[Drama 2016] Let's Fight Ghost 싸우자 귀신아

Go Seung Ji

Guest adikkeluangman

Any legal links for webtoon in English translation? I want to give a read first. I think I read a manga with similar plot where the male lead is on college age same as the female ghost. Wait, did the manga copy the webtoon or vice versa. I need to search the manga again to confirm the storyline.

In updated news, he is confirm for this role. But today is Sunday and the news released like past afternoon. This is not breaking news or something but... Isn't that any news will be release on weekdays. Will wait for JYPE confirmation tomorrow.

This might be Taecyeon last drama before he going to army end of this year or early next year. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Taecyeon does not take the male lead role here, or that he reconsiders it.

Nothing against him, but he is too old to be playing romantic interest to an underage girl, he is 11 years older than Kim So Hyun and I just don't feel comfortable seeing an underage girl as romantic love interest with someone who is so much older and looks so much older than her. And the role is of a high school boy, it's really not right to cast him after casting Kim So Hyun.

18 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

2PM's Taecyeon to join Kim So Hyun in drama 'Hey Ghost, Let's Fight'!

full news link

UGH. NO. JUST NO.

Do they really have to do this while she's underage? She's a '99er, will it kill kdrama producers to cast actors who are at least a little closer to her in age? I agree with what dramabeans commenters said about this, it's just inappropriate in every way.

8 hours ago, selenette said:

Oh my @Vannyah M and @Sweet Pea ... I really don't know what to say. I mean based on the author's drawings alone, Taecyeon probably fits the Bong-pal part (but not as his current self, more likely as his younger self :tears:). But the character's exponential growth will be too difficult for him.

Let's hope for the best. I like the story already! 

I agree that Taec resembles Bongpal but still that character is really complex and i'm not sure if he can carry out Bongpal role in the best possible way. I hope i'm wrong and he does well bcs i do love webtoon and plot is awesome, but i am not sure that i want to watch Taec romancing KSH (11 years is too much for me + she is minor).

But oh well looks like this year kdrama land is all about big age gap and ruining webtoons in live actions. *hoping my fave webtoon won't get screened*

2 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

I agree that Taec resembles Bongpal but still that character is really complex and i'm not sure if he can carry out Bongpal role in the best possible way. I hope i'm wrong and he does well bcs i do love webtoon and plot is awesome, but i am not sure that i want to watch Taec romancing KSH (11 years is too much for me + she is minor).

But oh well looks like this year kdrama land is all about big age gap and ruining webtoons in live actions. *hoping my fave webtoon won't get screened*

Yep. I agree with you, @Vannyah M   . I said he looks like Bong-pal but his acting chops are probably not enough to handle the character's complexity. 

Regarding ruined webtoons, TvN ruined CITT but they didn't ruin Misaeng imho...so maybe there's still a chance that this could be good. Additionally, the network seemed to have spent some decent budget for Signal's CGIs. Hopefully this time they will also backup the CGIs of this drama with similarly decent budget. Part of a fantasy drama's believability depends on its budget. So if the casting is poorly done then at least we could still enjoy the special effects. :phew:

@selenette Thanks so much for replying! I guess I'm gonna have to do that too, I wanna see more of Hyun Ji's story. Haha! And yes, actually I had to do a double take when I saw your first post comparing Taec and Bong Pal. Cause I was just reading the first 62 chapters and the drawings weren't like that yet, had to make sure it was really Bong Pal. I was too used to the bottom right drawing in your reply post. LOL

And same, although I haven't completed reading the webtoon, I hope they keep Hyun Ji's personality in the webtoon. From what I've seen, she seems like a good balance between sassy, cute, badass and most likely with a side of vulnerable later on. Besides, what's the use of casting So Hyun if they're not gonna make use of her properly. 

I'm still low-key hoping that confirmation news isn't true since there's still just one article on it. But if it's really final, then I'm gonna be holding tvN and allkpop to this 'Park Bong Pal helps ghosts pass to the other side, and the two become FRIENDS as they perform exorcisms together. They said FRIENDS...they better stay friends and nothing more. :lol: I can't with that age gap...I wonder if they're gonna change how the characters meet and take out that accidental kiss.

Kwon Yul is confirmed to join this drama as proffesor who own a mortuary. Well, if they go with friendship and the character of Bong Pal is not a high school student plus they have to take out any romance part then maybe..just maybe taecyon is still okey. Her raport with Chun Jung Myung on Reset is great. they don't have any love line, just a little bit crush on KSH side, but i fine and it doesn't feel gross. It all depends on their approach to this drama.

I just can't imagine how will they adapt this drama, Let's hope for the best!

On 5/2/2016 at 11:24 AM, dj92 said:

@selenette Thanks so much for replying! I guess I'm gonna have to do that too, I wanna see more of Hyun Ji's story. Haha! And yes, actually I had to do a double take when I saw your first post comparing Taec and Bong Pal. Cause I was just reading the first 62 chapters and the drawings weren't like that yet, had to make sure it was really Bong Pal. I was too used to the bottom right drawing in your reply .

