[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay the ratings increased to pass 6%

Hehe @ferily i thk we r living in the same timezone

40 minutes ago, briseis said:

This is important and symbolic - Bong Soon looking at a LIFE-SIZE PAINTING of her 17-year-old self (while wearing the same color) without even realizing it’s her. Min Hyuk drew a FREAKING LIFE-SIZE PAINTING OF HER (he got her height completely right!), so he would never forget her! That’s pretty much THE EQUIVALENT OF BUILDING AN ALTAR OF HER AWESOMENESS TO WORSHIP HER!

IT’S EVEN LITERALLY GUARDING HIS PRIVATE SANCTUARY - the painting of his former savior and curren bodyguard - and the painting really does look and feel like his own, private guardian angel he keeps close so it would protect him from everyone, but mostly from his loneliness.

Such steadfast and lasting devotion goes beyond gratefulness; 10 years ago MH’s life must have been so bleak - his mother was dead, his father was a gangster who had even the police in his pockets and MH was about to die on the very same bus he was taking to visit his mother’s grave but then Bong Soon saved him and when she did she gave him hope.

Omg i love how u put it : built an altar of her awesomeness 

I would also thk not many ppl enter his sanctuary. He has form this rapport and trust in BS. Confiding to someone u just recently hired in so much from ur mum to ur dad and half brothers 

I oso thk to him the girl in pink hoodie is like his guardian angel. We nearly forgot with his usual smile and successful ceo reputation hes oso vy much alone and lonely (we finally catch glimpses of that when he stares at the paintin, when he looks at the stars n talked about his mum hes actually really sentimental)

1 hour ago, briseis said:

This is important and symbolic - Bong Soon looking at a LIFE-SIZE PAINTING of her 17-year-old self (while wearing the same color) without even realizing it’s her. Min Hyuk drew a FREAKING LIFE-SIZE PAINTING OF HER (he got her height completely right!), so he would never forget her! That’s pretty much THE EQUIVALENT OF BUILDING AN ALTAR OF HER AWESOMENESS TO WORSHIP HER!

IT’S EVEN LITERALLY GUARDING HIS PRIVATE SANCTUARY - the painting of his former savior and curren bodyguard - and the painting really does look and feel like his own, private guardian angel he keeps close so it would protect him from everyone, but mostly from his loneliness.

Such steadfast and lasting devotion goes beyond gratefulness; 10 years ago MH’s life must have been so bleak - his mother was dead, his father was a gangster who had even the police in his pockets and MH was about to die on the very same bus he was taking to visit his mother’s grave but then Bong Soon saved him and when she did she gave him hope.

Hats off to you.. :D You have the eye for details... wow!!!  

I agree with you on this. 

after watching ep 3 with subs I just needed somewhere to spazz...I can't even with this.

What I love about this 

1. Adorkable PBY, PHS & Jisoo, individually and together

2. DBS's sudden bursts of super powers

3. MH's house, that dungeon sealed the deal

4. BGMs, like puppy sounds while Jisoo's on screen

----------

Hello to my friends from past dramas. So nice to see your names here.

--------

RL's been getting in the way of my kdrama life.

Oh yeah, AGB rating crosed 6% (6,081%) :D Good news for SWDBS team :wub:

[SPOILERS] STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON EP03 + RATING

Spoiler

201703032355775109_58b9872882432_99_2017201703032355775109_58b98685cadce_99_2017dobongsoon.png

Naver - Osen: 'Do Bong Soon' Park Bo Young, Met the killer again...Third murder has happened

1. [+2954, -16] Ah Kim Won Hae's acting as a patient is really funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's acting is really good ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1996, -18] Kim Won Hae is a fixed cast right? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1839, -18] I was laughing the whole episode but suddenly it become thriller at the last minute, It was really frightening...

4. [+1438, -15] The mask is really scary ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+1121, -17] When the killer turned his head, I got goosebumps...

