[Drama 2016] Let's Fight Ghost 싸우자 귀신아

Go Seung Ji

21 hours ago, selenette said:

@dj92It's alright! If there's anything else you want to ask, just ask away. Btw I'm past worrying for Taecyeon as Bong-pal now... it's said and done. Besides:

Reveal hidden contents

Since Bong-pal later took up kickboxing and yoga to protect and calm himself, he became more agile, tougher, and generally more athletic. So maybe they need to incorporate these latter developments into the drama. :expressionless:

But why do they set up another male character so early in the story? Are they combining the three seasons' arch into one? 

Yeah, I was wondering about that too...maybe they're just gonna pick certain portions from the 3 seasons. Is Kwon Yul's character really in the webtoon? Or is he gonna be an original character they're adding on?

I just realized this is gonna be a Mon-Tues drama...I have conflicted feelings about Mon-Tues dramas. T-T On one hand, they oddly make me look forward to Mondays so I can watch the next episodes...but at the same time they make me want my weekends to end faster which is not a good thing. :lol: 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, selenette said:

LOL @Sweet Pea I always love your posts! I'm also his noona by [fill in the embarrassing blank] years so I get what you meant. 

Based on his SNS alone, Ok Taecyeon seems to love reading mangas/manhwas. So, hopefully, he at least checked the webtoon out to figure out the core of the character he's going to tackle ( Bong-pal ). Even if there will be changes in adapting the character, usually the core will be written just the same.

Concerning Hyun-ji: Yes, she  was to stay with Bong-pal for a long time. At least that was what Author Im-ins planned, although the webtoon was halted in 2015. 

----------------

Edits: whether Hyun-ji stayed for a long time, character's core. I re-read the author's naver blog post to find out his final plan. 

Really? his real-life personal is adorable. No wonder! he loves manga (I don't know if this is related or nor, just accept it as it is). I actually try to read several chapter of season one, but the webtoon itself is not my cup of tea. I just love KSH being sassy. Since I am not afan of a webtoon i don't have an expectation whatsoever. So, writer or director and everyone involved, They better do a good job for this drama.

3 hours ago, dj92 said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too...maybe they're just gonna pick certain portions from the 3 seasons. Is Kwon Yul's character really in the webtoon? Or is he gonna be an original character they're adding on?

I just realized this is gonna be a Mon-Tues drama...I have conflicted feelings about Mon-Tues dramas. T-T On one hand, they oddly make me look forward to Mondays so I can watch the next episodes...but at the same time they make me want my weekends to end faster which is not a good thing. :lol: 

They could fit CITT for 16 episodes while having season 3 that not yet finish, so i don't see why they can't do that for this webtoon too.

@selenette: Haa, you must be fan of the webtoon, because you seems to know much. But in season 2 or 3, i read on this thread or maybe another thread Hyun Ji character doesn't appear as much as season 1. Is it true? Do you know about Kwon Yul character? How many character is important in this webtoon? Or it is only both with different case every episodes? Or shoul I just wait for the drama airing? :P

On 5/5/2016 at 11:40 AM, dj92 said:

On 5/5/2016 at 3:50 PM, Sweet Pea said:

@selenette: Haa, you must be fan of the webtoon, because you seems to know much. But in season 2 or 3, i read on this thread or maybe another thread Hyun Ji character doesn't appear as much as season 1. Is it true? Do you know about Kwon Yul character? How many character is important in this webtoon? Or it is only both with different case every episodes? Or shoul I just wait for the drama airing? :P

@Sweet Pea @dj92 I'm sorry I had to combine my replies in one post. I'm a fan but I won't claim that I know everything about the webtoon. E.g. I may mistake one character for another.

A. KIM HYUN-JI (Kim So Hyun's Character)

Hyun-ji didn't appear so much in Season 3, but then again that season only lasted for 10 chapters, and originally the author intended for much more chapters!  In Seasons 1-2 we saw Hyun-ji almost all the time, the 2nd season even dealt with her from early on... so don't worry! We'll see lots of her in the drama.

B. IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

Based on what I gathered from namu.wiki,  10 characters so far are important. Some of them didn't have that much screentime in the webtoon...but they were important in Bong-pal and Hyun-ji's character trajectories. Their short presence left a lasting impact on the entire three seasons. (cr: Namu.Wiki)

C. JOO HYE-SUNG (Kwon Yool's Character)

The character was called Kim Hye-sung in the webtoon. In the drama,  his name is changed into Joo Hye-sung. He started to appear towards the end of Season 1.

Clockwise: Kim Hyun-ji, Shin Sae-byuk, Park Bong-pal, Kim Hye-sung (cr: Author Im-ins)

images%202_zps95r0lmob.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Chansung of 2PM showed support for Taecyeon for his upcoming drama.

Trans : Let's Fight Ghost is fun... Please look forward to it (by 2pmalways)

Taecyeon currently have 2PM Arena Tour concert in Japan at this moment. Here are dates for upcoming concerts. So he will shooting this drama between the concert dates.

May 7-8: Marine Messe Fukuoka
May 20-22: Yoyogi National Stadium First Gymnasium
May 28-29: Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center
June 16-18: Osaka-jo Hall

He also got a web drama that will be airing in June. It already finished filming couple of weeks ago.

@adikkeluangman Have you found the manga of a similar premise (with this drama) that you mentioned a while ago?

I found a movie with similar premise, starring Kang Ha-neul and Kim So-eun, called Mourning Grave or The Girl Ghost Story/Sonyeogoedam   (소녀괴담) back in 2014. But only its premise was the same with this webtoon+drama, and nothing else. You know, the "ghost-seeing boy who wants to ditch his ability meets a ghost girl" premise. 

Kwon Yool vs his character Joo/Kim Hye-sung 

A. Webtoon Seasons 1-2

2016-05-06_11.48.50_zpsnciafmp4.jpg

(this photo of Kwon Yool's was from 2011-12, btw :expressionless: ... way before his "Lie to Me" role)

B. Webtoon Season 3

2016-05-06_08.51.06_zpsk6phzabb.jpg

Side profile comparison:

Spoiler

2016-05-06_08.30.57_zpsf35nc1ev.jpg

Imho, face-wise, the casting works.  Almost as if the author modeled the character on the actor. Same sad eyes and smile.

Also, I notice that they make drama!Hye-sung older than webtoon!Hye-sung and give the character with a day job to boot (which is a good thing, imho if he were to do what he'd do storywise).

Whoaaaa...based on those pics...Kwon Yool does look super close to the webtoon character. Daaang...I agree...I guess the casting does work face-wise. The webtoon author is gonna work alongside the 2nd writer of Producers and I live in Cheongdamdong right? If so, I really hope the two of them work well together along with the director to avoid any problems later on. 

31 minutes ago, dj92 said:

Whoaaaa...based on those pics...Kwon Yool does look super close to the webtoon character. Daaang...I agree...I guess the casting does work face-wise. The webtoon author is gonna work alongside the 2nd writer of Producers and I live in Cheongdamdong right? If so, I really hope the two of them work well together along with the director to avoid any problems later on. 

@dj92  Glad you like the comparison!  Actually a Naver blogger complained yesterday  why the scriptwriter made such a drastic change on Hye-sung's background (the stable day job etc)... since he wasn't so important (until much later) in the webtoon.

The blogger said this change exudes the vibe of 

Spoiler

Lee Jun-young from "I Remember You". Can't say if I agree or disagree. 

So I assume the author probably isn't working alongside the scriptwriter. :confounded:

I hope the inclusion of another male actor as the drama's main character doesn't mean there will be some twisted love triangle between Bong-pal, Hyun-ji, and Hye-sung. That would be too bad for our sanity. :fearful:

Hello everyone :)

I'm sort of hyped up for this.