... 'Park Bong Pal helps ghosts pass to the other side, and the two become FRIENDS as they perform exorcisms together. They said FRIENDS...they better stay friends and nothing more. :lol: I can't with that age gap...I wonder if they're gonna change how the characters meet and take out that accidental kiss.

@dj92 Lol! I know what you mean about the author's drawing ...some readers said it was an "acquired taste" to enjoy his previous drawing! I had to stop myself from squealing because the improvements were so good! Even the side characters had improved ! 

Concerning the friendship, I agree with you and@Sweet Pea that they could make Hyun-ji as Bong-pal's friend... or maybe she kind of has a crush on Bong-pal but does not pursue the idea for the time being. I've watched "Reset" too, like @Sweet Pea and I agree that Kim So-hyun 's rapport with Chun Jung-myung in that drama was great. Nothing that made me squirm or whatever. :rolleyes:

Another way for this drama to work out the exorcism duet is by making Bong-pal older than Hyun-ji... and to somehow retain his initial "sad loner loser" impression...like maybe to write Bong-pal as a uni dropout or something. :huh:

@selenette Do you know which character the webtoon is mostly centered on? Is it Bong Pal or Hyun Ji? Or is it more or less equal overall? Cause if I were to just base it on the first 60 chapters...I'd definitely say Bong Pal since Hyun Ji was barely in it. :lol: But it's interesting that they locked down KSH (Hyun Ji) first...so I wonder if they're gonna put more focus on Hyun Ji in the drama. Or y'know...unless KSH just confirmed faster lol. I wonder if they're doing some kind of flash-forward so that Bong Pal is ~25+ yrs old and Hyun Ji can stay 19 since she's a ghost. Can't the production just at least reveal more about the synopsis if they're changing things? Haha! 

It seems like KSH already started with the Let's Fight Ghost (LFG) photoshoots and there was another LFG article on Taec (couldn't really understand most of it but he was talking about acting)...so I think for my sanity...I'm just gonna start accepting that he's the male lead. LOL So I guess I'm just gonna focus on hoping that the production team knows what they're doing and that everything else works out for this drama. Maybe this drama's director-nim can work some Shin PD type of magic too (Reply director) and just mask any weaknesses. I really, really wanna watch this for So Hyun since it's not often she gets to play a 'happy' role. So dramagods, please make this good! I hope everything (script, acting, cast ensemble, editing, directing, CGIs, OSTs, etc) works out well in the end.

And same here, I've seen Reset too. KSH was pretty much the only kid in that cast but she had great rapport with all the adults including Chun Jung Myung and their age gap was even bigger. I thought it was going to be icky since she was playing the doppelganger of his first love but since it was strictly an oppa-dongsaeng type of relationship, I even found their interactions cute at times. I still remember that scene when she teased him about liking her and jokingly asked him to wait 3 more years since it's too fast/early at the moment. Her character was so cheeky. :lol: 

@dj92 I think the webtoon's Season 1 is mostly Bong-pal centered based on reviews and spoilers...but some chapters before the finale the gear shifted towards Hyun-ji.

However,

Season 2 is a bit more Hyun-ji centered... and there were two additional male characters as well, at least. If not more. There's also an additional female character.

As for the cancelled Season 3 (it's called Lacrymosa for some reason), it's Bong-pal centered. Hyun-ji had a small screentime in its 10 chapters.

--------

Imho the production team is aware of the criticisms so they choose not to reveal anything at the moment. 

It's official...T-T I was still low-key holding onto some sliver of hope since there were only 2 articles so far. But this is it...looks like it's final. I guess it makes sense...it wasn't really like they were courting anyone else. Sigh. 

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003311577

@selenette Ah, thanks for your answer! I'm so curious about how they're gonna adapt the story. Sorry for all the questions. 

@dj92It's alright! If there's anything else you want to ask, just ask away. Btw I'm past worrying for Taecyeon as Bong-pal now... it's said and done. Besides:

Spoiler

Since Bong-pal later took up kickboxing and yoga to protect and calm himself, he became more agile, tougher, and generally more athletic. So maybe they need to incorporate these latter developments into the drama. :expressionless:

But why do they set up another male character so early in the story? Are they combining the three seasons' arch into one? 

----------------------------------------------------

2PM's Taecyeon to star in ghostbuster drama 

SEOUL, May 4 (Yonhap) -- Singer-actor Ok Taec-yeon, also known by his stage name Taecyeon, of K-pop idol group 2PM, will star in a new television series, his agency announced on Wednesday.

Ock, 27, will play the lead male character of a ghost comedy series, tentatively named "Bring It On, Ghost," on South Korean cable television network tvN, according to JYP Entertainment.

The ghost series is the television adaptation of the popular South Korean webtoon of the same name.

