[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

7 hours ago, ashvaugn said:

@perfectsmilebias this is where I have to respecftully disagree with you.  As a fellow JCW fan, I agree Empress ki was the turning point of his career, why? Because his character as the crazy emperor demanded him to, used his full potential, and he has a lot of material to work on in terms of fleshing out his deep emotions. IMO,  I measure an actor's brilliance in acting if he has affect me in conveying his emotions with just subtle expressions .  For example you dont need to go over the top yelling if you are frustrated or hurt with something just like most actors do.. jcw learned how to control and or should I say balance his acting. In healer, he does not have that lots of emotional scenes, but still the scenes where he had to flesh out his emotions, he was still able to convey it with subtlety , because that is what his character is about. Seo Jung hoo, is a character that has never cried ever since his mom left him, but when his "teacher" died, I was still,able to feel his pain without him even shedding a single tear. Why? Because I see richness with subtlety.  And I know, This is not an isolated case, I know I am not just saying this because I am just a fan, that is because I have seen some great actors, so  I know JCW is not lazy with his acting in relation to who her partner is.  And pls, let us not consider that Whirlwind girl drama , coz that is not a good basis of his acting capabilities, , we know that is just a youth oriented program, and there is no material for him to showcase his talents. Same thing with The KARA special drama, the material given to him does not need for him to flesh out his chracter, too,  but he just acted accordingly to what the script is asking him, no need to be over the top. 

i know you are a CYJ fan or better yet a SYA fan,, she is a hidden gem in this drama! And now I am her new fan too!, but both are great actors, both compliment each other, their scenes are always on point. No need to compare. The thing is, it is always SYA who is been constantly given a better material or scene to show her acting ability. Is It not? Is it the actor's fault? What scenes   have the writers given JH so far, ? Fighting the baddies, saving  and romancing  AN.. he does not have enough scenes to show his emotional acting, only TWO scenes I can remember: the Rania death scene and PKS confrontation scene.  . he has not been given enough material to showcase his acting ability, so it is not fair for JCW to call him getting lazy on his acting.  

I have watched all his dramas, from smile donghae to the K2.. im not saying he is the best out there, he does have some issues to work on, but he is still one of the best in his generation, but he surely is not LAZY, i just wish that with the remaining episodes writer will let us see more of his emotional acting. . He has grown, I used to find his acting before as over the top, but from Empress ki to present, he has learned how to balance it.  Anyway, we can always agree to disagree.. This is just my point... 

i agree with you with JCW acting. I am a fan of him and truthfully i started being his fan after Healer. When i watched healer i do not know who he is but his acting caught me by surprise. i cannot stop watching that drama n finished 20 eps in 2 days. yes his subtle way of showing emotion is something that i adore him as an actor. He doesnt need to yell or brawl but you know that he is hurt and you will drawn by his emotions. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I do too, it's frustrating and yet so funny. She has him wrapped around her little finger and doesn't even know it. Look how he NEVER denies her anything. He pretends to but he always ends up doing what she wants to make her happy. The beach chase and then the face mask. He now sees her as the key to his life (Hehe W nod) and happiness. She is that precious to him.

His protective side was visible since the ramen scene. The protectiveness deepened after the icecream incident when she almost died. Now whenever Anna approaches anyone, he watches them like a hawk. One mistake and he will annihilate the person. Like in episode 9 when SW takes Anna to meet the doctor, JH is stiff and not trusting but the minute he saw the doctor being kind to Anna and heard how the Dr. had been worried for her and been there for her after her trauma, he softened.

The way I read JH's character, IF something happens to Anna like death(which is his worst nightmare right now), he will go ruthlessly dark and self destructive. He will murder all the people who were directly or indirectly responsible for her death. I also think he will be very suicidal in his bid to avenge her.

