[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Era Ferawati where did you get those gifs huh??

Ok just finished watching with subs and it is great.. about MH getting threat call is to remove a certain game called"Albertine Chronicles"or else he will kill MH (That voice definetly reminded W) and do bong soon greeting to world was so hilarious. (Baby BS knocking doctor down LOL..) And BS's dream is to create a game where she is the main character wow) And the scene in police station is so hilarious. MH even says kids to stop lying about BS.. and even outside the station was so (got to see sassy BS) And i'm so happy for their ratings are as expected by cast for 5 lucky ones. I wish I lived in korea..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and so many OTP moments on MV 

tumblr_olwpq7Bw6l1vqlkb3o1_540.png

tumblr_olwpq7Bw6l1vqlkb3o2_540.png

tumblr_olwpq7Bw6l1vqlkb3o3_540.png

This was new one .. i guess in hospital.

tumblr_olwpq7Bw6l1vqlkb3o4_540.png

Just watched episode 1, the episode was cute and hilarious lol, I like everything especially Bong Soon's super strength, it's nice to see a strong heroine like her who protects her man, and I like our three main leads a lot <3 I'm also glad they make Hyungshik an independent chaebol not just a heir like the description make it sound to be :wub:

0000168344_001_20170225082516927.jpg?typ

The JTBC new drama  Strong Woman Do bong Soon which was first broadcast on the 24th, was rated at 4.04%  (hope it increase more and more as days pass..:tongue:)

see article which has reviewed the piolt episode http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000168344&gid=999339&cid=1056503

An article about OST was posted on Soompi check out ..

Spoiler

Watch: Apink’s Jung Eun Ji Lends Beautiful Voice For First OST Track From “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-Soon1-768x419.png

Apink’s Jung Eun Ji is the first featured artist for the soundtrack of JTBC’s “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”!

Right after the drama premiered on February 24, the track “You’re My Garden” was released at midnight KST on February 25, along with an accompanying music video.

Jung Eun Ji’s signature vocals shine in this classic ballad, which will surely accentuate the emotional scenes in the drama. It was produced by ROZ and Ki Hyun Sik, who is known for other famous OST tracks such as Davichi’s “This Love” from “Descendants of the Sun,” Taeyeon’s “All With You” from “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” and several tracks from “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.”

2 hours ago, briseis said:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon has finally arrived and it’s exactly like its two main leads - unconventional, warm, quirky, funny, unpredictible and more than meets the eye . As the first episode goes, it’s everything I hoped it would be and more, despite the fact that many scenes were shown in the previews and teasers.

In the opening scene we meet the male lead, Ahn Min Hyuk, during his high school days, driving on a bus with a bouqet of white chysanthemums. But he is not your typical kdrama male lead. It’s HIM WHO FALLS  FOR HIS MYSTERIOUS FEMALE SAVIOR! It seems that the girl is his first love and he keeps dreaming about her even 10 years later; HE EVEN PAINTED HER PORTRAIT which he keeps hidden in his closet (combined with the fact that he founded a company creating games it's probably a hint MH has artistic talent)! Now, suddenly the whole thing about the rumours that MH doesn’t go out with women (which leads people to think he is gay) makes total sense - HE IS THAT CHARACTER PINNING AFTER HIS FIRST LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! Doesn’t that remind you of something?

Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t expect it but SWDBS really does give me the My Love From Another Star vibes - the story is of course  completely different, but the OTP dynamic and parallels are undeniable there! Min Hyuk is Bong Soon’s Cheon Song Yi - and he does really remind me of her - sassy, self-confident and with a seemingly devil-may-care attitude but warmer and more approachable; he might not have super powers but he still manages be utterly badass.

Then one day he literally meets the girl of his dreams again and he becomes completely bewitched by her without actually knowing its her! Because that superhero montage of BS with wind in her hair and walking like the awesomest thing that has ever awesomed is actually HOW MIN HYUK SEES HER (since BS wouldn't actuall walk like that because in that moment she is worried about the consequences of this 'little' display of her powers)!

Ah, I never thought about that with Ahn Min Hyuk...that he fell for the female (obviously Do Bong Soon) that saved him on the bus... Gahh, your theory about it makes total sense!! :scream: He's looking for the woman who saved him when he was in high school...

3 hours ago, xyr enc said:

Episode 1 Ratings:

3.829 Nationwide (No. 2 on timeslot)

4.044 Seoul Metro Area (No. 1 on timeslot)

Quite Unexpected for an 11 PM Drama!