6. [+456, -4] Bong soon's mother is really funny.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+431, -6] I Really don't want to see Bong Soon at risk of loosing her ability...

8. [+400, -6] I think the gang will be a big help for Bong Soon when she is in danger...

9. [+404, -8] Aigoo, Kook Do-ah if you didn't notice that how are you going to work as a detective? But i really don't like Kook Do's girlfriend...I'm afraid because her acting is like she is reading a korean book.

10. [+395, -8] What's wrong with Kook Do's girlfriend?

Spoiler

0000949670_001_20170303231211436.jpgdobongsoon.png

Naver - tv Report: 'Strong Woman' Jisoo, Park Hyung Sik's boundary...He tells Park Bo Young "All Men are dogs"

1. [+869, -19] Park Bo Young looks like a baby next to Jisoo ㅠㅠ Cute

2. [+664, -23] Finally a drama that i can watch ㅠㅠ

3. [+624, -25] I also want a boss like him...A boss that looks like a puppy

4. [+180, -2] Ah Kim Won Hae is really funny ㅋㅋㄱㄱㄱㄱㅋ

5. [+165, -6] But Why is Kook Do acting like that when he already has a girlfriend ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+167, -9] Every time i see Park Hyung Sik, I admire his good looks. Park Bo Young is so small, but she looks good

7. [+137, -6] Do Bong Soon's mother is really funny when she asked her to sleep with him ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young are so lovely ㅋ

8. [+114, -3] I feel like exploding because of Kim Won Haeㅋㅋㄱㄱㄲ

Spoiler

201703032320749711_1_99_20170303232103.j

Naver - My daily: 'Do Bong Soon' Park Bo Young·Park Hyung Sik, Sweet bedtime...Confessing and Playing

1. [+52, -2] This scene was really cute ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+36, -2] Kim Won Hae Ahjussi is really funny

3. [+20, -0] Puppy Couple are so suitable for each other♡♡

4. [+25, -2] Puppy Couple are so good

5. [+12, -0] So good

6. [+11, -0] The chemistry between this two is really great! I laughed a lot today~

7. [+10, -0] As expected, Thanks to Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young i had a great time today

8. [+10, -0] The Chemistry between them is so good, Park Hyung Sik is Very handsome

9. [+9, -0] Today was really funny ㅎㅎ

Spoiler

201703032315779114_58b97aa2baafb_99_2017

Naver - Osen: 'Do Dong Soon' Park Bo Young·Park Hyung Sik, Become closer...Love blossom

1. [+20, -0] A drama that you can't throw away any character ㅠㅠ But i don't think it's right for Hee Ji to follow Bong Ki ㅠㅠ 

2. [+8, -0] Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik are so good together ~

3. [+6, -0] Let's get more closer

4. [+4, -2] I like Kook Do too ㅠㅠ

5. [+4, -0] Cheering for Won Hae and Won Hee~~

===================
Positive reaction from Knet as usual :lol:  But I think there is a mistake in her translation of 2nd article. From the Korea original new, top cmts aren't like that ^_^

1. [+1366, -33]  박형식이 개면 잘생긴 리트리버일거야...

2. [+873, -19]  박형식이랑 지수 사이에 있으니까 더 애기같다ㅠㅠ 귀여워

3. [+667, -24] 드디어 볼 드라마가 생겼다ㅠㅠ

4. [+631, -25] 나도 저런 대표님 주세요...멍뭉이 상인 8등신 대표님

5. [+187, -2] 아놔 김원해 개욱곀ㅋㅋㄱㄱㄱㄱㅋ

Hope someone will trans this heheee :D

Love ep 3! It's a good dose of comedy, mystery/thriller, and melo. Love love love! :heart:

Several things that make me go dink! when watching the show: 
3-1.jpg

He could be someone from the past (seeing that's he's old generation) - the guy who kidnapped BS and BG?

