[OFFICIAL] JongJoo|Honey Couple (Lee Jong Suk ❤ Han Hyo Joo)

Admin

I swear I was surprised to see HJ in the event and was quite happy to her out in the world :) 

Plus her dark hair makes her really so pretty that her pale skin practically glows. I cannot help but admire how beautiful she is especially the photo where she tucks in her hair. 

• Like 9

If I remember/understand right, JS made a second attempt with the portrait thing. They were in the manwha version of her dad's house (ep 15?) and playing around with the tablet during a break, and he tried drawing her again. They don't show the picture in the bts, but apparently it turned out so spectacularly that they were hysterically breathless with laughter (like, he kept falling on the floor laughing every time they had to say the word "tablet"), and the director had to send them off to calm down. So...maybe Sukkie should stick to acting, and leave the drawing to someone else, lol.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

If I remember/understand right, JS made a second attempt with the portrait thing. They were in the manwha version of her dad's house (ep 15?) and playing around with the tablet during a break, and he tried drawing her again. They don't show the picture in the bts, but apparently it turned out so spectacularly that they were hysterically breathless with laughter (like, he kept falling on the floor laughing every time they had to say the word "tablet"), and the director had to send them off to calm down. So...maybe Sukkie should stick to acting, and leave the drawing to someone else, lol.

yup you are right chingu @frozentundra they just can't continue with the filming and have to take a 15mins break first... think his drawing is again can't make it and that just trigger HJ's laughter LOL!

Today pics..someone is out with her BFF:

• Like 11

Apparently W is one of the dramas to compete as best mini - series at the Seoul International Drama Awards, this ceremony is one of the biggest and most prestigious, covering projects from many countries, so it's good news that W is there, I hope JS & HJ achieve nomination for best actor/actress too.

Will be a tough competition, because there are really good dramas nominated but no matter what happens, we will always be proud of that great drama.

Congrats to W!! 

• Like 16

Japan Interview Part 1 [Do NOT share on other websites or social media

1. Whats the reason behind your decision to star in this project?

In the first place, its been nearly two years since the first time I received the script. The filming started in 2016 but I received and read the script in 2015. It has been ages, however, Ive still got vivid memories. I finished off reading the impressive script with vast interest. Thus, I absolutely wanted to star in this project. It is a script that would make people look forward to the next episode eagerly and wistfully so I made my decision to star in this project without any hesitation.

2. Regarding your role Oh Yeon-Joo

The role (OYJ) I played is a surgery resident in the real world. Her father is a webtoon author. OYJ is a vivacious and energetic character who has an ingenuous and bright personality.

3. Is there anything of OYJ that is similar to yourself and arouses resonance?

Im also that type of person who does aegyo, cracks jokes and laughs a lot when Im with my intimate friends. But because I am pretty shy with strangers , I cant easily get acquainted with people who I meet for the first time. I made great effort in order to make myself get into the character during the initial phase of the drama. I acted far more vivaciously than I had imagined. As a matter of fact, whilst reading the script, the playwright was telling me that it would be excellent if I could make Yeon-Joo as 3~4 times more outgoing as I had conceived. So Yeon Joos character is significantly more cheerful and extroverted than mine.

[Interviewer: I couldnt tell that you are shy.]

I am super duper nervous now. My hands are sweating as well.

4. Whats most similar between HHJ and OYJ?

Run a lot.

[Interviewer: Run a lot?]

Also, strong sense of curiosity. I like new and novel stuff. I wish to get to know different sorts of things. Although I consider myself an introvert, I am also that type of person who has great sense of curiosity and moves forward. This should make me pretty similar to Yeon Joo.

• Like 21

Japan Interview Part 2 [Do NOT share on other websites or social media

5. What preparation did you do for your role?

Yeon Joos character is a surgery resident who wishes to seek a proper position in the hospital. Yeon Joo loves webtoon so I read a great deal as well. Special preparation? Erm...No training and no special preparation either. I just paid attention to what Yeon Joo might be interested in and hence created an extroverted character.