I agree. I think it was not jealousy but hurt and anger that instead of coming to her after the mission(She too asked him to come back alive no matter what but we can see whose words were more important to him), he chose to go to Anna and then met up with the Offensive team. BTW I found it so funny that Anna was chumming it around with the team who are YJ's greatest weapon.:lol: Now YJ has no one to kill Anna. Her so called killing team are her friends.

LOL I never thought she looked at him with love or lust but I am still thankful to the PD's statement. Thank God the misunderstanding is cleared.

Attic is more comfortable and warm..remember the thermal blanket Anna used to deceive the CCTV.:lol: Where is my JH to cool my hot cheeks. :lol:

Blanket will cover what we want to see. #shameless :lol:

I love how JH can never say no to Anna. It just shows that he really just loves her so much. He wants to give her everything he possibly can. Even if it is granting some what 'childish' things. that is indeed sweet. Can I have a JH in my life too ^^

The bold part: i totally echo your thoughts. I feel that with regards to Raina's death, because he was framed he never really could take any level of revenge and had to go into hiding. I feel that now that YJ has sort of empowered him, through the mirror and JSS. I think he is definitely more dangerous.
 We can definitely see that Anna means so much more to him than Raina probably ever was? Maybe it is also how the drama address JH's history that I think his relationship with Anna is definitely deeper and more connected. Which is why i believe he will exploded if YJ ever did harm Anna in any shape or form.

HAHAH! oh my gosh the thermal blanket!!!! haha what are you imagining! you are making me blush!! #utterlyshameless

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

I do too, it's frustrating and yet so funny. She has him wrapped around her little finger and doesn't even know it. Look how he NEVER denies her anything. He pretends to but he always ends up doing what she wants to make her happy. The beach chase and then the face mask. He now sees her as the key to his life (Hehe W nod) and happiness. She is that precious to him.

His protective side was visible since the ramen scene. The protectiveness deepened after the icecream incident when she almost died. Now whenever Anna approaches anyone, he watches them like a hawk. One mistake and he will annihilate the person. Like in episode 9 when SW takes Anna to meet the doctor, JH is stiff and not trusting but the minute he saw the doctor being kind to Anna and heard how the Dr. had been worried for her and been there for her after her trauma, he softened.

The way I read JH's character, IF something happens to Anna like death(which is his worst nightmare right now), he will go ruthlessly dark and self destructive. He will murder all the people who were directly or indirectly responsible for her death. I also think he will be very suicidal in his bid to avenge her.

And oh don't forget about the medicine. LOL. He does not want her to take the medicine but he can't help it when she was pleading like that. He does not force her to do things as well and he does not stop her. He only does coerce her to do something when her life is on the brink of danger. We can say the she is a little bit spoiled by him. LOL... I'm also worried about this too: it seems that JH completely believes or trusts Anna. I feel like he is not even contemplating that Anna might be keeping things from him. Oh well.. we will see then..

And look how the UNCLE purposely telling Anna not to mention anything to JH. He knows JH cares. And when a JH cares, he is dangerous. JH is the barrier that will keep him from completely manipulating Anna. 

I am hoping Anna will be much stronger and wiser in the upcoming episodes. :) 

I'm waiting for the preview for too long, then after watching it, still cannot guess anything T___T  

I don't like Anna character. Why when Yoo Jin scared her, she didn't say "I will kill you", but "Je Ha will kill you". This is her revenge, her work. If she wants, she can do it herself. Why she is always a burden to Je Ha ? Je Ha is her boyfriend, but it doesn't mean that she could use him for her own revenge. 

PS: Hello everyone, this is the first time I comment, but I've followed this topic from the start. I really enjoy every discussions. Thank you for keeping such an interesting thread. I'm a fan of Ji Chang Wook and in Je Ha x Yoo Jin team :)

17 minutes ago, Trung Vũ said:

I'm waiting for the preview for too long, then after watching it, still cannot guess anything T___T  

I don't like Anna character. Why when Yoo Jin scared her, she didn't say "I will kill you", but "Je Ha will kill you". This is her revenge, her work. If she wants, she can do it herself. Why she is always a burden to Je Ha ? Je Ha is her boyfriend, but it doesn't mean that she could use him for her own revenge. 

