[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Hello, guys! I'm so behind in this thread (you are seriously super fast! LOL) It's so hot at my place that i fell like melting in my bathroom. So bear with me if i post something that was already mentioned.
First of all thank you guys for all the BTS, articles and MVs.

So looks like there is still hope will get at least one episode next week (crossing my fingers)

Also there probably won't be any the week after this due to finals. I feel kind of worried 'cause in this case we would have an odd number of episodes during the last week of airing. Thus the team may decide to add another one to even the numbers which usually doesn't bode well for the plot. So I still hope they will decide to air one episode per week during the Olympics or at least leave the number of episodes unchanged.

On 05.08.2016 at 2:02 PM, MadraRua said:

As in Phantom of the Opera :D He's got that whole static mask thing going on...  

I think it was he who brought Yoon Joo back into the comic world. It doesn't have an identity but has taken on a life of it's own and now it's looking to her for answers. One things certain - they'll have to create a character for this figure or it'll never stop haunting them. That'll be the only way to destroy it. 

I like your idea, chingu. give him face and let him *rest in peace*. Hmm, if you look from this perspective the hooded man seems kind of pitiful. He is stuck in between two worlds unable to live or die, with the only *program* in his mind and without even having an id for himself. He is like a hound who lost his master and doesn't know what to do so he proceeds in the only way he understands *kill the one who stands in the way of his initial task* or maybe now it is *kill the one who brings *confusion* into his world*...

Also I agree with other chingus in the thread about YJ being the 'cause of the killer re-appearing again. She decided to write the sequel but as we know there is no good story without a antagonist/ killer. Sure Prosecuror Han can be a royal pain in the butt but he is not that dangerous.

OH MY! They are wearing couple shirts!:wub: Aww, so cute! I didn't know KC had it in him. LOL YJ must have blackmailed him into wearing one.:P Did he loose a bet or something?:D

13735997_1402621156418777_938588110_n_zp

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, Harukogirl said:

To prepare myself for the possible 3 week wait, I've finally started watching my Director's Cut blu-ray of Healer. I finally got one a few months back, but was too busy with grad school and job interviews to do it justice...now I'm watching (SOOOOOO GOOOOOD - Everyone, together now: "Ohhhh~ My Love").

But...still....how do I wait????:bawling:  I know I can't make Healer last 3 weeks~!!! Heck, I'll be lucky if it lasts ONE WEEK. hahahaha

Maybe I'll re-watch QIHM and IHYV next....:bawling:

why 3 week? they may postpone some episodes but they won't do that for the entire 3 weeks...I think!! or would they?!!

and you have the aired episodes of W to rewatch and find more clues and end up with more question at the end of the day!! :lol:

37 minutes ago, claudi4k1m said:

Haha thank you.if I can speak or wrote in korean, I will stalk mbc homepage asking for bts. Haha

I'm never this crazy before.haha

Btw han hyo joo looked so much like song hye kyo in one kissing pic where she is closing her eyes, only Han hyo joo is :blush:prettier. ( I don't know how to copy paste photo, I'm very new to soompi thing) 

:grimace:

I know a little but till not enough to stalk them!! :lol:

yes I mistook them for each other before but not any more :D they are both toooooo pretty!! 

Spoiler

if you want to pot a pic you just have to take the pics link and copied in your post (it's what I do most of the time) or use the "insert other midea" botton in the down right side of post where you're writing!! (it' above the botton "submit reply") then pick 'insert image from URL", another widow will show up to you and you have to put the link of the photo you want to post where ther gave you an "ex:http://...." and confime it, that's all!! I hope that helped, I'm not that good with explination!! :) 

1 hour ago, Lady_Fay said:

I did not have the time to actually watch episode 6 with subs yet, so I will refrain from commenting on that one until I could actually catch up with it. And after backreding all the pages I missed and reading about a possible cancelation of the broadcast within the next 2 weeks due to the Olympics I'm currently thinking maybe I should wait a bit longer before I actually watch it as I will start graving for the next episode as soon as I'm done with it.

