[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

4 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

@mythicalove, agree totally.  Seeing MH in a drama gives a different feel and impression than movies.  In dramas, you are with his role all the way.  Its like you are feeling his every emotion with the way he portrays and emotes his feelings for every scene like LOTBS.

I feel you and I am feeling as awful as you thinking abt not seeing LMH for 2 years and his preference for movies in the next decade during his interview in V-App Live.  I guess fans of LMH are feeling the same way too but duty calls and I support him to the end.  After LOTBS and especially seeing how poised, composed, confident, elegant and GRACEFUL LMH has become during the SBS Drama 2016 Awards has really drawn me so much to him and i guess this is called the "LMH Effect".

You said it perfectly! It's the "LMH Effect!" :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 6

I want to play!! .. but honestly this is so hard. I have so many favorite scenes in this drama, i don't know which one to pick. But one favorite dramatic scene that stuck with me, even without rewatching this whole show is the scene when HJJ first met his Dad in the hospital, came home and opened up to SC and cried on her shoulders. I remember rewatching that scene many times. I was so impressed with LMH's acting, i wanted to cry with him. That's also when I thought, he is nailing this character, not only in the comedic scenes, but also the dramatic scenes. 

• Like 9

@minekas  you got it!  19. fav hug  The master list is on pg 486 if anyone needs to refer to it. I'm updating it with new suggestions.  

My picks--HJJ's hug from behind in ep 19.  That's not considered a back hug, is it? They both look so beautiful.  And, KDR-SW "hug" as they were dying.  Is that considered a hug?  Initially, it was KDR protecting SW, but I think it turned into a hug as he was dying, then as she was dying.  Ugh, I'm starting to cry again thinking of that scene.  Will I never be able to think or watch that scene without crying?

C'mon @Kris Silva play with us lol.  But, yeah, I understand, whenever i read a comment, watch part of an episode or watch one of ICE's clips, I think of new favorites.  

@gentlelily12 @mythicalove: I feel you sistas-two years is going to feel like an eternity.  I'm hoping maybe he might do 1 movie 1 drama per year.  I thought I read or saw his interview where he said he hopes to do more projects in his 30s.

• Like 8

LOBS stills from ONE TV ASIA - part 1

C3YnAk5VMAAd90P.jpg

C3YmecHUEAA_4Td.jpg

C3YnQ61UcAEmbAi.jpg

Spoiler

C3YnQ5_UMAA28LX.jpg

LOBS stills from ONE TV ASIA - part 2

Spoiler

C3YnfbdUEAA2owv.jpg

C3YnfdEVYAAy-W6.jpg

C3YnfekUkAAsPob.jpg

Spoiler

C3YnfgMVcAAh2mq.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun Shares Her Thoughts on Working with Lee Min Ho

Mermaid-out-of-water Jun Ji Hyun has been entertaining audiences to no end with her qirky habits in fantastical romance series Legend of the Blue Sea, but her chemistry with on-screen partner Lee Min Ho has also got fans talking.

Legend of the Blue Sea marks the first collaboration between the two megastars of the K-drama scene, which was one reason why the series was so highly anticipated before its premiere. In an email interview, the 35-year-old new mother divulged that it was "a little hard at first" for the two of them to get used to each other, since it was the first time that they were working together.

image-2.jpg

"My impression of him is that he is very tall, which he really is," Jun Ji Hyun said, when describing her impression of Lee Min Ho before and after actually meeting him. "It was difficult in the beginning because we were each trying to figure out how to portray our own characters."

image-3.jpg

In spite of the initial hiccups, the star also shared that the comedic scenes in the drama were a great boost to the chemistry between them. "We took some time, but we eventually became really comfortable with each other, and our chemistry has definitely become better," she said.