Also, Strong Woman, Do Bong Soon has the highest rating pilot among all JTBC dramas

Yay, glad to hear that about the drama :D Looks like Strong Woman Do Bong Soon already met the rating they wanted to reach!

Awwww, that little puppy! He’s such a goner!

BfMvhyR.jpg

It’s awesome how how unsure of himself and shy around her Min Hyuk is when he is so composed and self-assured even when dealing with a blackmailer. I adore how he fumbles to get his act together and tries to hide his own uncertainty with that adorable false bravado.

2YgtTKg.jpgPlnP6td.jpg

This was definitely the drama I anticipated the most in 2017, especially the moment Park Bo Young signed on. I was super excited for this drama, and while it's not completely perfect.. it's off to a good start. 
I'm loving the characters, they're quirky and lovable. Park Bo Young is the cutest human being ever.
Though admittedly, I found the pacing of this episode a little off.. and the editing seemed a little out of place as well. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, seeing as the PD was probably trying to introduce all the characters, insert backstories and kickstart the plot in one short episode. 
Not really into the slapstick comedy and the overly dramatic humour.. but it doesn't bother me to the extent that I'll stop watching. I find myself looking forward to the murder mystery and the thriller element of this drama the most..
Looking forward to tomorrow's episode, I will be sticking to this drama.

Finished Episode 1 and I absolutely love of already! This episode made me burst into laughter because of Do Bong Soon's strength, and I'm glad that our two leads have met already (and Minhyuk knows about her strength!). I already love Do Bong Soon AND Ahn Min Hyuk because they are both one of a kind. I thought it is awesome and burst into laughter when AMH immediately accepted DBS after she said Ainsoft is a good company (Don't we all wish we can get a job like that haha), and he thought she was sexy. It's nice to see that the main leads aren't the typical, stereotypical leads, but they both have a unique personality. I'm surprised that the Episode introduced the thrill and crime scenes right away. Very curious who the man (or woman) is threatening Min hyuk...probably not the same person as the one doing the murder in Do Bong neighborhood, right...? A lot of the scenes in Episode 1 were from the 9 minute preview though, but I'm sure Episode 2 is going to be even better :D Can't wait to see as our leads (Do Bong Soon, Ahn Min hyuk and Im Gook Du) relationship unfolds and character development!

1 minute ago, ferily said:

Finished Episode 1 and I absolutely love of already! This episode made me burst into laughter because of Do Bong Soon's strength, and I'm glad that our two leads have met already (and Minhyuk knows about her strength already!). I already love Do Bong Soon AND Ahn Min Hyuk because they are both one of a kind. I burst into laughter when AMH immediately accepted her after she said Ainsoft is a good company. (Don't we all wish we can get a job like that haha) It's nice to see that the main leads aren't the typical, stereotypical leads, but they both have a unique personality. I'm surprised that the Episode introduced the thrill and crime scenes right away. Very curious who the man (or woman) is threatening Min hyuk...probably not the same person as the one doing the murder in Do Bong neighborhood, right...? A lot of the scenes in Episode 1 were from the 9 minute preview though, but I'm sure Episode 2 is going to be even better :D Can't wait to see as our leads (Do Bong Soon, Ahn Min hyuk and Im Gook Du) relationship unfolds and character development!

That is why i like this drama it is way different from all the other  dramas with stereotypical leads. It's always refreshing to watch new concepts than the same old love triangle etc like usual rom-com. Both the leads PHS and PBY not to forget ji soo are doing really well.:wub: I have seen each of them in different dramas (PHS as SMJ, PBY as timid chef in Oh my ghostessand jisoo in Scarlet heart)  and here in this series acting required is quite different compared to other dramas and so far they are doing exceptionally well. Truely said they are both one of a kind^_^ (Role reversals are going to be seen in upcoming episodes too ...):D

This is pure speculation on my part because we still don't know more details about The Chronicle of Albertan, the game that Min Hyuk developed, but you might have noticed that a picture of one of its female characters is hanging in BS's room. And there have been already TWO scenes in which BS was shown standing next to it. Coincidence? Maybe, but let's face it, kdrama writers are rarely so lazy. The female looks powerful AND mysterious, partly due to THE HOOD SHE IS WEARING. Does that remind you of someone? I'm not saying it will turn out to be true but HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF it were BS who inspired MH to create the game and she had left such an impression on him that he would base one of the game's main characters ON HER?

rcfOS8y.pnggUeCe46.pngjoyfdW9.png

Spoiler

QThMzGJ.png

20 minutes ago, athena22 said:

