[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

11 hours ago, nika94 said:

TODAY's EPISODE was GREAT!!!! 

About 928 Comments Already!! :D  They should be sleeping in South Korea. But it seems like Legend of The Blue sea has been a big HIT today! :))

Knetizens were surprised by JJ's Step brother Sudden change! The writer has really Made such a big Change in the drama. Mostly, it was thought that JJ's step brother is a good person. But Now, Kentizens mostly call him "Scary Character".  928 COMMENTS already!!!!! :D

"

Credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000690698&gid=999339&cid=1053309

@nika94 the 928 comments, is it from entertain.naver.com?

• Like 2

TEXT PREVIEW 15:

Rough translate by me:

After simchung knows that junjae can hear her inner voices, Junjae cant hide his worries and he try to tell simchung about his dream.

while simchung prepare for her own birthday party, and she invites all her close friends.

Text preview in hangul:

Spoiler

[수목드라마 푸른 바다의 전설 예고] 5일 15회 방송
오늘(5일) 방송되는 SBS 수목드라마 '푸른 바다의 전설' 15회 예고가 공개됐다.

SBS '푸른 바다의 전설' 홈페이지에 따르면 청이의 시한부 심장에 대해 알게 된 준재는 참담한 마음을 감추지 못하고 자신이 꾸는 꿈에 대해 이야기를 해주려 한다.

청이는 자신의 생일을 정하고 친하게 지내던 친구들을 모두 초대한다. 5일 오후 10시 방송. 홍지예기자/
사진=SBS '푸른 바다의 전설' 포스터([수목드라마 푸른 바다의 전설 예고] 5일 15회 방송분)

Source:

http://mm.joongboo.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=1134311

• Like 17

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

@nika94 the 928 comments, is it from entertain.naver.com?

Hi :))

If you click on the link that I have already shared, you will see the number of comments. I just checked again. Now the number of comments is around 1140. The comments are below that article

Credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000690698&gid=999339&cid=1053309

• Like 5

4 hours ago, briseis said:

The Sole Desire of Mermaid’s Heart

“You hear my voice? When did you start hearing it? When did you start hearing it?” - Shim Chung

“You said your heart will stop. You said you’re going to die. Why are you going to die?!” - Joon Jae

What a poignant moment?! So raw, intense and brutally honest! Joon Jae and Shim Chung both learn the truth, all fo it. For the mermaid it means the mind-blowing revelation that the man she loves has been aware of her being a mermaid, yet he hasn’t run away nor has he abandoned her. However, to Joon Jae it must seem like his worst nightmare coming true as he learns the terrible, full extent of loving a mermaid - HIS DEATH WOULD LITERALLY CAUSE HER OWN. Just like the air she breathes HE AND HIS LOVE ARE INDISPENSABLE TO SHIM CHUNG; and she NEEDS both to keep her heart beating which probably means PULLING THE NOBLE IDIOCY CARD ISN’T AN OPTION EITHER (YAY!!!) because pretending not to love her and pushing her away would LITERALLY BREAK HER HEART. 

And there is no way around it because it’s an integral part of Chung being a mermaid and Joon Jae needs to accept it. They have reached an impasse and there is only one way out of it - SURVIVE TOGETHER. It’s the price Joon Jae needs to pay for getting the love he always wanted - a person that would choose ONLY HIM, love ONLY HIM and forsake all other; IT’S A LOVE THAT NOT EVEN DEATH CAN PART.

The revelation sends him reeling, it’s as if someone shot him, because from their their post-Titanic conversation (AKA “what-to-do-if-I-go-all-Leonardo-Di-Caprio-on-you-and-die-for-you speech), it’s clear Joon Jae was ready to sacrifice his own life for her, just like Dam Ryung had. But perhaps, Joon Jae’s fate is to find a way to survive, to live with the mermaid HAPPILY EVER AFTER. (I certainly hope so, because I wouldn’t survive another harpoon to the heart.)

Love what you mentioned here! What you said is everything that I want to say and feel! 

LOTBS is everything that I'm looking for in a drama man. Pls just gimme HJJ and SC their happy ending and I think it will officially be my fave drama of all time. Hahahs. 

• Like 12

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 14

bluesea14-00245a.jpg

Yay, I’m pleased with where we’re heading, and how, every time I worry about possibly dragging out a budding conflict or potential complication, the show actually moves right along and progresses to the next phase. I don’t know if there’s an objective measure for what ideally paced plot is, but I do think this writer is completely in tune with my internal measure of what constitutes ideal pacing, which is why I continue to eat up these episodes. If not exactly crack-like in its pull, it’s at least akin to something sugary and gooey, with a dash of bittersweet.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

bluesea14-00009.jpgbluesea14-00013.jpg

In Joseon, Dam-ryung sacrifices himself to save Se-hwa’s life, but then she takes her own. They die in each other’s arms.

