[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Can anyone explain why YJ's dad always looks so angry (or stressed, idk)?

and in ep 2, what did YJ do in particular that she was able to get to W's world? I watched the ep but couldn't get it. It just randomly happened?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Good Morning!

I just started to watch Episode 2 with subs - it was just out too late for me to wait. I tried - but in the end I fall asleep. :D

One thing I´m sure now - Sung Moo never draw the characters. I only see him drawing the Background - and Soo Bong said it too - they only working with the Background. So - as I believe - Sung Moo  never could decide that Kang Chul will kill himself - he can only try to kill him - using something what he creates around him (but not a living thing as I guess right now) . Soo Bong said only Sung Moo can draw the Characters. And he is always alone in his dark room.

I need to watch more now - I just wanted to say hello! :D

could it be? but he said that he should have ended back then in the bridge!! and now we see that even though he starts drawing either a new draw comes from no where or it changes by itself and then he couldn't even draw anything on the screen he's using which means he can't even controle the surrounding of Kang Cheol like you said!! but yes there i something fishy about him always drawing by himself in the dark!! is it because he knows that he's screen is more than everybody else things of it?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I love you post and agree with you!! but don't think that the father is the hooded man not before and not now that we're going to see him fighting with Kang Cheol which showes that that man knows martial arts and strong unlike Yeon Jo's father!!

about Kang Cheol's webtoon, it's horror thriller genre manhwa (but had a turne to romance thanks to Yeon Joo's entry into it :lol:) and he have W broadcast that is invitigating crimes like the case of his family's murder but I can see why he couldn't find him yet since he left no trace and never showed up after his family's murder till the rooftop incident and next episode and Kang Cheol doesn't have ennemies that he knows of at his age of 19 years old!! seriously who would be ennemie a 19 years old boy enough to murder his entire family that way and frame him for it?!! he ha to be a psychopath to do that!!

and I want to see how Kang Cheol became the man he is now!! what made him this loved and respected man and what made his bodyguard give up his title to stay by his side and protect him!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhh how great would it be if we had that watch!! ahhhh why wedneday this far?!!!  

Yes... after watching again and again I doubt it's the father who's the killer.. so I decided to do some research of my own... kekeke... the word W ...a couple of things stood out when I googled the letter W specifically (I'm obsessed, and I can't stop thinking about W even though I have exams tomorrow!) ... So...

1: Poor w is so infamous and unknown that many barely know either its name or its shape, not those who aspire to being Latinists, as they have no need of it, nor do the Germans, not even the schoolmasters, know what to do with it or how to call it;

2: (This was what jumped out at me in the most obvious way!)The Japanese language uses "W", pronounced /daburu/, as an ideogram meaning "double"

3: The Computing Codes.

Character W w
Unicode name latin capital letter w     latin small letter w
Encodings decimal hex decimal hex
Unicode 87 U+0057 119 U+0077
UTF-8 87 57 119 77
Numeric character reference W W w w
EBCDIC family 230 E6 166 A6
ASCII 1 87 57 119 7

This is all courtesy Wiki. Now...on to the drama... if Yeon Joo's appa had contemplated killing Kang Chul along with his family, or by throwing him off the bridge, why would he have named it W ? Out of all the research of the word W the closest relation is the computer codes because Kang Chul majors in Computer science, doesn't he? I'm guessing he turns out to be a genius at coding and hence the name of his company, W..

...but then the Japanese language uses W for double... right now we have double worlds. And two people who have been moving in and out of the two worlds. What I am speculating is, perhaps Yeon Joo's dad can't really go there at will like Yeon Joo.. and that each time he has ended up there he has come back traumatised physically or mentally... that being said, it's really no wonder that his first concern was whether Yeon Joo was hurt... Also...does his lack of shock at her presence in the webtoon, show that she might have done it before? As a child? That's very very Alice in Wonderland! *Squeals*

Also...if you put the maths angle like @LyraYoo mentioned, we actually have the most complex plot angle... speaking of maths... W is the 23rd alphabet.. 23 adds up to 5... which is again half of ten... now I'm just making random connections and blabbering... somebody get this week to pass by fast before I lose my head completely!

