I'm watching "Reply 1994" right now, and one of the characters just confessed to another one, but the confessor got blown off because it was April Fools' Day (April 1). The confessee thought it was a joke, but the confesser was serious.

Did SHS have an interview where she said that exact scenario happened to her?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Do you mean from this interview ?

https://youtu.be/UzRNTvfO-_o (at 1.12 min),  original post is from @meechuttso page 75-76. 

I love her voice (at 1.33 min) when she said "I was going to say that I was only joking", so funny and cute :rolleyes:. She used the same voice in 30but17 when her head was hit by a football. (https://youtu.be/ZXCa1_7ExX8

at 0.43 min).

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm seeing so many new dramas casting news e.g. jisung, lee sang yoon, and I immediately wished for a moment she hasn't took up that role opposite L hahaha. Just saying anyway :rolleyes:.  I'm still excited to see HER in her new role.

She should be busy with her movie filming now. But no updates from her as usual or any filming sightings...

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 11:08 AM, Ni Wen said:

I'm seeing so many new dramas casting news e.g. jisung, lee sang yoon, and I immediately wished for a moment she hasn't took up that role opposite L hahaha.

I think probably it's policy from production team to forbid all casts and crew of 'Innocent' to post any pics or news now :vicx: besides official news released.  Because the IG of a crew member showing photos from the set ( including the one which we see SHS walking into the crime scene ) were also deleted already. :tears:  Now I feel little regret that I didn't download and save those.  (I hope that AQUTOP videos will not be deleted either just because now she's doing CF with Olive Young).

On 1/17/2019 at 11:08 AM, Ni Wen said:

I'm seeing so many new dramas casting news e.g. jisung, lee sang yoon, and I immediately wished for a moment she hasn't took up that role opposite L hahaha. Just saying anyway :rolleyes:.  I'm still excited to see HER in her new role.

I think currently there're 4 types of drama scripts right now for an actress.

(1) script that focused on male lead and encourage top male actor to join, but the female lead role is not notable enough. --> I don't think SHS should choose this one just to be co-star with top actor and be back as 'supporting' female lead position again. 

(2) script that female lead role character is so unique, touching and lovable (such as Ji-an, Seo-ri, Sim-Deok) --> I think this is the one SHS and YNK are looking for, but that's rare gem of script to find. Having chances to find 3 scripts in a row with prominent female characters is very lucky for her already.    There may be some script which is really good but more suitable for older actress (which I don't want SHS to join because I still want to see her with cheerful and lovely look).

(3) script with both male and female lead roles are equally outstanding. --> I think that script would be sent to A++ top veteran or hallyu popular actors and actresses for consideration first.

So for SHS, today although everyone accept her as very good quality actress, in terms of popularity she may not be at that top position yet for all PDs in the industry to offer her the role in top drama because they have to think first about their profit and how to make their drama reach widest audience. Therefore, she has to keep working and maintain her rising momentum until reaching the top popularity list (which I think we will see that soon).

(4) script that female lead may not be remarkable as option (2) but still have some dramatic part for her to show acting ability and charming appearance. It may not attract top actor to join (which is good for me, because it means SHS role will be more dominant in the drama). I guess the PD team probably think that if the drama has SHS , she can help make it a lot better. And if they can't get big name actor but can find good acting rookie or popular idol with large fan-base as first male lead , plus quality second male lead, then the result and rating should be ok enough. ---> I try to think that 'One and Only Love' is in this scenario so SHS decided to do this. Hopefully I will not be disappointed (for the drama, because I'm never disappointed in SHS). ^_^

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, immorethant said:

So for SHS, today although everyone accept her as very good quality actress, in terms of popularity she may not be at that top position yet for all PDs in the industry to offer her the role in top drama because they have to think first about their profit and how to make their drama reach widest audience. Therefore, she has to keep working and maintain her rising momentum until reaching the top popularity list (which I think we will see that soon).

I agree with you that she's not at that top popularity list yet. At least we all know she's going positively in that direction because she's winning more and more fans with her good acting. 

13 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hopefully I will not be disappointed (for the drama, because I'm never disappointed in SHS). ^_^

This is exactly what I'm thinking because I felt strongly that a good co star with on par acting as her will create better synergy and sparks to do well in their respective roles. It's like a butterfly effect, and this in turn can bring the best out of each other. Like how SH and SHS did so brilliantly in FE; and how SHS and YSJ impressed with their excellent acting in 30 but 17. I'm not worried at all about her but the co star can't get too bad or I fear it might somehow affect the cast or drama. I hope my worries are unfounded because I want her drama to do well too.