PS: Hello everyone, this is the first time I comment, but I've followed this topic from the start. I really enjoy every discussions. Thank you for keeping such a interesting thread. I'm a fan of Ji Chang Wook and in Je Ha x Yoo Jin team :)

But it's going to be hard for Anna to do the revenge on her own. She practically does not have any power to do so without JH. Also, consider the fact that she was practically locked away for years. Just think about it. What does Anna have? Compare that to what YJ has? The disparity of their powers/abilities and resources is HUGE. That is why it is not surprising that Anna is following along with her Uncle's plans and is depending on JH.

To be very honest, if this is reality, I do not think it is possible for an Anna to be able to exact revenge against a Yoojin. There's no way she is gonna win (even with a JH on her side). 

But since this is fiction or only a drama, Anna can be expected to fight alongside JH. That is what everybody is expecting. So we have yet to see... :)

40 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I love how JH can never say no to Anna. It just shows that he really just loves her so much. He wants to give her everything he possibly can. Even if it is granting some what 'childish' things. that is indeed sweet. Can I have a JH in my life too ^^

The bold part: i totally echo your thoughts. I feel that with regards to Raina's death, because he was framed he never really could take any level of revenge and had to go into hiding. I feel that now that YJ has sort of empowered him, through the mirror and JSS. I think he is definitely more dangerous.
 We can definitely see that Anna means so much more to him than Raina probably ever was? Maybe it is also how the drama address JH's history that I think his relationship with Anna is definitely deeper and more connected. Which is why i believe he will exploded if YJ ever did harm Anna in any shape or form.

HAHAH! oh my gosh the thermal blanket!!!! haha what are you imagining! you are making me blush!! #utterlyshameless

Don't we all want a JH in our lives.:lol:

Oh yeah, he was bidding his time to get revenge for Raniya but if something happened to Anna, to hell with the cover, he will go on a warpath, destroying everything in his wake like a tornado. So far the use of the mirror has been very muted so I wonder if it will have more to do with JH controlling it and using it as a weapon. 

I personally think that his feelings for Anna are stronger and deeper because he has known loss and matured because of it. Like we saw. JH during his time with Raniya was like a dorky young boy in love but Anna is not a boy's love, she's a man's love. I don't think he will be too pleased with YJ threatening Anna either, that can potentially make him explode too. YJ has no idea who she is messing with this time. JH is no SJ to cower in front of her threats.

:phew: Don't blame me, blame the writer. He placed the thermal blanket in the attic for a reason.:phew:

12 minutes ago, meh2222 said:

And oh don't forget about the medicine. LOL. He does not want her to take the medicine but he can't help it when she was pleading like that. He does not force her to do things as well and he does not stop her. He only does coerce her to do something when her life is on the brink of danger. We can say the she is a little bit spoiled by him. LOL...

And look how the UNCLE purposely telling Anna not to mention anything to JH. He knows JH cares. And when a JH cares, he is dangerous. JH is the barrier that will keep him from completely manipulating Anna. 

I am hoping Anna will be much stronger and wiser in the upcoming episodes. :) 

Oh yeah the medicine too. He is putty in her hands truly. :lol:

I agree about the Uncle. He is smart and manipulative but I am hoping Anna will come clean to JH about what SW said to her. Transparency and trust is everything in a relationship. That applies to JH and his secrets too.