Considering the possible cancelation of the upcoming episodes I know it's bad for us as we all want to see what is happening next but I try to at least understand all the arguments for a cancelation as well. The cast can't be to happy if the ratings would drop after they are currently the ratings leader just because the other channels show some competitions with South Korean Athletes competing. And I try to see some lightning in the dark - having this break would give the crew a bit more time to perfect all the still unshot episodes with less pressure. Cause I assume the special effects in W are nothing that can be done within minutes so let's just think positively and ssume the longer we need to wait the better will be the result of the last episodes. Having this short break in the braodcasting schedule would acutally help them to prevent the usual drama curse of the last episodes loosing in quality (concerning editing etc.). And it would prevent the main cast from having the usual black around their eyes around we are so used to see the longer the shoots are running and the closer they are on live-shooting mode.

There's just one side-effect I'm wondering about but s it could be seen as a bit OT I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Hide contents

I do wonder whether 'Uncontrollably Fond' would actually benefit form W being cancelled or would be harmed as an end result. I assume it won't be so easy to cancel the broadcast of UF as they air simultaniously and China most likely would not agree to cancel their broadcast for UF with being the bigger market. If UF would not be shown on the Korean channel the next weeks the fans would just try to get hold of the chinese versions and their ratings would presumably completely tank which than again would help W to gain a rise in ratings.

To soothe over our longing for W until we get a confirmation of wether W will be canceled or not I will post a collection of some more reviews I came across (long post ahead - sorry)...

---

I'm sorry to cut your post!!

thank you for all the shared reviews, I love reading everything written about W!! :D 

you're right, I can't made up my mide till now if it' good or bad but the good side of it is the team having more time and less pressure to reach the quality they want for the rest of the remainig episodes!! though I want my episodes but I can (I'll try really hard to) deel with one episode this week and let's see what will happen the next week!! :) 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, evie7 said:

panda-emoticon-20.gif It was ridiculous. That whole issue that a major broadcaster has "no idea" if they are going to air a major sporting event... It's not like the Olympics snuck up on MBC. It would have been a lot easier if they just announced that they were going to postpone in the first place, it would have been disappointing but the maybe maybe not was a bit much. Oh well  there's not a whole lot we can do about it. Except to just fangirl over our OTP 

That's what got me so upset, chingu! They knew the airing would eventually collide with the Olympics so why not prepare before hand and possibly make some room for shuffling their schedule to fit the episodes in at a different airing time or air the two episodes together on a different day? I agree that this cutting of number of episodes per week would affect the flow of the story and it's perception.
It's just sad and frustrating. :(

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Hello, guys! I'm so behind in this thread (you are seriously super fast! LOL) It's so hot at my place that i fell like melting in my bathroom. So bear with me if i post something that was already mentioned.
First of all thank you guys for all the BTS, articles and MVs.

So looks like there is still hope will get at least one episode next week (crossing my fingers)

Also there probably won't be any the week after this due to finals. I feel kind of worried 'cause in this case we would have an odd number of episodes during the last week of airing. Thus the team may decide to add another one to even the numbers which usually doesn't bode well for the plot. So I still hope they will decide to air one episode per week during the Olympics or at least leave the number of episodes unchanged.

I like your idea, chingu. give him face and let him *rest in peace*. Hmm, if you look from this perspective the hooded man seems kind of pitiful. He is stuck in between two worlds unable to live or die, with the only *program* in his mind and without even having an id for himself. He is like a hound who lost his master and doesn't know what to do so he proceeds in the only way he understands *kill the one who stands in the way of his initial task* or maybe now it is *kill the one who brings *confusion* into his world*...

Also I agree with other chingus in the thread about YJ being the 'cause of the killer re-appearing again. She decided to write the sequel but as we know there is no good story without a antagonist/ killer. Sure Prosecuror Han can be a royal pain in the butt but he is not that dangerous.

