[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

I am sorry to read that some of you are sick, and mostly because of crying when watching the last episode. Please take good care and hope you get well soon.

@Moonrain while I don't want you and me to get sick, I really want to be alone, all by myself now, free from any responsibility or commitment, so  I can re-watch the drama from the beginning in one go, and to laugh and cry all along . At the end of the story, I suddenly feel like there might be a lot of details and beautiful scenes I didn't notice before. But I haven't found a legit excuse to marathon it. <_<

To All who celebrate Luna New Year, Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!

• Like 7

My pervy (from all the posts that I read the last couple of days) Lobsta chingus

Without further ado, the favorites moments game.  There is no right or wrong answer which is why I changed the name to best to favorite moments.  You can use a picture if it better describes the moment (yeah, I know we'll see the tongue kiss lol) 

You do not have to have an answer for every item.  I don't, and you can supplement later.  Some are somewhat duplicative, but it would take me too long to try to combine them.  Thank you to all who contributed idea!

1.  Favorite (fav) line (a) HJJ/KDR  (b)  SC/SW

2.  Fav cameo

3.  Fav kiss (I think we know which is best

4.  Fav bromance

5.  Fav HJJ Impersonation

6.  Fav OST:

7.  Fav epilogue (wish we had more to chose from)

8.  Fav supporting character (a) male (b) female

9.  Fav scene (a) dramatic/sad (b) funny

10. Fav sound effect

11.  Fav SC nickname:

12.  Fav words of wisdom (a) Yoo Na (b)  Homeless Fashionista

13.  fav bromance line:

14.  Best fashion style of (a) HJJ  (b) SC

15.  Fav cute expression of  (a) HJJ  (b) SC

16. Fav stunt

17.  fav loving moment

18.  Fav villain

19. Fav hug

20. Fav child/teen (a) actor (b) actress

21.  Fav cute habit

22.  Fav cute action

23.  fav CG

24.  fav hair style

25.  fav Nam do Outfil

26.  fav filming location

• Like 11

Just now, CarolynH said:

My pervy (from all the posts that I read the last couple of days) Lobsta chingus

Without further ado, the favorites moments game.  There is no right or wrong answer which is why I changed the name to best to favorite moments.  You can use a picture if it better describes the moment (yeah, I know we'll see the tongue kiss lol) 

You do not have to have an answer for every item.  I don't, and you can supplement later.  Some are somewhat duplicative, but it would take me too long to try to combine them.  Thank you to all who contributed idea!

2.  Fav cameo

4.  Fav bromance

6.  Fav OST:

10. Fav sound effect

11.  Fav SC nickname:

13.  fav bromance line:

16. Fav stunt

17.  fav loving moment

here are my answers:

1.  (a) torn between (1) This memory, this remembrance.  Even if it hurts, it's something that I will bring to the end.  It belongs to me (ep 8 KDR to SW)  This was my favorite until" My love is longer than my lifetime so this time my love will not be over within my life" (ep 19  HJJ to SC)  (b) to be supplemented.

2.  For me no question JJS 

3.  I know everyone will chose the tongue kiss, but I chose the goodbye kiss because it was so poignant and heartfelt.  It definitely makes me cry when I watch that scene.

4.  This one was hard, but I'm going with HJJ and Detective Mimi because it was so unexpected.  Not really part of the drama, but I also loved the parody from the SBS awards between LMH and JJS-I keep replaying this; it's sooo funny.

5.  Definitely william Chung

6.  Another hard one:  Initially, I chose Love Story, then later You Are My World then @Alice Mendoza mentioned wildflower.  They're all great.  I really enjoyed the music from the drama.  It fit the scenes so well.  

7.  the scene where JJS brings SC home only to encounter a jealous HJJ.  The "click click click" of JJS's character and SC cracked me up.  

8.  (a)  Wow, a tough category Nam Do, Hong dong Pyo aka Det Mimi, Heo Chi Hyun.  If I had to chose one, I think HCH.  (b)  another tough one--Chi Si Ah aka boring girl and Ahn Jin Joo.  I'm leaning toward Ahn Jin Joo, because that character was funny and sweet.