6. What was difficult in terms of role shaping?

I got loads lines so that was pretty hard. Especially during the first half, I got a great deal of lines and I had to travel between the real world and the webtoon world. The story was so intriguing that I finished reading the script in one go. However, it was definitely not easy when you actually started to act. It was extremely hard to act something that does not exist in reality. Further, you have to make the audience accept the setting that you can travel through two worlds. It wont work if your acting skill cannot persuade the audience. I was indeed heaping great pressure. If I made a mistake, the drama might have failed from the beginning because Yeon Joo is the key character who plays a crucial role in the first half drama plot. So I exerted my best effort.

7. Which part did you pay extra attention to when acting?

As i said previously, because I traveled between the real world and the webtoon world, I had to present natural and uncontrived acting skill so that the audience could follow up the pace of the story.

8. Which outfit do you like the most in this drama?

Surprisingly, we didnt prepare lots of outfits for this drama. There is a reason behind that. When you enter into the webtoon world, you have to be dressed in the very outfit from the real world. Didnt have the chance to get changed in the clothes Kang Chul bought me. I didnt have money, I didnt have anything. According to the script, Yeon Joo had to wear the same outfit for 2~3 episodes. Exactly the same outfit. LOL this is the secret of clothing. Despite the fact that Yeon Joo had few outfits, among all the outfits I had worn, I think the dress used in that imagination scene is really gorgeous. It made all pent-up feelings disappear.

[Interviewer: do you think the white gown(doctors uniform) suits you?]

Yes.

[Interviewer: sure?]

Yeh, it does, pretty much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remeber in the SP aired last September JS was telling her that she looked really pretty and HJ was asking him to speak the lines? lol No wonder HJ loves this pink dress the most too lmao

• Like 18

Japan Interview Part 3 [Do NOT share on other websites or social media

9. Regarding your co-star LJS

He has fair skin and he is very tall. A handsome man. Excellent voice as well. We met for the first time when we did the script reading together and his voice was even more beautiful than I imagined. This virtue of him played a good part in the drama as well. Moreover, he is genuinely a person who casts a visual glamour like someone walking out of manga.

10. Have your impression towards him changed after working together?

JS is a charismatic person. Honestly, he has all sorts of charisma. Although there are times when he looks like a young lad, there are also times when you can feel that he is very mature. It is a fact that his looks gives an impression of a young lad but my idea changed after we worked together. He is prudent and passionate about work. He is a mature grown-up. If there was another opportunity, I would love to work with him again.

11. Was the under-water filming very hard?

It was my first time to film under water. It was much harder than i had imagined. My feet cramped. I was complaining while acting lol But the first experience was interesting. Also, it took us one entire day to film the under-water scene but only a tiny part was aired. Nevertheless, we finished it successfully. Our hard work paid off.

12. What was the hardest thing under water?

After I went under water, I could barely see what was in front of me. Although the lighting equipment was illuminating, I could only perceive it very vaguely. It was really horrific to have an obscure vision.

[Interviewer: I see. Were you not afraid of water before?]

No.

13. Other hard scenes?

We were filming during midsummer. The scene at the rooftop was so hot and toilsome. When Yeon Joo entered into the webtoon world again. That was probably episode 10~11, during the second half. Kang Chul lost his memory and he completely forgot Yeon Joo. Yeon Joo was straving. She was cooking noodles in Soohees apartment when Kang Chul came. I was pathetically eating noodles, which was very hard.

[Interview: How come?]

The apartment was super hot. We were filming for the whole day in that broiling apartment. That had nothing to do with acting skill. My aggrieved feelings popped up. That was not acting. I was literally eating noodles in a pathetic mood. That was seriously a toilsome day.

• Like 17

Japan Interview Part 4 [Do NOT share on other websites or social media

14. In contrast, any happy scenes?

Anyhow, I was genuinely happy when I was filming those lovey-dovey scenes. Kang Chul and Yeon Joo’s happy date scene. The weather was pleasantly cool when we were shooting. I spent that day in a great mood. Im impressed with that.

15 Anything that you want your partner to do?

Caressing my head(hair).

[Interviewer: that makes people drowsy.]

Because I can get comfort (by being caressed). I want to get comfort.

