[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

I love the first and last parts of EP 15, great acting from both JJH and LMH. The museum scene where HJJ made up happy ending and SC shed a tear was touching. I generally don't like "try-hard sentimental" scenes in some of the dramas/movies. The moments of silence and subtle sadness can touch me deeply.

Cuteness is overloaded...making me smile and giggle :) I think I re watch out OTP scenes multiple times. I have no complain with 20 episodes full of our OTP bickering, skinship, SC's crazy antics and HJJ's jealousy. But because the drama has chose to add thriller and mystery elements, I want that parts to be properly deal with as well.

@mythicalove completely agree. I want to have a satisfying ending, not just the romance but the story as a whole. While most people are happy with the OTP, their acting and chemistry, the main criticism I read online is the lack of compelling villains and threats. It upsets me because it's not the actors's faults, more with the writing. I hope the writer has put enough thoughts to give us good stories of the bad guys. Motivation for killing( MDY and KJ) or sudden change of behaviour (CH case) should be explained in the next episodes.

@CarolynH Number 3: I hope the writer comes up with a decent explanation why HJJ's mother left him without any contact. I find it's hard to accept that any mothers would just leave her son because of her husband's betrayal. 

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, more criticizing than praising. I love LOTBS, JJH and LMH. That's why I want it to be perfect badly. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hello Lobsters!

@1ouise:  Thank for the additional category.  I have 15 so far.

I agree @gentlelily12:  LMH is the total package.  He's just not a pretty face; there are lots of little things (for me it's that cute shyness that creeps in his interviews) that keep us glued to him.

I still have not read all the posts from ep 14 and 15, so I hope my questions have not already been answered.  

1.  Why did the Dr lie when asked if MDY visited him recently?

2.  did HJJ's mother leave him at the Tower of Hercules or when she left the family home?

3.  Am I the only one not able to forgive HJJ's mother?  I can accept that HJJ lived with the father if she believed that the father can give him the best education, secure home yada yada...  But, for the mother not to continually try to contact him or try to find out how HJJ was coping?  Sure, she placed a couple of calls to the the Dept Head Nam's wife, but why didn't she call DH Nam directly and try to arrange a mtg?  I said earlier that the aquarium is where he went on his birthday hoping to see her, why couldn't she go?  According to DH Nam's wife, the mother stopped calling once she heard HJJ supposedly went abroad to study.  Why?  Wouldn't she still want to know how her son is doing?  

4.  Not a question, but I did find it funny when the fashionista came to HJJ"s house for SC's B-day party, Nam Do put something under her so her rear would not touch the couch.  lol

I have no idea why doc lied, we need to see more flashbacks 4 that.

she left him at Hercules.

I don't think she wanted to leave her son but she's forced.

I missed that scene I remember he talked to her... 

• Like 11

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho - Jeon Ji Hyun, Mermaid’s “Introduction and Study, Completion to Love~” - 09.01.2017

C1sLL4UUUAAnKM0.jpg

[OSEN = Reporter Park Jin Young] SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” is giving a lesson on stages of love regarding to mermaids, which is “Romantic Love-Hot Love-Dirty Love”. The lead couple Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) and Sim Chung (Jeon Ji Hyun) has moved forwards from Romantic Love to Hot Love which include a heart-thumping and romantic street date, and soon enough both of them are heading to Dirty Love, which make viewers curious.

The Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) are taking their time for the viewers to review Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung’s love affair ahead of this week episode 16th and 17th broadcast. When Sim Chung and Heo Jun Jae have fully know that Heo Jun Jae is able to hear Sim Chung’s inner voice, viewers can see their pure love in the air. Sim Chung then stated to Heo Jun Jae on what she has learned on love from her homeless friend (cameo Hong Jin Kyung). She learn the stages of love, “Romantic Love-Hot Love-Dirty Love” from her friend and reinterpreted in her own love life with Heo Jun Jae, loving him with all she got.

◆ Step 1: Romantic Love!: “Hey Heo Jun Jae, Will you enjoy having fun in all vain formalities?”

The steps or having food together, drinking together, watching movies together, and so on. At the end  Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung enjoy their date on the 1st stage of love. They made romantic moments together, walking while holding hands together on the streets, eating TteokBeokki, drinking together, watching movies, playing on an arcade as a couple to be seen to public as a couple. It has not actually took a long while for Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung to know each other’s heart, but to finally announce to the public that they are lovers is something else, and they enjoy their date.

