[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

I'm so heartbroken for Chun'Er... Does anyone know what happens to her at the end of the novel? Will ShuYe remain the only innocent one in their generation? At this pace, I'm slowly losing interest in XE/YWY and have started to pay more attention to the secondary characters. 

4 hours ago, xxxlynnxxx said:

Watching ep. 45 without subs, I can't help but think that CE is really annoying. Why didn't she just return home? Then nothing (except a broken heart) would have happened to her.
And to blame her misfortune mostly (or even only?) on CQ instead of the ones who are really responsible for it? Sorry, but I lost all sympathy towards her.

THANK YOU for using your common sense. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sorein said:

Hello! Do you understand Chinese? If so, would you be kind enough to translate? :)

Grandpa was talking about YWY's love for XE in a negative way. YWY confronted Grandpa by saying that how he had willingly lost his legs to save the woman he loves, so why he is judging him? If he can turn back time, will he let the woman die?. There are certain decisions that in the few years makes you regret you were doing it, but there are certain decisions that you going to regret it now if you don't do it.

PS: translations provided by some members few pages back

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cenching said:
  Hide contents

I think Crippled Grandpa is hiding a cold hard truth about YWY's mother.  YWY confronted him after he keeps on go on and on and on about how he adopted him, that he has duty toward Yuwen Family and how his father is a kind of hero bcoz he protected the country(?) etc etc....YWY said he can protected the country but where was he when my mother got into trouble, what is the use of protecting a country if you can't even protect your loved ones. He is a husband, as a husband he has a duty to protect his wife but he did not....

Well, I think his attitude (that people think is weak) makes total sense. Why would someone so rational and ambitious chose a woman over the country.

We've got the answer. :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chii90 said:

Anyone here updating weibo can give more info about PA rumoured to be 80 episodes? It could be good or bad news depending on how the story unfold. Good if its mean we will get proper unrushed ending, bad if they keep dragging unnecessary plot and still rush the end. I hope the former if it is really happen. 

That's what i heard of too but no confirmation so far...all I am afraid of is the tv channel dragging out the already uncut version (58 or 68 ep) and give us like 30 mins per ep with 15 mins of preview and cutting it less with bunch of commercials... Truly I will not be surprise if they do it since the rating is going so high for this drama... :( but poor us...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sorein said:

Well, I think his attitude (that people think is weak) makes total sense. Why would someone so rational and ambitious chose a woman over the country.

We've got the answer. :)

Yup, his father still alive until now but chooses to abandon him and not even acknowledge him officially.

Add. My translation is only summary....hehe

• Like 2

Today's eps, Zhao Li Ying did a really good job portraying CQ.   Everyone's blaming CQ now both the characters in the drama and the audience. -.-  Ok, everyone that hates her and said she deserved all the blames can grab some drinks and laugh out of joy now. Jking. :D  You can see clearly in her eyes and her facial expressions- how apologetic she is, how things turned out no the way she wanted it to, how so many people suffered, etc.   (She probably didn't see things would turn out to be like this.)  I so love, love the scene when she came to save those Yanbei soldiers.  I got goosebumps watching that scene.  When the door opened and the hopeless faces of those soldiers suddenly changed to happy and smiles, I felt so happy.  She showed female power in this scene. <3 

For CE, she had this misfortune all because of LOVE.  If she didn't go after YX, she wouldn't have this misfortune.  You can't blame her too; misfortune comes without alarming you.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, cenching said:

Grandpa was talking about YWY's love for XE in a negative way. YWY confronted Grandpa by saying that how he had willingly lost his legs to save the woman he loves, so why he is judging him? If he can turn back time, will he let the woman die?. There are certain decisions that in the few years makes you regret you were doing it, but there are certain decisions that you going to regret it now if you don't do it.

Thank you!!! :)

20 minutes ago, cenching said:

Go YWY! Standing up for his woman! While his concern for his grandson has merits, he should also understand of all people what YWY is going through. It's YWY's risk to take. Grandpa needs to back off and just pray that his grandson doesn't lose a limb , like he did , in his pursuit of happiness.