1 minute ago, Trung Vũ said:

PS: Hello everyone, this is the first time I comment, but I've followed this topic from the start. I really enjoy every discussions. Thank you for keeping such a interesting thread. I'm a fan of Ji Chang Wook and in Je Ha x Yoo Jin team :)

Because Anna is not a killer like YJ. She does not have any money or resources to kill Yoo Jin. Are you forgetting YJ is protected by JSS? And Anna has zero experience in killing or hurting anyone unlike YJ thanks to her imprisoning Anna for 14 years. Not to mention, she was raised in a nunnery, the teachings there regarding the sin of murder would be hard for Anna to forget. Ah, you think she is a burden but JeHa feels differently, so do we. When you love someone with the intensity that Jehanna love each other, you don't see them depending on you as a burden. Why can't he help her in her revenge when he has already started by choosing Anna over YJ? He made a choice when he promised SJ that he will protect Anna from YJ and any other danger till the end no matter what. Besides YJ personally threatened Anna, do you think JH will sit in the background twiddling his thumb while the evil woman tries to kill/hurt the woman he loves?

Also, I have a feeling YJ taunted her over JH being loyal to her and Anna hit her back by mentioning how JH will kill her instead. The man she places so much trust on will bring about her destruction. There's a poetic justice to it, if you think.

1 hour ago, Trung Vũ said:

Heh good point you got there, I've never thought about. Honestly wanting the man you love to commit a murder isn't really a kind thought, no matter who he is killing.

Well, if you have so much courage to get on the revenge path, than you have to be brave enough to do the job till the end, not depend on others and hope they will do your job

Please tell me more about how YJ is protecting Anna by threatening to kill everyone she loves and cares for. :blink:

LMAO, @YourHighness . - Bravo! You and I are the only ones (I think) in this thread who never saw any chemistry between Dragon Lady and JH. I feel like I should warn my male buddies: "Dude, DO NOT rescue an older woman from a burning car, she'll suddenly have the hots for you" or whatever you do, DO NOT open an umbrella for an older woman, she'll mistake it as a sign that you desire her. Pffftttttt, it's just crazy that those actions have been misunderstood as romantic. Of course he saved her, that's who he is! And yes, YJ does the same thing with other men (get up in their face, invade their personal space) that's her thing and she does it to everyone - even Anna. There's never been a question in my mind, I too have found the whole story very simple. I also laugh at the "but he was a mercenary!" stuff that keeps coming up. :rolleyes:

@Bambiina - You might be cringing a tiny bit during a few of YJ's scenes because it's the SAME EXACT expressions and threats - over and over. Nothing new is shown, zero character growth. This is my main reason for being disappointed with this character, there was so much potential for her to be awesome! But no, they had to make her a one-trick evil pony. MEH

I been saying all along that if anything happens to Anna, JH will go Rambo and kill them all, one by one - starting with YJ.  :lol:

In my opinion Jeha is not loyal to YJ but her connections, Mirror etc.  Jeha just use his pact with her for his revenge and now for Anna safety. YJ forgets or rather she can't imagine how much Jeha loves Anna and vice versa. She can't know about the force of real love because she had raised up in such an ill family. YJ trusts Jeha's PTSD but I think Jeha really could kill for Anna but at least YJ would think Jeha is very  intelligent to make do the dirty job with other person than him. But I realky think Jeha could pull the trigger if Anna is in real danger.

In preview Anna said YJ Jeha will kill YJ because Anna is a hostage there and she knows and trusts Jeha's love will make him do anything to her. And he will kill you... well everybody say this when is in anger. Empty words thanks to her hate.  But this is just my thoughts from only a nothing preview but tomorrow we get our answers. Is still not Friday? Hellllll! :D

Only 4 episodes left and I seriously need some answers... Common show, you can start from Who is K2 and what's his real name. And what happened to him, how was he "betrayed by the country". Common, the show is named K2, and we can at least expect this much right??? writernim ??? And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have tons of questions on Yoo Jin and Anna too... If this was W, K2 would just barge into writer in room, with a gun and demand his name. I can seriously picture it in ma head.