I like So Hyun's acting, I think she's a promising talented young lady. I also like Taecyeon a lot. The storyline seems interesting, I hope he'll be able to bring Bongpal to life without deceiving the webtoon's lovers, readers. As for the age difference, it honestly doesn't bother me that much as long as they keep their relationship platonic and don't overdo the loveline.

I was tempted to go ahead and read the webtoon(the first chapters at least) but figured watching it without knowing what was going to happen was a lot more exciting. ^_^

14 hours ago, selenette said:

@dj92  Glad you like the comparison!  Actually a Naver blogger complained yesterday  why the scriptwriter made such a drastic change on Hye-sung's background (the stable day job etc)... since he wasn't so important (until much later) in the webtoon.

The blogger said this change exudes the vibe of 

Reveal hidden contents

Lee Jun-young from "I Remember You". Can't say if I agree or disagree. 

So I assume the author probably isn't working alongside the scriptwriter. :confounded:

I hope the inclusion of another male actor as the drama's main character doesn't mean there will be some twisted love triangle between Bong-pal, Hyun-ji, and Hye-sung. That would be too bad for our sanity. :fearful:

Ohh I see...I thought they were working together since the author is listed as one of the writers in the wiki pages. But since anyone can edit those, it's not really accurate...maybe he's just listed because he's the author of the webtoon not necessarily cause he's working with the scriptwriter.

Spoiler

I only got up to I think ~ep 5 of IRY...so does that mean Hye Sung is sort of a psychopath in the webtoon? Or is the blogger just saying that because of the drastic change in the background...Hye Sung now gives off the same vibe?

Omg...I really hope they don't go with a love triangle...that's even worse since Kwon Yul is already 34 yrs old, age gap is even bigger with him. I think at that rate, I'll really have a mental breakdown. :lol: Was Hye Sung also a love interest in the webtoon? Tbh, I'm only aware of Bong Pal's first love as a love interest character. LOL I do wonder why out of all the side/supporting characters...it was Hye Sung that the scriptwriter chose to be part of the main leads. I would have expected other characters to just pop in and out like in the webtoon. I tried going on the namu wiki page for LFG but it's so overwhelming...I can usually pick up some things I hear when watching k-dramas w/o subs...but my korean reading skills are pretty much non-existent...:bawling:

@dj92 Afaik Hye-sung wasn't another love interest of Hyun-ji's in the webtoon. 

There was another character who served that purpose (but I can be mistaken). I'm worried because tvN could be changing Hye-sung's role here and merging two characters into one. 

I presume they choose Hye-sung because he's part of the entire seasons. And because of another reason (his role in the webtoon).  

My Korean is bad too. I just doggedly ocr the texts and have them translated and read out loud to understand. So far it's been helpful. But of course I'd be very glad if I meet a fluent Korean speaker here who loves the webtoon! They can correct my mistakes. 

Anyway about the character you mentioned ...

Spoiler

I think they will certainly pick up those first love chapters because many readers love them. I was surprised at how good the execution of those chapters was! 

11 hours ago, selenette said:

@dj92 Afaik Hye-sung wasn't another love interest of Hyun-ji's in the webtoon. There's another character who serves that purpose (but I can be mistaken). I'm worried because tvN could be changing Hye-sung's role here and merging two characters into one. 

I presume they choose Hye-sung because he's part of the entire seasons. And because of another reason (his role in the webtoon).  

My Korean is bad too. I just doggedly ocr the texts and have them translated and read out loud to understand. So far it's been helpful. But of course I'd be very glad if I meet a fluent Korean speaker here who loves the webtoon! They can correct my mistakes. 

Anyway about the character you mentioned ...

Reveal hidden contents

I think they will certainly pick up those first love chapters because many readers love them. I was surprised at how good the execution of those chapters was! 

Thanks again! @merging two characters into one: Oh I see what you mean...that is quite possible...especially if they're trying to merge 3 seasons into 16 eps. 