The undated file photo, released by JYP Entertainment, shows South Korean actor and 2PM member Ok Taec-yeon. (Yonhap)

The undated file photo, released by JYP Entertainment, shows South Korean actor and 2PM member Ok Taec-yeon. (Yonhap)

The singer-actor will play Park Bong-pal, a ghost hunter with the special ability to see and touch ghosts. Bong-pal is a seemingly cold-tempered yet tender-hearted young man who strives to be free of his "gift" and become a normal person. While working as a professional ghost hunter to make money for his treatment sessions, Bong-pal encounters Kim Hyun-ji, a young ghost who did nothing but study before her death.

Actress Kim So-hyun, 16, will play the adorable ghost.

"Bring It On, Ghost" is slated to launch in July, with specific dates and supporting actors remaining undisclosed.

jwc@yna.co.kr

source : http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/05/04/0200000000AEN20160504007700315.html

1 hour ago, Rainbow1112 said:

I have not watched Taec-yeon  acting so i cant comment... but the age gap.. wouldn't it be awkward? they should just cast a similar age actor..

Ah actually many of us (including me) shared your concern. But he's already cast so... *sigh*

Do you also read the webtoon?

Okay, it's final. I count on writing and directing now! I love you Taecyon. Please don't make me hate you over this drama. Just don't change KSH character later with and adult actress. I don't read the webtoon. If the ghost stay with Bong Pal for a long time, i think it makes sense to cast Taecyon. though I am a bit weary about his acting, but i decide to trust him. I'll trust you Ok-Bing-Gu oppa. wait..I am older..:phew:

15 hours ago, Sweet Pea said:

Okay, it's final. I count on writing and directing now! I love you Taecyon. Please don't make me hate you over this drama. Just don't change KSH character later with and adult actress. I don't read the webtoon. If the ghost stay with Bong Pal for a long time, i think it makes sense to cast Taecyon. though I am a bit weary about his acting, but i decide to trust him. I'll trust you Ok-Bing-Gu oppa. wait..I am older..:phew:

LOL @Sweet Pea I always love your posts! I'm also his noona by [fill in the embarrassing blank] years so I get what you meant. 

Based on his SNS alone, Ok Taecyeon seems to love reading mangas/manhwas. So, hopefully, he at least checked the webtoon out to figure out the core of the character he's going to tackle ( Bong-pal ). Even if there will be changes in adapting the character, usually the core will be written just the same.

Concerning Hyun-ji: Yes, she  was to stay with Bong-pal for a long time. At least that was what Author Im-ins planned, although the webtoon was halted in 2015. 

----------------

Edits: whether Hyun-ji stayed for a long time, character's core. I re-read the author's naver blog post to find out his final plan. 

Guest adikkeluangman

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kwon Yool Confirmed To Join Kim So Hyun In Ghost-Themed Drama

2PM’s Taecyeon and actor Kwon Yool will be starring alongside actress Kim So Hyun in tvN’s new webtoon adaptation “Let’s Fight Ghost” (working title).

The casting news was confirmed by tvN on May 4.

ChmfHMuUoAUdSUy.jpg

Based on a popular webtoon, “Let’s Fight Ghost” combines elements of horror, comedy, and romance. Kim So Hyun will play the female lead Kim Hyun Ji, a high school student who passes away in an accident and turns into a ghost, while Taecyeon is set to portray the male lead, exorcist Park Bong Pal.

Kwon Yool will take on the role of veterinary professor and hospital director Joo Hye Sung, a mysterious character with something to hide.

The drama is expected to start filming soon, and the premiere is scheduled to take place in July.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/04/2pms-taecyeon-and-kwon-yool-confirmed-to-join-kim-so-hyun-in-ghost-themed-drama/ 

-----
Taecyeon, Kim So-hyeon-I and Kwon Yul confirmed for tvN's 'Bring It On, Ghost'

tvN has announced on May 4th that Taecyeon, Kim So-hyeon-I and Kwon Yul have been confirmed for their new Monday & Tuesday drama 'Bring It On, Ghost', which is slated for July this year.

'Bring It On, Ghost' is a horror comedy drama based on the web-toon of the same title. The story is about Park Bong-pal, an exorcist, who makes money by casting out ghosts for other people so that he can save money to cure his possessed eyes seeing ghosts, and Kim Hyeon-ji, a high school girl student who also works with him to cast out ghosts.

Taecyeon will play the cute exorcist Park Bong-pal and Kim So-hyeon-I will play the high school girl student Kim Hyeon-ji. Kwon Yul will play Joo Hye-seong, a veterinarian with mysterious secrets who works as a professor of veterinary medicine and owns his own veterinarian hospital.

'Bring It On, Ghost' will premiere after "Oh Hae-Young Again" has finished.

http://www.hancinema.net/taecyeon-kim-so-hyeon-i-and-kwon-yul-confirmed-for-tvn-s-bring-it-on-ghost--94187.html 

Archived