It is little wonder then that the pair have become one of the most beloved K-drama pairings in recent dramas! As the 20-episode drama draws to a close, it's everyone's guess as to how the ending will play out, but we're definitely hoping for a happy ending for the two!

source:

http://www.onetvasia.com/onescoop/jun-ji-hyun-shares-her-thoughts-working-lee-min-ho

More stills of LOBS from ONE TV ASIA

image-1.jpg

Spoiler

C3YtJPeVcAAkTsL.jpg

Edited by MadraRua
Please only 3 images per post, use spoiler tag for the rest
  • Like 10

On 1/25/2017 at 11:31 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

HJJ's diary :

cr as tagged

And according to Chinese translation by the poster @吉不悅, I translate to English roughly :

Dec. 2016, the day of our first kiss. I felt hopeless after meeting my Dad, and it was the first time I talked about my Dad to someone else. How many things that I first did at that day. At that day, I revealed all things in my deep heart to you, and you embraced me by my side, then we kissed. 
Do you remember ? I really thought my heart would blow up at that time. Do you hear the beating of my heart ? So, this is the feeling of fluttering.
Dec. 2016, my memories all came back, I found that the dreams unexpectedly were realities........

I am so impressed that Chinese viewers took the time to look at the diary which was not that easy to read and translate in Chinese and thank you for translating it into English. They are very dedicated fans who would read and translate the diary.

@babyval22 thanks for translating into English too.

@Alice Mendoza Viki has the director's cut 1 and 2, the whole complete version. ICE only has excerpts, the cut portions. I really like episode 1, it is so much better the the regular episode 1. They had removed quite a bit of sections so it did not move as smoothly as the directors cut. Really wish that they had increased the time and showed the director's cut. Really good. Episode 2 is great too with HJJ teaching SC how to use a chopstick and the fight scenes and running away from the gangsters were fun. They did not have the part where they showed Bruce Lee though, they removed that.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Thanks for always translating comments for us. I see a common cry for him to return back to screen as soon as possible. The sad truth is that he'll be enlisting and won't have another project for years. Saying that certainly makes my heart sink. How can I wait that long? He has become a lot more scarce in the recent years, only giving us one drama in three years when he used to do one drama a year. He spent the past two years doing movies instead. I know it's good for his career to dip his toes into the movie industry, and I'm glad he was able to show a different side of him in Gangnam Blues, but I hope he also does dramas in the next decade of his career. I can't help but feel saddened that he will do dramas less and less now, since he also said in his interview that he plans on venturing into the movie industry more than the drama industry for the next decade. His presence in the dramaland will surely be missed. 

Those comments resonate with me so well.

When will I hear from him again? I waited three years for this drama, and it came and went in no time.

How is he so beautiful? It's unfair. 

I cannot get over HJJ. I feel like I'm dying without him. 

I miss HJJ. I miss SC. I miss them! I'm saddened LMH and JJH's collaboration is now in the past. 

You are very welcome! :))

in 80% of the comments, Knetizens were asking for "Lee Min Ho's quick come back with another project".  I was so surprised while I was translating them. Because we know that he defo will be leave for MS. So why so many Knetizens were expressing impatience with LMH's comeback project and asking him rest and come back soon? Do they not know that he will leave for MS?! I think Lee Min Ho did such a great job in "Legend of The Blue sea" that they want to see him soon in another drama or movie. Hoe Jun Jae is such a well-written and charming character..

I think they cannot believe they have wait for LMH for at least 3 years. :bawling:

I think he will do a movie after he comes back because it is kinda hard for an actor like LMH to choose a drama. I believe he has become 100 times pickier after his great hit drama "The Heirs". It took him 3 years to approach the dramaland and choose a drama. I remember after "heirs" finished, numerous articles came out saying that LMH's agency has confirmed that they are receiving numerous offers. At that time, I was so happy because I tought he would be back so soon. But it took Oppa 3 years to come back. I totally understand because there is So many dramas that become total flop despited their great cast and buzz. I think nowadays it is harder for a drama to become successful. 

