[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Yongzura said:

The conversation between YJ and Anna was quite interesting to me in this episode. 

It shows parts of the previous relationship that both women had with their fathers and what that relationship meant to them as daughters.  It was quite interesting too when YJ kept putting herself as having similar experience with Anna.  She was looking far away as though going back to when she was a young girl back then.

"Dads are all like that" " I know this since I'm someone's  daughter too, but daughters have special feeling towards their dads.  But dad are all kinds of like that.  They don't know how we feel"

There were times when I do feel like she was actually consoling herself.

The best part was when Anna fought back and said "Dad doesn't love you." and the expression on YJ's face was priceless. 

@Mayiya & @anipanch Quoted

10 hours ago, anipanch said:

I was reading the comments here, and couldn't help but post as well. Is it just me who feels very sceptical about YJ's character? most people just look at her like she is the true evil, while here I am thinking that there's a whole different truth about her. Something tells me there will be huge change of things and characters rolls. 

To be honest I didn't have time today to see the episode. I just read a little of live recap today. But I agree with you. YJ must have their reasons. I'm sure of this. Maybe she have a painful past.  But despite all this... She has reached the point of no forgiveness. She's not only a person who causes pain. She's a frightening person at this point. A person who is able of torturing this way can't be justified.

"Some suffer much in life and the people are still good. Not pain, damage is a decision. Don't do it is a decision."

You three is giving me somethings to think about YJ, but YJ character is just as we see it which brings me to some thoughts Yj will never free Anna the only way Anna will be free is once she's dead or her father is dead but then YJ will keep her around to torcher her more because thats just her character which brings me to something she said.. Her Aunt and she lived the same life Aunt left YJ her fortune now I'm wondering will Yj leave Anna her fortune I think not what do you guy's think..

@anipanch  You seem to think theres some other hidden meaning behind who she is if so thats still not justifiable reason to lock away and innocent child have her mentally torchered just because of her mother and your husband nor is it reasons enough to stay with a man that will sleep with anything that move.. Womem have a sense of freedom pride and liberation but what she's doing is setting women back to the stone ages if being first lady or living in the blue house meant so much to her why she just didn't run for office herself she has the money hell all she has to do is buy a seat like most of them do is these dramas..It's hard for me to buy this other side to her because both times I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt she has stab me in the back again.. I tell you what I do see I see a woman in a lil girls body whom is still living off her daddy trip and forcing that same trip upon someone else child the only difference is she's not Anna's real mom she's her step mom which she refuse to accept because she don't want people to know of her husband a mistress like dads mistress and son was made known to the world.. Anna will never be known to the world if she could help it.. Another trip she's own is all eyes have to be focus on her if Anna is known and being the beauty she is that will steal the spotlight off her and she can't have that..

3 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Just look at YJ .. Wakakkaka..  She is ilke the obidient puppy with JH .. Stop it .. anna has had enough... Look at YJ face kikikikiki...

i don't hope YJ character remain .. Loveeeeee her evil laughter and her 'sick laughter' ... She look like a mad case in eps 7 .. Nutcase

@Bambiina I'm starting to think Yj is angry at the end of this episode because JH done what no one else dared to do twice nobody has ever butted in on her chats with Anna and dared to tell her that it was enough and nobody ever dared to go against her orders and take Annas father to see her nor have Anna dad has went against his and Yj actions to see Anna now with JH around things has changed and he dares this..It's good in a sense but also dangerous.. Well now since dad has taken that first step he shouldn't stop at there he should keep going forward with seeing her test Yj and tell her if she moves Anna or anything happens to her she could forget all she ever hope and dream for..

5 minutes ago, jagmac24_111a said:

I think that YooJin's laughter was her way of saying that she is both being betrayed and that she is hurt for trusting Jeha (there was deep hurt, confusion, and frustration in her eyes). This is the same type of laughter that she had during the umbrella scene, and then later she began to cry. Only this time, I think she didn't cry at the moment is because her secretary was watching and she does not know how to handle the situation. She is a complicated character, but I am not sure what is going to happen next, but it doesn't sound good either way. So far, the kdrama betrays her as bad, but we don't know her real story. First, her husband cheats on her and then her father's mistress said that he didn't love her and that he knew that she was crazy, or something of that nature. Those things do bother her, but she doesn't let people see that and I think that's why she has become bitter, angry, and wants to seek revenge. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a really bad character in this k-drama. There is still hope for her, because there are moments when you do see her heart, but it is very well hidden! Someone in her life needs to help her and to care for her genuinely! I don't know how the drama will unfold, but it is not looking good, because we are at the point where things unravel and they either get worse or become better. For the shippers fans, I think you will have a happy ending and that is good, but I suppose I care about all the characters!