PS: YWY looks very princely in his outfit:wub:

• Like 1

Apportioning blame is a very normal part of the grieving process. Human beings rarely make decisions on logic alone and so when they try to make sense of the unfathomable in their lives, blame is one way they try to make sense of what on first appearance seems senseless.

Why did CE blame CQ for what's happened? Why not? If we look at everything that's happened from HER perspective, it would appear that YX went on this trajectory because of CQ. And well... she's not entirely wrong. :wink: It's undeniable that CQ had a big influence on YX's thinking post-family execution. In her mind YX ge ge would not have set on this path without some timely help.

Moreover no one should be expecting CE to be thinking rationally right now. She's a woman who has been sexually violated repeatedly by multiple men... I doubt that she'll be all that forgiving of anyone especially her biggest rival in YX ge ge's affections. Why was she even in that place? Because she thought of herself as YX's wife and that she had to be where he is. Irrational? When has she ever been rational about YX? But that's the very same impulse that drives her to protect him on more than one occasion in the narrative.

Forgetting about the novel for one moment, it's clear to me in the drama that neither YX or CQ intended for YS or CE to be hurt in such a way. But that's not really the point, is it? The point is that decisions and actions have far reaching consequences beyond what individuals are capable of realising at the time the decisions are made. Some individuals obviously are better able to see beyond the short term gains but no one (I don't believe) can predict every single thing that will happen.

Personally I think the show is quite brilliant in how it plays out this entire angle of choices and consequences. It's so wonderfully ruthless and relentless... never letting anyone off the hook. No matter how powerless they are... they still choose... in how they respond to the situation and what they do afterwards. Sure, Paranoid Emperor  got the ball rolling but what people do afterwards with their experience is absolutely 100% on them. Contrary to popular opinion YX didn't have to take revenge or even go back to Yanbei. I understand why he did it but it wasn't the only course of action open to him. He could have chosen to stay, married a nice girl and behaved like the good little boy for the rest of his life in Chang'an in submission to the emperor's authority. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to do it and no one would have blamed him for it. Not even his parents.

Not everyone who has suffered in the hands of others choose to take revenge. When I think about Victor Frankl's experiences and the experiences of other holocaust survivors, you'd think they have every right to be bitter and vengeful. But most choose to get on with life. Revenge, therefore, isn't necessarily a logical outcome of injustice. It is a choice.

The burning of the bridge and CQ heading off to save the Xiuli battalion is beautifully symbolic. The moment she turned around and headed back, her trajectory departed from YX. In so doing she made that first conscious step to take a different path to the one he's on. In the end she chose her conscience over YX and the more she does that the further apart their respective trajectories will take. 

From what I've seen so far, it seems inevitable that YX and CQ will part ways. Not because he doesn't love her anymore or that he's so vengeful but because they have completely different ideas of what the world should look like and what the future holds. She talks big game about war but really she doesn't have the stomach for it. She has always been about protecting people first and foremost. That's who she is and that's why I imagine her path will lead her back to YWY... because that is who he is as well. 

I'm only sad that it will take a whole lot of tragedy for her to come to that conclusion.

• Like 16

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

I would like to give a shout out to HeXiao...He willingly to sacrifices himself and his troops to pay back their mistakes. I can see how hurt he was when he realized YX did not keeps his promises. But he pulled himself together and reassured his brothers with tears in his eyes (I got more tears) to keep on fighting and except their faith bcoz their mistakes did cause the death of YX's family, to pay back their debts so from now on they didn't owe YX anymore.

Add. @40somethingahjumma, How I wish that those previous 40 plus episodes were as beautifully executed as Wednesday episodes......

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mimimi26 said:

PA is the one next to the 3.034 %.  3rd show this year to break 3 percent.  I think. Please correct me if i am wrong. In the name of the people is first place break 4 or 5%. Then that series with deng lun and sun yi that also broke 3 %. and then General and I over 2%. My memory is not what it use to be.  So Write now in 2017 PA is either 2 or 3 in rating ranking.? 

I can't speak about the real time for the other ones since I didn't follow them closely, but I have a general idea of their CSM52 ratings and yes only In the name of the people and Because of You have broken 3% this year. I think PA's timeslot really affects its ratings since it has a much later time-slot (the midnight one) but it is still doing really good. 

