[Drama 2017] Man To Man 맨투맨

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah for a new project from Park Hae Jin! I'm excited! And I would love to have Cha Seung Won as the top star. They're both so tall and beautiful and talented actors, it's a MUST!

I really hope we don't get any love story in this drama. All the love I want is bromance :lol: And I'm just not mentally prepare to see PHJ with another actress in his arm. Sorry but I'm still very much in love with my JungxSeol and can't see PHJ with anyone other that KGE at the moment.

On 3/29/2016 at 11:36 PM, maboroshi said:

it'd be a dream come true for me if Park Hae Jin and Lee Dong Wook were to be in a drama together :w00t:

I'm sooooo excited for this!! I heard it'll be broadcasted in July on Friday and Saturdays? Has this been confirmed? 

There is still big chance for LDW though me personally hope it will be KDW and GY...miss these two so bad in dramaland... :heart::heart:

Yes yes yes PHJ in a new project, this drama better be good, I pray for it to be good, but until 2017 ? So will it be pre-produced ? Can we get Ji Sung to play the top star ? I know he'll be in a new drama soon but can't help it, he's on of my favorite actors, hahahahahhahahah. 

We don't know if they'll give PHJ a love story in this, but if there is, then I want lots and lots of hugs, you can't have PHJ and not give him plent of hug scenes, he's the best hugger  in all of dramaland.

Just to keep this thread going......

Park Hae Jin to star in JTBC‘s upcoming drama “Man to Man” with “Descendants of the Sun” scriptwriter

park-hae-jin-lang-tu-duoi-troi-tuyet-don

According to WM Entertainment, Park Hae Jin agency, it was revealed through news outlets and also by a press release on March 29 that it is confirmed that they are into casting negotiations.

Kim Won Suk will be the scriptwriter of “Man to Man” who is one of the writers of the very popular drama series of KBS2‘s “Descendants of the Sun” which is currently airing.

The two met together to discuss and then agreed upon on working together for this project after seeing the outline of the script.

Park Hae Jin is said to be playing the role of an enigmatic bodyguard with different skills.

Presently, the actor is very thankful and enjoyed the great success of his cable dramas tvN’s “Cheese in the Trap” and OCN‘s “Bad Guys,” and fans are excited to see him back on tv screens this year.

source

Park Hae Jin to transform into a mysterious bodyguard for drama 'Man to Man'!

park-hae-jin_1459224547_af_org.jpg

Doesn't the prospect of Yoojung sunbae Park Hae Jin as a mysterious bodyguard alone just scream, "Watch me"?

It sure seems like one huge promotional edge to upcoming JTBC drama 'Man to Man'!

On March 29, Park Hae Jin's label WM Company confirmed that the actor had made his final decision to take on the leading role in 'Man to Man'! The actor will be transforming into a crafty, cunning, mysterious bodyguard for a top celebrity!

But what's the catch behind all of that mysteriousness? You'll have to find out for yourself! No official dates have been announced for 'Man to Man's filming or airing.

ALLKPOP

• 2 weeks later...

Yeahhhh, been busy with the office that I could not keep up with the news in Soompi. It's a pleasure to be back and a whole new drama's thread to communicate with friends.

Annyeong, chingus <3  @maboroshi, @IreneY, @mgicc, @qwenli,   @Sunny Sun @luvcrabbieshinhwa, @allievera, @leeagassi,  @angiemty, @chasingdaisy, @chocolatepie, @istanbullu_emine @badsmuler, @irilight

Up until now, there is no information regarding the celebrity character, so it is not easy to predict the actor. However, I remember back in the early days of his career, Park Hae Jin once talks about his dongsaeng in the industry, Jung Il Woo, as someone he would like to work with. And since the image of JIW is quite comparable to a famous celebrity, I really hope the drama would be a chance to see Jin and Woo working together haha

11 hours ago, Trang Ngân said:

Up until now, there is no information regarding the celebrity character, so it is not easy to predict the actor. However, I remember back in the early days of his career, Park Hae Jin once talks about his dongsaeng in the industry, Jung Il Woo, as someone he would like to work with. And since the image of JIW is quite comparable to a famous celebrity, I really hope the drama would be a chance to see Jin and Woo working together haha

ahhhh. That would be so awesome.....! I would love to see a bromance between Park Hae-Jin and Jung Il-Woo's characters. 
I just don't know about scheduling; I think Jung Il-Woo is filming now Cinderella and Four Knights. I don't know when it will finish filming...  Maybe @ilwoo_aein knows.

According to the article below, they are looking for someone with great on screen chemistry with Park Hae-Jin. I am sure Jung Il-Woo would qualify..

I really hope they get a good actor, and not an idol... pretty please...

Park Hae-jin’s next move to be bodyguard in drama

Actor Park Hae-jin -- who has earned pan-Asian fame with his role as a mysterious male lead in tvN drama “Cheese in the Trap” -- is currently in negotiations to star in JTBC’s upcoming drama, “Man to Man,” according to local reports Friday.

20160304000796_0.jpg

He was offered the role of the protagonist, a bodyguard in charge of protecting a top star.

The actor who will play the celebrity has not been decided yet, but the producers are currently searching for an actor who has great on-screen chemistry with Park. 

Cable channel JTBC’s drama “Man to Man” is expected to air its pilot episode by the end of 2016.

source

An idol-actor with like-wise acting as Lee Joon is great as well. The drama will focus on bromance, right? I wonder what genre it would be. Action? Thriller? Or a slices-of-life type?

In my favor, i do hope it will be the last one, with every episodes is short stories revolves around the bromance, with no makjang plot twist but meaningful lessons in life, that would be great.

Possibly the story would be that :

1) The celebrity/star's life is in danger (someone wants to kidnap or kill him): Park HaeJin's character's job is to protect him:

a ) He could be a witness to a crime

b ) He could connected with the person related to the crime

c ) He is a chaebol's son. A potential heir. Others wants to kill him because of the inheritance.

d ) An anti-fan wants to kill him

e ) An obsessive fan wants to possess him

2) Park HaeJin's character is working  on a case and the celebrity is helping him to solve the crime.

a ) They are forced to work together to solve the crime. In order for the people won't speculate, Park HaeJin's character posed to be his bodyguard.

b ) Park HaeJin's character needs help from the celebrity to solve crimes. In exchange, he will become celebrity's bodyguard.

• 1 month later...

@uglypearl PHJ had mentioned that he watched the american drama Burn Notice, so I think the story could be a mix of that and Jason Bourne series of movies. @kiefshi1056 Since the title is Man to Man, I think the female role is not prominent, hence I dont have high hopes that it will be a big name actress. 

hmm, such a long wait for this drama....

• 3 weeks later...

hello!

i decided to drop by this thread since i'm on soompi anyway....

@qwenli i was hoping it will be something Bourne-esque character that he will play on. he should be smart and has killer moves, and he should be calm. i'll be very happy if that's the case. they gonna cast a female actress for the love line though. i'm not sure how it will work out. once i read about that, my mind switch from bourne trilogies to bodyguard from beijing lol.

but still there arent any news yet. i'm on the edge now...

Archived