16. Any scenes that captured your fancy?

Personally, the scene that hit my fancy is when Kang Chul came to the real world for the first time. The scene eventually aired was exactly in accordance with what was written on the script. When that scene was aired, I couldnt help but giving applause. The combination of CG and webtoon (was brilliant). The things actors cannot accomplish were achieved by technology staff. The CG was high quality and it was well completed. That scene casts a long and deep impression in my mind.

17. Any impressive lines?

(Imitating Kang Chul)

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

I cant express it precisely. It has to be Chuls tone.

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

Oh Yeon Joo ssi?

Awww, I cant do it.

18. How do you feel about starring in a drama again after such a long while?

W is my TV drama project after a six-year hiatus since Dongyi. I was quite nervous. I was actually alright but I then got super nervous as the airing date approached. But correspondingly, I was greatly looking forward to it as well. My understanding toward TV drama has changed too. I got to enjoy the drama filming better than previously. I seek for joy in my intensive schedule. I greeted my audience with an excellent drama. It was an extremely pleasant time.

19. Future projects?

Im currently filming Golden Slumber. I havent made any other decision (on projects). I dont know about future things but I wont rest for too long. If I could play a role in a brilliant project, I would definitely consider it.

[Interviewer: how about starring in a Japanese project?]

If there was a chance, absolutely. If there was good project, good director, I would fly over wherever it is.

20. Message to Japanese audience

Hello. I am HHJ. I starred in W. This drama is a romance and suspense story where YJ who lives in the real world encounters Kang Chul who lives in the webtoon world. Isnt that fascinating? Please look forward to W. Please watch the drama and support us. Thank you.

• Like 20

Thank you so much for the translation, @primrose210!! As in the other interviews we've seen with her, you can really feel how much she loved being involved in W. (And also her continued esteem for JS.) Thank you so much for translating that very long interview! I didn't realize she got the script in 2015. Even if it hadn't been the interesting project it turned out to be, you could see why it would make such an impact on her, as she has spent a long time with this.

If the ONLY thing you knew about them was just what was in this one interview, you would still know--she just really likes him. It shines through, even here. And aww...her favorite line is just him saying her name? Also--

On 6/10/2017 at 4:30 AM, primrose210 said:

15 Anything that you want your partner to do?

Caressing my head(hair).

[Interviewer: that makes people drowsy.]

Because I can get comfort (by being caressed). I want to get comfort.

Hehe. Yes, well. We know someone who is an expert. I wonder, does she like it because he does it, or does he do it because she likes it? (Or both?)

CrPAGTXUIAE0aQN.jpg

Also, so cool on the W nomination for the international drama awards! There are some big names on there, but also a lot I've never heard of. Whether it wins an award or not, I'm glad to see it recognized in the nomination.

• Like 11

@primrose210 Thank you so so much for your effort in the translation, you have done a great thing for us. I was a little sad because our thread seemed to be quiet the past two days, but now I'm back to happy mood and my heart feels fluttered going through every line of your posts.

Though I have said this many times, I still want to emphasize that JS and HJ are so much alike. Both of them are introverted type, shy & nervous with strangers to the point that their hands get sweating, yet they can make aegyo and get playful around whom they are familiar with...They both are passionate in acting, detail oriented and perfectionist in their job...With their similarities, it would be strange if they weren't drawn into each other and did not become soulmates.

I have not seen any co-star made such detailed, thorough and accurate comments on JS as HJ did, as if she understood him very well, as if she has known him for long, as if she was talking proudly about her man...

I was very impressed by all her consistent praises for JS through out various interviews in different times and places, meaning that what she saw in him and thought about him were always stable.

I'm also happy about the way she opened up her feeling, given that she mentioned how she liked the pink cinderella dress (which made JS got so smitten), how she was happy filming the lovey dovey dating scene (in which his eyes were fixated on her and she had to say "please dont look at me like this"), specifically why she liked her partner to caress her head (gosh, wasn't she too obvious, it was JS's core behavior in all the BTS :rolleyes:and sure she liked it because sometimes she did close her eyes enjoying while he caressed her hair -_-)

So, like chingu @frozentundrasaid, if they walked away from this and there was nothing going on between them, I will also give up humanity :D

• Like 10