I might be biased in some way because I'm a JehAnna shipper. But, I do think that, yes, she might look bad to many but I agree there are reasons why she became like that. The only thing that can actually save her from being branded as totally bad or evil if she is or has been suffering from mental illness. But then, the drama actually revealed some of her past and we can guess somehow where the "evilness" is coming from and how broken she is.

Honestly, I will be a little bit disappointed if the show will make a Malificent out of her or that the drama will eventually paint her as an honest to goodness good person with all that has happened. Unlike you, who wish her to be a good person at the end of it all, I want her to be pure evil. The witch who is going to be unstoppable. The villain who will make me angry at her to no end. I want her to be the most cruel, most evil, and most greedy of all because that would make it feel more exciting and intense and make me say things like: "Uh-oh... you guys are dead... The evil witch saw that. OHMMYYYYYY!!! She is coming.. Run guys, she is coming!!!!" But don't worry I don't think the show will paint her as absolute evil. As I mentioned earlier, the drama already showed how imperfect her life was before... so... yah... and also showed her vulnerabilities.. she's still human in some ways and not a monster... :)

one thing we know from ep 7 

Anna has legal ID as GO Anna her father in the paper  probable a live  and more she may has even American ID and passport so they keeping her in illegal way , if she and JH know how to use she can walk freely from YJ and even have upper hand , so i dont think ANNA going to say the true to the reporter today but she can use the new fame to walk away from YJ hand 

p.s. and we have more suspect  in ANNA mother death , if it not YJ or SJ then maybe it the father on the paper the GO man .OMG that getting more intersting

Rating dropped because there was a baseball game airing at the same time. Koreans seem to take baseball very seriously... or so I've seen on running man. Hopefully K2 will break a new record?

lol does anyone else feel like they are purposely releasing Anna Jeha bts pics to lure us into watching the episodes by promising critical potential romantic moments?

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

He never said that they married later... she married after the affair but he wasn't explicit about CYJ.. all he said was by the time anna's mom came back, assemblyman was happily married (giving it  a fair shot with CYJ)

Will wait for that clarification though..but like i said before..if anna is not a result of extra marital affair..then these guys are victims through and through..and CYJ becomes a psycho case...

oh wait! she is a psycho aint she. in ep 1 they said she hears voices

@enigmatic_zephy This is what I thought he said Anna mom came back pregnant with JSJ child because her husband beat her because the child wasn't his.. I think when they start meeting again it wasn't that they was having and affair again it was just a father spending time with his daughter sort of like visitation.. But I do believe YJ may have started to harrass Annas mom before her and SJS got married because dad mistress said something in effect to that when she told her look what she done to the people around her.. This is why I say if YJ isn'[t happy nobody will be happy..

42 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Anna has legal ID as GO Anna her father in the paper  probable a live  and more she may has even American ID and passport so they keeping her in illegal way , if she and JH know how to use she can walk freely from YJ and even have upper hand , so i dont think ANNA going to say the true to the reporter today but she can use the new fame to walk away from YJ hand 

p.s. and we have more suspect  in ANNA mother death , if it not YJ or SJ then maybe it the father on the paper the GO man .OMG that getting more intersting

In fact that is a smart way, i rather Anna not reveal who her real father is. that why she has more chances of escaping. People may wondering why she is with YJ and not with her legal father instead.

By telling the press who her real father is, YJ may come down hard on Anna actually, really officially make her disappear.

I believe Anna would be smart!

25 minutes ago, valsava said:

@enigmatic_zephy This is what I thought he said Anna mom came back pregnant with JSJ child because her husband beat her because the child wasn't his.. I think when they start meeting again it wasn't that they was having and affair again it was just a father spending time with his daughter sort of like visitation.. But I do believe YJ may have started to harrass Annas mom before her and SJS got married because dad mistress said something in effect to that when she told her look what she done to the people around her.. This is why I say if YJ isn'[t happy nobody will be happy..