Of course we fans like dramas more than movie. So his absence will be greatly felt.:bawling:

• Like 8

While playing the game, I want to dedicate this post to my beloved Dam Ryung :heart:Se Hwa

Best fashoin style (best dress)  KDR & SH-pls see inside spoiler

Spoiler

16299184_1236295396463621_34012423803190l8EKqxU.jpg&key=d11032523f4e5491a70fa25a

Fav. loving moment- In ep 7, KDR finds SH in Lord Yang's store room, battered and tied up. She had cried so much that there was a basketful of pearls next to her :cold_sweat:. He caresses her face and says " I'm sorry that I came so late" He picks her up and carries her in his arms while talking to her...........

e3970d78jw1fakcu6alzsg20dd09pnpe.gif&key

Spoiler

I love this moment even more now after reading @gtLmh0622 post on page 190 :heart:thank you chingu

"Wow !!! The shootings were very hard. According to the writings by Minoz, this scene was shooting one day before aired.

It was -6 , LMH was shivering with cold and holding JJH to walk about 20 rounds.When the shootings were completed, LMH was very happy that he ran and shouted, waved the blanket his assistant gave him, very lovely. And before he left, no doubt he waved his hands to say bye to all Minoz .

Best kiss between KDR and SH-this beautiful and bittersweet kiss is my fav. :heart:

16344132_120300001817440694_415577657_n.

Spoiler

tumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o1_400.gif&key=1tumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o2_400.gif&key=6tumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o3_400.gif&key=7tumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o4_400.gif&key=6tumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o5_400.gif&key=dtumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o6_400.gif&key=btumblr_ohw3zhK4AI1tkneo3o7_400.gif&key=7

I love you MinHo and JJH:heart:

Cr Minoz Selene/kdramamaniac/as tagged/owner

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Guest Moonrain

Another fave couple moment:

1. Ep 17 - When they were in the attic / upper room and Chung confronted Joon Jae on why he lied about DR/SH tragic end. I felt sparks flying and thought they would kiss.

2. Ep18 - When they were in the car on the way to Daddy's house and Chung kisses his hand. That was so sweet :wub:

Please allow me to share my answers:

1. Fave KDR line- "This memory, this remembrance...even if it hurts, it's something that I will bring to the end. It belongs to me."

SW (teen) line-"If perhaps we got to meet in another place, I wish you would be you and I would be me."

HJJ line-"My love is longer than my lifetime" and "You may have been able to erase those kind of things, but you could not erase you from me. You are just remembered by my body and engraved in my heart."

2. Fave Cameo: Jo jung Suk!

3. Fave kiss(es): I love all these 3 kisses- stair case, farewell kiss and the "dirty" kiss

4. Fave Bromance- The conman trio

5. Fave HJJ impersonation- Preacher Geo NoAh

6. Fave OST- Windflower and You Are My World

7. Fave Epilogue- Definitely the scene between SC & CH in the hospital with that "glass of water" LOL

8. Fave Supporting Character: Male is Chi Hyeon, female is Jin Joo

9. Fave Scene

A. Dramatic/sad- KDR and SH dying :'( I also like HJJ scene in the car in the last episode after Namdoo called him about his visitor- when he said "finally" and he cried and smiled. You got me there LMH!

B. Funny- I love all the comedic scenes between HJJ and SC but the sauna scenes and the chasing in sala scene are the best

10. Fave sound effect- the "heartbeat" of HJJ

11. Fave SC nickname- Party Chung

12. Fave words of wisdom:

Yoona-"Living without money isn't a big deal at all"

Homeless Fashionista- the 3 stages of love! Is that considered as words of wisdom? Hahah

13. Fave Bromance line: From Namdoo "Although Chung didn't save me. But she protected my Joon Jae. My Joon Jae."

14. Best Fashion style:

HJJ- I love his Pilot look, and his overall look during their lunch at Jinjoo's house

SC- her outfit on their date scenes, the offshoulder jumpsuit in their chasing scene & her dress when HJJ imposed his curfew

15. Fave cute expression:

HJJ- his expression when he pinched SC's face & when he realized he was the ramen guy

SC- everytime she's doing that puppy eyes

16. Fave stunt- all the scenes underwater and the fight scenes of SC in Spain

17. Fave loving moment- Definitely the last kissing scene! They're married and having no problems at all

18. Fave villain- NONE

19. Fave Hug- the back hug

Thank you LOTBS, HJJ & SC for giving me these memories. You're my favorite drama, I don't know how many months before I can move on. I tried watching other dramas but I always ended up rewatching you.