9.  (a) Really difficult choice and as much as I kept saying that I hated watching it because it really gets to me every time that I watch it--yes, KDR/SW dying in each other's arms.  I probably will never get over that scene.  One of the most beautiful scenes that I've seen in K-drama Oh damn, I'm starting to cry again just thinking about it (b)Another toughie--I love drunk HJJ both funny and soooo cute at the end; HJJ finally figuring out that he is the ramen guy-LMH thrashing around on his bed with Nam do wondering what the hell is soooo cute; SC whispering in HJJ's ear in the library--we will never look at the library the same way

10.  The fart sound when HJJ stepped on the old man trying to get closer to SC in the sauna

11.  sway Chung or strength Chung  or maybe HJJ referring to SC as My Dummy (cute cute cute)

12-16.  to be supp

17.  Not sure this is really a stunt but SC chasing HJJ in the living room and SC pinning HJJ on the couch.  

18.  HJJ holding SC from behind-same scene as the goodbye kiss.  Another beautiful beautiful moment with our couple.  

done!  My God, I have carpal tunnel from typing so much.  

• Like 8

12 hours ago, mythicalove said:

it's become a natural habit for me to wake up early Wednesday and Thursday, to stay up late on Sunday for the previews, to see tons and tons of news articles about them, to see new BTS videos, and to see new stills. I had something I was always excited to wait on, and it became a habit of mine to expect it. Now, I have to break out of a habit I don't particularly want to. That's the hardest part about letting go. 

:bawling:+10000

Agree!! You worded what we all have in our mind.

PS  sorry for cutting  your post. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

5.  Definitely william Chung

If I have to choose one, that will be him, but I was impressed with the dumb sales man, reason: I've never seen him this dumb, though still handsome

130843037_011.gif

122536663_47.jpg

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

9.  (a) Really difficult choice and as much as I kept saying that I hated watching it because it really gets to me every time that I watch it--yes, KDR/SW dying in each other's arms.  I probably will never get over that scene.  One of the most beautiful scenes that I've seen in K-drama Oh damn, I'm starting to cry again just thinking about it (b)Another toughie--I love drunk HJJ both funny and soooo cute at the end; HJJ finally figuring out that he is the ramen guy-LMH thrashing around on his bed with Nam do wondering what the hell is soooo cute; SC whispering in HJJ's ear in the library--we will never look at the library the same way

I like all of your funny scenes, and would like to add this one for the same reason I've never seen LMH like this. 

130926314_012.gif

Source of the pix

• Like 11

10 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Here's the progression of my reaction to the entire drama.

As for me, I am heavily debating on whether I want to be SC, JJH, or suzy. Seeing that my love is for HJJ and LMH, I guess I would go with SC or Suzy. Since HJJ isn't real though, that eliminates SC. I am left with wanting to be suzy! Lol. 

I love your progression of your reaction. Hahahahs. Daebak man! 

Hahahahs.

But I really love HJJ as a character. One of the best character for me. Love how he evolved from a con artist to falling in an eternal love with Chung. It's really one of the best love story for me. 

9 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Agree, they are their characters and not them. Them kissing like that is the result of being immersed in their characters and showing HJJ and SC's passion. It has nothing to do with JJH or LMH. 

But at the end of the day, it is still LMH's tongue. Lol. I can't help but blush at seeing it. Lol. 

If Heirs proved him as a hallyu star, then LOTBS proves he is more than just a star, he is an actor. 

Yup. I never once saw them as JJH and LMH actually. Even if there was a tongue involved, I've always thought it's because they're very professional actors who are immersed in their roles and brought JJ and SC to life. Hahahs. But yes, it's just that the scene is even hotter cos it's LMH who's doing it. Hahahahs. 

Yup, I always thought LMH was an idol. A Hallyu star cos of his looks. But LOTBS proves me thoroughly wrong. His acting has truly improved by leaps and bounds. 

7 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Just...if i were JJ  i would never bought a house near sea so my wife can swimm away anytime we have a fight :wink:

Hahahs. The important point is even if she did swim away.. She will always return back to him. Hahahahs. :D

7 hours ago, Moonrain said:

i kept coming back to the kiss scene i think i memorized every little detail. i noticed that when Chung embraced Jun Jae and before he swooped in for that unforgettable french kiss, i think they both laughed then it was cut. im right arent i? so im sure there were a lot of takes. i'd really love to see the bts. dare i hope that SBS will release it? i'll pray for it :D

I thought it was more along the line of them being very loving and sweet to each other and that scene where she pulled JJ down to her was really her way of being in the moment of having their dirty love. Hahahahhas. 

