[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Guest Moonrain

oh my lord the ending was heartbreaking [sad] If only Daddy listened to Joon Jae [sad] 

And Joon Jae wont be able to mourn properly, looks like its Namdoo's turn to make a move on Chung.

Haist Joon can i give you a hug?

Honestly, i found Dad frustrating but i didnt really expect him to die. i thought he would be saved [sweat]

Why give us that ending writernim? do you want us to go crazy while waiting for a whole week??? Haist

@bebebisous33 Now that's something to think about. I'm excited to see what CH will do. He's pretty much the unpredictable one albeit the weaker of the villains. Nothing is final for sure though as we have seen from all the twists.

@mythicalove What CH did when he arrived home will be under speculation at least until next week. That leaves us with the question what did CH when he went upstairs. Did he leave dad to die or is he already dead and called the ambulance?

I am also wondering if they are going to autopsy HJJ's dad and get a toxicology report? That will tell a lot.

• Like 8

You know,  while watching yesterday episode, it suddenly occurred to me.. How come ND is so calm knowing who JJ real dad is? Has he known JJ was a chaebol son all along? 

There I was hoping for the show to be more intense to keep the audience and ratings and I got what I wished for, except that I didn't want this sort of intensity writer nim! 

This episode reminded me why I never liked chasing shows while it is currently on air. The one week wait is gonna be freaking torturous. 

:bawling:

Through this drama, LMH really showed me his acting chops. This is truly my fave character of all that he has played.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, kdcgtj said:

@bebebisous33 Now that's something to think about. I'm excited to see what CH will do. He's pretty much the unpredictable one albeit the weaker of the villains. Nothing is final for sure though as we have seen from all the twists.

@mythicalove What CH did when he arrived home will be under speculation at least until next week. That leaves us with the question what did CH when he went upstairs. Did he leave dad to die or is he already dead and called the ambulance?

I am also wondering if they are going to autopsy HJJ's dad and get a toxicology report? That will tell a lot.

Yup, unfortunately, we will have to wait until next week to know. The wait will kill me. 

41 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

You know,  while watching yesterday episode, it suddenly occurred to me.. How come ND is so calm knowing who JJ real dad is? Has he known JJ was a chaebol son all along? 

There I was hoping for the show to be more intense to keep the audience and ratings and I got what I wished for, except that I didn't want this sort of intensity writer nim! 

This episode reminded me why I never liked chasing shows while it is currently on air. The one week wait is gonna be freaking torturous. 

:bawling:

Through this drama, LMH really showed me his acting chops. This is truly my fave character of all that he has played. 

I was wondering the same too. Why was ND not phase at all by HJJ being a chaebol? Had he always known? 

Yes! You and I both talked before this and agreed that it would be awesome if the writer kept the intensity of the show. We didn't know what we were asking for. :bawling: I never asked for his dad to die! Whether I agreed with the man or not, I've always wanted a happy ending for HJJ and the dad was definitely apart of that. SC said the hope and despair that life gives you is that time keeps flowing so while we experience "happy endings," whatever awaits after moments of brilliant happiness is unpredictable. This was a definite foreshadow of what happened today. HJJ reunited with his mother happily. The happiness was sweet but short while it lasted. Today, he loses his father. I felt awful seeing him break down and cry out to his father that he's sorry. And for whatever reason, hearing him call his dad, "appa" tore me into pieces. It's as though he is but a little child who still needs his father. I am no good at expressing myself through words but you have no idea the agony it caused me. LMH definitely showed his acting chops. It's ridiculous how HJJ can make me cry from laughing and cry from heartache. The result of great acting! I am still deeply affected and hurt by HJJ's emotional break down. This show has done it, I will cry for a week to come. How can HJJ be so pitiful? I need to know that he is ok. I need to know they are ok. I need to see HJJ and SC together, in each other's loving arms. 

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain

i was chincha chincha waiting for a kiss at the end of this scene :crazy: it had all the feels, my gad it was the perfect time for a torrid kiss :blink: missed opportunity writernim ggrrrr. and the music was too good!!! ggggrrrrr

proxy.jpg?t=HBhsaHR0cDovL3R2Y2FzdDIucGhp

6 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

I was wondering the same too. Why was ND not phase at all by HJJ being a chaebol? Had he always known? 