OH MY! They are wearing couple shirts!:wub: Aww, so cute! I didn't know KC had it in him. LOL YJ must have blackmailed him into wearing one.:P Did he loose a bet or something?:D

I'm new with on going dramas (1st one ever was KMHM) and the dramas I watched was never postponed (lucky me) the only time I remember reading/seeing such a thing was with Pinocchio (I didn't watch it while it was airing, I was only watching Lee Jong Seok's scenes which wa the 1st time I ever knew him but made me cry everytime he was crying or in pain (nice meeting you Lee Jong Seok-ssi!!), and read the recaps) though I don't remember why they postponed it but as I remember they aired two episodes back to back (right?) and there was no need to make one more episode so don't think they'll need to have an added episode for W!!

you guys made me feel almost sorry for him, though he's after my OTP so that sympathy flies out of the window, but yes please give him a face and identity so he can be caught and stoped and rest in peace!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aww our Kang Choel has it in him, he only had no one to show it to but now he have Yeon Joo!! ;):wub: 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mabelialong said:

why kang cheol said to yeon joo 's father they have met couple of time? they only met one time only

I believe what KC meant is that their current conversation would make it second time. So basically they've met a couple of times: first on the rooftop and the second time is here at the studio.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm new with on going dramas (1st one ever was KMHM) and the dramas I watched was never postponed (lucky me) the only time I remember reading/seeing such a thing was with Pinocchio (I didn't watch it while it was airing, I was only watching Lee Jong Seok's scenes which wa the 1st time I ever knew him but made me cry everytime he was crying or in pain (nice meeting you Lee Jong Seok-ssi!!), and read the recaps) though I don't remember why they postponed it but as I remember they aired two episodes back to back (right?) and there was no need to make one more episode so don't think they'll need to have an added episode for W!!

I hope you are right. And either we will get one episode per week during the Olympics or two back-to -back episodes at some point.
I've read maaaany pages ago that the script for W was already written fully so I don't wish for them to change anything in accommodation for the number count of episodes per week. That would definitely affect the story.
So let's hope they choose wisely.

26 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

you guys made me feel almost sorry for him, though he's after my OTP so that sympathy flies out of the window, but yes please give him a face and identity so he can be caught and stoped and rest in peace!!

Lol the man has no face ofc we should pity him a little. but just a liiiiittle bit.;)

• Like 6

@sakura2016 Thanks. Actually I found some more reviews about the last 2 episodes.

I'm sorry if these have already been posted before. I tried to backtrck as many pages as possible to avoid double-posting but my sleepiness is kicking in so I'm loosing my concentration. Time to get some sleep so I decided to just quickly post them before falling asleep...

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "W" Episode 5

2016/08/03 | 1273 views | 0 Comment | Permalink

photo753678.jpg

There's a perspective shift from Yeon-joo to Cheol here, which ends up explaining a lot of details about the premise of "W" that until now have been unclear. First of all, we know what the title "W" refers to internally now, and have a better grasp of the sequence of events that led Cheol from tragic backstory to genius investigator. But the more important shift is Cheol's emotional state. By reading the "W" comic book, Cheol can see his entire life pass in front of him.

full review: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-w-episode-5-97407.html

---

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "W" Episode 6

2016/08/04 | 2276 views | 0 Comment | Permalink

photo753893.jpg

Recent events have led "W" to a bit of an impasse. Cheol figures out a way to "solve" all the problems mentioned by Seong-moo, but as expected this solution is completely unsatisfying from a narrative standpoint. It also brings up all sorts of weird issues with quantum mechanics and zen philosophy. Can Cheol really "die" if he's not alive in the first place? To what extent does Cheol even exist if his actions are defined by the "Real" people who observe him?

full review: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-w-episode-6-97432.html

---

[Drama Review] 'W' - Episode 5

By jubilantj   2 days ago   20,214   4,407   14
lee-jong-suk,han-hyo-joo
This episode of 'W' was the most tolerable yet. 