These visions from Dam-ryung’s life are brought to the surface in Joon-jae’s hypnosis, and he awakens with tears running down his face. “I couldn’t protect her,” he tells his hypnotist professor. “In the end, because of me…”

The image of Se-hwa driving the harpoon into her chest flashes before his eyes, and Joon-jae clutches his own chest, wrought with guilt. The voices of young Dam-ryung and Se-hwa play in his mind, as she asks if he’d be able to remember their story. Dam-ryung promises, “Even if I’m reborn, I will search for you, and meet you, and love you, and protect you. I will remember.”

bluesea14-00063.jpg

Read full article here>>> DramaBeans

• Like 12

I think Dramabeans translation is the most accurate. I would like 2 share this even though we already know what Chung says. :)))

Chung: My heart can only go on if you love me. On land, my heart is terminally ill. If you leave me or this world, my heart will stop. That’s why Jung-hoon [Jo Jung-seok] died. The person he loved left, and his heart froze and hardened and stopped. If you are gone, that’s what will happen to me. If I don’t return to the sea, I’ll die.

Credit: Javabeans, from Dramabeans

• Like 17

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 14

After a pre-empted episode last week, episode 14 tore into this week at full force with heavy plot and character development. There were a few awkward changes, but for the most part, it was one of the most interesting episodes to date.

Part of what made it interesting was the change in Ji-hyeon's character. It had been hinted at that he would take a turn towards the vile, but between episodes 13 and 14 he did so with a vengance. His new hairstyle reinforces that. A revealing flashback of Dae-yeong's sites a new villain in the Joseon-era, which scene editing reveals to be Ji-hyeon. While I love the entrance of this new side of Ji-hyeon, I do wish he was better established before the sudden and, frankly, quite awkward shift. However, the end result was welcome. Ji-hyeon is an active villain, unlike Dae-yeong who is spending more time contemplating than acting.

As for Joon-jae, he now has purpose since he has seen the full happenings of the past and the tragic end of Dam-ryeong and Cheong. The ending of the episode where he reveals he can hear her thoughts purely out of his worry for her well-being was, frankly, the best timed ending of the fourteen aired episodes. It was raw with emotion and jerked the plot forward, giving this show the boost that it really needed.

Also, Joon-jae's partners-in-crime, Tae-oh and Nam-doo are having more active roles in the drama and it fills out screen time considerably in a positive way. Before this, they were like drama game pieces moved back and forth for specific purposes. It makes me sad for what could've been had they been thusly developed sooner.

cr: hancinema

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain
On 05/01/2017 at 11:01 AM, nika94 said:

@annie1234

Credit: as tagged

The bts are so cute! The bed scene was especially heart fluttering :wub: They both were shy and kept smiling all throughout the scene :wub:

57 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

This thread moving as fast as SimChung feet on DDR machine. LOL. After SBS released 2 intimate BTS, I feel anxious... Will they give us "smack down" moment? Should I prepare more kleenex?

I am feeling the same way you are. Aren't they spoiling us left to right and handing everything to us too easily? What's the catch here, SBS? 

--------------

@bebe1989 thank you for the text preview. Hopefully SC learns about their past soon, so she will understand HJJ's worries. 

Hahaha, on a lighter note, I find the text preview so funny how SC is throwing herself a birthday party. I wonder how she knows when her birthday is. They are wearing very funky clothes for her birthday in the stills lol. I can't wait to see. 

• Like 8

I just realized that TaeOh is as tall as JoonJae on the award show. And looking at him standing side by side with SimChung. Made me realized..... This drama is contained with TALL PEOPLE. That "street people lady", also tall. Even NamDoo height isn't much difference either. So, only prince YooNa will be the shortest birthday party guess. ^_^

Talking about "Street Lady", no pict of her released? She's one of Chung's BFF too, rite? Will she appeared tonite? Gonna be hilarious if later NamDo got a crush on her or vice versa.

@mythicalove am I the only one who waited for that last preview? My mind goes to "dirty love" option. LOL. Even they could be trolling us with a scene where SimChung actually just wanna make sure that JoonJae can really heard her inner voice. She hold JoonJae like that in order to make him not running away from her. 

But of course, can we see JoonJae gave "special" birthday gift for SimChung that we'd love to see *pervertmindrollingdown.

BTW @briseis your post about Mermaid Slayer, wow you've gave me AHA moment. I knew it... somehow ChiHyun is the bad guy but dunno which part of him that made me thought like that. When you mentioned about the ring, the smirk, OMO, that's IT!

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

I just realized that TaeOh is as tall as JoonJae on the award show. And looking at him standing side by side with SimChung. Made me realized..... This drama is contained with TALL PEOPLE. That "street people lady", also tall. Even NamDoo height isn't much difference either. So, only prince YooNa will be the shortest birthday party guess. ^_^

Talking about "Street Lady", no pict of her released? She's one of Chung's BFF too, rite? Will she appeared tonite? Gonna be hilarious if later NamDo got a crush on her or vice versa.

@mythicalove am I the only one who waited for that last preview? My mind goes to "dirty love" option. LOL. Even they could be trolling us with a scene where SimChung actually just wanna make sure that JoonJae can really heard her inner voice. She hold JoonJae like that in order to make him not running away from her. 

But of course, can we see JoonJae gave "special" birthday gift for SimChung that we'd love to see *pervertmindrollingdown.

Firstly, that will be hilarious! Perhaps our homeless fashionista can enlighten ND a little bit about life without money, since she couldn't careless about earning money. Lol.

Secondly, yes, please! Hahaha. Are we in lobster land or gutter land? Hahahaha. Perhaps we are in lobster land but our minds have entered the gutter lol. 

• Like 9