[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@mythicalove chingu, Yes, Although, I have seen such tragedies in movies and dramas before, it's hard to understand the impact this particular scene had, on my life. I kept believing that the worst will happen again to JJ and SC as well. However, at least in this life they ended up becoming a happy couple. So, don't cry. HUGSC3L7ktOWcAAN4IL.jpg&key=f3e4b334d7ede5cb

cr owner

• Like 10

3.  A different Fav kiss: very sweet and unexpected

tumblr_okim55tJNl1w2zf0ho1_540.png

5.  Fav HJJ impersonation: evangelist Heo No-ah

tumblr_okim2x048J1w2zf0ho1_540.png

6.  Fav OST:  "If Only" by Se-jeong

If I am allowed only one day
If I can love you for only one day
With the unforgettable today
And memories that will never change
All of my love
All of it
I will use for you
Even my last breath

For you

8.  Fav supporting character male and female:

Nam-doo -- Because he is a good (and imperfect like we all are) hyung to Joon-jae.  (Did you predict I would say that?)

Shi-ah -- Guess what?  I can relate to her.  (Honestly, I have more in common with her than I do with a mermaid.)

• Like 10

On 1/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, Alice Mendoza said:

@gentlelily12 - Hmmm, I don't think JJH purposely restrained herself - in that scene she is SC and she's being kissed and being 'captured' in love by the person whom she loves the most and who loves her the most! Notice how HJJ is embracing her VERY TIGHTLY and there's no escape for SC (NOT that she wants to escape!) AND the way HJJ (Please put LMH and JJH the actors AWAY - in this scene, they are HJJ and SC!!) is kissing SC - he's showing that he is really INTO her and wants to be IN her and be of ONE with her, the one he loves the most, the one who loves him the most - the one whom he loves across as many lifetimes as it takes ... ditto SC ... 

Plus, as @mythicalove observed, JJH was closing her mouth - so it's like she was going to suck on LMH's tongue. (AAARGH - it's NOT JJH - it's SC and she's preparing to receive the physical 'DIRTY' manifestation of the one she loves the most and across lifetimes too...)

OH MY LAWD - Sorry, I am rambling on and on about THE KISS becaus I am so obsessed with it - and I can't quite understand why, because I have seen ... er ... far more explicit stuff outside of KDramas!!! It could be because this story is just so very magical and touching at all levels ... yes, even the DIRTY Love level!

And Writer Nim & PD probably nodded to KDrama conservatism because HJJ and SC were doing the Dirty Love after they're married - so it's absolutely natural and 'morally' right that a Husband and Wife are preparing to be of ONE body! 

It would have been more risqué if they were shown doing the Dirty Love before they got married but I am pretty sure they were already doing the Dirty Love - perhaps even on the first night when they were reunited in SC's attic bedroom! 

I need some help with understanding what SC told Homeless Fashionista about Dirty Love because it's kind of lost in translation for me - was SC saying that Dirty Love depends on the man??? Help, Chingus! @mythicalove @stroppyse @Hunter White - and whoever can help or who understands Korean! Thanks!

It's funny how the followers of this drama became too obsessed with Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho's final kissing scene. I guess it was supposed to be done that way just to increase the level of passion compared to the rest of the kissing scenes we saw in the drama. If you try to observe from the first time that they've kissed up until the final episode, there was progress in terms of the interpretation of the types of love/passion to distinguish the level of their relationship.I can honestly say that I haven't moved on from that scene. I'd like to be more objective than be subjective on how that scene was done. Kudos to both Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho that they were able to surpass one of the most difficult parts of a drama..kissing scene.B)

I suppose by now you already watched episode 20 with English sub. SC just mentioned what her homeless BFF told her before and how one's love can lead to dirty love. SC explained what level they're currently at and believes it'll progress to dirty love in the near future.:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 10

I don't worry about the professional reviewers (those paid to write a review) can't accept that they are always objective. As a fan I am expected to be subjective and I am consistent with that, but the professionals might have other reasons to for pointing out what they consider deficits in the shows. In fact I don't want them to be subjective although for several dramas you can definitely perceive their subjectivity.

I am not influenced by how others )professionals and amateurs) judge a drama I like, their attempts to influence me is like a girlfriend determined to change her new boyfriend...it just doesn't work. You end up with a facade of the person you started out with. Nonetheless, I appreciate their efforts because their opinions count to some folks. Sadly though, is that a great many people might be turned off from watching a drama based on a writer's bias and end up missing something might fully enjoy.

