[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

4 minutes ago, jihyefighting said:

i hope SBS will give us BEHIND THE SCENES of our OTP tonight!!!!!!!!!
please, please,please, please, please... i cant sleep because my heart is sooo sad thinking that there will be no ep 18 tonight and also because  there are only 3 episodes left for my favorite KDRAMA of al time huhuhuhuh :bawling: :bawling::bawling:

Yes especially that front hug bts!!! We didn't see it.. PDnim its the most romantic scene how can you not show it's bts? You kidding us ?

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Yeobo...don't forget to drink your vitamin...you must be very strong since we will have lots of babies :D

"mmmm.....I even forget where I keep those vitamin...."

when i have a wife?where this wife n child come from?

RO40601724_w1000_h0.jpg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I just want to ask everyone, what rating does a drama series have to get in SK for it to be considered a success?  Does it always have to be at least 20%  Coz there seems to be so much concern over Doctors breaching the 20% threshold.  Weren't its earlier episode ratings considered high? 

Basically nowadays double digit ratings are already considered as a success. People want them to reach 20% because the rating keeps increasing each week and it's just another milestone we want to achieve. Sometimes high ratings can trigger me to watch a drama but this is subjective since the ratings can be different in Korean and international fans.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, lolalarue said:

Final thoughts: Let the Grandmother stuff go and concentrate on the here and now. 

I don't want to sound all negative and morbid but I'm getting this feeling that, if the writer will make something bad happen to Ji Hong, it's to serve as a harsh lesson to Hye Jung to let go and make peace with her past so she can focus on her present and future.  Though she is slowly on her path to healing, thanks to a large extent to Ji Hong's patient love, she still has a long way to go.  To a great extent, she still behaves as if it's just her against the world and she has to fight her battles alone.  She once told Ji Hong that his big problem was he always wants to do things alone and he doesn't let her into his life completely.  She actually has to learn to take her own advice.  If she doesn't learn to let go, she may end up losing this one beautiful thing that she has right now, and all because of her single-minded desire for revenge. 

I'm not saying what she feels is wrong because, for someone who lost her mother to suicide and was rejected by her own father, the loss of the only person in the world whom she felt ever truly loved her would be devastating.  But Hye Jung must now realize that there are others who love her now, and her anger and bitterness might consume her too much that she might end up hurting them as well.  I think that's what Ji Hong (and even Soon Hee) is trying to make her understand. 

• Like 16

On 8/16/2016 at 8:24 AM, maria1983 said:

credit to the owner

AAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.... ARE YOU DRIVING ME CRAZY!??!??!?!!?!

GOSH.... GOSH... BYONG BYONG BYONG... :scream:

On 8/16/2016 at 8:38 AM, Rin90 said:

No doctors, im watching olympic badminton again. Ngeeeeh~ dont know what to do~ mbeeeeekkkk 

"ya hai chingu uri" :flushed:

Edited by lupita311
off topic
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

What's with all these cryptic statements coming from Ji Hong?  It's like the writer is hinting at something major happening to him.  Heard it once, I shrugged it off.  Heard something similar again, I just wondered.  But when it gets repeated at different parts of the series, coupled with his strange actions every time matters of life and death are brought up in reference to him, it starts to unsettle me and makes me worry a bit.  Does this writer have a major plot twist in the works? 

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

Okay, I was honestly gonna wait a few days to post this, but I’ll just post about this now, since I know some of us are feeling sort of sad in regards to the promotion, etc.

So the past week or so I’ve started working on a project related to Doctors. I plan to do a ‘2016 Doctors Soompi Awards’ next week Friday (this will be Hawaii time, since I live in Hawaii lol). (Some of you might remember when I did a soompi awards for ‘You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin’ in 2013 and ‘Fated to Love You’ in 2014.)

So basically what will happen is this: Next Friday, I’ll post a link in this thread to a poll where you can vote for your favorite OST song, favorite romantic scene, favorite hug, favorite supporting friend character, etc. You’ll have about one week and a half to vote. I have about 34 categories and the nominees for each category are pretty much set. (When Ep 18-20 airs next week I’ll add in the nominees from those episodes in time for next Friday.)

When you vote, you’ll be able to see an image link for each category, which goes into details of the nominees per category. I did all the images in Photoshop. It takes a lot of time, but it’s honestly fun for me to do the awards every year for a different drama, and I really enjoy doing stuff in Photoshop lol. Also, when the voting period is over, a few days after that I usually do an ‘awards ceremony’ in the soompi thread to announce the winners of each category, which is really fun.

For the record, when I did the soompi awards for YTBLSS in 2013, 326 people voted, and when I did it for FTLY in 2014, 351 people voted. I’m hoping to break the 400 people-mark when I start the soompi awards for Doctors next Friday. XD

I’ve finished the Photoshop images of 9 so far, but I’ll post 4 of them (along with the main banner of the soompi awards), under a spoiler tag. I don’t want to spoil all of it just yet, haha. XD Just consider it a teaser.