As I watched the episode, I realized how random the romance part of the drama seems at the moment. It would have fared perfectly fine as simply a mystery/thriller genre without the cheesy romancing and awkward lip-grazing kiss scenes. This is especially true now that I know Kang Chul is a webtoon character who possesses enough willpower to overcome any situation, no matter how extreme or dire. And yes, that includes death. 

full review: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/drama-review-w-episode-5

---

[Drama Review] 'W' - Episode 6

By jubilantj   24 hours ago   26,303   10,629   13
lee-jong-suk,han-hyo-joo

Yeon Joo's father is still alive, Chul commits suicide, and Yeon Joo is drawn back into the webtoon world of 'W'.

The episode explored Yeon Joo's conflicting, roller coaster-like emotions toward Chul, the same man (thing?) who's put her life through such turmoil. I mean, come on. The dude shot her father. If I were her, that's where I'd draw the line and say, "Nope!" You mess with my fam, then you don't get to mess with me no more.

full review: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/drama-review-w-episode-6

• Like 13

This is BTS in hospital scene.... (sorry if it already share b4)

I just can't help but laugh hard when I read the article (thanks 2 google translate) :joy:

`더블유(W)` 이종석, 스킨십 한 번에 심박수 요동 `당황`… "아찔했어~"

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?artid=A201607260273&dable=10.1.4

B20160726121546580.jpg

`W. (W)` Lee Jong-seok have soared heart rate in physical contact with Han Hyo-joo...

.........................................................................................................................

Well, if u watch the bts vid han hyo joo only said to Lee jong suk "so cute" several times and LJS said he is nervous.

I've 2 say the same with HHJ, "He's so cute" :kiss_wink:

And another promotion news about "W" is worthy to watch....

`W(더블유)` 이종석♥한효주 "장인이 보고있다"… "딸바보 성무의 `극한직업`"

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&wowcode=W000&artid=A201608060026&compcode=WO

B20160806114644687.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

I hope you are right. And either we will get one episode per week during the Olympics or two back-to -back episodes at some point.
I've read maaaany pages ago that the script for W was already written fully so I don't wish for them to change anything in accommodation for the number count of episodes per week. That would definitely affect the story.
So let's hope they choose wisely.

Lol the man has no face ofc we should pity him a little. but just a liiiiittle bit.;)

lets hope for the best and trust our drama's team to keep on the great work they've been doing till now!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, my sympathy will last as long as he doesn't show up in fromt my OTP, after that is different matter!! ;) 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Lady_Fay said:

@sakura2016 Thanks. Actually I found some more reviews about the last 2 episodes.

I'm sorry if these have already been posted before. I tried to backtrck as many pages as possible to avoid double-posting but my sleepiness is kicking in so I'm loosing my concentration. Time to get some sleep so I decided to just quickly post them before falling asleep...

sorry to cut your post!! and thank you again!! :D no they weren't posted before as much as I know of!! :D

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

So True. Can't wait to see this side of him.:wub::wub::wub:

me toooooooooo!!! :wub::wub::wub: I was swooning and squeeing evrytime they were together without really being a couple what would happen to me now that they are a real couple!! :love: 

27 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

which scenes shows he mentioned this, I think I miss something here, need a re-watch to find out then... ;)

@nonski I tried to be okay, but seriously, can they arrange the scedule better, I mean they have the rights to adjust the shows, they can air both.. like airing earlier before the olympics started or later after it airs.

thanks for the info, let's fill up their pages with tons of our protest if that gives a tiny possibility to keep both episodes in airing. But I doubt that they will, last time in SWP, no matter how hard the fans sent the protest petition or plead for back-to-back episode or anything, MBC still made everyone upset and even cancelled in the last minute. But maybe, just maybe, this time will be different, let's give it a try...