I like all the dramas both LMH and JJH have been in so far and their movies. I see them for their entertainment purposes and I also like the escapism I find in them. I don't need someone else to tell me how great or how terrible or lacking a drama is or was. I have been prejudiced before about certain actors because I listened to the professionals and the anti-fans, that was my loss. After, I watched the dramas and actors I was gratefully surprised at their performance, the message and the feelings I experienced. 

So LOTBS ranks as a top drama for me, I don't have a favorite because it is to subjective. Also, I enjoyed my visit with all of my soompi friends in the LOTBS fan family. I wish you all blessings!

• Like 14

Fav. Epilogue  Ep 8 ,SH asks KDR to forget her as she was going to return to the sea. KDR asks not to erase their memories, although they hurt, he wants to carry them through to the end and then he kisses her.

16344132_120300001817440694_415577657_n.

Fav. cute expression of HJJ- In ep 15, JJ's expression, when Chungs tried to erase his memory, by pinning him against the wall. He looked as if she was trying to seduce him and make the "dirty love" happen:lol:

1483629798j.gif

Spoiler

1483629798.gif

Fav. line HJJ-  Ep 19-"My love will last longer than my time here"

C2ijYHoUAAAdFAD.jpg&key=a9e523a80db82f2a

Fav. supporting character-Nam do, I'll take this opportunity to say sorry to him and thank him for being a true friend. His acting was so good that the majority of us got conned by him:D.

cr Minoz_Selene/Legend/ owner

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bukk1 said:

I don't worry about the professional reviewers (those paid to write a review) can't accept that they are always objective. As a fan I am expected to be subjective and I am consistent with that, but the professionals might have other reasons to for pointing out what they consider deficits in the shows. In fact I don't want them to be subjective although for several dramas you can definitely perceive their subjectivity.

I am not influenced by how others )professionals and amateurs) judge a drama I like, their attempts to influence me is like a girlfriend determined to change her new boyfriend...it just doesn't work. You end up with a facade of the person you started out with. Nonetheless, I appreciate their efforts because their opinions count to some folks. Sadly though, is that a great many people might be turned off from watching a drama based on a writer's bias and end up missing something might fully enjoy.

I like all the dramas both LMH and JJH have been in so far and their movies. I see them for their entertainment purposes and I also like the escapism I find in them. I don't need someone else to tell me how great or how terrible or lacking a drama is or was. I have been prejudiced before about certain actors because I listened to the professionals and the anti-fans, that was my loss. After, I watched the dramas and actors I was gratefully surprised at their performance, the message and the feelings I experienced. 

So LOTBS ranks as a top drama for me, I don't have a favorite because it is to subjective. Also, I enjoyed my visit with all of my soompi friends in the LOTBS fan family. I wish you all blessings!

I second your opinion!!! Hand of applause from me to your post! 

@minekas I love your favorite cute expression from HJJ! I love your description of it too. Hahaha. 

• Like 8

sorry to say i'm a bit late to discuss bout last kiss......i still can't get enough of kissing scene aka dirty love ..for me i think LMH n JJH had already plan the kissing scene...maybe he get permission from JJH to kiss her like that...when i saw he put his leg on her n the famous tongue..:D.. i luv JJH bcos she always cooprate with LMH ...i like all the kiss scene in LOTBS for me it very sensual ...even it just a peck kiss:wink:........ i seen many korean drama when it came to kissing scene ...they'll be so awkward n stand still did'nt know how to respond.aspecialy actress..but for JJH she is the greatest...i luv her...for LMH his the king kisser ...:wub:                                                                                                                                                                 about the fav scene in this drama....i can't choose which one cos i like all the scene between them.....but for the line i luv LMH line..."MY LOVE IS LONGER THAN MY LIFE"...:wub:                                                           

• Like 10

You know, I'm watching the marathon for LOTBS now and we have hit the episode of DR and SH dying with the flashback scene of the both of them telling each other if there are reincarnated, they will still remain themselves so that they can find each other. 

I suddenly realized that the beauty of their relationship is that even though Chung never did recall their past on her own and saw their past through MDY and it was JJ that recalled their past in the end, it was Chung, who didn't remember anything who came to find him and fall in love with him first. The promise that they made when they were young in their past life, they both did their part in fulfilling it. :wub:

• Like 16