Oh, the list of the suspects from the family side is interesting (as in AMH's stalker and creepy caller): 
FullSizeRender.jpg

Bro #1: doesnt seem too bright, more brawl than brain
Bro #2: too sweet, kinda fake - he's the most suspicious
Bro #3: the type of guy who will stab you in the back
Dad: A proclaimed villain, but low motive in harming AMH
Stepmom: no image here.. but .. naah, really? her?

3-7%20copy.jpg
It's amazing how soon the psycho takes another girl. It's only been what.. 2-3 days? He hasn't really done anything with Victim #1 and already in search for Victim #2?
I guess he really wants to fill up his dungeons with harems before killing them one by one? Or something even unmentionables?
Oh, does anybody knows what medicine is the psycho's buying?

Btw, I like the drum at the end of the song, you guys know the title or singers? When will it be released?

Loving this drama more and more. i'm just dying for the moment Do Bong Soon falls in love with Ah Min Hyuk... Gahhh!! Can't that moment come any sooner??? I absolutely love the chemistry between the two of them and their scenes were so adorable today. I love how Min Hyuk knew all the stuff he did in the hospital was an over exaggeration and he admitted it to DBS yet he still did it to get Bong Soon's attention :lol:

I wonder if the Boss of all the gangsters know who Ahn Min Hyuk is... What is their relationship because it definitely seems like they know each other.... Also now that Min Hyuk is the heir to his father's group, seems like there will be some people after him....

But my favorite part of the episode...

48PGPn.gif

Park Hyung Sik just nails this part :wink: I can't wait for the moment when Do Bong Soon finds out Min Hyuk isn't gay and he totally fell in love with her~~ :wub:

@penelop3 Excellent observations there. The killer he wanted to hv 7 brides right?  And so far in the list he has one ( that hospital girl) - but do you remember in the previous episode when he was dragging the hospital victim down the steps , there were these hands that were banging against the window? So do you think he does not kill his victims & he actually brings them all back & see if they fit the criteria? He will dispose of them much later?  

@Era Ferawati Thanks dear. Sending you some love :wub:

@sebastian27 Don't skip that date. Love comes first , if you want win-win, get the date to watch this too , wink ! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS39TC0g-ilVy2aqWD-HhXimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuIhvJq4GXoJ-U0TvZH3Uimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJBJ3-vh1rdldlmox5-qE

Just loved the first 3 episodes filled with a beautiful mixture of Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Fantasy in her super strength, and amazing comedy!!!!  Even the gangsters make me laugh!!!  Not to mention how I wish I had a secret room like MH WOW!!! It kind of felt like part Super Woman/ James Bond :ph34r:B) But what I love most isn't only the chemistry between MH & BS, which lets face it they are killing it with perfection!!  But the chemistry that is even stronger in MH, BS and KD they are a winning combination punch that knocks your socks off!!  The way the script and writers words flow between the 3 of them just gets better and better...

So moving and yet so funny it's like your emotions are everywhere and often you forget there is some creepy guy out there killing girls and stabbing police officers...

It's a little hard to believe and to put into words but what ever their magic is and the writing as well one things for sure it's WORKING!!!!:w00t::heart:

all credit to original owners of photos...

Finished the subbed episode and wanted so share my thoughts.