Please don't mind my occasional rumblings because sometimes I see this and that casting news I get greedy hoping she can do everything :P.  At the end of the day, I will still watch and support her every work :)

Anyway just like you said, and what I've always said, she never ever disappoints :D

P/S: By the way, I love those aqutop visuals too. They are by far my most favourite among all her endorsements to date.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:46 AM, immorethant said:

After watching Netflix's 'Bandersnatch' , an interactive movie that viewer can make decisions for main character which his actions lead to different story paths and different ending,  it gave me inspiration to do the same fun for Shin Hye Sun.

Because this is the first time for me doing this, my apology if this experiment is not good enough or too long. :P

Path #1

Our story began at Incheon Airport in year 2005, our young SHS helped this lost boy finding his mother.

1Unj3u1.jpg

After helping the boy, she found out that she forgot her violin.

Yi1Z6m0.jpg

So it's time for viewer to make the decision the she ....

- Found her violin  ---> jump to path # 13 

- Lost her violin  --->  go to path #2 (below)

Path #2

Reveal hidden contents

Losing her violin, our SHS failed the music school audition. So she focused on her academic study instead and graduated with honors.

8SzxiSy.jpg  S1M50nB.gif

So her mother asked her what is her next plan.

-  Stay and work in Korea --->  continue on path# 3

-  Go to USA  ---> continue on path# 4

-  Go to Finland  ---> continue on path# 5 

-  Go to Japan ---> continue on path# 6

Path #3

Reveal hidden contents

Shin Hye Sun chose to stay and work in Korea. Because she could speak fluently for both English and Japanese and also her Korean diction is very good, she got at job as an MC which she had a very successful career.

The latest MC job of her is at SBS Drama Awards which she met her current boyfriend, an actor Lee Jae Hoon.

YoUB25O.jpgGj0QiqL.jpg

z1fEEbV.jpg

( HAPPY ENDING)  :love:

Path #4

Reveal hidden contents

Shin Hye Sun went to L.A. and because of her oriental natural beauty and charm, she became the world no. 1 supermodel and the richest woman of the world.

g5YumDA.jpg

( HAPPY ENDING)  :love:

Path #5

Reveal hidden contents

Decided to go to Finland, as she's working her part time job at the restaurant, she met a guy who seems familiar to her.

239vFuy.jpg

lZjYwl4.jpg

( NOT SURE WHETHER IT'S A HAPPY ENDING)  :tounge_wink:

Path #6

Reveal hidden contents

In Japan, she studied soprano singing and met this guy 'Kim Woo-Jin' who loved reading and writing poems and also loved ramyeon the same as her.

BWLI4A0.jpgefEy2Xh.jpg

However, this guy's already married, so even she loved him, she had to say good-bye. 

Because her heart knew that 'It hurts as much as I love. Because you’re someone I shouldn’t love'

bKhdTj6.gif

5 Years passed, and one day Kim Woo-Jin saw her photo in a newspaper.

KFTSxmz.jpgCqYVUxA.jpg

- He chose to go and see her performed, hoping to get a free ticket and back-stage visit.  ---> continue on path #7

- He was his father's good boy , so he didn't go.   ---> continue on path # 11

Path #7

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Woo-Jin again, made SHS realized how much she loved him.

jq8vRrf.jpg

But her singing performance also made Japanese yakuza interest in her. He offered her to marry him.

7NSYuAp.jpg

So SHS desperately asked Woo-Jin to forget about everything and go with her to the place where no one could find them.

tsiOoQG.jpg

-  Woo-Jin couldn't left his family for her. ---> continue on #path 8

-  Woo-Jin decided to leave his family and go with SHS ---> continue on #path 10

Path #8

Reveal hidden contents

Situation of our couple was getting more pressure.

Japanese yakuza threatened to kill her family if SHS wouldn't marry him and Woo-Jin's father forbade him from writing, reading, surfing internet, watching K-drama.

w3250aT.gif&key=8b8fff0086993c5b749dad7b   PNJD0Ny.gif&key=4f2ec87a3f8ae79ca1dbd34afed800eb648420eab81e996b564e8c243548d6a7

Both of them couldn't take it anymore.

6DyurJi.jpg

"In this lonely world, filled with cruel suffering. What are you looking for ? "

DvdMXHC.jpg

So on the next day, on the passenger ship departed from Japan, after dancing and kissing they decide to ....