• Like 9

15 hours ago, VIPgurl97 said:

Can anyone explain why YJ's dad always looks so angry (or stressed, idk)?

and in ep 2, what did YJ do in particular that she was able to get to W's world? I watched the ep but couldn't get it. It just randomly happened?

because he knows that his webtoon became a reality... he was drag into KC's world too not only YJ... and he can't control the story on his own because it has it's own life now...this is why he's so stressed ...Imagine you created something that came to life and it haunts you now...who wouldn't be crazy or stressed with that...hahahaha

and for your 2nd question...Idk if this is the right answer but everytime KC is in danger ...YJ will be drag in his world whether she like it or not...I think fate is moving for both of them.... remember that someone wants to kill KC by injecting potassium on him but he was saved by YJ right on time...

• Like 7

Hi everyone! It's been a long while since I de-lurked (forgot my soompi pw and finally got around to reset haha) and I just had to shout out how AWESOME 'W' is!! Every twist just makes me squeal like a guinea pig gone mad and it's been a long, long while since I was this excited about a drama ahhhhh! Everything in the premiere week is simply on-point from the casting, to the directing, the sound and just about every other thing. And oh... Lee Jong Suk, can you be any more PERFECT??? :wub:   

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ferlycious said:

done watching episode 2.. i am so thrilled how will this story unfolds.. it keeps bugging me if who's the real monster here? and I'm sure there is something behind that "the key to my life" thing that Kang Chul keeps saying. Is it something that he wants to be alive for real not just in the webtoon? lol :P 

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

me watching this drama be like Yeon Joo... what the hell is happening?? hahaha so excited for this drama! can't wait.

Sorry  have to quote this photo.:sweatingbullets: Imagine your ideal man appearing in front of you in his flashy sports car looking sexy as hell like Kang Chul did! I seriously wanted to know what's going on in Yeon Joo's mind at that moment. I bet the fan girl in her is going crazy.  :wub::lol:Totally love her expression in this photo. I will surely be speechless for a moment like her if that ever happens to me. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

because he knows that his webtoon became a reality... he was drag into KC's world too not only YJ... and he can't control the story on his own because it has it's own life now...this is why he's so stressed ...Imagine you created something that came to life and it haunts you now...who wouldn't be crazy or stressed with that...hahahaha

and for your 2nd question...Idk if this is the right answer but everytime KC is in danger ...YJ will be drag in his world whether she like it or not...I think fate is moving for both of them.... remember that someone wants to kill KC by injecting potassium on him but he was saved by YJ right on time...

She holds the key to his life... 

The more Appa tries to kill him, the more complex it gets...the third time, Kang Chul didn't even need Yeon Joo to save him... time stopped (how, Lord?!! HOW?!!!) and he saved himself...

It's all interwoven... I feel like the answer is right there, staring at us and we are not able to figure it out.... arrrghhhhhh!! 

I love this drama and I hate it for doing this to me.. :D

P.S: Someone mentioned Final destination somewhere in the thread.. :D that was my first reaction when I saw that black humongous truck too!!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Love1403 said:

Just some theories of mine:

- Could Yeon Joo's dad have wanted Kang Chul dead ever since when his family was murdered? Because remember he was supposed to get death sentence. But what if the Webtoon already wrote it own story then and the final verdict by Supreme Court acquitted him, hence he lived despite his creator wanted him dead? 

- Another moment Yeon Joo's dad wanted KC dead seems to be at the Han River. But Kang Chul's willpower or another 3rd invisible hand was at play and changed the story, KC lived. 

It's mention Yeon Joo can draw just like her father. I think what if Kang Chul was created by Yeon Joo when she was young. Or that dad took her's ideal type and shaped/made Kang Chul character, hence she's his real creator and hold a key to his life?

- About the black hooded figure, what if there's a dobbelganger of Kang Chul out there, like his twins or something who does evil and took the story writing it on his own (murdering Kang Chul's family). And SM has met this KC dobbelganger and mistaken for KC, hence he was scared and wanted to kill of KC to end the story. Bc he's scared of the black hooded figure (who maybe could cross to the real world and be a treat to SM)?