That is why i like this drama it is way different from all the other  dramas with stereotypical leads. It's always refreshing to watch new concepts than the same old love triangle etc like usual rom-com. Both the leads PHS and PBY not to forget ji soo are doing really well.:wub: I have seen each of them in different dramas (PHS as SMJ, PBY as timid chef in Oh my ghostessand jisoo in Scarlet heart)  and here in this series acting required is quite different compared to other dramas and so far they are doing exceptionally well. Truely said they are both one of a kind^_^ (Role reversals are going to be seen in upcoming episodes too ...):D

Yes, I agree!! Even Ji Soo's character has an interesting perspective to it. I want to know more about his background story and how him and Bong Soon first met...and how her one-sided crush first started! Apparently Gook Du has a girlfriend according to Bong Soon in Episode 1?

14 minutes ago, briseis said:

This is pure speculation on my part because we still don't know more details about The Chronicle of Albertan, the game that Min Hyuk developed, but you might have noticed that a picture of one of its female characters is hanging in BS's room. And there have been already TWO scenes in which BS was shown standing next to it. Coincidence? Maybe, but let's face it, kdrama writers are rarely so lazy. The female looks powerful AND mysterious, partly due to THE HOOD SHE IS WEARING. Does that remind you of someone? I'm not saying it will turn out to be true but HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF it were BS who inspired MH to create the game and she had left such an impression on him that he would base one of the game's main characters ON HER?

Hide contents

Aw man, nice observation! You just never know about Korean dramas man.... They always bring the unexpected and make you think about details in the drama... Maybe it could be hinting at a possible game character? You know, I actually wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the drama, we get something like that :D

축하해요 :thumbsup: team 힘쎈여자 도봉순  and everyone here.

Great rating to start off and great encouragement to the team effort working hard to bring us the best. Let's hope for continuous surprise they can give us till the end of the drama.

SWDBS-1_zpsyowi0rok.jpg

Finished the subbed version of episode one and I'm really impressed.

This was a damn good first episode and I'm looking forward to the next episode. I really like the 'over-the-top' humour, it's simply a joy to watch how they treat the scenes when BS hits someone. I'm a total fan on hitting someone in slow motion, this makes every scene so dramatic. The drama didn't waste any time and annoyed me with long character introductions, the pacing is very good so far. Of course there isn't so much story progress so far, but I really was excited. I think tomorrow we will see more progress.

But I have to highlight something or I should say, someone. Park Bo-Young kills it, she is just simply amazing in her role. I really don't want to trivialize the performance of Ji Soo and Park Hyung-Sik, they did a really good job, but the next lines are purely for PBY. She carries the drama from the start, it's the first episode and she begins to shine it such a ridicilous way. PBY just slays with her acting performance and her charisma, you could put any actor to her side and it would also work. She plays her character so well, that I was on her feet from the first second she entered the screen. If she continues this way, I'm absolutely sure this drama will be a success and many of us will call this the drama of the year. And as cherry on top, and this isn't just the male that lies within me, she is beautiful as beautiful can be.

JS and PHS will benefit from her, in a good way, there will be plenty of amazing scenes and I'm really happy when I think about witnessing two new episodes every week. Like I said, I don't want to triviliaze the performance of the other two leading roles, they both did a fantastic job and I'm curious who will be her man of choice, but acting-wise PBY is on another level so far. So far she's perfection. And I expect nothing less than perfection from every drama (and because of that I drop pretty much every drama)

1 hour ago, briseis said:

mind you of someone? I'm not saying it will turn out to be true but HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF it were BS who inspired MH to create the game and she had left such an impression on him that he would base one of the game's main characters ON HER?

This would be SO awesome!

Hi @cherryblossomzz me too chingu, I'm watching Ep1 and laughing like mad. Still got few minutes more then finish Ep1. I'm going to enjoy this new drama. Bong Soon is funny and I especially adore CEO, he's tall and handsome.

Hwarang made me fall for Park Hyung Sik and this drama continues with that love :wub:. Funny because I never like him previously in all his dramas and even when he's active in ZEA. :tongue:

Jisoo as Gookdu is entertaining too, because he's so upright, he got demoted. In this real world, to be success in your office and career, have to pretend, can't be too upright and honest. The society don't like honesty.

After watching the episode with subs, Bong Soon's introduction is so funny! And I laughed so much when Min-Hyuk said she was sexy :joy:

I love the personalities of each character; they're all so unique.  I am really liking this drama so far! I'm happy the ratings are good and I hope they even increase later! :)

Archived