YFLD0vg.jpg

- Jump  ----> continue on path #9

- Not jump.  ---> continue on path#12

Path #9

Reveal hidden contents

b48FYQA.jpg

52yyGex.jpg

(SAD BUT BEAUTIFUL ENDING) :bawling:

Path #10

Reveal hidden contents

Woo-Jin decided to leave his family and go with SHS.

However, one day before their leaving, yakuza knew their plan and captured Woo-Jin to their headquarter and tortured him.

gtQQdlc.jpg

The more he got tortured , the more he became handsome, so the yakuza got more angry and tortured him more.

kvNQxdO.jpg

Realized that one ordinary woman couldn't fight those yakuza, so she went up the mountain to find a teacher who could train her combat and weapon skill.

yIiPpth.jpg

After finished training , Shin Hye Sun (code name 'Pink Raccoon) formed a squad team with 9 handsome ex-military mercenaries (whose code names were their discharge date). They fought their ways into yakuza's headquarter.

oKwMLA5.jpg

She used her fatal karate chop to defeat 2 yakuza big bosses and helped Woo-Jin out.

giphy.gif

Woo-Jin was wounded from tortures, so SHS put him in the cart and take him to see Dr. Jennifer PhD., a famous robotic doctor asking for help.  But Woo-Jin was tortured for many days and his wound was too severe, so Jennifer just said "No, no, no .... If only you take him to me earlier...."

0BshP4g.jpg

So...Woo-Jin died.

giphy.gif

And SHS devoted the rest of her life being a prosecutor to bring those criminal to justice.

sUAv59P.jpg

(ANOTHER ENDING) :tounge_wink:

whew. Still catching my breath from back reading all your updates.

By the way, this Bandersnatch thing is AWESOME!!!! I could never have done this even if I tried lol 

Can't may come any faster, please?!! 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Please don't mind my occasional rumblings

Please don't mind me too, because I'm more frequently and longer on rambling either :sweatingbullets:  (bashful)

And can someone tell me where are these from? Because the pattern on her dress is not the one in 30but17.

Is these from old drama ? Or from new CF?  I would like to guess that it's from some promotional video for 'One and Only Love' but wouldn't it be too soon for the shooting ?

(credit to  jangseyoung678   Instagram)

T1kSVfD.jpg

7RJLHrh.jpg

Qmd7Bhc.jpg

v7jGOwl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

It's weird. KBS IG deleted their Dan My Only Love "coming soon" post few hours later after posting. I hope everything is ok... because I don't get why they would delete their post within a few hours for no reason.

This is funny! The person who posted this is a genius!:joy: Never realised they were in the "same drama" before their mv collaboration LOL!

Actually I don't really remember this scene because I have erased unnecessary memories of mgl haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Seems like it's too soon for script readings for a drama that is 3 months away?

Is SHS still shooting on "Innocent?"

Hopefully, there is a break for her in between the two.

Those are good pics, though. Like the last one the best.

(Is SHS seated next to a disengaged L?)

#ShinHyeSunday

• Like 1

According to the typical k drama filming patterns (based on my own observations), filming for a drama usually starts two months before the premiere date and first script reading happens way before filming starts. Maybe, she's about to wrap up for Innocent now since earlier reports says it's due to finish by Feb. Judging from this, i doubt she will have any break in between since she's moving straight on from movie to drama. Cow mode in full force. 

Ermm... from that pic it seems like the angel is in Faraway Land and oblivious or uninterested in what is happening around him. :sweatingbullets:  Maybe he got summoned back to Heaven and that's just an empty shell sitting there :rolleyes:

Updated:

KBS reposted this after deleting it a few days ago BUT with a pic of the cast in a different order. I wonder why that even matters :blink:

Edited by Ni Wen
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Hola all my fellow minions :)

On 1/16/2019 at 6:49 AM, immorethant said:

I decided to re-watch this drama because its 52 episodes are good for killing time while waiting for her new project. :P

Not sure if that's something I can say 'fighting' to you for attempting. I've yet to watch 2 of the episodes and am allergic to certain characters, so I stay away.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:51 PM, immorethant said:

Ballerina skill :P

I think you and I have same gif prefs, @immorethant. If you made that one yourself, I want to thank you. I've always liked her moves on that spin and the head motion, too.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:50 AM, immorethant said:

---> I try to think that 'One and Only Love' is in this scenario so SHS decided to do this.

