[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

So I just started Ep2 with subs and I started freaking out. Teacher-nim(forgive me, I still have to remember his name.Haven't gotten used to it yet) played Blackbird by the Beatles in his room, BLACKBIRD y'all. That's one of my best classics. 

OK...I'm off to continue watching. LOL.

• Like 15

78800790.2_99_20160622135805.jpg?type=w5

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000482611

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016.06.22 Naver Kdrama + Character + Hot topic Keyword #닥터스 #Doctors #ドクターズ #박신혜 #유혜정 #ParkShinHye #朴信惠 #パク・シネ shared by: @Style.H

ClhyOq3VEAEUvI1.jpg

credit to the owner

• Like 16

Just now, thao_2512 said:

Park Shin Hye started her 1st role in Stairway in heaven and won the child actress award that year, when she was 13

1st leading role when she was 15. Aired when she was 16- Tree of Heaven

Started her Hallyu fame in 2009 in You're beautiful. While the rating wasn't big in China but it's was huge sensation through Asia and created fame for the cast. They have several remakes of the drama

In 2013 her movie Miracle in Cell 7 became one of the highest grossing films in Korea. The same year she started in Heirs, which you know

2014 she was the lead in Pinocchio which hold the highest record selling to China  up until the last few months ago 280k/ep.

She is one of the most popular young actresses in Korea and one of the most popular Korean actresses in China. An example of her popularity: The actress won the most popularity award in Paeksang ( 5 years straight)

Even after a yr and half break most of her CFs got renewed unlike most stars.

In general, she is popular, pretty, has good personality, and can sing, dance, act and pretty much do anything , like cooking, playing musical instrument ? LOL

You can youtube, google or wiki her for more 

In short she is the only YOUNG Korean ACTRESS that  could hold Hallyu power while being popular in Korea as well. Doctors has been trending in Weibo and is buzzing online mostly because of her.

That's why SBS mainly used her to promote Doctors.

I prob missed a lot but you get the idea

I think you forgot to mention Heartstrings - with Jung YongHwa - another good romcom where she danced and sang.

• Like 12

‘Doctors’ dominates local small screens

Updated : June 22 2016

(SBS)

SBS’s new drama series “Doctors” topped competitors among Monday prime-time drama series of Korea’s main three broadcasters, data showed on Wednesday.

Tuesday’s episode of the medical-themed romantic series, starring actress Park Shin-hye and actor Kim Rae-won, took 14.2 percent of nationwide viewership, according to data from local researcher Nielsen Korea. “Doctors,” which premiered Monday, topped the ranking for two days in a row.

MBC’s revenge series “Monster” came at second with 11.1 percent view ratings, followed by KBS 2TV’s medical drama “Beautiful Mind” with 4.5 percent.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

Source:kpopherald

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, viyra said:

I think you forgot to mention Heartstrings - with Jung YongHwa - another good romcom where she danced and sang.

I didn't mention it because  the drama didn't really leave big impact or plays an important role in her career... There are many of her dramas I didn't mention, including my fav FBND

I mainly mentioned ones that play a big part contributed to her current fame. 

I didn't list all her resume. You have wiki and google for that :)

• Like 17

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

For my clarity..can someone give me a dope on why PSH is so famous in Korea.. or like someone was mentioning her dance here.. is she a fab dancer?

I have seen her only in Heirs till date...

Also, the main lead.. is he the one in little bride.. wow!!!..couldn't palce that at all..

Interesting question and I would like to answer it as an overseas fan of PSH. She first became well known as the child actress acting as the young Choi Ji-woo in Stairway to Heaven. However, I wouldn't say she was the most popular in her home country. I would actually say she is more popular overseas than at home hence her Hallyu title. She does have a good reputation as a good filial daughter, opening a restaurant for her parents and doing hands on charity. Also, she hasn't been bitten by the fame disease. She still does 90 degree bows and is very respectful of her seniors and elders. She has had minimum scandals and is known to be very hard working. She attended all her lectures to finish her university degree and if she couldn't attend them she took the semester off. That is why it has taken her seven years to graduate.

As to her dancing, yes she is really good at it. She was originally training to be in a singer + dancer before she debut as a child actress. 

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, Tiggie2 said:

Interesting question and I would like to answer it as an overseas fan of PSH. She first became well known as the child actress acting as the young Choi Ji-woo in Stairway to Heaven. However, I wouldn't say she was the most popular in her home country. I would actually say she is more popular overseas than at home hence her Hallyu title. She does have a good reputation as a good filial daughter, opening a restaurant for her parents and doing hands on charity. Also, she hasn't been bitten by the fame disease. She still does 90 degree bows and is very respectful of her seniors and elders. She has had minimum scandals and is known to be very hard working. She attended all her lectures to finish her university degree and if she couldn't attend them she took the semester off. That is why it has taken her seven years to graduate.

As to her dancing, yes she is really good at it. She was originally training to be in a singer + dancer before she debut as a child actress. 

hmmm I have to disagree lol

I'd say she is one of the most popular YOUNG actresses in Korea, if not MOST popular. prob same level with PBY... PBY has a movie career which shinhye doesn't have... when Shinhye has her hallyu power

I can't recall anyone bigger than her... in their age range.  I'm not comparing her w JJH or LYA ot KHS etc...

The thing that makes her unique and other K-actresses don't have is her Hallyu fame , which means $$$ from China and  what Korea go after LOL

This article talked about there is no 2nd PSH 

http://www.kpopbehind.com/2016/04/korean-drama-and-film-world-looking-for.html 

but the translation missed the hallyu part. Maybe someone can translate from the original article

Anyway this shouldn't be a place to discuss about this.

If OP wanted to talk more we should message each other. 

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Tiggie2 said:

Speaking of dancing... PSH is indeed a good dancer. Youtube-d her dancing prods and I must agree she dances well compared to other idols... and becauseof that i wish her next role in a drama is as a dancer :)  hehe 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

To be honest, those people saying this is a teacher-student love. I didn't once see Ji Hong looking at Hye Jung like that. He is close to her, was watching over her, trying to be her mentor. On the surface, to the outsider that may look inappropriate which is what happened with SW. But we viewers actually had access to their moments not just on surface level so while I get why the girls reacted the way they reacted, it still wasn't HJ or JH's direct fault. JH taking responsibility for this was the right thing to do. He was the more mature one from both of them, he should've at least for the sake of HJ kept line drawn for the outsiders so that they can't point fingers at her. He was happy around her and had no malice or feelings of love for her so he just let it be which is where the chaos began. They already knew each other, are comfortable with each other so there interactions were harmless to them but to the others well they saw more into it than they should.

I think viewers misinterpret due to the misleading directing with romantic background music but they really didn't do or act more than student-teacher...

Hopefully next ep will clear up everything 

• Like 10

I like all Park Shin Hye's works. She has shown a lot of improvement since Pinocchio and it goes the same for her current drama. I don't known how this drama will turn out but so far she has shown great acting after Pinocchio. The way she improved is great & her fans are greater too. They supported her in all means and not go criticising her. Hope this will turn out another big success for her & all the cast.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, kaftanbatikcantik said:

i hope they will be mentor mantee relationship till the end..i hope that gangster leader is actually her 1st love play by ji soo..forgot his name..good if they can be together

i was hoping for him to be jisoo's  older brother/ cousin or gangster hyung who love jisoo so much but cnt recalled who hj is after been mia for awhile and who somehow will become hj's protector in place of jisoo.

accrding to the drama description n characters line, jisoo will leave a big impact on hj's life so maybe something bad happen to him while he n hj r getting closer to each other??

hihi,  this is just my delulu ;)

• Like 12