[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, farhah_1986 said:

I think there is more than been shown about Liang Prince...I'm glad his character finally appear now

YWY his feeling is transparent now ... even Prince Xiang notice it..just the woman still unaware of his feeling or pretend to not notice.

Finally the Emperor want to CE with YX so that Yanbei still under control.

@farhah_1986 actually it is as YX predicted - this is a facade by emperor to killl him by mysterious assassis to deflect his true intentions.....yx managed to escape

On 7/4/2017 at 1:08 PM, canstand said:

Reading all your posts and finding that you all thumb up for YWY reuniting with CQ, and no one really sees from YX's point of view. That's was the reason I left the thread earlier in about 80 pages. I returned because I can't stand to watch that no one is actually rooting for YX.

I want to share my thoughts with you guys, but I find it is really hard when you all rooting for YWY and can't or won't understand YX.

From my point of view, I believe YX intentionally cut YWY off when he was trying to explain everything to him. Not only it is too late, but also because YX is determined to rebel the emperor, to escape Chang'an and to shed blood to get his revenge. Whereas YWY will always loyal to his emperor for his family, YWY better draws a line between them so he won't get hurt. Eventually, they will be enemies because no matter what YWY's doing right now, he is loyal to the Wei emperor. YX meant to revolt and to get revenge for his family, so he is drawing the line between them. YWY will stand by his emperor's side for the house of YW, and YX will overthrow this empire. It's better this way. In this way, it is easier for both of them to endure. What I felt hurting is YWY seems only cares about CQ. He said to CQ that he did all those for CQ...I'm not happy; actually, I'm sad. What about YX? Is he just some kind of joint responsibility for protecting CQ? If he did what he did only for CQ, then I blame the editor who wrote this, I don't like when a character is like love is above all. It makes me feel that a character is lacking layers. 

I do agree that YWY does see through YX and CQ's plan to get rid of both ZXF and WSY, but I don't agree what many of you said that YX is childish. He's not childish, and he knows that a lot of people will see through this scheme, but that is why it's genius. Even if they know this is a scheme, they can't do anything about it. Because their emperor is a paranoid wreck, and he will do anything to keep his balance. When plotting this, YX and CQ knows how the emperor will react, and they also know that there will be a backlash from the Wei house. It's not that blank, like when they act like that it's just like that. 

I only ask all of you who are bashing YX, please try to see through the surface and try to stand in YX's shoes or see from his point of view. You can say that I'm having the second male lead syndrome, but it's not just that. I'm kind of frustrated when I'm the only one see from YX's point of view and see that CQ has grown up when she's with YX. If CQ's still with YWY, I doubt she will grow up that fast. CQ is herself right now.

@canstand For viewers to openly voice/express their want for YWY and XE to be a couple, does not mean we are bashing YX.  This forum is for us to voice our opinions, but I don't think I've seen anything written badly/bashing about YX. Dramas are written that way, to draw you into the the main characters, the coupling of certain main characters, and of course the always Love Triangle. If the all the post  about wanting YWY & XE to be together, and not with YX is what bothers you, i must say that is not bashing.  No one hates YX, I actually like him, his personality (before the massacre) balances YWY cold and uptight personality. I believe everyone grieved with him during the massacre of his family, and I also think that YX should take revenge for his family's wrongful death. I think it's safe to say that everyone likes YX, but just not with XE, doesn't mean we are bashing him.  It's our preference.

I have watched Dramas where I really wanted main female character to end up with the second male lead, :(but atlas that was not how the drama is written. You not wanting to post to the forum, then coming back feeling the need to defend YX character tells me that you are taking this too much to heart. Please know that we love (at least I do) watching PA, and enjoy all the plots, twist, and all the anticipation of waiting for the next episodes.  Please understand that everything posted about this or any Drama should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, monchoo said:

@cenching

Hide contents

YX uses CQ to trick YWY. Then YX pretended to be hurt by YWY to get CQ believe. She only realised she was manipulated after YWY was hurt. If wasn't for her distrust, YWY would never encounter such mishap. She was too gullible up to a point I thk she's a bit dumb :)

Spoiler

I agree she was fairly gullible, but I think most of it was attributed to her not wanting to believe that YX would ever play her like that. Despite all the terrible things YX has done up to that point, and knowing that he doesn't see anyone as an actual person other than her, she still held on to her belief that he would never manipulate her like he did everyone else. 

• Like 7

@tmopb

Spoiler

Yes. The cousin YWY had a crush on when he was young. LOve the part when they get together and their bickering even when they are together. and how their son never like the dad. :lol: They are speculations the drama ends at the part where they meet again at the street where they have their first date. Btw i love all the characters in the book. No one is totally wrong or super bad. Everyone have their own reason as to how to survive in the world.