That's a great analysis. I concur, but would add that she's hopefully going to the highest bidder. $$$.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:23 AM, Ni Wen said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking because I felt strongly that a good co star with on par acting as her will create better synergy and sparks to do well in their respective roles. It's like a butterfly effect, and this in turn can bring the best out of each other. Like how SH and SHS did so brilliantly in FE; and how SHS and YSJ impressed with their excellent acting in 30 but 17.

Hi @Ni Wen I hope the story is good. It's quite boring to watch a story just focusing on the 2 leads loveline development, with a third person thrown in there to force a tension. I'm not looking forward to anything like that. Maybe L will step it up once he wakes from his slumber at the script reading....

On 1/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, Ni Wen said:

This is funny! The person who posted this is a genius!:joy: Never realised they were in the "same drama" before their mv collaboration LOL!

Actually I don't really remember this scene because I have erased unnecessary memories of mgl haha.

Me too. :wacko:

13 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

KBS reposted this after deleting it a few days ago BUT with a pic of the cast in a different order. I wonder why that even matters :blink:

Maybe it's a hint. A different kind of love triangle. Maybe the blind former ballerina and the ballet director are fighting over who gets to keep the pretty angel. LoL :crazy:

I might borrow some of these images if the Dan Only One Love (DOOL??) thread hasn't got updates yet.

@kokkuri33 not sure why you posted the YeonTae singing the 편지 song (written by Kim Gwang-Jin - here's a link to IU singing it), but there's a story behind that song and SHS in Secret Forest too. The lyrics of the song - English translated version:

In case you like it and didn't know what the song was about. It's the song Koreans sing when they are 'sending off' someone they were holding a torch for.:( Some of the comments say they came because of Secret Forest.

It's also the song Young Eun-Soo sent to Hwang Shi-Mok (in Secret Forest), which was a subject of much buzz during its original broadcast 2 years ago. In fact there's an article saying it's one of 3 foreshadowing (clues) that Eun-Soo or the writer left about her imminent death.

http://alamo.tistory.com/26315 :skull:

You can perhaps guess from the 3 photos there what these were.

Eun-Soo sends Shi-Mok a recording of the song as a thanks for the sweater he let her borrow (although when he receives the song on his phone, he brushes it off and keeps jogging - a very funny scene), but perhaps it was a good bye. One of the other 2 clues are that the left arm of the sweater she'd washed and hung out to dry falls off the rail, and Shi-Mok had said to her "do you want to be my left hand?" in passing. And the last clue was when the killer (I won't say who in case someone hasn't seen the whole thing) looks out the room and sees Shi-Mok and Eun-Soo sitting there, there's a beam that separates the 2 of them in the frame, and they were saying it is symbolic of the 'line' that separates the living from the dead.... Funny how much that drama did and continues to get much love from all corners even now. It's definitely due to SHS' breakout performance that made SF so memorable, there's no doubt.B)

Happy MLK Day, everyone, if you're in a part of the world that celebrates!  -_-

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi, i'm a new here. I just when to express my thoughts when i read about what you guys think about Infinite L. Since i'm an inspirit which is infinite fan and also a fan of SHS, i hope u guys give some consideration towards L. I know he is someone who is very careful when it comes to communicate freely with any actress. Thus, he might not treat SHS like her other previous costars. As he is also an idol, which also restricted his freedom to be very friendly towards any actress in order to avoid rumours. But, i believe when it comes to acting, he can give full 100 percent he is a very determined person. You guys can give a try to watch Miss Hammurabi if you are curious about his acting skill. Hope you guys not feel offended with my thoughts. 

• Like 2

hello @hanniey Welcome to the thread and to the forum overall if you're new! :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I for one will do my best to be L's fan in everything now that he's working with SHS. I think we're all quite open-minded about every actor/actress SHS gets to work with here. I did and still have objection to a particular character in one of her previous works, but nothing personal against any actors. :w00t:

I know that some of us may have seemed like we got carried away in the 'One and Only Love' thread (shall we shorten it as OAOL or OOL or DOL for 'Dan, Only Love'??) with speculations or wishing out loud who we want as the male lead in her next role, and yes, that's partly (mainly?) what we do here in this thread, spazzing out over male leads - but I hope you feel free to express yourself in anyway you feel here, in support of any actors or actresses who work with SHS, and also post in the drama thread since that one has lacked any input from L's fandom (which I understand to be pretty vast).

One thing L and SHS seem to have in common, they don't update their Instagram much, do they?

:glasses::innocent:

tumblr_pl1s6kBVZS1valxs7o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_pjlqph1Oud1valxs7o1_640.jpg

Edited by meechuttso
Top of new page - like her profile??
  • Like 2