Yes! You and I both talked before this and agreed that it would be awesome if the writer kept the intensity of the show. We didn't know what we were asking for. :bawling: I never asked for his dad to die! Whether I agreed with the man or not, I've always wanted a happy ending for HJJ and the dad is definitely apart of that. SC said the hope and despair that life gives you is that time keeps flowing so while we experience "happy endings," whatever awaits after moments of brilliant happiness is unpredictable. This was a definite foreshadow of what happened today. HJJ reunited with his mother happily. The happiness was sweet but short while it lasted. Today, he loses his father. I felt awful seeing him break down and cry out to his father that he's sorry. I am no good at expressing myself through words but you have no idea the agony it caused me. LMH definitely showed his acting chops. It's ridiculous how HJJ can make me cry from laughing and cry from heartache. The result of great acting! I am still deeply affected and hurt by HJJ's emotional break down. This show has done it, I will cry for a week to come. How can HJJ be so pitiful? I need to know that he is ok. I need to know they are ok. I need to see HJJ and SC together, in each other's loving arms. 

If he had already known all along, then ND is truly a great big mastermind. How can he treat HJJ like this when he has other intentions all along. Gosh. All these speculations. Let's just hope that all our speculations arent true! :tears:

I know what you mean.. As much as I don't agree with the father, I always wanted a complete happy ending for HJJ too. The show is so mean! Why let HJJ find out that he can save his dad only to let him die in the end? The irony of the whole thing is that if HJJ hadn't gone to look for his dad and planned the whole thing in silence, his dad may very well still be alive. Sighs. 

Me too, my heart went all out to him as he went from disbelief to regret.

Oh,  and another thing. I'm suddenly thinking.. Maybe ND will put it to JJ that he doesn't know where SC is and lie to JJ but in actual fact, is hiding SC somewhere. The catch between the 3 of them is that ND doesn't know that JJ can hear SC inner voice and maybe in her time of need, SC inner voice will come into play as well. Cos after all, there shld be a reason why SC will tell JJ of ND reaction when he found out that she's a mermaid. This sort of turn in the plot is making our minds all go haywire and crazy with all the what ifs possibility. 

This show better end in a happy ending for our couple. A closed definite happy ending pls. No open ending. With the amount of roller coaster of emotions we're going through, I'm not sure if take a happy open ending. 

:dissapointed_relieved::heartbreak::bawling:

• Like 9

HJJ and CH conversation in front of JJ's house

HJJ: Why did you come here again?
CH: Because you came into my house. You came like a rat which no one knew *throwing punch here and there* Why did you come to my house? Is it because you want to meet with father? Joonjae, Father said that he didn’t want to meet a son who is a con man. He said that he only needs me as his son!
HJJ: Shut your mouth
CH: Why? Did I say something wrong? It’s true that you are a con artist. It’s so embarrassing. Why did you become like this?
HJJ: Why didn’t you say anything about Father’s eyes’ condition?
CH: I have told you certainly. It’s you who ignored it
HJJ: It was caused by your mother’s action. You must have known about your mother’s actions, haven’t you? Did you just stay put when you knew about it? Why? Why you did nothing you bastard?! You said he’s the first father that you have. But what happen?
CH: Let me go. Let me go!!
HJJ: Stop your mother immediately. I won’t stay put if you do something to Father. I now knew about this and I will take action. If it gets worse than this, you and your mother will die. I’ll make sure of it

HJJ and SC conversation in SC's room

SC: Why?
HJJ: Please tell me all your thoughts that I didn’t hear and the reason why you are acting like this too
SC: The bracelet that I gave to you… when I found that bracelet under the sea, I only think that it was fated (for you and I to meet) But know I realize that it’s not fated. Since then, it’s all started all over again. I’ve always been curious about the reason why I meet with you and my decision to cross the sea to come here. But in the end, it’s because it was fated. We can’t let it happen again
HJJ: What are you talking about?
SC: You said that they live happily ever after without being sick or hurt. That’s what you told me about our past lives. Why did you lie to me? We didn’t live a long happy life. You died because of me and I died because of you inside the cold water
HJJ: How can you remember that?
SC: The day when you went to your father’s house, I went to meet with Heo Chi Hyeon and I also met with Ma Dae Young. I grabbed his hands and erased his memories. While doing that, I saw it, their memories, our last story. I also figured out the scariest dream that you told me about. That’s why I am your scariest dream, right?
HJJ: No
SC: If it is repeated again, you will take the same path/action again, right?
HJJ: No! Who will let it to be repeated again? It won’t happen
SC: You should have told me to not come here. Then every think wouldn’t start it all over again
HJJ: So, did you regret it? Your decision to meet me and to come here? All of our memories and the time we spent together?
SC: *flashback* No. I didn’t regret it. How can I regret?
HJJ: It’s the same to me. Even though I knew about the truth, I didn’t regret it. I didn’t regret that I met with you
SC: I’m scared that you will die because of me
HJJ: If… If it really happens, your heart has to keep beating. Now you know too. Even if I’m not by your side, I will love you