In average ratings for the whole year, PA is now sitting in 4 behind three other dramas (In the Name of the People, Because of You, and Ode to Joy) and online views are estimated to reach 40 billion while it is airing which would surpass Ten Miles's huge record this year. Crazy how online views just keep increasing each year, not so long ago reaching 20 billion was a huge deal. Some dramas coming later this year will probably go past this number.

2 hours ago, Chii90 said:

Anyone here updating weibo can give more info about PA rumoured to be 80 episodes? It could be good or bad news depending on how the story unfold. Good if its mean we will get proper unrushed ending, bad if they keep dragging unnecessary plot and still rush the end. I hope the former if it is really happen. 

I have been seeing this and some rumors that Hunan is going to use PA's last episodes to promote their next drama. There is this drama coming after PA with relative not well known actors and the rumor is that Hunan will air it from 10-11 cutting from PA's airing time and giving PA the 11-midnight time slot. Fans were very upset about this rumor since it would really hurt PA's ratings.

It would not be the first time Hunan uses a high rating drama to promote their next one, they did it with In the Name of the People. The only difference is that the time-slot was earlier so it didn't hurt the drama so much. As always Hunan sucks so I wouldn't put it past them. 

But so far everything is rumors, the official schedule has PA airing 2 episodes on July 31st and then the only 2 episodes left should be the next day. 

40 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Apportioning blame is a very normal part of the grieving process. Human beings rarely make decisions on logic alone and so when they try to make sense of the unfathomable in their lives, blame is one way they try to make sense of what on first appearance seems senseless.

Why did CE blame CQ for what's happened? Why not? If we look at everything that's happened from HER perspective, it would appear that YX went on this trajectory because of CQ. And well... she's not entirely wrong. :wink: It's undeniable that CQ had a big influence on YX's thinking post-family execution. In her mind YX ge ge would not have set on this path without some timely help.

Moreover no one should be expecting CE to be thinking rationally right now. She's a woman who has been sexually violated repeatedly by multiple men... I doubt that she'll be all that forgiving of anyone especially her biggest rival in YX ge ge's affections. Why was she even in that place? Because she thought of herself as YX's wife and that she had to be where he is. Irrational? When has she ever been rational about YX? But that's the very same impulse that drives her to protect him on more than one occasion in the narrative.

Forgetting about the novel for one moment, it's clear to me in the drama that neither YX or CQ intended for YS or CE to be hurt in such a way. But that's not really the point, is it? The point is that decisions and actions have far reaching consequences beyond what individuals are capable of realising at the time the decisions are made. Some individuals obviously are better able to see beyond the short term gains but no one (I don't believe) can predict every single thing that will happen.

Personally I think the show is quite brilliant in how it plays out this entire angle of choices and consequences. It's so wonderfully ruthless and relentless... never letting anyone off the hook. No matter how powerless they are... they still choose... in how they respond to the situation and what they do afterwards. Sure, Paranoid Emperor  got the ball rolling but what people do afterwards with their experience is absolutely 100% on them. Contrary to popular opinion YX didn't have to take revenge or even go back to Yanbei. I understand why he did it but it wasn't the only course of action open to him. He could have chosen to stay, married a nice girl and behaved like the good little boy for the rest of his life in Chang'an in submission to the emperor's authority. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to do it and no one would have blamed him for it. Not even his parents.

Not everyone who has suffered in the hands of others choose to take revenge. When I think about Victor Frankl's experiences and the experiences of other holocaust survivors, you'd think they have every right to be bitter and vengeful. But most choose to get on with life. Revenge, therefore, isn't necessarily a logical outcome of injustice. It is a choice.

The burning of the bridge and CQ heading off to save the Xiuli battalion is beautifully symbolic. The moment she turned around and headed back, her trajectory departed from YX. In so doing she made that first conscious step to take a different path to the one he's on. In the end she chose her conscience over YX and the more she does that the further apart their respective trajectories will take. 

From what I've seen so far, it seems inevitable that YX and CQ will part ways. Not because he doesn't love her anymore or that he's so vengeful but because they have completely different ideas of what the world should look like and what the future holds. She talks big game about war but really she doesn't have the stomach for it. She has always been about protecting people first and foremost. That's who she is and that's why I imagine her path will lead her back to YWY... because that is who he is as well. 

