[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

57 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

ICE created a daily motion account and uploaded all LOTBS BTS videos:

http://www.dailymotion.com/iceminobeyond

Thanks for sharing! Just a quick check, are all the additional scenes from the director's cut uploaded in her account already? I wanna re-watch the director's cut episode. I dun think I ever caught it. ):

• Like 6

1 hour ago, babyval22 said:

Thanks for sharing! Just a quick check, are all the additional scenes from the director's cut uploaded in her account already? I wanna re-watch the director's cut episode. I dun think I ever caught it. ):

She only has a couple up in her Daily Motion channel but hopefully she uploads the rest of the Director' cuts videos.  She used to have them all up in her old Youtube channel. Right now, she's busy uploading back all her videos (including clips from all LOTBS episodes).  

• Like 7

Favorite HJJ Habit: Drunk HJJ!

Isn't he the cutest? Hehehe. 

---------------

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

I wanted to talk about the post you made about Heirs. I did not know it had a strong competitor in Secrets and when it ended Heirs shot up to 25% so I believe if Secrets was not showing, It could have been 25% earlier in the drama and then shoot up to a high of 30%.

Yes, Secrets was a strong competitor and swept a large portion of the audience. It aired 4 episodes before Heirs so Heirs had the disadvantage of coming after. I followed with Heirs very, very closely during its airing so that's how I know. I have not watched Secrets but I have watched Kill Me, Heal Me, which has the same couple and I'd say their chemistry is great! My sister also said Secrets was a very good drama, so perhaps that's why Knetz loved it.

--------------

@babyval22 HJJ is a like warm and cozy place that we can all return home to on a cold winter day (somewhat quoting SC, lol). His embrace feels comfortable, sweet, and tender. After knowing him, I can't help but wish to find someone who would love me the way he loves SC. The perfect husband: that's him. 

If HJJ is warm and sweet, then Lee Yoon Sung from City Hunter is cold and distant. He's not affectionate. The way he loves is by watching and protecting from a distance. But there's something about how he struggles to protect the people he loves by not showing his feelings that makes his character deep, complex, and loveable. He is strong yet vulnerable and you can't help but want to hug him. He was raised without receiving much love and raised to carry out a revenge plotted with the cruelest intentions in mind. Naturally, he grew up to be a person who struggled to express his love in the right way. His reservedness is partly because of that and partly because he knows with his lifestyle, anyone he loves will suffer. In the end, you can't help but feel for him because he is just a man who wants to live a happy life with the people he loves but he's dragged into some of the country's deepest, darkest secrets and inevitably, he is forced to deal with it.

I'd say LMH as LYS is a much watch. Lol.

• Like 10

I'm watching behind the scenes and I can't help but laugh along with them. They have such fun times filming. 

I miss them. I miss them like crazy. 

Today is the worst! Since it's Wednesday, without LOTBS, my day feels extra empty. 

@Alice Mendoza You were wondering about the filming location of the last scene awhile back. @nika94 posted the filming location. :)

------------

*correction* The other day, I wrote the LMH hardly uses his left foot to do stunts when it's actually his right foot. Our poor boy. 

-----------

@babyval22 I don't know of any interviews where they talk about working with each other, other than the ones that have already been posted here. However, that does make me recall LMH's V-live show right before the airing of LOTBS. When he was asked who he'd choose as his best co-star, between JJH or PSH, he refused to answer and turned off the TV. Lol. :lol:

-----------

He's going to be live on Facebook on the 10th. I'm not sure what time though. Do they mean 12:30pm korean time? I want to tune in. Hehehe.

Edited by Chellsee
Please put in spoiler tag updates not related in the drama. Thanks.
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

She only has a couple up in her Daily Motion channel but hopefully she uploads the rest of the Director' cuts videos.  She used to have them all up in her old Youtube channel. Right now, she's busy uploading back all her videos (including clips from all LOTBS episodes).  

Yeah,  I noticed too! Hopefully it'll be uploaded soon! 

1 hour ago, nika94 said:

:heart: miss them..

Filming location!! 

Credit:as tagged 

Thanks for sharing!!! The last scene of the Finale, at the beach. I would love to check out the place there. Snow with beach and sea water is so pretty! 

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

I'm watching behind the scenes and I can't help but laugh along with them. They have such fun times filming. 

I miss them. I miss them like crazy. 

Today is the worst! Since it's Wednesday, without LOTBS, my day feels extra empty. 