- Could the black hooded figure be Kang Chul other personality, having double personality he just doesn't know of? Hence YJ dad is so terrified of him, bc her dad witnessed it? Maybe he wrote him to have dobbel personality, but then the story just wrote on its own and he was terrified?

right now I just think of either dobbelganger or split personality of Kang Chul, which could make sense since the tittle for this drama W, read as "Double U/You" in Korean. 

Anyways whatever the unresolved plot is, the writer is seriously doing a good job at making us curious and make our brain thinking. There's so many possibilities with this drama, and I'm hella excited for the ride with W.

Woah, it would explain so much about the connection between KC and YJ. Funny that it sounds like an unconventional version of the typical K-drama first love backstory. I really love this idea.

and we share the same theory regarding the possibility of a doppelganger! High-five! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, uknowahah said:

The only way to explain YJ's dad's disappearance is that he was sucked into the webtoon as well. But yeah, it's weird that his experience wasn't depicted in the actual comic. I think one of the critical point that eventually led to YJ's dad deranged behavior and obsession over killing KC lies in the chapter where KC was about to jump into Han river. Did he meant to end the series there, but somehow that was the first time KC possessed some free will that he himself decided to live on? Or perhpas YJ's dad changed his mind on killing him because he did say he regretted it. Somehow after that incident, YJ's dad started seeing a monster in him. I don't know who grabbed and dragged him in - the hand does look like KC's (bloodied) but apparently he don't remember doing so (he don't remember dragging YJ in either) - which led me to believe what he remembers might not be everything. 

I'm just fantasizing randomly because there's so much potential. I'm sure whatever the writer has in store for us won't let us down. :blush:

@ohnoitscindy HHJ is really starting to sound like an ahjumma. HAHAHA. What?? He's 1995er?? and to think he plays a character aged 31.... 

Ohhhh... you might be right.:astonished: I mean the webtoon was written in Kang Chul's point of view so if he doesn't remember something then it's not going to be drawn/shown in the webtoon? Also, probably one of the reasons why Yeon Joo's dad was so scared of Kang Chul was that someone might have tried to pull him into the webtoon in the past. It could be Kang chul or some else but he just assumed it was Kang chul? Gosh I so love this drama.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Delulu_jie2830 said:

I told you I am interested in the drama, didn't I ? Hahaha. I am not sure I can read all of the post but we'll see. Off you go! :D 

hhhhhh yes you did but it's great to see you joining us and that you loved it!! :D 

8 hours ago, MarieJose said:

Aaaahhh i feel so proud and happy :D  :D  to the point that my sisters keep telling me that i'm not the one who wrote it nor acted nor directed kkkk but still i feel proud becquse of my bias, very very proud

my sisters watched W with me (i think i told you how they're so not in k dramas) but suprisingly when the second ep ended : the first kept nagging to watch the rest of the episodes right at that moment because she doesn't know it's not aired yet and she was furious when i told her she have to wait for a week for only two other episodes , the second wanted to repeat the episode because it was so intriguing and wanted to understand it better and the third just asked to watch the bts and evrything else related to it ... that's awesome right ?? I'm so freaking happy !!!!!!!

by the way... i want to share this thought i had and it's so confusing ... what will happen to the webtoon when kang cheol is out to the real world ? Would it keep being written ?? If so then the real world will also be transformed into a webtoon right ? That means maybe the two worlds will collide and become only one ? And there will be no going back and forth and they will just face the one who's writing it ? It's confusing right !!

ps @Rania Zeid were these the translated comments from the article i asked about ?? Because i'm not really sure since the one intalmed about it's top comments had more then 7k upvotes ... unless it was translated before hand can hou please confirm .. and again thank hou for your effort !! Oh how about you tell us what you think and how you are right now ... i left you sick worried two days ago :P and you only kept updating on the drama not your actual thoughts ;)  i'd love to hear your thoughts 

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH so happy to know that!! W won more fans!! :D 

I would really to know that!! there is manny possibilities like the webtoon stops being writen or Kang Cheol's absence would be considered being missed and the manhwa world would be in chaos and the manhwa would be published with "Kang Cheol missed for X time"!! up till now the manhwa didn't show anything related to the real world life like Yeon Joo's disapearence and her return to the real world so I don't think we will see the manhwa righting Kang Cheol in the real world and I want to know what would be the trigger to his transportation between the two worlds and how he'll be able to go back to his world because Yeon Joo's trigger won't be the same for him because like I said before the real world doesn't have chapters to end with cliffhangers!!