I'm only sad that it will take a whole lot of tragedy for her to come to that conclusion.

I agree so much with you. I feel like you eloquently express my opinion. 

• Like 3

PA taking over weibo hot searches lol 

#1 Concubine Lan's son dying 

#2 Chuner turning evil is still trending on weibo (I think it trended all night it was #1 hours ago) I give LQ full points for making me relate to a character that I don't really like 

#11 Niu Junfeng (who plays YS ) 

#15 Yuwen Yue

#17 Yuwen Huai (he can finally go back home)

and like 5 more in the high 30s-40's 

• Like 5

I don't think YX could have chosen to stay in Chang'an without having to fight to survive on a daily basis.
Of course, he could have chosen to accept YY's help, but that wouldn't have been as satisfying to him as the beginning of his long-awaited revenge. I understand where he is coming from, even if I don't support his actions.

On a side note, I truly believe YX loves CQ and wishes her no harm, but his love is kind of selfish, isn't it? Why? I suspect he knows CQ's true feelings towards YY better than anyone else. That's why he never told her the truth. Even though he knew that YY was trying to protect them the whole time, he always warned CQ about how dangerous YY is and that she musn't trust anything he says. I think what CQ actually needed to hear the most in those moments was that YY isn't the horrible man she thought he was. YX is constantly afraid of losing CQ, especially to YY. (If that doesn't show how much CQ really cares about YY then what? :tongue:)
He also knows that CQ would never approve of his current actions and thinking, that's why he did all those things behind her back and kept a lot of secrets from her. Secrets and lies are never a solid foundation for a relationship.
I'm really looking forward to the episode where CQ will see YX for what he really is and stands for, because then she can truly choose if she wants to support him or not. (Maybe then we will finally hear the words "There is only one thing that outmatches love and freedom and it's worth doing anything to protect: That's my belief!" from the trailer.) 

When you compare YY's love with YX's, it's obvious whose is really selfless. On this note, here's one of my favorite quotes about love:

That's what true love is.  Always wanting what's best for someone, even if that doesn't include you.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

PA taking over weibo hot searches lol 

#1 Concubine Lan's son dying 

#2 Chuner turning evil is still trending on weibo (I think it trended all night it was #1 hours ago) I give LQ full points for making me relate to a character that I don't really like 

#11 Niu Junfeng (who plays YS ) 

#15 Yuwen Yue

#17 Yuwen Huai (he can finally go back home)

and like 5 more in the high 30s-40's 

Yuwen Huai lol I think his english name is Ian. He is just tooo funny! Posting funny pictures/wordings under everyone's else weibo. I may be the only one here but I don't really hate him in this drama, I just think he is funny...maybe because of his deep impression from another drama lol

Wow, isn't YWY's conversation with Grandpa great on so many levels? To finally have that extra bit of insight into his headspace and for him to finally tell Grandpa to go take a hike because "I'm going to do what I'm going to do" is just brilliant.

It's certainly a long time in coming. All that resentment brewing away at his father for leaving him to be raised by his grandfather, not protecting his son when his son was always in constant danger growing up. Or the wife who died so tragically.

"What kind of troubles would a man have that would be more important that his wife and child? He is a pillar of the country, peerless, an incomparable god of war in the state of Wei. What should he be fearful about? In his heart, there's only his ambition, his tactics, his close and trusted subordinates but does he remember that he's a father, the husband of a woman?"

"He can't even protect those closest to him what's the point of talking about protecting the country? This kind of hero, I will never become."

"Grandfather, I am utterly grateful to you for your kindness in raising me. Regarding some matters, I have my own way of thinking. In  20 years, I have never received my father's love. In days to come, I don't want it either. Since YWH is dead, QSY has quieten down. All the servants of QSY are those that I've re-chosen and are more trustworthy. In future, you no longer need to remain in the secret room (bat cave). You can move around freely. All I can do, I've done. Everything else, I hope that Grandfather won't interfere in my life."

Well, well, well... the dutiful grandson is very politely telling his grandfather to get lost and stay out of his life. 