@babyval22 I don't know of any interviews where they talk about working with each other, other than the ones that have already been posted here. However, that does make me recall LMH's V-live show right before the airing of LOTBS. When he was asked who he'd choose as his best co-star, between JJH or PSH, he refused to answer and turned off the TV. Lol. :lol:

I finally marathoned all the bts from the daily motion link. But somehow,  I dun think it's everything. If I'm not wrong, there's another bts of JJH filming as a mermaid part 2 that wasn't uploaded cos LMH wasn't in it I think. Loved the scene where they filmed underwater! Hahahs. I think it was a really good experience for them to be filming some scenes underwater. They prolly dun experience underwater filming alot. Hahahas. 

And yes, you can tell that they got closer as the filming went on. Hahahahs. The last few BTS was the best and funniest cos they were laughing so much. Hahahs. 

It wasn't a very fair question to ask at that point of time also. They haven't even completed filming! Hahahahs. Smart of him to turn off the TV. I shld go find it and watch it too! 

Btw, I want to bring something up. You guys know how much I love this drama right. Hahas. But I just have to discuss with you all this. You know the reunion scene at JJ hse and then they left the hse thereafter and JJ came out and held the umbrella over SC and narrated how he spend the last 3 years, and then they went back to his place, back at her loft room. From the beginning of their reunion right up to the loft rm before the part where JJ apologise for what he said and to take it back and wanted to lean in to kiss her before they sat on her bed..  Is it only me who feels that something feels wrong with SC or JJH's acting there? I'm not saying JJH didn't act well there but somehow or rather, after watching a few times, I'm still trying to relate to her portraying of SC at that part of the show. I dunno why but it feels that sth was a little off then. Is it me who can't understand the situation and her feelings at that point of time? Dun kill me for wondering! It's nagging at my thoughts. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

And yes, you can tell that they got closer as the filming went on. Hahahahs. The last few BTS was the best and funniest cos they were laughing so much. Hahahs. 

It wasn't a very fair question to ask at that point of time also. They haven't even completed filming! Hahahahs. Smart of him to turn off the TV. I shld go find it and watch it too! 

Btw, I want to bring something up. You guys know how much I love this drama right. Hahas. But I just have to discuss with you all this. You know the reunion scene at JJ hse and then they left the hse thereafter and JJ came out and held the umbrella over SC and narrated how he spend the last 3 years, and then they went back to his place, back at her loft room. From the beginning of their reunion right up to the loft rm before the part where JJ apologise for what he said and to take it back and wanted to lean in to kiss her before they sat on her bed..  Is it only me who feels that something feels wrong with SC or JJH's acting there? I'm not saying JJH didn't act well there but somehow or rather, after watching a few times, I'm still trying to relate to her portraying of SC at that part of the show. I dunno why but it feels that sth was a little off then. Is it me who can't understand the situation and her feelings at that point of time? Dun kill me for wondering! It's nagging at my thoughts. 

1) I can see they grew closer throughout filming as well. Their last bts compared to their first bts is quite different. They seem like two very close friends who have known each other for awhile in the ending bts. That's very understabdable, since they've been filming together almost every day for the past 5 months. I seriously love their noona-dongseang relationship. 

2) Lol, I would have turned it off too! There's nothing wrong with liking them both as costars. I'm sure he's good friends with both of them and would not like to be put in such a situation where he has to choose one or the other. 

3) I understand what you mean. I'm blaming writer park. I almost feel as though she did not act as a person who went away for 3 years and is now reuniting with her lover. Maybe I longed for SC to hug HJJ before he hugged her, or at least hug him back after his heartfelt story of how he spent the past 3 years. I actually love the time they first reunited and she spoke to him through her mind. I felt for both him and her. I thought SC's actions made sense there. However, the following scenes made me question what was going on in her mind. I'm not sure but I believe a warm reciprocation of the hug would have sufficed? Or perhaps SC apologizing for erasing his memories? Or maybe hearing her say that to her, if she could lessen his pain and instead, suffer never being recognized by him again, she would have been happy? Just anything to express what it meant to her to have erased his memories? I'm not sure what I want but I wanted more. Lol. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Favorite HJJ Habit: Drunk HJJ!

--------------

Oh, he's got another habit, which is to pinch cheeks. He did that on SC, on the dectetive, and I think on Tae Oh too

5 hours ago, mythicalove said:

@babyval22 HJJ is a like warm and cozy place that we can all return home to on a cold winter day (somewhat quoting SC, lol). His embrace feels comfortable, sweet, and tender. After knowing him, I can't help but wish to find someone who would love me the way he loves SC. The perfect husband: that's him. 

