[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

14 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

Sorry If I sound negative. But apparently it's a HMH (the writer) thing that she unites and then throws problems at them. And tbh the pace is just way too fast and that makes me wonder what will they show for the next 16 episodes. For the 1st I am feeling like it should have been a 16 eps show and not a 20 one. 

If the writer screw up this drama, I swear I will go to Korea and hunt her down.

Hi chingu......you know that is probably the only thing bothering me at the moment. I can deal with hospital politics, personal revenge, villanous females no problem......but the plot has to make sense and be of a good steady pace......otherwise 20 eps can seem like forever. I will hope and pray that the writer has enough story in stock to make us root for Doctors all through :)

I tried watching ep 4 while skipping the HJ-HJH parts coz everytime I come to their parts i keep repeating the scenes and cant seem to concentrate on anything else going on LOL. I liked that Tae Ho is a sharp one who can tell SW's intentions are not good. I swear I always default the actor playing Tae Ho to be shady and villanous......I have always seen him in negative roles.....so its good to see him being an intellingent, positive authority figure here. 

• Like 21

4 hours ago, maplekist said:

sorry to use your gifset... but yes i am jumping on your ship as well... everything else can fail but the love of these two will remain!!!!! kyaaaa BFF... she may not have famil and has been lonely most of her life for the last 13 yrs but SH has someway filled in a small gap s that once in a while she can still bring on a smile.... :wub:

Yup... How many gifts she received from HJ???? SH can be shy..shy.. shy and sings "cheer up, baby".

• Like 13

1 hour ago, littleloony said:

Just saying HI to all the known faces here.... @maplekist, @Kasmic @onnififi unni, @valsava unni, @evie7, @UnniSarah its good to see you here. I think this might become another crack drama so cheers to that. I hope I'll be able to come here often and enjoy with y'all :D

So glad you are here too. @littleloony :) 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, littleloony said:

Hi chingu......you know that is probably the only thing bothering me at the moment. I can deal with hospital politics, personal revenge, villanous females no problem......but the plot has to make sense and be of a good steady pace......otherwise 20 eps can seem like forever. I will hope and pray that the writer has enough story in stock to make us root for Doctors all through :)

I tried watching ep 4 while skipping the HJ-HJH parts coz everytime I come to their parts i keep repeating the scenes and cant seem to concentrate on anything else going on LOL. I liked that Tae Ho is a sharp one who can tell SW's intentions are not good. I swear I always default the actor playing Tae Ho to be shady and villanous......I have always seen him in negative roles.....so its good to see him being an intellingent, positive authority figure here. 

I am also rooting for KTH.  From the start he has been an encouraging and supported sunbae for JH and thirteen years has passed and becoming a vice president of the hospital he still showed an unwavering support to the chairman and JH.  I feel like he kinda knows but not totally knows the characters involved and what happened to JH 13yrs ago.  He is sharp and straightforward.  From correcting the junior doctors abbout the relationship status of JH and also for immediately putting a line on SW's malicious intent.  I am just hoping that he will stay the same til the end to support JH, HJ and the chairman on what we are anticipating regarding the hospital power struggle.

SW dad has become greedy but still a puppet of his father in law.  And FIL is the evil of all evil...hahah he reminds me of the just recent GMB role of baek eun do... evil man!!!

Let's all hope that there is a solid plot for 20 eps... don't disappoint us writernim... good pacing, solid plot and good acting.. im having high hopes!!! This made me go back on threads here in soompi so please hahahaha... make it worthwhile :P

• Like 20

CmJD0tmVYAEqLN8.jpg

Picture

c t o

“Doctors” continues to hold the

top spot in ratings

Jun 29, 2016

SBS drama “Doctors” once again topped the ratings for the Mondays-Tuesdays drama and not only that, they continued to increase in ratings.

“Doctors” with main leads Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won is currently the trendy drama now and they’ve garnered 14.4 percent ratings for their 3rd episode aired on June 27. Which is a 0.2 increase from the second episode.

They once again beat MBC’s “Monster” with their 27th episode having 10.6 percent ratings, and KBS 2TV’s “Beautiful Mind” with 4.7 percent ratings.

All the details were revealed by research company Nielsen Korea.

And for their fourth episode that aired on June 28, they surpassed the 15 percent mark that will make Park Shin Hye perform to “Cheer Up”.

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/06/29/doctors-continues-hold-top-spot-ratings/

--------------

[Drama Review] 'Doctors' - Episode 4

By eric_r_wirsing 

park-shin-hye-lee-sung-kyung-kim-rae-won

DOCTORS -- EPISODE 4

Spoiler

cQZtAYR.jpg

♫ I'm a little teapot, short and stout...♫

Now that Hye Jung is a doctor at Guk Il Medical Center, her life is never dull. She angers her sunbae, meets up with her old teacher (now a successful neurosurgeon like her), and Seo Woo tries to have her removed. Not to mention the surgeries she performs. Meanwhile, the admins that want control of the hospital propose a for-profit venture that the President shoots down.

