[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

On 02/02/2017 at 2:01 PM, minekas said:

Longer video of CH BTS, including mud fight @CallieP is this what you were looking for:)

Reveal hidden contents

cr owner

Minekas, you are a sweetheart. :blush: How did you find it? You are amazing. Can you also post this in the LMH Soompi for others to see.

This isn't it but this is fantastic. It is even longer than the one I was talking about. The one I am referring to is shorter. It had a close up of his face dripping in mud and then it had another close up shot of him and you can see him visibly shivering. It also showed the scenes of him fighting the other guys.  However, I have not seen the one you posted above. It is even more fantastic. You can see how hard he worked for a scene of just several seconds. He jumped, kicked and then dropped to the ground so many times on the mud, it is a wonder he did not hurt himself. I wonder what is below the mud, must be foam mats or something if it was solid ground, I think he would be badly hurt. He did the stunts himself and he was really really awesome. It is not so easy and he is really dedicated with no complaints.  Seeing that scene in the drama even though it was a few seconds really made an impression on me. As I said earlier. His fights in City Hunter is really the best. I don't care what anyone else says. He worked really hard to make it authentic. To me CH is still the top for action drama. I have seen a few other popular action dramas but they can't beat this. If someone has suggestions, I will check it out. Not saguek but modern day.

On 02/02/2017 at 3:57 PM, mythicalove said:

Yes, I'm sure filming in the cold is harsh and indeed, she is a new mother. Though she does seem to enjoy the filming quite a bit behind the scenes, I reckon in the cold was a little different. I mean, did you notice how red LMH's ear was? His ear was burning from frost. It was definitely freeeeezzzing cold! 

Hahahaha yes, we nitpicked the smallest things. :lol:

----------

@minekas that is seriously one of his cutest habits! I love it!!! 

----------

@hell59 I'm glad you found the location you were looking for in the blog post :)

Yes, after you said it, I checked the scene and oh my gosh, LMH's ear was so red. :o

On 03/02/2017 at 4:51 AM, Moonrain said:

Is this shot from the BTS? i dont think i saw this particular shot in the drama? 

Cr: Viki

i know what you guys mean about the umbrella scene. I thought maybe Chung was shocked/worried/disappointed?, that her wiping Joon Jae's memories was for naught because he still went through all that pain and longing, when the sole reason she wiped his memories was to prevent it from happening.

But yeah, all it took was to hug Joon Jae back and it would be enough.

Anyway, they more than made up for it with the [舔屏] [din爱你] so i'm satisfied hahaha

This particular shot is so beautiful. If it was not in the drama, it is a shame. They looked so happy together.

Someone had talked about LMH's car accident earlier, not only  was he in the hospital for almost a year and that he almost died, one or two of his friends in the car actually died in the accident. When it rains his back and his leg hurts.

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote videos.
  • Like 8

Ep 17 is on in a few minutes so I have to make it quick! I fought to stay awake last night watching ep 16. 

@minekas I love his hair swept to the side too. I think he looked drop dead gorgeous at the SBS awards. 

My choice for valentines gift either the pink octopus or pearl ring ( I love pearls).

@CallieP:  as I am still recovering from my knee surgery,   I can identify with LMH being in pain when it rains and when it is cold.  It's not a good feeling.

so we see him at the airport on the 9th or the 10th?

aaaa, it's on so I'm off!  Oh God again kdr and SW dying aarrrggghh

• Like 8

@CallieP Lee Yoon Sung is my second love:wub:, I was so fascinated by the mud fight just like you and  kept that link saved so that I could watch it often. Another BTS video, This is probably his first ever elephant ride and I love Poochai's boyish mischievousness:)

Spoiler

Now back to our game

Another cute action of of SC:)

tumblr_ohs674urjD1qfqs50o8_250.gif&key=0

Fav words of wisdom - Homeless Fashionista: "Treat her well while she's around" 