Actually about that point, yeah i am a little confuse. Anna's mother married the American while she was pregnant with SJ's baby. Then after perhaps an abusive marriage, she chose to return to Korea with Anna by then SJ-YJ were married.

So it is either, Anna and SJ had an affair, but they ended it then Anna's mother chose to marry (maybe hoping to give her unborn child a stable family but it didnt work out)

OR

Anna and SJ had a relationship and SJ was not married YET! But Anna's mother showing up, hurt YJ's pride perhaps? Maybe cause Anna's mother was destroying that fantasy of YJ having the perfect marriage and the perfect family later on and it got ruined when Anna's mother showed up. After all we know that SJ tried to give Anna a normal family life, as much as he could.

All guess work but yeah..

10 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

In fact that is a smart way, i rather Anna not reveal who her real father is. that why she has more chances of escaping. People may wondering why she is with YJ and not with her legal father instead.

By telling the press who her real father is, YJ may come down hard on Anna actually, really officially make her disappear.

I believe Anna would be smart!

Actually about that point, yeah i am a little confuse. Anna's mother married the American while she was pregnant with SJ's baby. Then after perhaps an abusive marriage, she chose to return to Korea with Anna by then SJ-YJ were married.

So it is either, Anna and SJ had an affair, but they ended it then Anna's mother chose to marry (maybe hoping to give her unborn child a stable family but it didnt work out)

OR

Anna and SJ had a relationship and SJ was not married YET! But Anna's mother showing up, hurt YJ's pride perhaps? Maybe cause Anna's mother was destroying that fantasy of YJ having the perfect marriage and the perfect family later on and it got ruined when Anna's mother showed up. After all we know that SJ tried to give Anna a normal family life, as much as he could.

All guess work but yeah..

I think it's the latter

THE FEELS FOR JH AND AN!!!!! OMG :heart:

Throughout the entire episode, I could feel JH's protectiveness over AN. It's like as he knows more about AN's past and background, he starts to feel protective over her. I'm expecting loads of knight in shining armour saving the damsel in distress scenes!!!!! :blush:

YJ is constantly giving me the chills, how could someone be so evil omg? However, when AN mentioned someone killed her mom and was in the house at that time, I don't think it was YJ though.. Like I don't know why but I feel like it isn't her. It could be someone else.. Like the big mastermind of the show. Though YJ is evil, but I think probably there's someone out there who's more evil than her.. :mellow:

The scene between AN and her dad was so touching, especially when they played Amazing Grace as the background ost. But it seems like the father's tears are fake though.. Am I the only one who felt this way? LOL. When YJ was watching them through the CCTV, I noticed how nervous she looks? Like was she scared of what AN's dad might say or something? AND HER EVIL LAUGHTER OMG. Props to SYN for that superb acting I can't even omg. She gave me the chills!!

I just cant't get over the amount of times JH stares at AN.. Like omg, you could see the emotions in his stares!!!!! GAHHHHHH :wub:

OMG THE PREVIEW!!!! "I'll protect you from now on. I'll make it so that nobody will ever be able to touch you again." I died. And omg did yall see??? JH rolled onto the roof where AN was there, LMAO SO CUTE. It's the start of something new for sure!! AND AT THE END OF THE PREVIEW THEY WERE LAUGHING WHILE SEATED DOWN ON THE ROOF!!! CUTE!!!!1!!! :phew::w00t::wub:

9 hours ago, cookiesncream123 said:

For me, Anna hasn't won me over. I get that she is innocent, but I don't find her that interesting. I am unclear about Jeha too. Why does he feel the need to save her? I don't get why he is less focused on getting revenge for his past love, and now so involved with Anna's situation... I mean, what does Anna have to do with him? There's no reason for him to promise the father that he will protect Anna until the end - as he and Anna have no relationship....The writer needs to step up his game