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

2.  Fav cameo

4.  Fav bromance

6.  Fav OST:

10. Fav sound effect

11.  Fav SC nickname:

13.  fav bromance line:

16. Fav stunt

17.  fav loving moment

I will reply this once I have the time to run through the episodes again! Hehe. Thanks for setting the questions! 

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 20 (final)

photo813444.jpg
"The Legend of the Blue Sea" has come to and end after battling murderers, life on land, greed, lies, and the differences between merfolk and humans. Some of it was a very adorable ride and some of it was wanting. Let's take a look back at the twenty episodes of this romantic tale and the finale before we say our final goodbyes.

The last episode was a cop out, mostly with the forced three year separation that didn't need to happen. Cheong needed to heal in the ocean and nothing in me understands why she needed to erase Joon-jae's memory save to show how devoted Joon-jae was to her. The declarations of love were many and while sweet, it was very heavy-handed. I found myself wondering what happened to Dae-yeong in jail and how Joon-jae felt about the loss of his father and estranged brother. Focus on the romance left the other aspects of the show underdeveloped. This happened a lot in the latter half of the drama. If a villain needed to act up, like Ji-hyeon, he was given rage not formerly found in his character. If a villain needed to be written out of the picture, Cheong erased him, like Dae-yeong.

Read full article here>>> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-20-final--102787.html

• Like 5

have you read bad article from HanCinema??
hancinema & soompi.com are partners, they are LMH's Haters n "someone" bias.
they always hiding amazing news about lee min ho..
n now hancinema make this bad article >> http://www.hancinema.net/professional-chemistry-maker-jeon-ji-hyeon-s-guys-102794.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- they don't make article about LOTBS Finale Trending World Wide in Twitter
- they don't make article about LMH receiving thousand praise.
- they don't make article about Overseas Fans Send dozens Food Truck To LOTBS Set
- they don't make article about LOTBS TOP 1 in Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore
- they don't make article about LOTBS is getting more popular all over the globe with FanPage reached 1 M just in 1 month, parody everywhere, fan art every where, n trending topic in twitter
- and a lot of LMH's good news they are hiding

n now bad article from hancinema >>

Professional Chemistry Maker Jeon Ji-hyeon's Guys

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" was sadly, not enough for our high, high expectations. I think this drama was one of the cases where the viewer's expectation was too high and got a lot of criticism for that fact when it wasn't exceptionally outstanding.

I heard many people say they only watched it to admire Jeon Ji-hyeon's beauty and heard quite a few of her and Lee Min-ho not having the chemistry they wanted.

In my opinion, yeah… Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's chemistry wasn't the best one I've seen but I would give more points to this couple than just a mediocracy. After all, I say Jeon Ji-hyeon can pull off a great chemistry with any actors out there. Now, out of all the actors who have acted with her, who had the best chemistry with her?

read more here http://www.hancinema.net/professional-chemistry-maker-jeon-ji-hyeon-s-guys-102794.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

can you minoz unfollow n unlike soompi n hancine FB n Twitter

• Like 1

HJJ for us. This man... I will surely die! He's so silly and cute! 

I wonder what he's watching. LOTBS? They haven't had the chance to actually sit and watch it, so perhaps now they can relax and enjoy the magic they've created in our hearts? I wish they knew how much we love their show and performance. 

• Like 12

@CarolynH  I'm ready to play.  It's actually very hard to choose.  I'm going to post my choices without reading anybody else's answers.  And, I will be posting them a few at a time because I can see that I need to do a little thinking.

2.  Fav cameo:  The doctor cameo (Im Won-hee from Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim) … because Lee Hee-joon (Nam-doo) almost laughed out loud in the background of that scene.

tumblr_okhpmthRjQ1w2zf0ho1_540.pngtumblr_okhpmthRjQ1w2zf0ho2_540.png

4.  Fav bromance:  Detective Hong and Joon-jae

tumblr_okhpk5JF0x1w2zf0ho1_540.jpg

• Like 12