8 hours ago, outofspace said:

I don't know if I'm just overthinking, but I feel like the conversation between YJ's mom and her aunt has some significance. The aunt said, "Maybe you should've just made her major art." There are a lot of other majors out there, so maybe YJ has some artistic abilities? If she does, then maybe sometime in the past she helped her father with his comic in some way (maybe she colored in one of the main characters - since her father's staff only do background stuff), and that's why she can go into the other world? 

IDK, I feel like I'm overthinking but I just can't wait until next week. :P

hhhhhhhhhhhh maybe but there is something that is allowing Yeon Joo to reach the other world too!! 

8 hours ago, chyantrils25 said:

this scene got me literally crying 21.gif  ...JS portrayed it with no sweat!  e5006924.gif

one of my fav scene so far.....the feeling of losing his family,his sorrows and despair huhuhu21.gif

@wildaffairs you'll ship them even more as the drama progress cuz there's a lot of skinship & kissing scene in store for us from JongJoo couple:lol:

yes!! I rewached the 1st episode and I cried all over again with him whenever he cried!! :tears:

7 hours ago, baby.hae said:

Everyone should watch 7 min trailer again. I'm going crazy after watched it again

Im sorry Im not use spoiler bc I wrote this on my phone. I noticed some events that might happen on the next episodes :

1. Kang chul will appear on yeon joo's world and meet her at hospital

2. Police capture yeon joo and she ended up in fhe jail

3 Yeon joo father attacked by someone

Anyone have thought about this??

Ps sorry for bad english

you're englishe is good don't worry!! :) 

sorry to bring it to you but I think all of us here realised all of the points you shared with us!! :sweatingbullets: actualy I and our friends here were building many theories over them!! what is your theory?!! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zairrie said:

Sorry  have to quote this photo.:sweatingbullets: Imagine your ideal man appearing in front of you in his flashy sports car looking sexy as hell like Kang Chul did! I seriously wanted to know what's going on in Yeon Joo's mind at that moment. I bet the fan girl in her is going crazy.  :wub::lol:Totally love her expression in this photo. I will surely be speechless for a moment like her if that ever happens to me. 

Cn_AE1vVUAAbpNd.jpg

Cn_AFt4VIAAmToZ.jpg

and will let you in his car..and cheekily smiling you like that!!! gaawwwddd!!!!! :heart:

I can really feel Yeon Joo ....

Cn-19UiVIAA-VoG.jpg

(c) minnie for scaps

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

I rather think he is the hooded guy. He probably made kind of evil pact with someone. His old works failed and then he just came up with a big hit who was above his limits. Probably 10 years was a time limit until his works will start getting real and killing off the main character will end this kind of spook? At least her dad knows exactly this other world exists and how to mend the story. Of course he doesn't want his daughter to find out.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I rather think he is the hooded guy. He probably made kind of evil pact with someone. His old works failed and then he just came up with a big hit who was above his limits. Probably 10 years was a time limit until his works will start getting real and killing off the main character will end this kind of spook? At least her dad knows exactly this other world exists and how to mend the story. Of course he doesn't want his daughter to find out.

Actually even when the teaser was released ... I really suspected YJ father to be that hooded guy... because the one who stab KC on the rooftop of the hotel...was smaller than him... And as you can see in the presscon LJS was taller than the actor that is portraying YJ's father ... so maybe he was the one ...but when I saw ep. 1 the one who shot KC's family is a different man judging by the height and how he moves... 

I wonder how will KC respond ...if it is revealed that he's just a webtoon character...I bet he will be sad with that ....most of all if he's already fallen inlove with Oh Yeon Joo... omo I'll be ready to cry a river for that moment....

• Like 7