◆ Step 2: Hot Love!: “I won’t do anything, just holding your hands and sleep~”

The fact that Heo Jun Jae has known that Sim Chung was a mermaid has been revealed. From the time Jun Jae able to hear Sim Chung’s inner voice and remember the memory that Sim Chung has erased, the relationship between the two has been confirmed to be extraordinary. Gone is the pureness of “Romantic Love”, they have gone to the stage of “Hot Love”, loving each other deeper and trusting each other deeper by faith. The “Love Index” of the couple has soared high. Viewers might have remember when Heo Jun Jae gives Sim Chung a pair of boots to prevent her feet to get wet due to the rain, while also preparing an umbrella. Meanwhile, Sim Chung previously tried to erase Heo Jun Jae short memory and pinned him by the wall, in which Heo Jun Jae almost couldn’t get away. The two created a strange, romantic yet sweet aura that warm viewers.

◆ Step 3: Dirty Love! “It’s only for professionals!”

The last step is the one Sim Chung yearn the most, in which she knew that it’ll a step where a couple can ended badly if both of them approach in a bad way. In the part era, mermaid Se Hwa (Jeon Ji Hyun) and Kim Dam Ryeong (Lee Min Ho) had to die together, it was an inevitable choice since they couldn’t stop loving each other and ended up having a sad ending. However, Heo Jun Jae lied to Sim Chung when the told her the story of Se Hwa and Dam Ryeong, saying that “The two live happily forever, having many beautiful kids and raising them beautifully~”.His answer broke viewer’s hearts as a realization that Sim Chung couldn’t endure to stay on dry land for too long, Viewers are wondering if their “Dirty Love” will end beautifully and happily, or will the past be repeated.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” representatives stated “Please continue to watch the Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung’s romance, and how the fate of the two brought them from ‘Hot Love’ towards 'Dirty Love’ with a lot of interest and support~” Meanwhile, the Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) itself is a fantasy romance filled with laughter and fun. The drama also have unpredictable events as the very last mermaid on the planet will meet the con-artist and will have trouble adapting to the human life, There will be a connection tying their past that will cross over to the future as the story unfold. The story line was promised to give the audience a brand new experience.

Meanwhile, the next, 16th episode of SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” will be broadcasted on Wednesday, 11th of January on 10 PM KST. /parkjy@osen.co.kr

http://monikaleeminho.tumblr.com/post/155605668230/legend-of-the-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-jeon-ji

• Like 13

Hiya Lobsters!

Soompi awards:  I did my duty and voted for everything LBS!  I wish it listed the percentage in addition to who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  

HJJ's father needs a class in sensitivity.  Don't start talking about HJJ when CH comes to visit, or at least thank CH for coming to visit.  Hello?!  I think anyone would be hurt.

I've mentioned that I'm also following LBS on my local SBS station.  Ep 9 and 10 aired last week.   to my dismay, HJJ's drunk scene was cut, I assume because they had to fit in the commercials.:tears:  I was disappointed because it's one of my favorite scenes!

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

“Legend of the Blue Sea” representatives stated “Please continue to watch the Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung’s romance, and how the fate of the two brought them from ‘Hot Love’ towards 'Dirty Love’ with a lot of interest and support~” 

Do you all understand?:w00t: hahah everyone wait dirty love 

• Like 9

Guest Moonrain
1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho - Jeon Ji Hyun, Mermaid’s “Introduction and Study, Completion to Love~” - 09.01.2017

[OSEN = Reporter Park Jin Young] SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” is giving a lesson on stages of love regarding to mermaids, which is “Romantic Love-Hot Love-Dirty Love”. The lead couple Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) and Sim Chung (Jeon Ji Hyun) has moved forwards from Romantic Love to Hot Love which include a heart-thumping and romantic street date, and soon enough both of them are heading to Dirty Love, which make viewers curious.

The Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) are taking their time for the viewers to review Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung’s love affair ahead of this week episode 16th and 17th broadcast. When Sim Chung and Heo Jun Jae have fully know that Heo Jun Jae is able to hear Sim Chung’s inner voice, viewers can see their pure love in the air. Sim Chung then stated to Heo Jun Jae on what she has learned on love from her homeless friend (cameo Hong Jin Kyung). She learn the stages of love, “Romantic Love-Hot Love-Dirty Love” from her friend and reinterpreted in her own love life with Heo Jun Jae, loving him with all she got.

◆ Step 1: Romantic Love!: “Hey Heo Jun Jae, Will you enjoy having fun in all vain formalities?”