Seo Woo is still making trouble, though I figured she would be. What I didn't figure on was that she'd be so bad at it. She was so deliciously evil in the previous episodes I was thinking this would go worse than it did. But her best shot this episode is "kick her out because she went to a third-rate school." Um, if she's working there someone obviously saw something they liked, and it's not likely to be that easy. Ah well, we have several more episodes to go.

Spoiler

swUtWlF.jpg

I know I keep saying "It's not what it looks like," but I think in this case it is totally what it looks like.

The Chief Surgeon impresses me -- a lot. He seems very even-handed, despite the fact that two of his staff have had temper tantrums about Hye Jung. And even the two skeevy, greedy admins don't have him in their crosshairs yet. Maybe they won't. He seems inscrutable. I'm hoping nothing bad happens to him.

The reappearance of Ji Hong is amusing. And he's still the same: charming and cocky. And he also had little to do with where Hye Jung is now, so what's he doing there? Maybe history will repeat itself, and Seo Woo will get jealous and try bring them both down? That sounds fun! Let's hope.

Spoiler

xkvCFc8.jpg

"Do you want to see my doggie impression?"

I'm just loving this. Is there any better reason to wake up knowing that in the evening you're going to watch a cool show? Well, yes. But it's a nice bonus. Hye Jung just seems like a great character. We just don't know how she went from low to high just yet. Drama, action, the only thing it's missing is romance, but I'm sure that's not far off.

Score

Plot........................9
Cinematography...9
Pacing..................10

OVERALL............9.3

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/drama-review-doctors-episode-4

----------------------

DRAMA RECAPS
Doctors: Episode 4
by lovepark | June 29, 2016 

doctors04-00076a_2.jpg

Even after thirteen years, some things don’t change. The present is shaped by the past, and no matter how hard some people try to suppress unwanted memories, the past always seems to be interfering with the present. At times, the things of yesterday can teach us and motivate action, but it can also poison the things of today and hinder growth. It’s time for our characters to decide how they’ll let their past influence their present because the string of fate has drawn them all together again.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/doctors-episode-4/

• Like 23

Park Shin Hye to fulfill her Doctor Crush ratings promise by singing and dancing to TWICE

10e724c7-9ab7-4df6-b356-f2cc92624b20.jpg

Park Shin Hye's new drama Doctor Crush has been a smash hit right from episode 1. Before the premier, Park Shin Hye promised that if the drama hit 15% in ratings, she would dance to K-pop girls group TWICE's "Cheer Up." Guess what! 

Doctor Crush has been on a fast and furious trajectory right from the start, reaching 14.2% in South Korea in the first week, and it also leaped to #2 in DramaFever's own Top 10 K-dramas rankings. It has now reached 15.6% in the second week.

Park Shin Hye made her promise when broadcasting live on June 20, as she was about to watch the first episode with friends and staff. She said that if Doctor Crush exceeded 15% in viewer ratings, she would dance to "Shy Shy Shy," referring to K-pop girls group TWICE's song "Cheer Up." She also added, “I will also sing a little.”

The popular Korean actress probably underestimated her star power. Her chemistry with co-star Kim Rae Won is also simply undeniable

f40880c8-f506-468e-870f-ecdfab566160.jpg

It's now been confirmed that Park Shin Hye will fulfill her promise.

On June 28, her representative confirmed by saying, "Park Shin Hye is planning to keep her promise at the drama set this week. Her dancing to "Cheer Up" will be aired through Naver's V App Live as promised."

In case you aren't familiar with TWICE's spirited "Cheer Up," you can imagine practicing the dance with Park Shin Hye to this music video:

source:https://www.dramafever.com/news/park-shin-hye-to-fulfill-her-promise-to-sing-and-dance-to-twice-song-for-doctor-crush/

• Like 18

20 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

If you recall, earlier, she was hesitant on becoming a doctor.. it was what her so-called mother giving so much pressure.

I feel a bit sorry for her during her highschool years. I can relate the insecurities that she has and her annoyance about HJ. I thinks it's very human. She always thinks that she's smart and knows everything. And just like HJ said, she thinks her opinion is a fact, so when she thought HJ is some troubled kid who is no way would be good in studying, it crushed her when she lost to her.

I'm sure that we feel that way too sometimes; but because of her personality and family pressure, she acted on that ill feeling and hurt others.

I kinda hated that she didn't feel a but remorseful towards JH though. I thought she liked him, but then again... she's actually thinking that she's helping him by doing that stupid social media thing. Delusional girl..