• Like 4

Hello chingus, a long time member here but mostly I just lurk and only post when I am truly obsessed with a drama. The last Chinese drama that gave me that feeling was HQG and now PA, both starring ZLY :D. Call me a strong supporter of ZLY, I really really like her.

I want to ask if this scene already happened or not? 19553520_638859342978481_2122947592_n.jp

• Like 1

so 5 cents for repeating myself..... but folks keep wondering why CQ-XE has been so rude to YWY regardless of how hiddenly hice he has been. Yes it is hard to stomach but I totally get it..... 

She has had a hard life and been surrounded by tragic events, assasinations, slavery, punisment almost her entire life up until this point.... I mean - she's a kid. Her 'real' age today was summarized by the Liang servant reporting that CQ looked about 17-18 years old. In this modern age - some of us may not know what that feels like to only encounter pain, suffering, exploitation, etc from childhood and no memory whatsoever of ever having a happy or marginally good life. I am lulcky compared to her but my mind remembers every single horrible crap that happens(ed) to me and the subsequent walls and drastic decisions I made in reaction to my own personal history. That type of extended exposure to such suffering molds a person and is responsible for turning that person into who they are as an adult. She is now only just beginning to get some form of an improved life as well as experience camaraderie from YX and his compatriots - maybe antiicipating how long some small comforts are going to last before everything goes to hell again coz that is all she knows. All she knows and what little she remembers is nothing good - it will take a long time of people demonstrating kindness, compassion, etc. b4 she really begins to trust anyone (except for maybe YX and even then when he betrays her, she gets another KO in the gut).

She has not had the lucky princess life of wishing to be with boys-guys coz the olnly ones around her treat her like a servant or curiosity for the day. She is only just now discovering her sexuality aka belated puberty. She has no idea if not totally confused about YWY. Oher than the beginning, YX has been the only one who has been obviously courting her. Now the prince (king's son can't remember his name) is courting her. Tomorrow or soon he will describe how it feels like to fall in love and one can watch her facial expression change as she has had no one to tutor or inform her of such things. From the look on her face, regardless of what she does not say - I suspect what that prince admits will provide her an idea of what she feels for YWY and Yx  - regardless of how nice or not they are to her......

In this respect I have to admire ZLY for her portrayal of the XE character - it is a far cry from her Xue ShanSHan (while enjoyable series) but totally Pollyanna role(s).or even JoF (very bipolar/yin-yang) portrayal of HQG

• Like 8

These two lovebirds, YWY will tug at her and XE will pull away.  (Kinda enjoy seeing them work their way back in this flirtatious way).  Am loving his style in wooing her back.  The man's got class.  He gives in yet he maintains his dignity.

I thought XE looked uncomfortable with YX turning up at her camp and bringing her the gift (powder right?) or she just subconsciously knows YWY would be around and watching them:

Image may contain: 5 people, text

I love how XE snuggles up to YWY in this episode.  He's so full of concern should she die and I reckon this was his point of no return already:

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Spoiler

Am enjoying all your discussions here.  Forum attacks and fighting is just not my cup of tea.

I only enjoy seeing YWY-XE fighting and squabbling like two long estranged lovebirds.  Flirt more YWY-XE as we love them for they spice up our time while waiting for you both to reunite.

Spoiler

credit as tagged

• Like 10

@monchoo Thank you for letting us know what happens in the novel. I am looking forward to see if they'll fake YWY's death in the drama. It's the only way to reveal that XE has feelings for him. 

7 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

BTS - YWY in forest helping XE.  Finally found this fav scene:

credit to uploader

Thank you for the BTW video. I've been looking for it. It's soo nice to watch them BTS together. :wub:

Does anyone know why the english subs isn't up today?

• Like 1

LOL that is a good BTS! LGX swinging LGX like a rag doll lol.  Looks like they have so much fun! I don;t like shipping real life, deniebut I cdeniedthat these two are so flirty towards each other. She sees to be slapping and teasing LGX lots, they keep giving each other weird looks on the BTS.  maybe it's just me or maybe its for promotional purposes lol.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mimimi26 said:

LOL that is a good BTS! LGX swinging LGX like a rag doll lol.  Looks like they have so much fun! I don;t like shipping real life, deniebut I cdeniedthat these two are so flirty towards each other. She sees to be slapping and teasing LGX lots, they keep giving each other weird looks on the BTS.  maybe it's just me or maybe its for promotional purposes lol.  