• First of all, when I started watching SWDBS today it felt somehow like home, just lean back and enjoy, I really liked that.
  • But for the episode itself, I like the episode quite well, it wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed it. I have the feeling the interesting parts will air tomorrow, so I'm looking for that.
  • I really like DBS mother, I feel like she's my hidden MVP right now, okay, she may be materialistic, but right now she's the only force that trys to create a bond between MH + BS. She trys to give MH a chance and convince her to make more out herself. You can blame her for that. The reason why I'm supporting her is because
  • It really annoys me that MH pretends to be gay just to upset BS. MH has gotten a lot of credit lately, I begin to like his character, but everytime I think he may have a shot, he begins to act like a jerk and scares her off. But I have to say this isn't completely his fault. because
  • BS really feels like two-faced. She can be such a cutie and if I would ever stand in front of her, I would pass out and die by heart-attack. But she can be so complicated and I don't like that she hasn't any good word left over for MH. Yeah, he sometimes acts like a kid, but on the other hand he already told her so many things about himself. He clearly trusts her and told her personal things very quickly, it's always costs some effort for a guy to open up himself to a girl. He cheered her up in his mancave and told her about himself. 
  • I really can't wait to the point where she finally discovers that he isn't gay and this whole stuff finally ends. I want them to like each other, but right now everything I hear is moaning from both parts. It seems like she doesn't like him and he doesn't do anything to change that. He destroys every good approach by doing something stupid just a few scenes later.
  • KD right now feels somehow......meh.......I don't care much for his character right now. And that isn't Ji Soo fault, because he's acting very good, but KD just feels one-dimensional. Because of that he loses to MH right now, MH showed multiple facettes right now and has way more depth up to this point. You have his family, his company, his past, his deep thoughts about his past and sadly his childish behaviours. KD just feels like a roboter right now, I really hope they add more layers to his personality.
  • KD-girlfriend is a beauty, but she lost this episode. One visit at a doctors is enough to make her forget about her boyfriend and preparing to 'date' that doc. Even though she knows that this doc is the brother of her boyfriends friend? Please tell me this isn't how girls normally do stuff like that. I feel sorry for KD. We already knew that KD-girlfriend and BS brother have a lovestory, but I didn't expect it would be so.......wrong. 
  • MH's mancave is just awesome! The dream of e-v-e-r-y man, and that heaven of stars is just astonishing. He sure knows how to impress a girl. High Five Bro!

I think that's it for now.

@penelop3 - total agree with you about episode 3. Loved it love it  loved it.:heart::D

I have  the same feeling that the gangsters boss was the person that kidnapped both BS  and her brother when they were younger. Loved BS brother and dad, the look on their faces when the mom says crazy towards her daughter is priceless. MK playing BS for attention is also funny and priceless. The gangsters what can we say. He keeps pissing his pants every time he thinks or see BS. This drama is enjoyable, funny and full of laughs. You always have a smiles on your face with the interactions between, BS family MK and GD,

The bully kids now worship her.  Of course the suspense behind who is the  killer and who is trying to kill MH is another factor that keeps everyone on their toes.

Looking forward to another great episode on Saturday.

28 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Just loved the first 3 episodes filled with a beautiful mixture of Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Fantasy in her super strength, and amazing comedy!!!!  Even the gangsters make me laugh!!!  Not to mention how I wish I had a secret room like MH WOW!!! It kind of felt like part Super Woman/ James Bond :ph34r:B) But what I love most isn't only the chemistry between MH & BS, which lets face it they are killing it with perfection!!  But the chemistry that is even stronger in MH, BS and KD they are a winning combination punch that knocks your socks off!!  The way the script and writers words flow between the 3 of them just gets better and better...

So moving and yet so funny it's like your emotions are everywhere and often you forget there is some creepy guy out there killing girls and stabbing police officers...

It's a little hard to believe and to put into words but what ever their magic is and the writing as well one things for sure it's WORKING!!!!:w00t::heart:

all credit to original owners of photos...

Agree with what you said! I love how this is not just a romance-comedy drama but there is also the mix of mystery, action, suspense and thriller!! It's nice to see that the drama has different elements to it, which makes it unique. I love the lead characters too because they aren't the typical kdrama leads with a love triangle. I'm just really loving it so much.... They all have such good chemistry with each other!

12 minutes ago, dhakra said:
  • It really annoys me that MH pretends to be gay just to upset BS. MH has gotten a lot of credit lately, I begin to like his character, but everytime I think he may have a shot, he begins to act like a jerk and scares her off. But I have to say this isn't completely his fault. because
  • BS really feels like two-faced. She can be such a cutie and if I would ever stand in front of me, I would pass out and die by heart-attack. But she can be so complicated and I don't like that she hasn't any good word left over for MH. Yeah, he sometimes acts like a kid, but on the other hand he already told her so many things about himself. He clearly trusts her and told him personal things very quickly, it's always costs some effort for a guy to open up himself to a girl. He cheered her up in his mancave and told her about himself. 
  • I really can't wait to the point where she finally discovers that he isn't gay and this whole stuff finally ends. I want them to like each other, but right now everything I hear is moaning from both parts. It seems like she doesn't like him and he doesn't do anything to change that. He destroys every good approach by doing something stupid just a few scenes later.

