaining of the rest of the story.

31/7/2017: Due to the complaints of many viewers and fans, the script writer have stepped forward with the statement as below:

Yang Tao (writer C -finale) : Due to the suggestions of the directors, we need to put in additional parts for the secondary actors. Each scene and renting places for filming are limited, therefore each grp have to be in progressed. Because if all the filming scenes were weighing on the main leads, they will be busy to death.And all the secondary actors will have nothing to do, thus the script will not be interesting enough. Therefore, for the last parts, we have to work day and nite with the producers and directors to create a better drama for all.

News from insiders: Those who invested have never expect the drama to make such a big hit. They have make 2 diff films. Til ard ep42, all the investors and sponsors wanted their own sponsored actors to have additional screen time. It was told that the internet star Lan er was not part of the story was insisted on adding in screen time. So the producers and the editors all have to cut and paste the parts for all these. That's why after the JIU YOU Tai, all the scenes are a bit haphazard. The rest of the others are ok and they are having hard time too. ZLY was also taking full stress as she insisted on not cutting anything off from the QIng Shan Yuan parts. In actual facts, the sponsors for Qing Shan Yuan also wanted to add screens times for their own sponsored actors/actresses becos of the drama heat. In the end, they only wasted the efforts of the actors.

So, hopefully we have a good screen time of the main lead these 2 nights and of cos a good finale. 

PS: The part where Cun er assassinating YX was actually just a side story from the original novel. 

Thanks for this. It explains everything! 

Do you have the name for the A-writer? The first third of the drama is what got me hooked and kept me suffering through the last two thirds of PA. 

Also is Qing Shan Yuan a company? I want to avoid their products and the productions they sponsor. Or is this referring to the actors during XE's maid period at Green Hill Court?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

thanks for this info. I don't agree that adding parts for secondary characters helps the story when there are so many unanswered questions for the main characters. I think writer/director/producer know this. 

Now as for the actress that plays Lan'er, I already suspected she has a very strong backing pushing her on this drama. Reason is every time she appears on  an episode she trends #1 on weibo for hours. Her role is so small and not really the main focus of the episode, she is also not well known so this trend makes no sense. 

The entertainment industry is quite nasty behind the scenes so I believe all the information about sponsors wanting more screen time for their stars, which messed the story up. But honestly in the end, it is Ciwen's fault. They are a big mess. I hope ZLY and LGX never take another drama from them. Hunan another piece of trash with what they are doing to PA's timeslot. They changed it and they didn't advertise it because they want to trick viewers into watching their other drama. Disgusting. People are not stupid, if I want to see Game of Thrones but Girls is airing at the time that they advertised GoT, I will just change the channel. 

Completely in agreement. That was a lot of wasted screen time that did not advance the plot. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, milkokoa said:

how I wish this drama will have another 10 eps, we can see YWY and XE marriage life and probably a side plot of who is becoming the next emperor. but it's always like this drama producer and writer always cut of the best part, taking the fun for audience and just show the tragic part meh

Sadly if we had another 10 episodes they would be squandered on secondary storylines and peripheral characters. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, monchoo said:

For those who have been wondering or complaining these days why are the main lead not having enough screen time. Pls be noted that PA scripts was written into 3-parts by 3 different scripts writer. Writer A: From beginning til end of Qing Shan yuan. Writer B: YX's part til the war. Writer C: remaining of the rest of the story.

31/7/2017: Due to the complaints of many viewers and fans, the script writer have stepped forward with the statement as below:

Yang Tao (writer C -finale) : Due to the suggestions of the directors, we need to put in additional parts for the secondary actors. Each scene and renting places for filming are limited, therefore each grp have to be in progressed. Because if all the filming scenes were weighing on the main leads, they will be busy to death.And all the secondary actors will have nothing to do, thus the script will not be interesting enough. Therefore, for the last parts, we have to work day and nite with the producers and directors to create a better drama for all.

News from insiders: Those who invested have never expect the drama to make such a big hit. They have make 2 diff films. Til ard ep42, all the investors and sponsors wanted their own sponsored actors to have additional screen time. It was told that the internet star Lan er was not part of the story was insisted on adding in screen time. So the producers and the editors all have to cut and paste the parts for all these. That's why after the JIU YOU Tai, all the scenes are a bit haphazard. The rest of the others are ok and they are having hard time too. ZLY was also taking full stress as she insisted on not cutting anything off from the QIng Shan Yuan parts. In actual facts, the sponsors for Qing Shan Yuan also wanted to add screens times for their own sponsored actors/actresses becos of the drama heat. In the end, they only wasted the efforts of the actors.