• Like 8

@CallieP - Thanks very much for the info! Unfortunately, the entire LOTBS on Viki cannot be played in my region!! :cry:

But I managed to find it on FB!! 

Now I need help from Chingus who understand Korean!! There's a whole lot of conversation between KDR & Lord Yang & KDR & his Ahjushi friend (in the Joseon era)! Plus more conversations among the con men trio and HJJ & SC (when he bought SC pasta)!! 

Aaargh!! SBS should have shown this!!

@stroppyse - can you kindly please help translate the parts that were omitted, Chingu?? THANKS VERY MUCH!!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Do An said:

12. Fave words of wisdom:

Yoona-"Living without money isn't a big deal at all"

Homeless Fashionista- the 3 stages of love! Is that considered as words of wisdom? Hahah

If you asked me, I'd say there are no words wiser... Hahaha. 

@Alice Mendoza chingu, that's unforunate. I would love to help you out and translate for you but I'm currently studying for Midterms :bawling:. If I come back tomorrow and none others have translat it, I will give you the translation because I have access to them. 

@nika94 I agree, I think his next project will most likely be a movie. The perks of seeing them in movies is that it really challenges their acting abilities. I do like seeing him play characters that are roughed up and not so perfect once in awhile. I thought he did really well in Gangnam Blues. It was definitely great to see his range as an actor. I would like to see him break into the movie industry in the future. I am rooting for him. However, I hope he will give us dramas as well. I guess you can say I'm a greedy fan. I'm not to blame for tough, since he's the one that makes me crazy lol. 

• Like 8

Guest Moonrain
8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What I love about this favorite moments game is that it brings back memories of scenes that I had forgotten.  @MoonrainI love your choices for SC's outfits although I don't remember the pink dress which is totally my style.  Oh yeah, I forgot about Nam Do mixing up Little Mermaid and Cinderella.  I bet we were all scratching our heads and saying "huh?" lol

Another choice for 3-fav kiss--the "pop"kiss from ep 13.

Chung wore the pink dress very briefly coz Joon Jae told her to change, it was too short lol It was the scene where they were about to go to Shi Ah's house to con Elizabeth Eomma.

53 minutes ago, Do An said:

Please allow me to share my answers:

9. Fave Scene

A. Dramatic/sad- KDR and SH dying :'( I also like HJJ scene in the car in the last episode after Namdoo called him about his visitor- when he said "finally" and he cried and smiled. You got me there LMH!

Aaah, someone is with me there (the red text one). He also got me there.

The dying scene, even though it is impressive, it's too sad and painful for me. I don't know when I am tough enough to watch it again.

1 hour ago, Moonrain said:

Another fave couple moment:

1. Ep 17 - When they were in the attic / upper room and Chung confronted Joon Jae on why he lied about DR/SH tragic end. I felt sparks flying and thought they would kiss.

As far as I remember, there were a few other times when HJJ looked at SC, I also felt he would kiss her, but it didn't happen. There is something special in the way he looked at her, very sensual. 

• Like 4

Talking about #14 Fashion I am not sure if this scene qualifies the fashion definition, but I was impressed with the way LMH and HJJ pulled off these outfit. A little over the top, but there is no deny that they looked lux and glam, and they shined in each of their moves and gestures. I think if someone else even when they have the same height and body measurements, they may not be able to pull the look

• Like 5

I'm still trying to recover from my flu and the tiredness of CNY visiting. Gosh. 

And still cannot get over the show yet. Hahahs. 

I've been researching on stuffs from the beginning of the announcement of this drama and thought it was interesting how JJH and LMH initially mentioned it took them a while to become close. Hahas. I mean the chemistry between them speaks for themselves. LOL. And I think at the part where they had their press conference to the sbs drama awards.. They prolly got alot more closer cos if I'm not wrong, LMH addressed JJH as JH sunbae to noona at the drama awards. Hahas.

BTW, does anyone know where I can view all the bts that they have released from the beginning till now? 

• Like 6