If HJJ is warm and sweet, then Lee Yoon Sung from City Hunter is cold and distant. He's not affectionate. The way he loves is by watching and protecting from a distance. But there's something about how he struggles to protect the people he loves by not showing his feelings that makes his character deep, complex, and loveable. He is strong yet vulnerable and you can't help but want to hug him. He was raised without receiving much love and raised to carry out a revenge plotted with the cruelest intentions in mind. Naturally, he grew up to be a person who struggled to express his love in the right way. His reservedness is partly because of that and partly because he knows with his lifestyle, anyone he loves will suffer. In the end, you can't help but feel for him because he is just a man who wants to live a happy life with the people he loves but he's dragged into some of the country's deepest, darkest secrets and inevitably, he is forced to deal with it.

I'd say LMH as LYS is a much watch. Lol.

@mythicalove I love your description of these characters. can't believe HJJ who used to be a womanizer and couldn't keep the relationship with any girl longer than 3 months, has become such a faithful, loving and caring towards SC.

Honestly, while watching how HJJ treated SC, I did think of how lucky Suzy was, and I googled and get an update on them. I found lots of articles about them meeting only once a month because of  busy schedule. I felt so sorry for them

You guys made me want to watch City Hunter again. In fact, I have just watched his fighting scenes. Loved them. 

11 hours ago, CallieP said:

Yes, CH, Faith and GB are different types of action that he nails. I was just thinking of a CH BTS , the scene was end of episode 1 and beginning of episode 2 where he trains in the mud. It was a short scene but impressive. The BTS of this is super awesome. You see how hard he worked to produce this scene of just a few seconds. He looked so manly, the most ever, all streaked in mud and doing his own difficult stunts. He was shivering after the shooting of the scene. It must have been cold and wet. Some poster in DB commented about LMH's fans being the kind who likes a feminine sort hero or something to that effect. She/he said JJS was more manly sort of hero. Well that person should see this BTS and then comment. Actually I should try to find it and post it here unless someone else wants to do it first.

@CallieP who is JJS ?  I came across an article a few months ago. It named LMH as one of the 2 top action actors in K dramas, and the other one didn't have that name JJS. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

He's going to be live on Facebook on the 10th. I'm not sure what time though. Do they mean 12:30pm korean time? I want to tune in. Hehehe.

It says Innisfree Singapore, so I guess it's Singapore time.

@Chellsee I am on Ep 2. Wish that I can make gif to capture the favorite moments

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

You are referring to the TV show Gossip Girls.

And here's the youtube video of LMH training for City Hunter (in spoiler).  CH is my all time favorite kdrama and was my no. 1 favorite LMH character (until Heo Joon Jae came along). It's the show that got me hooked on LMH and kdrama. 

Yes, Kris this is it. CH is also my all time fav kdrama too. It is so well made and my best action drama. It also got me hooked on LMH. I saw another BTS of the mud scene and at the end, it showed LMH shivering uncontrollably which this BTS did not. I will see if I can find that.

Thank you so much and also thank you for the Monika Setiono Daily Motion BTS of LOTBS. I am enjoying watching all of them. Love the last BTS where LMH was sticking out his tongue. So cute. Can you or someone post the gif of HJJ grumbling after asking SC to change from her short skirt just before they left for AinJoo's house as the Dubai CEO. I tried to do it but it did not work for me. Thank you. That is one of my favorite funny scenes. It was in the background and I would not have noticed it if someone here had not posted the gif. Once I saw it, I just thought he was hysterical. I also loved when he put on TO's earphone and was shouting so loud that his throat hurt ( Fav cute action)

9.  Fav scene (a) dramatic/sad

death of father, at funeral home with SC

(b) funny

realized he was the jerk, drunk, at the spa,

15.  Fav cute expression of 

a) HJJ

too many :lol:

(b) SC when she said she wanted to give him all the money she made from passing out flyers.

16. Fav stunt 

Fighting the gangsters

17.  fav loving moment too many to remember

19. Fav hug

good bye back hug, he looks so handsome and sombre

20. Fav child/teen (a) actor (b) actress

Yoona

24.  fav hair style

goodbye kiss and at Si Ah's sis-in-law lunch,

26.  fav filming location -

tower of hercules

• Like 8

@TrucB thank you so much for the clarification. I'm definitely going to be tuning in. :D

@leeminhosny sia3 said that Tae Oh said he was nervous while shooting at first but LMH calmed him down by talking about games with him. She and I were joking that it sounds like he just wanted to talk about games anyway and it had nothing to do with helping Tae Oh. Hahaha. Of course we're just teasing him because he's such a game freak. I know he had the right intentions lol. I'm glad Tae oh found comfort in LMH because we know our boy is a kind and humble person.

I wonder where @nika94 is. There's some articles and I would love to know what it's saying. Lol, sorry for calling you out and bugging you. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://m.news.nate.com/view/20170201n03668

Google translation :

[SW Planning] Breaking through the ban,  Lee Min-ho, the best Korean wave star that China loves

[Sports World = Reporter Yoon, Ki-baek] The enforcement of the "Hallyu Ban" in China has caused enormous damage to Korean popular culture. In the meantime, Lee Minho is sharing the Korean Wave in China. They are leading the way through the power of content, such as actor brand power, the synergy of luxury dramas and actors, and the appearance of local drama.