C0NRw-ZVIAA--QD.jpg&key=71fb00299f43cee5

Another cute habit of JJ-being a jealous boyfriend:blush:

tumblr_oir9ojd8IT1ulq5pmo1_400.gif&key=f

Spoiler

tumblr_oir9ojd8IT1ulq5pmo2_400.gif&key=3tumblr_oir9ojd8IT1ulq5pmo3_400.gif&key=dtumblr_oir9ojd8IT1ulq5pmo4_400.gif&key=2

cr owner/mysticalparadox/as tagged

• Like 8

I have not yet made my comments about the last episode. I would have liked more on the JunCheong couple and interactions with their new family. I could have done without the homeless fashionista or the cameo with the new mermaid. Instead , there should have been a simple wedding. There was the wedding photo so we know that LMH and JJH had to wear wedding attire to have that photo taken so they could have shown the real thing. A simple wedding or maybe a double wedding with Tae O and Si Ah with Mimi, ND, Mom, AinJoo, Yoo Na and homeless fashionista attending. Then they have a party in the house. That would have been more interesting than the mermaid and meeting the homeless fashionista again. We get to see a wedding and closure with the family and they move to the home by the sea. Then a scene with KDR and HJJ in a dream as Carolyn wanted. That would make it a nicer last episode. Don't you think? I did not really fell a need to add another cameo for the last episode. I would prefer a family get together and a double wedding. Does not have to be large. That is my only wish to make the ending even better or outstanding.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, minekas said:

@CallieP Lee Yoon Sung is my second love:wub:, I was so fascinated by this mud fight just like you and  kept that link saved so that I could watch it often. Another BTS video, This is probably his first ever elephant ride and I love Poochai's boyish mischievousness:)

N

I loved LMH as Poo Chai, so cheeky and boyish and he grew up real fast after his father lost his leg. I loved how he bawled like a little kid when his father was on the bed hurt by the mine explosion. Also his being on the elephant. Did you see the BTS where the elephant blew gunk onto LMH and he was horrified and couldn't wait to get off the elephant? Ha! Ha! It must be in the video you sent as well. I did not see that yet. Will watch that tomorrow.

• Like 6

Now things are over, I've got to admit that I was skeptical when I heard that LMH and JJH will be joining in this project. I didn't know much about JJH. I came across some articles about her and they gave me an impression that she's talented, but she tends to be distant from other people unless she already knows them and likes them before.  LMH doesn't know her before and he is a shy guy. For a co-star like JJH, I was a  concerned if LMH and JJH could get along, never thought they could be as comfortable with each other as we;ve seen in the BTS clips. JJH fans, could you please share with us what kind of person JJH is? I am curious. 

@Chellsee what episode are you at now? :-)

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I have not yet made my comments about the last episode. I would have liked more on the JunCheong couple and interactions with their new family. I could have done without the homeless fashionista or the cameo with the new mermaid. Instead , there should have been a simple wedding. There was the wedding photo so we know that LMH and JJH had to wear wedding attire to have that photo taken so they could have shown the real thing. A simple wedding or maybe a double wedding with Tae O and Si Ah with Mimi, ND, Mom, AinJoo, Yoo Na and homeless fashionista attending. Then they have a party in the house. That would have been more interesting than the mermaid and meeting the homeless fashionista again. We get to see a wedding and closure with the family and they move to the home by the sea. Then a scene with KDR and HJJ in a dream as Carolyn wanted. That would make it a nicer last episode. Don't you think? I did not really fell a need to add another cameo for the last episode. I would prefer a family get together and a double wedding. Does not have to be large. That is my only wish to make the ending even better or outstanding.

I read some comments elsewhere and realized that some people didn't get why SC had to come back to the sea. They thought she recovered from the injury, and she was loved  by HJJ, it should be OK for her to keep on living with him, and these people got the explanation after the scene with the new mermaid. So I thought this scene is not redundant .

I like your idea that focuses more on the family.  The picture of only 2 of them together, living at a place where there is almost nothing happening makes me feel so lonely and even sad. I can't associate myself with a life in a secluded, tranquil place.

• Like 7

Fav. Funny scene- Sauna scene, this is also one of my most memorable loving moments from the drama, :heart:

Our Joon Jae::

Protects Chungi from the pervy old man

Gives his blanket to protect her from cold:D

15683517_120300001237727116_970386074_n.

Protects her from water

Spoiler

tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o1_250.gif&key=ctumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o2_250.gif&key=5tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o5_250.gif&key=2tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o3_250.giftumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o6_250.gif&key=0tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o4_250.gif&key=8

Protects her from all “dangerous strategic points”

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fww4.sinaimg.cn%2Fmw690%2F938184a2gw1fayvmr13w2g20b407gnpg.gif&key=dea435d2c9bd575a9f18cfc6dfec1596eaeed3585a6ceb69ea7df45b5dcdaa0d

Spoiler

15645714_120300001247153286_701726312_n.