Spoiler

Yeah, those first love chapters were really good cause it shed a lot of insight into Bong Pal's character....both his 'past' and why he's like that in the 'present'. Plus, it's also how we find out what happened to Hyun Ji. :( I totally didn't expect that Bong Pal and Hyun Ji lives would be connected in that way.

I hope the drama will do a great job at the 'world-building'...and setting up the 'rules'. For example, I wonder how they're going to adapt some of the stuff that Hyun Ji can do in the webtoon...like transforming herself into items (e.g. bag, broom etc). Or are they just gonna ignore those stuff to keep it simple...ugh, so many things I'm curious about. Hahaha!

Ahahaha, omygosh I do that too especially with long articles! :lol: But I totally forgot to do that for this...I just gave up right away when I saw the length...but now that you mention it, I might try that again...see if I can pick something up. 

7 hours ago, selenette said:

@dj92 Maybe we'd better move our conversations in the private messages...and I suggest you remove the last spoiler box...as it is too spoilery? Just a suggestion... sorry! :confounded:

LOL I took it out, sorry, I read it too late. I thought it would be okay since there were spoiler tags anyway. And I wasn't 100% sure I understood correctly.  Hopefully not many people saw it yet. :lol:

Yesterday's news :) 

[INFO] The PD of "Hey Ghost, Let's Fight" announced today that they will be having changes with Ok Taecyeon's character Bong Pal. From the original high school student in the webtoon, Bong Pal will now be a college student while Sohyun will still play the 19-year old Kim Hyun Ji. They will still follow the original story of the webtoon.

Foto Kim So Hyun 김소현 Philippines.

cr: KSHPhilippines

korean article : OSEN (via Naver)

Just now, duldulok said:

Yesterday's news :) 

[INFO] The PD of "Hey Ghost, Let's Fight" announced today that they will be having changes with Ok Taecyeon's character Bong Pal. From the original high school student in the webtoon, Bong Pal will now be a college student while Sohyun will still play the 19-year old Kim Hyun Ji. They will still follow the original story of the webtoon.

cr: KSHPhilippines

korean article : OSEN (via Naver)

Thanks so much for sharing, @duldulok ! Wow I'm glad they've found a solution for Taecyeon's and Kim So-hyun's characters here. And if they follow up the webtoon's plot then we can expect them to back the drama up with proper CGI and with great dramatic scenes. :) 

I was getting used to Taec being highschool boy but now that i found out he will be college student  everything seem fine :D

Question for webtoon reders: I read 66 chapters long time ago and couldn`t find rest, is season1 fully translated and where can i find rest of it to read? ( i dont mind if its raw)

Thank you :)

The crew hear us netizens. And they might think it's too much for a man who has a great abs being a high schooler. I mean it's a crime! :phew: High school student should study, not work out. But college student is believable.

I am liken @serendibite , though i read a glimpse season 1 of the webtoon, watching it without expecting anything could be more exciting and i can be more objective, maybe..

On 5/8/2016 at 11:59 PM, Vannyah M said:

I was getting used to Taec being highschool boy but now that i found out he will be college student  everything seem fine :D

Question for webtoon reders: I read 66 chapters long time ago and couldn`t find rest, is season1 fully translated and where can i find rest of it to read? ( i dont mind if its raw)

Thank you :)

@Vannyah M From what I read in Batoto, Naver had the translations taken down for copyright issues. Some websites are still keeping these up to ch 62. As for the rest of the webtoon in its raw form, you can find it here:

Season 1 (ch 1-10)

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=23182 

The rest of the chapters (not free, 200 Won each) 

http://m.nstore.naver.com/comic/detail.nhn?productNo=1976238

Season 2 (ch 1-10)

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=537990

The rest of the chapters (not free, 200 Won each)

http://m.nstore.naver.com/comic/detail.nhn?productNo=1977472

Season 3 (all existing chapters for free)

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662898

Also...if you don't mind, could you please correct the infos I posted in this thread once you read? I could be wrong in many places!

Archived