So, hopefully we have a good screen time of the main lead these 2 nights and of cos a good finale. 

PS: The part where Cun er assassinating YX was actually just a side story from the original novel. 

That is the most sorriest and dang it lamest excuse my richard simmons has ever heard.  Are these writers especially the mid and final writers fresh...just out of school...uni...etc?  

Yes, the first part about 20 episodes were mostly YWY and XE centric...have the writers ever heard of pacing? and build up?  We have 58 episodes (for the uncut version) or 67 episodes edited Hunan TV version...and this was the explanation the writers came up with?  Gah!!!! Why am I not surprised?  They are even such whipped arseholes at trying to provide a simplistic justification.  I would totally slash such reports...and advise some1 better look for a new career asap.  

Its basic 101, you would write scenes for those backers (this is call pandering folks...) especially if they have their own starlets whom they wanted to push.  But you don't include these kind of narration when things are near to be wrapped up.  Such plots needed to be interwoven especially after tense scenes...viewers need to be winding down...before another critical point in the story...before hitting the climax finale .

The "side" plots as per their names..."side" most of the time are fillers...so need to be spaced out...while in some cases even those supporting act can be the catalyst for the next phase in the narration.  But it shouldn't be made deus ex machina to contrive the plot...like what happen during the (shoulder woulder coulder) so called turning point for YX...the episodes...went on and on but the story stalled.  

What uneven tonal in PA....I felt like being in a playground with these writers...playing tag...you're it, where they then pull a character out of the hat...the story ran and did not serve any purpose at all even for a filler.:angry:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, RealityDream said:

You have a good point!. Its possible! For sure, it'll be a happy ending since that's what LGX told us in a magazine interview. He said in the end, XE and YWY were together, but how much of "being together" is still a mystery. 

Hmm :unsure:

• Together in the afterlife? Very plausible since the producers have all but killed off CQ
  • Together in real life? I wish!
  • Together at the end of the drama? we'll find out in less than 24 hours.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

after further analysis

1. Outfit intact

006oP5Wfgy1fi3imenbt4g30hs0a0kjn.gif

2. Her clothes are broken and this should be after he pushes her away, so she will still be in the water

be2cdebaly1fi3jgvf9imj20dc07i3zm.jpg

She is the only one that can save him.

Good analyzing. Yes! If she recovers her powers underwater, she can save him.

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

as I mentioned earlier, I visited JoF and the "happy ending" was only the last 9 minutes. It could be the same, but who knows. 

9 minutes is better than nothing. I was happy for JOF to just have that short happy ending. After all the crap that happened, it was late for Bai Zi Hua to confess his love, but him giving up everything for her was all that matter in the end. So hopefully we get something like that for this drama, too. She did confess a little too late, but it's better said than never saying a single word to him at all and leaving him wondering if she ever loved or cared.

It's soo sad. I feel soo bad for YWY. For soo much suffering and everything, he comes to an end of being ambush and killed and falling into an icy lake. :bawling: WHY? WHY? WHY? :bawling::bawling::bawling: Just give him something, just a little love. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, desertpanda said:

Hmm :unsure:

• Together in the afterlife? Very plausible since the producers have all but killed off CQ
  • Together in real life? I wish!
  • Together at the end of the drama? we'll find out in less than 24 hours.

I hope its together at the end of the drama. LGX did say XE won't be pregnant in this series. After seeing more previews, I wonder how they'll wrap it all up. The more scenes of other secondary characters, the less screen time for LGX and ZLY reuniting at the end. Will we get to see her use her ice kung fu? She has never used it before! What's the point of having it if she will never use it in this series. AHH! I think i'll go crazy until I see the last episode tomorrow. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jannat0718 said:

I have finally CRIED:bawling: for CQ and YWY..The chemistry and emotion that we all wanted to see its finally here:wub:..Just hope it will be a happy ending though!! 

@dashmount20 OHH!! I know what you were referring to. In this preview, CQ said "滑下去 (Huá xiàqù) before it got cut off. Is this the part you're referring to? 

• Like 2