What YWY says here reminds me of what Chu Beijie said in The General and I, "If a man cannot protect his wife, how can he protect the country?" It's the same logic in operation here. I guess YWY really does see XE as his woman no matter where her choices have taken her. People keep telling him that she's probably slept with YX but it sure hasn't stopped him from watching over her and protecting her. Wow... a love like that... especially in an age like that... it must be one in a million. A one-woman man. If only she knew.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, tsukimori said:

anyone see the episode preview??? 

why is CQ buying that scholar guy???

he intervened earlier to try to "save" her but instead got caught .... well he tried! now she has to save him instead 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wow, isn't YWY's conversation with Grandpa great on so many levels? To finally have that extra bit of insight into his headspace and for him to finally tell Grandpa to go take a hike because "I'm going to do what I'm going to do" is just brilliant.

It's certainly a long time in coming. All that resentment brewing away at his father for leaving him to be raised by his grandfather, not protecting his son when his son was always in constant danger growing up. 

"What kind of troubles would a man have that would be more important that his wife and child? He is a pillar of the country, peerless, an incomparable god of war in the state of Wei. What should he be fearful about? In his heart, there's only his ambition, his tactics, his close and trusted subordinates but does he remember that he's a father, the husband of a woman?"

"He can't even protect those closest to him what's the point of talking about protecting the country? This kind of hero, I will never become."

"Grandfather, I am utterly grateful to you for your kindness in raising me. Regarding some matters, I have my own way of thinking. In  20 years, I have never received my father's love. In days to come, I don't want it either. Since YWH is dead, QSY has quieten down. All the servants of QSY are those that I've re-chosen and are more trustworthy. In future, you no longer need to remain in the secret room (bat cave). You can move around freely. All I can do, I've done. Everything else, I hope that Grandfather won't interfere in my life."

Well, well, well... the duty grandson is very politely telling his grandfather to get lost and stay out of his life. 

What YWY says here reminds me of what Chu Beijie said in The General and I, "If a man cannot protect his wife, how can he protect the country?" It's the same logic in operation here. I guess YWY really does see XE as his woman no matter where her choices have taken her. People keep telling him that she's probably slept with YX but it sure hasn't stopped him from watching over her and protecting her. Wow... a love like that... especially in an age like that... it must be one in a million. A one-woman man. If only she knew.

Love the way you explain YWY conversation and grandfather. 

Love the way YWY response..  Husband must protect the family..  It means that he already decide that he will choose his own path by protect his wiife (means CQ)...  Yeaa...  

I just realize how stupid is CE...  Maybe she blind by love...  It is obvious that YX dun love her..  And most her father kill YX family brutally...  How can she still think that YX able to love her?... 

Haizzz..  So sad for her...  She should smart and accept the fate...  Maybe her love fate will be in the future (upcoming movie "tears in heaven" played by shawn dou and li qin)  wakaka... 

I dun understand why CE blame CQ?  The one who make her like that state is herself..  She left only to chase YX even she din know martial art..  She will die while chasing YX..  She din think that?  Haizzz... 

I want to see lovey dovey scene between CQ and YWY..  Btw,  I realize when she fight with YWH, she use Can Hong swords.. Yea...  I think he already forgive YWY about his brother death..  If not..  She will not carry Can Hong sword, also she need Can Hong sword to company her sleep cos it remind her of YWY...  Yeaa...  

:D

3 minutes ago, sdmango said:

he intervened earlier to try to "save" her but instead got caught .... well he tried! now she has to save him instead 

Cos he like to talk... Maybe he can become a priest to the soldiers...  Hahaha... 

• Like 2

Yeah love YWY so much ... he is a guardian angel not only to chu qiao but also to Chang An .. im not surprised man like him will be choosing his wife first than the country ... he already said his father is a hero to his country but cant protect a woman ... this kind of hero ... yu wen yue dont want it ... he said he has grown up has his own thinking ... i bet he really has a sad childhood also but he never talk about it ... he turns into a quiet person but truly wise ... but when facing woman he loves definitely he will protect her ... chu qiao is so lucky has him ... he also never expect her have to be with him .. maybe seeing her doing good already a kind happiness for him .. thats a real hero isnt it ... :heart: 

• Like 5