Gets into fights with ahjummas

tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o10_250.gif&key=

Makes the little girl cry

tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o7_250.gif&key=1tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o8_250.gif&key=b

Stops the kids from playing with “dangerous weapons”

tumblr_oikj43UfsK1r1fzv0o9_250.gif&key=e

Insists the sauna management to make very large long pants or skirts becoz the short ones are dangerous:lol:

imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-aI7WaIU6vro%2FWFqkLby33zI%2FAAAAAAAAONA%2FaejEATttwrcM7Az0cFtKrRu6iTiiC8BFgCLcB%2Fs1600%2F148233j2357.gif&key=c35850d947acf89c75cc450a03932aba9d0e4517e3afdd72c338995d82d9b48e 

Cr Minoz Selene/ ohchloe /as tagged /owner

• Like 10

Guest Moonrain
21 hours ago, minekas said:

This prosecutor's hairstyle from ep.1 is my favourite:heart:

Reveal hidden contents

-----------------------------

Gifts for Valentine's day :)

cr as tageed

He's so yummy here :wub: also my favorite next to brushed up  hairdo. 

Edited by Moonrain
Please do not quote images

19 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@babyval22  @mythicalove  

I’m not totally happy with the way those scenes unfolded either.  Were they trying to show us that SC thought this was going to be a repeat of what happened when she erased his memories in Spain, and then they met again in Seoul?   But … I thought the point was that the story would be different this time!  Eventually we got a different outcome, but not in this moment.  We relived the same coldness.

I tried to understand what the writer had in mind.  I can only think that she wanted us to focus on the words that were spoken—some of the most important words of the story.  “You could not erase you from me.”  SC needed to learn that he wouldn’t forget her if she erased his memories 100 times.  I wish SC had simply lifted her arm out of her pocket and put it around his shoulder.  Just that simple.

I also thought about a time in my own life when I lived away from my friends for a year, and then when I came back, I was dying to see them but felt insecure and a bit scared to meet them.  SC only knew JJ for 3 months, and then she was away for 3 years.  (And for the viewers, it was only 30 minutes.  Haha.)  They are fated lovers, but I guess there was some initial awkwardness.  SC thought, “You look comfortable and happy the way you are.  Should I not have come back?”  She really didn’t know what he had suffered or what he was thinking.

There is only one reason I can forgive and forget, and that is that they went out with a bang (as someone said)!

1. I didn't even look that scene with their reunion scene at the aquarium! You're right. Now that you mentioned it, it does come with similarities! 

2. I know right! I wasn't expecting anything too much. Just a simple action to show us how much it meant to her that she's back in JJ's arms. Hahahas. 

3. It could be this too. Perhaps it's all the pent up emotions and new found knowledge that what she thought for the past 3 years as to how JJ loved wasn't what she expected at all. 

17 hours ago, Moonrain said:

Is this shot from the BTS? i dont think i saw this particular shot in the drama? 

You're right. It looks like a BTS pic! Or maybe they had a photoshoot. Hahahas. 

8 hours ago, CallieP said:

Hahahs. Or perhaps they chose to do edit and photo shop the wedding pic. It can happen too. Hahahahs.

8 hours ago, TrucB said:

Now things are over, I've got to admit that I was skeptical when I heard that LMH and JJH will be joining in this project. I didn't know much about JJH. I came across some articles about her and they gave me an impression that she's talented, but she tends to be distant from other people unless she already knows them and likes them before.  LMH doesn't know her before and he is a shy guy. For a co-star like JJH, I was a  concerned if LMH and JJH could get along, never thought they could be as comfortable with each other as we;ve seen in the BTS clips. JJH fans, could you please share with us what kind of person JJH is? I am curious. 

I'm kinda curious too! 

14 hours ago, Mbenz_42 said:

@1ouise @babyval22 @mythicalove

H! I was reading all your insights on this episode and i also found  SC a little bit cold and distant at their reunion. However, I would like to believe that at that time, SC did not know what to do. I think she was overwhelmed by the fact that HJJ remembers her. It was too much for her to understand how could that have happened. As for HJJ's reaction on both reunions, if you look closely at his eyes, the first time he asked SC if she knows her, his eyes showed that he really did not recognize her and he was somewhat curious but for the 2nd reunion, you could tell from his eyes that he did. His eyes were sad and tender and you can sense that he was holding up his emotions. SC during the 2nd reunion was unsure of his reaction.  Nevertheless, SC made up for her coldness when she tried to kiss HJJ and gave us a "dirty love".