Totally agree @cookiesncream123  After watching good dramas lately (signal, monstar and misaeng all of which are tvn dramas), i was hoping that k2 would be at par being a tvn production.  at this point i wonder who je ha is serving, cyj, jsj, anna?  who has his loyalty.  je ha was employed to be cyj's bg (and he has some vested interest to avenge his gf/fiancee's death) but after having a conversation with jsj asking him to protect anna, his focus has shifted to protecting anna.  i get that he has compassion for the weak and the helpless but what is in it for him to protect anna?  how can anna help in achieving his objective when he could have suck it up with cyj to get what he wanted in the first place.  also the writer messed up with anna's character.  from a recluse she overcame this overnight and was able to deal with people.  i know that dramas would have flaws and i would generally overlook these shortcomings if it's a minor one but something must have been missed in between.  the writer fast tracked anna's transformation from a recluse to an individual that seems to have adapted to the real world.  let's hope that the writer would be able to turn this around.  i am still hanging on, waiting for the eureka moment (fingers crossed) and hope it doesn't go down the yong pal path.

Did anyone count how many kisses I meant CPR JH gave to Anna? Lol

JH and Anna's chemistry is very slow.... took them 6 episodes to finally meet face to face and have a proper conversation and they already kiss more than 5 times, oh my... :wub:

i love seeing JH's miserable face when he's pity Anna. It shows how much he care about her. He's already in love with her just that he hasn't realize it. Love episode 7, pretty intense and emotional. 

I thought it's quite clear that JH serves nobody but his own heart? And that's probably where the trouble lies...he overreacts where his heart is concerned. But it's this whole guessing about his allegiance that makes the story more interesting for me. I guess this is a case of different strokes for different folks.

As for Anna, maybe she isn't interesting to some people but I don't see much inconsistencies with the writing of her character. She already showed herself to be quite a fiesty child when dealing with YJ's secretary. She basically chose to live like a recluse given her adverse circumstances but that doesn't mean she can't deal with people. In the first 5 episodes, it was quite clear that she was plotting all throughout the years to escape. I'd think her mind was alert and active all those years in captivity! And watching TV all day long? She must have picked up lotsa lifeskills too... I know kids learned a lot just by watchfing TV. :lol: 

Edit point: not everything in life is black and white. Most of the time, it's quite grey. So not too difficult to understand why JH is not focused on revenge all the time. Protecting Anna is important now. If she dies, it's game over for him to leverage on YJ for his revenge plan.

1 hour ago, cmoirae2 said:

Totally agree @cookiesncream123  After watching good dramas lately (signal, monstar and misaeng all of which are tvn dramas), i was hoping that k2 would be at par being a tvn production.  at this point i wonder who je ha is serving, cyj, jsj, anna?  who has his loyalty.  je ha was employed to be cyj's bg (and he has some vested interest to avenge his gf/fiancee's death) but after having a conversation with jsj asking him to protect anna, his focus has shifted to protecting anna.  i get that he has compassion for the weak and the helpless but what is in it for him to protect anna?  how can anna help in achieving his objective when he could have suck it up with cyj to get what he wanted in the first place.  also the writer messed up with anna's character.  from a recluse she overcame this overnight and was able to deal with people.  i know that dramas would have flaws and i would generally overlook these shortcomings if it's a minor one but something must have been missed in between.  the writer fast tracked anna's transformation from a recluse to an individual that seems to have adapted to the real world.  let's hope that the writer would be able to turn this around.  i am still hanging on, waiting for the eureka moment (fingers crossed) and hope it doesn't go down the yong pal path.

Anna was a smart kid, in eps 7 writer confirm what some of us been thinking all along that there is nothing wrong with Anna.

writer has been consistent from episode one about Anna. She kept on escaping YJ clutches. Writer showed us that she tried to escape since she was young and continue till she is an adult.... Not one time but a few times. We should know already that Anna is normal despite being a captive. Only smart girl can escape like her did. Writer did not mislead us ... 

Not everyone will end up a mental case if being locked up. Some keep their sanity by holding on to good memories, some continue to hope. 

I am glad writer did not make Anna a nutcase.. :D .. 

I am very happy to see the development ... I think it's one of the most entertaining drama around. 

edit : I think saving someone lives is more important than taking revenge.. 

40 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Anna was a smart kid, in eps 7 writer confirm what some of us been thinking all along that there is nothing wrong with Anna.

writer has been consistent from episode one about Anna. She kept on escaping YJ clutches. Writer showed us that she tried to escape since she was young and continue till she is an adult.... Not one time but a few times. We should know already that Anna is normal despite being a captive. Only smart girl can escape like her did. Writer did not mislead us ... 