(Sorry to cut your post) Oh my gosh, I agree with what you say! I love how open Min Hyuk is so open with Bong Soon and he shares his personal feelings to him. He can be serious with her but also silly and funny!! I do agree that it seems DBS doesn't like MH at all or think of him as a friend.. It seems like she thinks he is bothersome and annoying... (Which I am sad about because AMH already has a crush on her and he's trying to get her attention) I hope things lighten up with Bong Soon and she can think of him more :) I can't wait until she finds out he isn't gay as well and that he likes her!!

episode 3 was good. so many good scene.

that scene were GD tell MH. that whatever BS ma say will be final/her ma tell him that he need to leave that house. was funny. i guess BS ma greed for money help MH in that scene.

that scene were MH name GD body part. that he like. just to make BS mad was funny.

i feel bad for GD in this episode. i wonder how he going to react? when he findout his gf is 2 timing him.

that flash back of ES/GD first time meeting when they were teen was cute.

that scene were BS tell GD not to treat her so nice cuz he already. have a gf must hurt him a little. when all he does is look out for her.

lol that scene were the gang boss richard simmons in his pant. when he saw BS. was so funny. i wonder if he the same one that kidnap BS/her bro when they were little.

good to see the rating went up.

Yayy early scene of 3rd episode was really amusing:lol:... When GD called the desperate mom lol we all knew he wouldn't get the reaction he want... And MH crazy flirt with GD... I am lost... naughty sexyyyy ha haa:blush:... But can anyone explain to me why MH feels the need to show people as if he is a gay? Was it any certain reason, maybe i miss something?

Wow Ji soo really played the piano himself didn't he? I thought the piano scene was using double but it's really him, right? I was being amazed looking at his fingers on the piano..  Is he a pro? But then why GD ended up being a policeman with such great talent? Hmm there must be important reason too... And it seems hard for MH to turn BS' heart to love him when GD is soo perfect... i am anticipating  MH's efforts for making BS falls for him... Its gonna be reaaally fun ... Min Hyuk fighting!B)

The hospital scene then... Gangsters, MH's secretary and MH himself... looks like BS' victims are gathering there, ha.... Poor BS, she made her dongsaeng worry while she herself doesn't know how to prevent her strength from hurting people around her...

Uuugh i really hate GD's girlfriend for flirting BK:angry:... How can she do that when GD is a very kind man? He really doesn't deserve this... 

Step mom: attack stats: 0, defense stats: 0... Only wants to eat ... Lololololol its a relief that she just wants to eat:D

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 4 preview thanks to @briseis. A translation underneath, though I'm not entirely confident since my audio is flaky today. 

Boys: In this miserable life, you are our hope. Please help us!
GD: I like a woman who is gentle and dainty like a Cosmos (flower).
BS: I know how to get angry and my heart hurts as well. 
MH: You are really special.
BS: When I get really angry, I don’t know how to control myself. 
MH: Ow, it hurts.
BS: Your butt, I’m going to totally get rid of it. 
MH: You are just so cute, I could die. 
BS: Ohhh.
MH: I received a threat not too long ago. Tell them, those people. If I catch them, I’m going to kill them. 
Man: Follow them, secretly.
BS: We have to catch the culprit.
GD: Do you think it sounds like his voice?
MH: I’m sorry.
GD: A witness report just came in, but anyway I think of it, this one concerns me. 

Thank you so much for posting the video preview of episode 4 @briseis and for the translations my dongsaeng @stroppyse!

Archived