19 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Reveal hidden contents

finally PSH's character isn't doing part time job or being a poor candy girl.... than u writer nim. I love that HJ becomes successful, she has nice car, and apparantly, she doesn't need to worry about paying some debts or scolded by a landlady for her rent... lol

Second,

Reveal hidden contents

I love that this drama gives us some idealistic humanism that a doctor should be and what a hospital should stands for. It's so great to have higer rank officials like Chairman Hong, Dr. KTH, Dr. HJH, YHJ and hope many lists to come soon... It's like an insult of a reality today, where we mostly meet some business-oriented doctors and commercial hospital out there. Even there is a saying "If you're poor then you aren't allowed to be sick". I'm not intend to offend any doctors nor judge all doctors are like this, not at all... it's just doctors with true spirit who really sincerely do and carry their oath as a doctor, to treat patients without discrimination, and give prioriy for healing and treating are only few. Well, since I experience it sometimes, when I go to the hospital, we need to passl some stages and even wait for hours just to meet the doctor, but when we visits them in their own clinic, where we pay more expensive, they spare lot more tiime, and we dont need to wait untill our legs cramp. But it might be understandable, since doctor also needs to earn for their living. That's why I love this fantasy that this writer gives. It makes me still want to believe that there must be this kind of doctor out there, it's just like what grandma said, I haven't met them yet.

Third,

Reveal hidden contents

Dramaland seems still feel so reluctant to let go politics its conflict as a seasoning and make it more spicy... gaaahhh... what am I talking about? Clearly, I'm not talking about cooking food, lol.

I like that HJ is still persistenly investigate her grandma's case in secrecy. SW must have thought that her only motive why she chooses to be in Gookil Hospital is solely for their teacher. Apparently, that could be of her reason too as well.. lol.

When HJ meets SW's father, he didn't recognize her, but later on, I think he will later. He ever told her to be in the same level of him  if she wants to deal with him and bring him the evidence of his mistake, then he will gladly take the unishment. I'm not sure he will keep his word, he must block all her way to stop her to catch him. Ugh.. I hope this drama won't give us too many potilical intrigues, but if it should, please let our heroine and hero kick them all. Hiyaaattt...

This kinda remind me of Pinocchio in reverse gender. Hehehe... 

Gosh, I'm totally in love with this drama. But the bigger my love, the bigger my concern. Please writer nim, don't mess this up.

So what do we do until next Monday?

• Like 15

“Doctors” Episode 5 Preview

feat-18.jpg

K-drama, Video PreviewJune 29, 2016

“Doctors” Episode 5 Preview

By Clockwatcher

I suddenly have a million things to watch so I haven’t caught up on this week’s episodes. Regardless, the reviews have been favorable so…

more@http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/06/29/doctors-episode-5-preview/

-------------------------------------------------

Doctors3-4header.jpg

“Doctors” Week 2 Recap – Your Unresolved Past Will Find You

By tessieroo

I can’t believe all the crap that was thrown at Hye Jung in episode 3 but I should be used to the female lead…

Pls. read its entirety@http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/06/29/doctors-week-2-recap-your-unresolved-past-will-find-you/

• Like 19

Can someone explain me what want to say Soon-hee to Hye Jung when she said: "I heard that she became a doctor too (seo woo). You mentioned that you've seen her at school." That means that Hye Jung studied in the same university but she says she studied elsewhere?

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, marev said:

Can someone explain me what want to say Soon-hee to Hye Jung when she said: "I heard that she became a doctor too (seo woo). You mentioned that you've seen her at school." That means that Hye Jung studied in the same university but she says she studied elsewhere?

Perhaps it was at some kind of conference?

We know HJ moved to yet another school while SH also moved schools. It's possible those two were the same, but unlikely since HJ went to a school outside of Seoul while SH went to the best school money could buy (or something along those lines was said by her mom).

It's equally unlikely for them to have attended the same university since SH needed time to remember HJ. If they had attended the same uni, they would've been more than likely in the same classes.

So yeah, you've got a good point. I had noticed those lines but hadn't stopped to wonder about it. And now, ofcourse, I can't let go. So thanks. I needed sleep but I guess that's going to take another day or 4-5 :( 

• Like 12

It's trending hot now.. Seems to remind me of DOTS. 

Cant wait to see PSH sing shy shy shy on v app. Any idea when will she be singing ? 

I kinda root for KTH. He's the one who accompanied her at least for the last 13 years but well, the story is going end up with JH. So I shall silently see as the time goes by...

• Like 15

41 minutes ago, joann0011 said:

It's trending hot now.. Seems to remind me of DOTS. 

Cant wait to see PSH sing shy shy shy on v app. Any idea when will she be singing ? 

I kinda root for KTH. He's the one who accompanied her at least for the last 13 years but well, the story is going end up with JH. So I shall silently see as the time goes by...

S he said that she can't do it this week, so We have to wait a little bit ... our girl is busy with the shooting.

• Like 15