President Heo message to Joon Jae

Joonjae. I have wronged you. Joon Jae, what you said was right. All of my decisions were all wrong. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to admit it and why it took so long for me to realize it. I’m always missing it, the time that I spent with you and your mother. I wished we could go back to those times. Why do I ignore my feelings and live through it? Why is it so hard for me to admit my wrong decision? Now it’s too late to regret it. No, if I could turn back the time, I wished I can be the husband for your mom and be your father. That was my greed. I’m sorry Joon Jae. I love you, my son

HJJ: No. You can’t be dead yet Father. No. Wait! You can’t go yet Father. Dad!! I’m sorry Dad… I’m sorry

Note:

아버지 : Father is more formal and show a lot of respect

아빠 : Dad. It has the same meaning as 아버지 but I think it show how close their relation to each other

From my knowledge after watching many dramas, an adult sons rarely calls their father as Dad. They still call their mother as Mom but it's so rare to find/ hear them calling their father as Dad. Hearing Joon Jae called his father as Dad, it shows how he missed him and how he missed their closeness to each other :tears:

Tae Oh, please come home soon and protect Chung from Nam Doo.. Pleasee

• Like 18

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

My biggest suspicion of ND being the main villain resulted from the revelation of his past counterpart. He was the one who found ahjussi in the past and we can assume for now that he was the one who also killed him. In the future, it is however, a little different. ND is the biggest threat to our mermaid while the biggest threat to HJJ is actually the stepmother. I'm afraid that the story will take a path where HJJ completely eliminates MDY, KJY, and CH from the picture only to turn around and see his friend stab him (take this literally or figuratively, either way works). From the look of it, I believe we are traveling down that route. HJJ is inching closer to MDY and KJY and it's only a matter of time before they are put behind bars or suffer the consequences in other ways. On the contrary, HJJ and SC has no idea that they are housing a snake. I do wonder if ND will do anything to our mermaid because the ending of this episode left us hanging on that part. If he reveals himself, then great! That makes it easier for our heroes to define who's on their side and who's not. If, however, he chooses to stay invisible, that's where things can go wrong.

Do you think ND and KJY are working together?  If so, how do they know each other?  If not, why does ND want to eliminate JJ?  Does he want to keep or eliminate SC?

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Joonjae. I have wronged you. Joon Jae, what you said was right. All of my decisions were all wrong. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to admit it and why it took so long for me to realize it. I’m always missing it, the time that I spent with you and your mother. I wished we could go back to those times. Why do I ignore my feelings and live through it? Why is it so hard for me to admit my wrong decision? Now it’s too late to regret it. No, if I could turn back the time, I wished I can be the husband for your mom and be your father. That was my greed. I’m sorry Joon Jae. I love you, my son

HJJ: No. You can’t be dead yet Father. No. Wait! You can’t go yet Father. Dad!! I’m sorry Dad… I’m sorry

Note:

아빠 : Dad. It has the same meaning as 아버지 but I think it show how close their relation to each other

From my knowledge after watching many dramas, an adult sons rarely calls their father as Dad. They still call their mother as Mom but it's so rare to find/ hear them calling their father as Dad. Hearing Joon Jae called his father as Dad, it shows how he missed him and how he missed their closeness to each other :tears:

Thanks so much for the translation! 

:bawling: I felt every inch of his pain when he called out to his father, saying, "appa, I'm sorry." I said so above and I say it again, it's as though he is but a child who still longs for his father's love, his father's presence, his father's guidance and his father's embrace. To hear him call out to his father using such a dear term is truly heartbreaking. :bawling:

-----------

How I wish I can stay here and discuss more with all of you guys. Unfortunately, I will have to hold my thoughts and talk to you all later. Just know that I leave, but I leave with a heavy heart. Lol. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

HJJ and CH conversation in front of JJ's house

HJJ: Why did you come here again?
CH: Because you came into my house. You came like a rat which no one knew *throwing punch here and there* Why did you come to my house? Is it because you want to meet with father? Joonjae, Father said that he didn’t want to meet a son who is a con man. He said that he only needs me as his son!
HJJ: Shut your mouth
CH: Why? Did I say something wrong? It’s true that you are a con artist. It’s so embarrassing. Why did you become like this?
HJJ: Why didn’t you say anything about Father’s eyes’ condition?
CH: I have told you certainly. It’s you who ignored it
HJJ: It was caused by your mother’s action. You must have known about your mother’s actions, haven’t you? Did you just stay put when you knew about it? Why? Why you did nothing you bastard?! You said he’s the first father that you have. But what happen?
CH: Let me go. Let me go!!
HJJ: Stop your mother immediately. I won’t stay put if you do something to Father. I now knew about this and I will take action. If it gets worse than this, you and your mother will die. I’ll make sure of it

HJJ and SC conversation in SC's room

SC: Why?
HJJ: Please tell me all your thoughts that I didn’t hear and the reason why you are acting like this too
SC: The bracelet that I gave to you… when I found that bracelet under the sea, I only think that it was fated (for you and I to meet) But know I realize that it’s not fated. Since then, it’s all started all over again. I’ve always been curious about the reason why I meet with you and my decision to cross the sea to come here. But in the end, it’s because it was fated. We can’t let it happen again
HJJ: What are you talking about?
SC: You said that they live happily ever after without being sick or hurt. That’s what you told me about our past lives. Why did you lie to me? We didn’t live a long happy life. You died because of me and I died because of you inside the cold water
HJJ: How can you remember that?
SC: The day when you went to your father’s house, I went to meet with Heo Chi Hyeon and I also met with Ma Dae Young. I grabbed his hands and erased his memories. While doing that, I saw it, their memories, our last story. I also figured out the scariest dream that you told me about. That’s why I am your scariest dream, right?
HJJ: No
SC: If it is repeated again, you will take the same path/action again, right?
HJJ: No! Who will let it to be repeated again? It won’t happen
SC: You should have told me to not come here. Then every think wouldn’t start it all over again
HJJ: So, did you regret it? Your decision to meet me and to come here? All of our memories and the time we spent together?
SC: *flashback* No. I didn’t regret it. How can I regret?
HJJ: It’s the same to me. Even though I knew about the truth, I didn’t regret it. I didn’t regret that I met with you
SC: I’m scared that you will die because of me
HJJ: If… If it really happens, your heart has to keep beating. Now you know too. Even if I’m not by your side, I will love you

Note:

Thank you for your translation! How can the writer write such dialogues for SC and HJJ. It's so meaningful but sad at the same time. 

And with my limited knowledge of Korean, the first thing that came to my mind when I heard "apa" is pain. Hahahs. Then I heard the sorry and it became clear that he meant his father informally. That was truly heartbreaking. When he changed the way he called out to his dad. 

On a side note, I have a feeling ajusshi would also wake up soon and will be the catalyst to call Namdo out if he is truly bad in this lifetime. 

I'm also going to go to bed chingus! Continue with you guys tomorrow! Goodnight! 

• Like 5

Something is really painfully sad!!

Hoe Jun Jae has few good memories with his dads :tears::tears:and those are from when he was a kid. After Kang Soo hee came in their, he started to get parted from his dad and in his teens he also had many problems and conflict. Then he leaves house and he doesn't see dad for 10 years!!! No memories!! :tears: After 10 years, they had some unfriendly talk. Jun Jae's last talk with his dad was that intense scene where his father didn't believe him and refused his help. :tears: So jun Jae is trying 2 bring down the villains but one of these villains (Kang Soheeis) is faster and killed his dad. In the end, all Jun Jae is left with is sad and heartbreaking voice message. No last hugging! No happy reunion! No living with dad again! No going to work with his dad! No father-son picnic! No introducing Girlfriend to dad! :tears::tears::tears:

Lobstets!!! This is sad!! So tragic!!! Jun Jae didn't get to actually live with his father like old times and make happy memories again!! His father was healthy and still young!! They could live a long time together!! 

All Jun Jae had is a few happy years with dad and a sad voice message! :tears: Writer-nim!! I wish you hadn't kill his dad!

Credit: as tagged

Credit: as tagged

• Like 13

We all have been waiting to see what Underwater scene jun ji hyun had been filming that she couldn't come to the award ceremony! So after watching this episode and Nam Do's scene in that aquarium place, maybe Nam Do is gonna sell Chungie there or she somehow ends up in that place. But If Nam Do does sell her, how can writer warp the story!!? We only have 3 episodes left!! They should have extended this drama up 21-22 episodes!! :tears: I wanna see a very good happy 

The fact that Nam Do was also an orphan, maybe Nam Do and Kang Soohee are in same team. 

• Like 6

Guest Moonrain
53 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

The "abominable" step-mom.  Does anybody like this pink coat?

looks like she's dressed to kill :crazy::wacko: 

OMO I just had an epiphany LOL Could CS be the reincarnation of DRs wife that died so soon?? If somebody already pointed that out then I'm sorry!

Anyway it makes me kind of sad that orphans are totally demonized in this show....it's giving a false impression of children who are not heard and just really need love and caring. People are born good, it's society that corrupts us (of course there are exceptions).

But I'm really happy that SC is an intelligent non-damsel that wins arguments without fists and who can take care of her own business! We need more strong female characters like her in KDrama (not one that punches men and eats like a honey badger). I'm really curious of how she will handle the situation in the future. 

PS. 
Voting diligently for this awesome show at the soompi awards!! Let's make it happen chingus :)

• Like 10