4 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

LMAO, @YourHighness . - Bravo! You and I are the only ones (I think) in this thread who never saw any chemistry between Dragon Lady and JH. I feel like I should warn my male buddies: "Dude, DO NOT rescue an older woman from a burning car, she'll suddenly have the hots for you" or whatever you do, DO NOT open an umbrella for an older woman, she'll mistake it as a sign that you desire her. Pffftttttt, it's just crazy that those actions have been misunderstood as romantic. Of course he saved her, that's who he is! And yes, YJ does the same thing with other men (get up in their face, invade their personal space) that's her thing and she does it to everyone - even Anna. There's never been a question in my mind, I too have found the whole story very simple. I also laugh at the "but he was a mercenary!" stuff that keeps coming up. :rolleyes:

@Bambiina - You might be cringing a tiny bit during a few of YJ's scenes because it's the SAME EXACT expressions and threats - over and over. Nothing new is shown, zero character growth. This is my main reason for being disappointed with this character, there was so much potential for her to be awesome! But no, they had to make her a one-trick evil pony. MEH

I been saying all along that if anything happens to Anna, JH will go Rambo and kill them all, one by one - starting with YJ.  :lol:

I'm here too I'm just bored discuss about the same thing every day. I wrote about it several times too but since I can't see other ways... :D and I will not so just because people here stubbornly want me/us to think their way it us useless to me to participate in this discuss. But I am here if you need a comrade :D

Too serious analyzis about a drama plot is not my cup. I just enjoy watching the show here and tvn :D

1 hour ago, Trung Vũ said:

10 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Heh good point you got there, I've never thought about. Honestly wanting the man you love to commit a murder isn't really a kind thought, no matter who he is killing.

Well, if you have so much courage to get on the revenge path, than you have to be brave enough to do the job till the end, not depend on others and hope they will do your job

I agree!! Very good point.  JH doesn't wanna tell her his reason why he is staying in YJ side because he said it's best for Anna not to know his plan of killing someone..  Then Anna bragging to YJ that JH will kill her..  :mellow:

Of course JH loves her and she knows that,  she knows that JH will risk everything for her including killing whoever may hurt her but telling that herself is a different thing.  Mostly in kdrama land will stop the guy on doing evil things or even it hurts,  cause they don't want their lover's hand to be cover with blood especially the blood of the villain..  It's like it's not worth it.  

Aish,  Anna I like you and JH but please love JH not just because he is your protector or some shield.  You do?  Oh well,  your words don't sound like you do.  Stop JH being murderer! 

Oh wait,   YJ somehow told that to JH right?  She doesn't really pushing JH to kill PKS...

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

let me ask AM  the only one who saw that the way YJ laugh after hearing ANNA saying " JH will kill you"

as the scene we all feared from so long when YJ tell ANNA ( you dont know anything about him after all !!! ..............)

Yes! My thoughts exactly... The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that smirk on her face...omo! she is gonna spill some beans.... !!

3 minutes ago, notohaterfans said:

Aish,  Anna I like you and JH but please love JH not just because he is your protector or some shield.  You do?  Oh well,  your words don't sound like you do.  Stop JH being murderer

Oh wait,   YJ somehow told that to JH right?  She doesn't really pushing JH to kill PKS...

nothing to add!

3 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Anna is completely right, if YJ hurt anyone that is close to Anna or even Anna herself. I do believe JH will try to destroy YJ himself. no doubt about it.

Aaahh, exactly my thought! maybe this is what the writer means about   "Anna will use love for revenge"  earlier *sigh* She use JH to destroy CYJ. apparently she will not going to kill/destroy CYJ by herself. 

i'm a bit disappointed.

Let's just hope the writer is going to reveal her dark side for once, she use all her power to destroy CYJ by herself. Just like a superhero movie, where the strongest person make the final execution (yah, i know it's not a superhero movie but heyyy, twisted plot could be more interesting!)