Actor Lee Minho is a leading Korean wave leader in the bright spotlight in the crisis of Korea. Sculpted looks, excellent acting skills, and good works created Lee Minho. His fame and popularity are more than some Chinese stars.

The Korean drama, "The Legend of the Blue Sea", which has recently been released, has become very popular in China, so that the Hallyu Ban can sound like a different world story. Although it was not formally exported to China, local viewers enjoyed the drama together through the so-called pirated version, and Lee Min-ho's solid fandom was brought together and it became a chance to show off the status as No.1 Korean Wave star in China once more.

This is evidenced by the SNS response in China. The Legend of the Blue Sea is one of the hottest dramas in China, and the biggest hash of the 'The Legend of the Blue Sea
' in China 's largest SNS Wei Bo has reached 4.8 billion times, which has proved the influence of Lee Min Ho. In addition, Lee Minho was ranked No. 1 on the Korean artist chart throughout the broadcast, and within 12 hours immediately after the broadcast, the hashtag was also the leading figure in both the Wei Bo drama and overseas drama popularity charts.

Not only that. Lee Ho - ho 's Weibo followers have steadily increased to over 29 million as of January. It is overwhelmingly the number one Korean star, and more than half of the population of the Republic of Korea is following Lee Minho. Also, 'Lee Min Ho's jealousy' was named as the top search query immediately after the broadcast, the second place on the hash tag popularity chart, and Lee Min Ho's green knit, In the drama, Lee Minho 's fashion and action will be poured into each one and 1.3 billion Chinese will be hot.

In this way, Lee Min-ho broke through the Hally Ban with his own brand power, leading to the popularity of drama. The legend of Blue Sea has become very popular in China. In particular, as love calls for Lee Minho in China are hotter, it is attracting attention as the most ideal model of the Korean Wave star in the crisis of the Han Dynasty.

@mythicalove I think this artcle is like topic 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TrucB said:

who is JJS ?  I came across an article a few months ago. It named LMH as one of the 2 top action actors in K dramas, and the other one didn't have that name JJS. 

JJS is Jong Jun Suk (I believe that is the right spelling), cameo role as merman. Who is the other top action actor apart from LMH? I am curious.

• Like 1

Hello lobsters 

It's a sad day in lobster land, isn't it with no episode to chat about. Will I make y'all totally jealous if I tell you that ep 16, I think, will be airing on my SBS station in 30 min! I hope I don't fall asleep!

off to watch the BTS

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

3) I understand what you mean. I'm blaming writer park. I almost feel as though she did not act as a person who went away for 3 years and is now reuniting with her lover. Maybe I longed for SC to hug HJJ before he hugged her, or at least hug him back after his heartfelt story of how he spent the past 3 years. I actually love the time they first reunited and she spoke to him through her mind. I felt for both him and her. I thought SC's actions made sense there. However, the following scenes made me question what was going on in her mind. I'm not sure but I believe a warm reciprocation of the hug would have sufficed? Or perhaps SC apologizing for erasing his memories? Or maybe hearing her say that to her, if she could lessen his pain and instead, suffer never being recognized by him again, she would have been happy? Just anything to express what it meant to her to have erased his memories? I'm not sure what I want but I wanted more. Lol. 

Come to think of it, Yeap, her reaction was understandable when she first talked to him through her mind. That was alright. It was the reunion scene where I felt Chung a little distance. Maybe it the surprise of the revelation that JJ has been keeping a diary of their memories all along and she didn't expect that. But yes, from that scene, I really wanted more reaction from Chung. JJ was so heartfelt and earnest and Chung was like..  Hmm.. She prolly felt that she would do the same thing over again if she were to turn back time and be put in the same situation. Hahahs. I didn't know what I wanted, but I wished there was more reaction from Chung at that part. Even when JJ hugged her in the end, she didn't return the hug and was just standing there. I just dun understand. Haha. But glad everything went back to normal the moment JJ leaned in for the kiss and she rejected. I'm very curious to know what others think of that scene cos I loved the last episode and just wished this part was done better. Heh. And is it writer park? I thought it was more of the director? And prolly JJH and LMH as well. I really wished they can explain on their rationale for filming the scene as it was. Hehe. 

It's just that I loved LOTBS so much I just want it to be perfect for me at least. But hey, I can see we are all objective fans here. Muahahaha! 

:blush:

BTW, have you completed your mid terms yet? Good luck with it! :D

• Like 6