Spoiler

Did u notice only with him, she's tis lively and mischievous??? Or are my eyes playing tricks ~~:blink:

• Like 4

@monchoo I am slowly noticing lol, he even told her to eat less rice in one of the BTS because he had to carry her lol. and sometimes even bicker in the BTS about what to do in the scene lol. HEhe maybe we are invested in CQ and YWY it's transferring the actors lol. That's nice that they have good chemistry on screen and have fun together off screen. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, monchoo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did u notice only with him, she's tis lively and mischievous??? Or are my eyes playing tricks ~~:blink:

I

Spoiler

I do get the same impression. Her XE and her ZLY have the same responds to YWY/LGX and YX/SD

• Like 1

N I just finished watching Ep 37 

Chu Qiao gets promoted to Archery Instructor in the Imperial army, the same division as Yuwen Yue and the 7th Prince Yuan Che. Yuan Che declines to meet the new archery instructor until his guard tells him it's the instructor decreed by the emperor.

Can Hong Sword is so famous, even the prince recognises it. Can Hong actually refers to dying flowers or the red colour of the sunset!

Chu Qiao gets sent to see the troop she is supposed to instruct in time to save their second in command officer from getting executed for voicing his desire to go home.  Yuwen Yue is summoned by the prince to ask since when has he been in charge of directing where personnel should go. He leaves as soon as the prince asks if he really likes Chu Qiao. The prince tells his subordinate that throughout history, females in the army never had good outcomes. Getting bullied or raped is a normal occurrence. The imperial army is full of aristocrats, so the only division willing to follow her is the one from Yan Bei.Yuwen Yue arranged for her to join this division, doesn't that show he is concerned about her? The prince says he is afraid that inthe end this concern will be wasted.

The prince general  Yuan Che recognises that Yuwen Yue has feelings for Chu Qiao and advises him against her because looks like she has no feelings for him.

That year  at the Jiu You tower  she stood besides Yan Xun and  protected him when his family was prosecuted . Spending 3 years  in jail with Yan Xun sharing life and death with him, this kind of love, how can you compare?

The prince tells Yuwen Yue that even if the Summer flower is beautiful, what use is it if it is does not belong to him? Yuwen Yue replies that it is good enough he can look at it. The prince asks Yuwen Yue is he is willing to watch her in someone else's house being radiant?What kind of position does Yuwen Yue have that he is willing to fall for a woman like that? Yuwen Yue replies that it does not feel like he is falling (from his position)

Yuwen Yue interrupts Chu Qiao's training session with her troops by shooting the arrows already in the bulls eye and pretends to compliment her. He tells her her archery skills are not bad. She replies that his skills are even better (since he taught her). He proudly tells her "Of course I know"

He tells the troops that their bows are old, he will write them an order to get new ones, but wants Chu Qiao to come and get the order. Yuwen Yue uses the writing an order issue to get Chu Qiao to grind his ink for him. He tells her that last time in Qing San Court she said it would be the last time she serves him,but like Mountains and waters meet, it's only been a few days and they have already met again. She stops grinding the ink,saying her arm is tired.

He asks if this is the kind of attitude subordinates should have towards their superiors? She tells him that superiors should only say what they are supposed to say. Superiors are not like him, causing trouble for no reason,telling subordinates to grind their ink.

Yuwen Yue tells her it is obvious she had never lived in an army camp before. If superiors cause trouble for no reason,there are many ways, not just a small matter like grinding ink. He advises her that her direct superior is the son of the second in command of an another army division,so she should not pick fights with him. A woman like her, living in the army camp there are many issues, if there is an opportunity he will send her somewhere else. Yuewen Yue advises Chu Qiao to be more modest,don't always think of ways to help Yan Xun. She should already know this is his army camp, whatever she does, does not get past his eyes. (Looks like he already knows about her plan to use Xiu Lei Jun to rebel, since they are seen as traitors for not dying in battle in the first place.)

Chu Qiao asks why he wants to help her? Getting sent to Xiu Lei Jun was no coincidence. He praises her for being intelligent, which makes her reply if she had been stupid would  she have lived until today? He tells her that if she is intelligent then she should try to get out of the army. He helped her with Wei Guang but will not help her again. Her master has ambitions too great,he is afraid she will burn herself. Chu Qiao asks if they should sit around waiting for death. Yuwen Yue tells her that there are many ways to archieve goals.

She replies that right and wrong, gratitude and vengeance are already laid out,if they continue forward there may be a chance to live ,but if they stay still they can wait for death or their flesh and bones will be ground and they can never turn back.  He tells her that if she goes forward (with her plans to rebel) he would not allow her plan to succeed. She asks if she does not try how would she know? He advises her not to be so stubborn,she replies that she is not being stubborn but determined.

• Like 18