Not everyone will end up a mental case if being locked up. Some keep their sanity by holding on to good memories, some continue to hope. 

I am glad writer did not make Anna a nutcase.. :D .. 

I am very happy to see the development ... I think it's one of the most entertaining drama around. 

edit : I think saving someone lives is more important than taking revenge.. 

This, Anna is the most consistent character in the whole series, nothing about her is confusing, she don't go left and right about anything that happen in front of her, her wishes and dreams didn't changed and she react acording to them.

I see Anna in 2-3 ep start getting revenge on Yoo Jin, which is the most normal thing in the whole series, after all the woman ruined her life and destroyed her youth, family and mental health, she played with her like a toy.

46 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

I think Anna is faking her social phobia. I think that shows she is smart. The was she escaped proves that much. She still obviously has issues but she is also smart and has pretty good memory of the events that led to her mother's death. I wish the writers don't let it go, they actually elaborate what Anna plans on doing next. YJ obviously did a number on her but she has been slowly putting 2 and 2 together, I hope she doesn't buy her richard simmons anymore and continues to do that.

12 hours ago, cookiesncream123 said:

For me, Anna hasn't won me over. I get that she is innocent, but I don't find her that interesting. I am unclear about Jeha too. Why does he feel the need to save her? I don't get why he is less focused on getting revenge for his past love, and now so involved with Anna's situation... I mean, what does Anna have to do with him? There's no reason for him to promise the father that he will protect Anna until the end - as he and Anna have no relationship....The writer needs to step up his game.

I can see your point but when I watched ep 07 and thought the same, my next thought was similar to plappi's:

12 hours ago, plappi said:

You know what I think?
Why JH did he responds with so compassion at the unfortunate fate of the people he encountered? What was his own childhood and life before the service?

I believe we'll recieve the answer from Writernim soon!

Can't wait for today's episode!!!

@Bambiina thanks for your perspective but i am having a hard time reconciling anna introduced as a recluse in the beginning (and was what has been promoted before the drama broadcast) with the sudden adaptation to society.  granted she is intelligent, i feel like she quickly integrated despite of limited interaction with people.  i'm just not convinced that it's something that can be done instantly in real life specially if one has been in isolation for a significant amount of time but maybe in kdramaworld it can pass.  as for je ha, he should know how powerful and dangerous YJ is and is capable of making life hell for those who go against her. and here you have je ha putting his life at stake for someone he hardly knows and makes this his priority over someone he almost married.  It would be more believable to me if there is some connection (like she is family or friend) or some tangible reason other than empathy.  technically anna is a stranger to him.  what i am trying to point out is there are many subplots and issues that need to be resolved in 9 episodes. how it's going to come together in the end remains to be seen. 

I see quite a few posts trying to reason out Jeha's action. I see statements like he is a professional bodyguard and he has a mission of revenge to do. There is no reason why he should be helping Anna. TO me, isn't he human like all of us?  We all fall in and out love several times. Just because he needs to revenge for Rania doesn't exclude him from feeling for someone else. The same reason would go with why would a professional black stone mercenary be bring in his love one into his work and acted quite unoreofessional when she was working. Basically, Jeha is only human and not a perfect character. And as for why he wants to help Anna to put it simply, he may not love Anna yet but he is attracted. Do we need reasons for love?

As for Anna being interesting or not, to each and everyone we have our own pov. Not everyone loves YuJin and not everyone loves Jeha too. 

Another point is jeha' relationship with YJ. I see people assuming he has sign on total allegiance to her.  I have to say that I don't think anyone owns him. He has a hold over her with the email and taping. So she is always wary of him and needs to control him in some way. Jeha joins JSS so that he can access Park easily. ITs a win win for both but when it comes to situation, he follows his heart. So, YuJin can't count on him always being on her side.

i think if you try and cut every character as perfectly in a we can predict kdrama role, you will have a hard time accepting the developments. So, far other than illogical scenes, I think the writer has done a brilliant job with all four characters.

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

Yes, something strange in the case of the death of Anna's mother. What's so important could learn YJ about Anna's mother what Anna and mom needed urgently to escape to America? 

Archived