Agree to this 100%

if #8 is a bit difficult, this one will do... Yes to this!!!

yessss... pleaseeee...!!!

this is also what I thought.

hahaha... everyone, I'm strying to cool down my anxiety over the postpone, let's do meditation like he did.. lol

While reciting "Please air it, just let it airs please" :lol:

@evie7 that's it! MBC is hesitant, why dont they confirm it already, they knows fans still want it to be aired even it's in late hour. They're really teasing us and testing viewers patience.

Okay, let's calm again... *back to mditation mode*  :lol:  :lol:

hhhhhhhhhhh the pics you posted of him won't allow me to do any meditation!! :wub: add to it I feel depresed that I can't sit the way he's sitting!! :tears: 

l'll (try to) be fine with giving me one episode this week, it's better than nothing!! :blink: :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

After watchings this weeks episode it was no surprise that YJ could revive KC because from earlier episode we saw that she created him. I also found the question she asked very interesting and that was when a story ends what happens to the people? I'm sure this will play a big part in her decision when the drama is close to ending, Will she live in his world or will he live in hers? The father forgot one thing and that was he had created the murderer character so he had to be somewhere, I won't be surprised if it turns out to be the prosecutor because that case made his career.

Since the W story has taken on a life of its own the main characters are writing their own story,and no longer need the father. 

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Has these been posted? I still couldnt catch up with every single post... sorry for reposting if they has....

:heart::heart::heart:

Hangangriver BTS

Hide contents

credit to W fb

The way they film the suicide attempt is pettry dangerous, LJS did it himself, he hangs on that wire, he didnt use stuntman... great, we can get the scenes perfectly good, except the part of suicide thing.

don't be sorry they are too good to be posted one time :P and I'm like this now!! :love: 

yes it is really dangerous and worst they shot it while pooring rain on him so it became more and more dangerous but he did a great job, I feel sorry for him that he ended up wearing a coat to warm up when they are filming in summer!! 

now I don't know if this was posted before but I don't remember watching it so...

I want to see more of this can I?!! bromance...action...I want more!! :D:wub: 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, camichi said:

Actually this is a drama to review constantly because we can get easily confused, and related with your coment I think you are right only if the writer is not playing with 4th dimension theory but, who knows?
Many pages before I made a comment about this, I said that time is the key. Because, deferent dimensions coexist together and remember that in her world 30 min could be a week or two months in his. Two months passed already in the real world and  here the time is slowest, and the man that was founded was wearing a ring. What if in his world had passed more time and they have already had their fake marriage?  And that’s the reason that man has a ring.
This is only a way to see the events, may be yes and  may be not.

Sorry, i am confused

yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-25.gif?1301940

I don't think it matters whether how many months/years will pass in the webtoon world because every time YJ gets out of the manhwa, she's always in the present time of the real world. And that's what matters. Time just flows differently for the two worlds. It won't make sense for KC (even though already married in the webtoon) to come out in the real world as a dead body in the morgue because that time is already in the past. To stay consistent with what the show has shown us, YJ and even KC will always come out in the present time of the real world.

Haha. This show really does wonders to our brains. x.x

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Harukogirl said:

To prepare myself for the possible 3 week wait, I've finally started watching my Director's Cut blu-ray of Healer. I finally got one a few months back, but was too busy with grad school and job interviews to do it justice...now I'm watching (SOOOOOO GOOOOOD - Everyone, together now: "Ohhhh~ My Love").

But...still....how do I wait????:bawling:  I know I can't make Healer last 3 weeks~!!! Heck, I'll be lucky if it lasts ONE WEEK. hahahaha.

Maybe I'll re-watch QIHM and IHYV next....:bawling:

We have the exact same favorites! (If those are your favorites.)

Anyway, is the episode 7 not airing next week? I thought that was confirmed? That we'll get 1 ep next week. T.T

• Like 5