The steps or having food together, drinking together, watching movies together, and so on. At the end  Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung enjoy their date on the 1st stage of love. They made romantic moments together, walking while holding hands together on the streets, eating TteokBeokki, drinking together, watching movies, playing on an arcade as a couple to be seen to public as a couple. It has not actually took a long while for Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung to know each other’s heart, but to finally announce to the public that they are lovers is something else, and they enjoy their date.

◆ Step 2: Hot Love!: “I won’t do anything, just holding your hands and sleep~”

The fact that Heo Jun Jae has known that Sim Chung was a mermaid has been revealed. From the time Jun Jae able to hear Sim Chung’s inner voice and remember the memory that Sim Chung has erased, the relationship between the two has been confirmed to be extraordinary. Gone is the pureness of “Romantic Love”, they have gone to the stage of “Hot Love”, loving each other deeper and trusting each other deeper by faith. The “Love Index” of the couple has soared high. Viewers might have remember when Heo Jun Jae gives Sim Chung a pair of boots to prevent her feet to get wet due to the rain, while also preparing an umbrella. Meanwhile, Sim Chung previously tried to erase Heo Jun Jae short memory and pinned him by the wall, in which Heo Jun Jae almost couldn’t get away. The two created a strange, romantic yet sweet aura that warm viewers.

◆ Step 3: Dirty Love! “It’s only for professionals!”

The last step is the one Sim Chung yearn the most, in which she knew that it’ll a step where a couple can ended badly if both of them approach in a bad way. In the part era, mermaid Se Hwa (Jeon Ji Hyun) and Kim Dam Ryeong (Lee Min Ho) had to die together, it was an inevitable choice since they couldn’t stop loving each other and ended up having a sad ending. However, Heo Jun Jae lied to Sim Chung when the told her the story of Se Hwa and Dam Ryeong, saying that “The two live happily forever, having many beautiful kids and raising them beautifully~”.His answer broke viewer’s hearts as a realization that Sim Chung couldn’t endure to stay on dry land for too long, Viewers are wondering if their “Dirty Love” will end beautifully and happily, or will the past be repeated.

Reveal hidden contents

“Legend of the Blue Sea” representatives stated “Please continue to watch the Heo Jun Jae and Sim Chung’s romance, and how the fate of the two brought them from ‘Hot Love’ towards 'Dirty Love’ with a lot of interest and support~” Meanwhile, the Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) itself is a fantasy romance filled with laughter and fun. The drama also have unpredictable events as the very last mermaid on the planet will meet the con-artist and will have trouble adapting to the human life, There will be a connection tying their past that will cross over to the future as the story unfold. The story line was promised to give the audience a brand new experience.

Meanwhile, the next, 16th episode of SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” will be broadcasted on Wednesday, 11th of January on 10 PM KST. /parkjy@osen.co.kr

http://monikaleeminho.tumblr.com/post/155605668230/legend-of-the-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-jeon-ji

Thats what they meant by hot love? I thought it would be sizzling and steamier...

now i dont know what to expect with dirty love lol

I also hope we get some explanation next episode (which we will i think) with regards to mom leaving Joon ( i like calling him joon, reminds me of joon pyo hehe) then go into hiding. Mom seems to be feisty but it bugs me that she didn't even fight for her marriage and family. 

Right now, I couldn't care less about dad. He ruined his marriage and allowed Joon to leave the house and didn't even so much as contact for 10 years until he decided he's ready to give off some inheritance??? Hmph 

That said, cant wait for the preview to come out today! 

Edited by Moonrain
Please do not quote images/videos.

16 minutes ago, Moonrain said:

Thats what they meant by hot love? I thought it would be sizzling and steamier...

now i dont know what to expect with dirty love lol

Hi :))

LOLLL :D  I agree with you!! 

I was actually waiting for HOT love to come! :D I think we cannot expect more from Kdramas in regards to "Hot Love". But the way they talked about hot love in the previous articles, I really expected "hot love" :D  This is Kdrama after all! :)) We all know to what extend they go. 

• Like 11

recently start to watch this LOBS and fall in love with the actors. LMH and JJH are great actors and that's what makes this drama so attractive. I admire JJH's dedication to her career, she is really fit for this role and makes LMH shine even more.

A lot of post/pictures all about LMH, he is great! but a project cannot be successfully without a great partnership of OTP. love them both and love to see them on screen. The screen love them. They make each other shine with their experience acting skills. Cannot believe that this drama will be ending in 3 weeks, little sad but very excited too.

looking forward to it! 

• Like 15