3 minutes ago, gyu2003 said:

Aaahh, exactly my thought! maybe this is what the writer means about   "Anna will use love for revenge"  earlier *sigh* She use JH to destroy CYJ. apparently she will not going to kill/destroy CYJ by herself. 

i'm a bit disappointed.

me as well. And after that, someone will talk about how good and pure character AN is :vicx:

Just as I thought, AN is getting the evil side out. Remember the trailer? how one minute she looks helpless and then she is burning a paper with a tough look? yup she will avenge herself. But the question is how? Using JH and that will downgrade the character very much. Using others to do your job, especially your boyfriend? Honestly isn't YJ hated for the same reason as well? in the end AN is a child of a wolf and she is a wolf as well

7 minutes ago, gyu2003 said:

maybe this is what the writer means about   "Anna will use love for revenge"

Hmm... yes in the description of the drama they do have a line which says "will use love as a revenge". I never understood what they meant by that line, then, especially who they were referring to. I remember getting confused reading that description and it was constantly bugging my mind . But I guess it was about Anna. Will have to wait for ep13 for a clear picture of the scenario though.

I disappointed with some comments. I can't believe that I'm reading this. Telling  SYA  to tone down her acting so that JCW can shine/ balance with her scenes is really wrong. It's not her fault that JCW can't match up with her acting skills. And it's not even bad if he can't. (Saying this despite being a JCW fan). He's just 29, has long way to go. It took 15 plus years for SYA to get where she is, she doesn't need to hear this. Poor woman, has to bear the brunt of portraying YJ. And I don't even know what to say to the directors if they really asked JCW/SYA to tone down their acting. Like every director wants the best of their actors to show up on screen and here is this antique one who's restricting two of the most brilliant actors of this show.  He's total weirdo. 

I seriously don't how people are interpreting Yoojin’s smile to Jeha’s pic as her lusty look. I am sure most of the members here are woman and I myself is a woman and can tell that this isn't how a woman looks when she is lusty.  I could put up picture of the same but I don't wanna come off as a pervert lol. Just Google and you'll come to know how a woman's lusty look is. God forbid if YJ’s normal smile is taken as a sign of lust then I fear for the safety of many women who smile like her.

Smiley you were so right in your prediction which you wrote on YJ on page no. 60. This-

Because based on what the drama has already given us, Yoo-Jin has been set up as a main character of this drama. There will come a time when her emotional arc will take center stage, and if people already have it in their minds that she is just pure evil/ they hate her, they won't be able to fully grasp her emotional arc and therefore they won't be able to grasp/appreciate a major part of the drama

This is what is likely happening now.  People aren't ready to accept her emotional side if the writer is ready to show now.  It's not that they can't accept but more so they don’t want to because of the hate/despise the earlier episodes have setup in their mind.

@Yourhighness:  As you say you don't see any chemistry between JH-YJ. Likewise I don't see any chemistry between YJ & VP of JSS in that particular scene. To each his/her own. You see chemistry is created something with eyes, body language, attraction (physical, emotional, verbal, intellectual, aestical). Something which I can't see between them. The ‘we click’ thing which I saw between JH-YJ in episode 2. It's like if these two get on the same side, imagine the sce   nes between them… that type of chemistry.  And no  chemistry has nothing to do with age, beauty.  It's just between two people.  Here you go: Donghae’s mom and dad!

They're not young and not remained that attractive but still when this scene came, many hearts fluttered.

https://youtu.be/5fRWgIQ7nZ8

Lol idk why my link didn't showed up. *sob* But i hope I'm able to prove my point.

@miriamdream2 Whoa! I'm in love with your posts just like I'm already in with smilebismile bias, bebebisous and fellow YJ fans. You havee a very creative mind to come up with all sorts of this theories. Wuhu..so awesome it would be to sit with you, smiley, bebebisous, anipanch and analyze every scene of this drama and of course every scene of our Madam:wub:

Just as you translated episode 13 preview, why do i think YJ wasn't threatening but warning Anna. I think your theory does hold something truth. Anna' mom has got to do something with JB group. Maybe she owns some huge amount of shares which gets passed on to Anna or if YJ's father had an affair with UHR he could have given the ownership of JB to her or her child. Aahh, this is so head spinning. 

@Trung vu: Welcome to Jejin team. Looking forward to your posts. :)

Archived