Thanks for sharing your insight and thoughts too! It's really so much fun to have a forum where I can discuss all these nit picking scenes with you guys! 

6 hours ago, minekas said:

Fav. Funny scene- Sauna scene, this is also one of my most memorable loving moments from the drama, :heart:

Ahhhhh~~~ the memories!

-------------

Another thing I thought of is that she could be somewhat disappointed that JJ tried his best to remember her. I mean, if we put ourselves in her shoes, she chose to erase his memories because she didn't want him to live so miserably if she didn't make it back alive. It could be because she just wanted the best for him and was sad that JJ had to passed the 3 years pining and missing her. So the revelation and her empathy for JJ was rioting in her mind and all she could do was to go through the motions. 

Honestly, I dun think it's about the weather too cold or sth like that. Just realised it might be silly to think of that cos I'm sure if it was too cold, they would have warmed her bare hands with gloves. I mean it was really cold that day of filming so additional wardrobe shouldn't be a problem. I  really do think that the director and JJH interpretation of how SC is taking in all that JJ was tellimg her was like that now come to think of it. It has somehow pacified me if I really put myself in Chungie's shoes and think hard about it. Hahahs. 

• Like 9

@minekas I like your your sauna scenes too. He is ridiculously funny there.  I think LOTBS has the most cuteness overload in any drama. First would be HJJ, then SC and third Tae O. It is strange for such a young looking kid (don't know his actual age) that he has such a deep voice. Every time he speaks, I think wow, such a deep voice. :). I finally figured out how to put gifs. You have to put it in a spoiler. Here are three of my favorites apart from yours. I just love the second one. His muttering is just so cute. Look at his expression. The third one where he thinks he was a hero by vanquishing 3 guys. Earlier when he kicked one gangster in the groin, he winched for the gangster's pain. That was cute as well.

I give up. When I put the gifs in, it showed but after submitting, it disappeared. I tried 3 times. It is blank.

On another note, LMH's ears were really red. It was cold. I noticed Yoona's ears were red too. I wonder if the little girl actress does not have to go to school? I did not notice the first time that the tears ran down HJJ's face when he heard that SC had returned. I noticed it today after seeing the gif that someone posted here. Really touching.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 7

http://www.ibtimes.sg/legend-blue-sea-director-reveals-his-experience-working-lee-min-ho-6976

The Legend of the Blue Sea: Director reveals his experience working with Lee Min Ho

January 29, 2017 11:21 SGT

1485660099_lee-min-ho.jpg

The director of recently ended popular fantasy drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Jin Hyuk revealed his experience of working with Lee Min Ho.

While speaking to Korean newsoutlet OSEN, as cited by Soompi, Jin Hyuk heaped praises on the lead actor of the drama. He revealed that Lee Min-Ho is one of the most hardworking actors he has ever worked with. Moreover, despite being one of the most popular stars in South Korea he is very humble.

Hyuk said: "He's always humble and serious about acting. I expect he must have been really tired during the last half of filming, but he was the one who treated the staff to the most meals and coffee. I think it was very sweet of him."

In the 2011 action drama "City Hunter," Hyuk worked with Lee Min Ho. He revealed: "What hasn't changed about him is that he's a hardworking actor."

"I would say he has grown from a star to a real actor, considering the way he would give it his all despite the cold weather and would carefully monitor his acting," he added. "I'm really thankful that he helped me out with the production."

The SBS mermaid drama came to an end on January 25 with its 20th episode. According to Nielsen Korea, as cited by Soompi, the final episode of the drama received 17.9 percent nationwide viewership.

The lead actor of the fantasy drama, Lee Min Ho is scheduled to hold a special fan meet on Feb. 18- 19 at the Grand Peace Hall, Kyung Hee University to celebrate his 10 years in the industry.

Yonhap News Agency reported that the actor is expected to unveil a side of him that many don't know as according to his agency MYM Entertainment.

• Like 13

Korean dramas enjoy huge wave of popularity in U.S.

2017-02-03 18:00

" Meanwhile, the most famous actors were, in order, Lee Min-ho, Lee Joon-gi, Lee Jong-suk, Song Joong-ki and Ji Chang-wook. Among actresses, Park Shin-hye received the most votes, with Kong Hyo-jin ranked second and IU, Song Hye-gyo and Hwang Jung-eum rounding out the top five."

Congrats to LMH.

AEN20170203007200315_03_i.jpg

Full Article - Source:  http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20170203007200315&domain=3&ctype=A&site=0700000000

• Like 12