I hope you all won't leave after the drama ends on Tuesday and at least wait until next weekend for the Doctors Soompi Awards to start. >_< I sincerely hope you all will look forward to this. I really do. :) (When next weekend comes, I’m gonna post the voting link like EVERYWHERE to get everyone to vote LOL.)

2016 Doctors Soompi Awards [Teaser]:

Hide contents

i'm with you! I'll VOTE FOR SURE! 

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 14

Guest Yammylicious
9 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I don't want to sound all negative and morbid but I'm getting this feeling that, if the writer will make something bad happen to Ji Hong, it's to serve as a harsh lesson to Hye Jung to let go and make peace with her past so she can focus on her present and 5future.  Though she is slowly on her path to healing, thanks to a large extent to Ji Hong's patient love, she still has a long way to go.  To a great extent, she still behaves as if it's just her against the world and she has to fight her battles alone.  She once told Ji Hong that his big problem was he always wants to do things alone and he doesn't let her into his life completely.  She actually has to learn to take her own advice.  If she doesn't learn to let go, she may end up losing this one beautiful thing that she has right now, and all because of her single-minded desire for revenge. 

I'm not saying what she feels is wrong because, for someone who lost her mother to suicide and was rejected by her own father, the loss of the only person in the world whom she felt ever truly loved her would be devastating.  But Hye Jung must now realize that there are others who love her now, and her anger and bitterness might consume her too much that she might end up hurting them as well.  I think that's what Ji Hong (and even Soon Hee) is trying to make her understand. 

Oh how i love your thoughts, exactly as mine... thats why he doesn't like tomorrow because he lives for today.. omoooo..:blink:

8 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

AAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.... ARE YOU DRIVING ME CRAZY!??!??!?!!?!

GOSH.... GOSH... BYONG BYONG BYONG... :scream:

to you the same :))))

me ? no ...him !!! hahaha

6 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

What's with all these cryptic statements coming from Ji Hong?  It's like the writer is hinting at something major happening to him.  Heard it once, I shrugged it off.  Heard something similar again, I just wondered.  But when it gets repeated at different parts of the series, coupled with his strange actions every time matters of life and death are brought up in reference to him, it starts to unsettle me and makes me worry a bit.  Does this writer have a major plot twist in the works? 

i believe this will happen ... we said is not gonna to ...but i believe they will do this to ''wake'' her up . and see for the first time in life that you must live any moment like will be the last one . :(

• Like 8

9 hours ago, shinhyefan said:

I thought the same, jihong should not argue with her when she say there nothing she can do now. jihong should hug her tight n let her cry all night. let her free n be peace with herself. just sit by her side n stay with her. this feeling already been carried by her almost 13 years so let her find the peace by herself. don't told her what she should do.

I think Hye Jung might be the type of person who would get angrier if Ji Hong doesn't react and just hugs her.  She might think he's trivializing her problem and not really giving it the importance that she believes it should have. 

On the other hand, while I do understand your point about Ji Hong just letting her rant and cry her heart out till she's exhausted, I think he was already too exhausted as well that time to cope with her.  I noticed he made this really frustrated sound at one point in their conversation.  He just did an operation that lasted half the day and I'm sure his emotional coping mechanisms were shot down with tiredness.  It's even amazing that he still managed to keep his temper, which shows his level of emotional maturity as well as the depth of his love and concern for Hye Jung.  :)

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Yammylicious said:

Oh how i love your thoughts, exactly as mine... thats why he doesn't like tomorrow because he lives for today.. omoooo..:blink:

Whatever our writer-nim and PD-nim have in store for him, I just hope Ji Hong lives through it because it will totally destroy Hye Jung if she loses him too.  :( (and I'm sure it will destroy EVERYONE on this thread.  heehee.)

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I think it will be repeated a lot to get the point home. I think HJ is still in the grieving process, albeit a very long one. She's a fast learner and was even told by JH that when he teaches her one thing, she learns two. What JH told her in episode 17 about having no tomorrow for him, will probably propel HJ to accept and let go. I just want her calm acceptance, end her grieving and be free.

Now, imagine what she could do with her remaining vacation time once she's free of greiving? JH would not know what to do with himself, lol.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

to you the same :))))

me ? no ...him !!! hahaha

i believe this will happen ... we said is not gonna to ...but i believe they will do this to ''wake'' her up . and see for the first time in life that you must live any moment like will be the last one . :(

i like to think otherwise... based on past few weeks experience we are struggling with every single hints but they end up differently.. maybe just maybe relate to something exchange with the assistant doctor? maybe it's like a small accident that HJ thought she might lose jH but he's doing fine? :grimace:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, kdramanewb said:

Now, imagine what she could do with her remaining vacation time once she's free of griving? JH would not know what to do with himself, lol.

HAHAHAHAHA

yes , but if he will have each day 12 hours operation .... maybe all she can do is to sleep him on her legs . hahaha

• Like 10

Guest Yammylicious
8 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Whatever our writer-nim and PD-nim have in store for him, I just hope Ji Hong lives through it because it will totally destroy Hye Jung if she loses him too.  :( (and I'm sure it will destroy EVERYONE on this thread.  heehee.)

You said it so right..:) lets be open for possibilities..:sweatingbullets: