[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

W FIRST PLACE!

W's Complete Ratings

Nielsen AGB Rating

W- Two Worlds, National, 4th:  12.2%               W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 4th: 12.2%

UF, National, 12th: 8.1%                                             UF, Seoul, 9th: 9.0%

Wanted, National: 5.2%                                                 Wanted, Seoul: Out of Top 20

TNMS Rating

W - Two Worlds, National, 5th: 14.2%                     W - Two Worlds, Seoul, 2nd: 15.9%

UF, National: Out of Top 20                                         UF, Seoul, 15th: 7.6%

*BLAME THE OLYMPICS FOR THE DECREASE LOL OH WELL STILL NUMBER ONE!

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, lovely_skham said:

W FIRST PLACE!

W's Complete Ratings *Will update as soon as it's released

Nielsen AGB Rating

W- Two Worlds, National, :  12.2%                          W-Two Worlds, Seoul,  : %

UF, National: 8.1%                                                               UF, Seoul, : 

Wanted, National: 5.2%                                                          Wanted, Seoul: 

TNMS Rating

W - Two Worlds, National, : %                                              W - Two Worlds, Seoul, : %

UF, National: %                                                                    UF, Seoul, : %

Huh, I'm still getting a blank page when I try to check the ratings on neilsen..Where are you seeing these?

• Like 7

who doesn't agree that the 6 episodes of W can actually be made into 16 episodes of another drama? this episode can be made as the final episode if we were in another drama: Kang Cheol found the answers to his questions, he faced the one who tryed to kill him and ruin his life for all those years and can't have a happy ending because there is no real culprit that he can look for to punish (thanks to the dumb writer  who only ruined his life without thinking to have a way to solve it and give him a happy ending after all the misery he went through), he shot him, he lost the only reason he was living for and have nothing to live for leading to him ending his life leaving us and Yeon Joo wondering if this is realy the end or will he be saved and have a happy ending after all?!! but since this is W we're talking about all this has been played perfecty and flawlesly into only 6 episodes leaving us wondering what is to come after all this?!! this episode was actually a new start!! Now Kang Cheol found a new reason to live for and and we have more things to see in this magnificent world created by this brilliant writer!! :wub: 

there was a lot of talking so I really need the subtitles but I managed to understand few things that I can talk about!! :D

1st thing why did Seong Moo try to change the ending of Kang Cheol's story when all he got what he was working very hard to reach?!! Kang Cheol gave him what he wanted for all those years so what changed now?!! did he feel sorry for him?!! I need subs to know that I think!!

I was really happy that he couldn't cahnge Kang Cheol's story because that meant that Kang Cheol was still alive having controle over his story but it alo meant that his will to die is still there and he doesn't want to be saved which broke my heart!! :tears: but that changed when he reached Yeon Joo and pulled her into his world while he was drowning (it made sens that she couldn't save him ince she's supposed to be in the jail and can't really reach him and show up by his side like that) which means he found a new reason to live for and that is Yeon Joo and that changed  the word "end" into "to be continued"!! I was so as excited as the readers who read the news that the manhwa will continue!! I was: "My Kang Cheol-ie will be saved!!" *tears of happiness*

I found what Yeon Joo told her father about "a real happy ending" "a really happily ever after" in manhwas interesting and terrifying!! she asked him if there is really such a thing or is it just the final page and everything stops there!! my heart sunk to that!! for a second I was thinking what will happen when we will reach the ending of the drama, then what would happen to Kang Cheol and his world?!! will they freez like what happened before to W world but this time Kang cheol will be freezed too? even if it was in a happy ending note I can't have it!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I don't want that!! I can't handle it!! :bawling: 

the happiest moment in this episode was seeing Kang Cheol is his bed!! I felt like I was drowning and was saved with him!! and that happy smile in Yeon Joo's face!! I can totally feel it!! I was smiling with her at that moment!! "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH W world is back, Kang Cheol is saved and she's going to be by his side and see him!!" I'm dying of happiness and excitement!! :w00t: :love: 

and there was someone by Kang Cheol's side when he woke up!! could it be his "hyung" or Soo Hee?!! he'll be really happy to see his friends alive again though I believe he'll keep that a secret that only him and Yeon Joo knows of!! that's sad!! 

finally!! whodidn't mis Kang Cheol/Lee Jong Seok in this episode?!! the episode was great as always and I was left with more questions and will have more clues with the subs and I didn't really feel an hour has passed by like always but I felt like I didn't have much of my little boy other than few scenes where he only said 3 phrases!! I know it was needed for the episode but that's not enough for me!! :( but I can forgive that with such a mindblowing preview!! Wednesday!!! why are you this far away?!! :bawling:

• Like 20

Love the unpredictability of this drama.  The scene when OHJ was on the phone and saw KC in the water and can't reach his hand was unexpected.  Can't wait for the next episode.

p.s Nice to see the characters of SWP as cameo.  Well they are in the publishing company.

• Like 10

Who is YJ? Why the scenes between YJ and her mother is limited as compare to YJ and her father?

Is this another Fringe concept?  A real downer since most of W manga is seen by us thru YJ's POV.

Well gotta wait for next episodes.  

Haha the frustration those reader felt when the manga ended the way it is earlier.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, marie67 said:

I don't know about you guys, but this episode was so boring and dull. I have been watching it for 2 hours (pauzing and continuing, while doing other things meanwhile). But I see next episode will get better. I guess this is why they warned us the previous week about ep 7 and 8 being packed with excitement and narrative goodness (http://koalasplayground.com/2016/07/30/production-of-w-two-worlds-promises-episodes-7-8-will-be-packed-with-excitement-and-narrative-goodness/).

Yes, episodes 5 and 6 are not as comical and as romantically swooning as the previous one but this is needed to create a plot that is not void of substance. This is a KDrama, I understand, but the material for this is a layer of complex discussions of creationism. It is necessary for this kind of plot to inject dialogues that is pure conversation so that we can see both the side of the creator and the creation. If we go just the romantic route,it wouldn't be necessary for Sung Moo to be the webtoon author. We can settle for a less intricate plot where Yeon Joo entered the webtoon and became the female lead but nothing as complicated as the talk of existentialism and creation.

That's why I really love this drama, it's a mix of silliness of a budding love between two impossible pairing and of the complexity of existentialism. It also throws in the meta and quantum physics. The plot doesn't make sense but it does make sense. 

Edited by July Bobis
  • Like 20

30 minutes ago, lovely_skham said:

W FIRST PLACE!

W's Complete Ratings *Will update as soon as it's released

Nielsen AGB Rating

W- Two Worlds, National, :  12.2%                          W-Two Worlds, Seoul,  : %

UF, National: 8.1%                                                               UF, Seoul, : 

Wanted, National: 5.2%                                                          Wanted, Seoul: 

TNMS Rating

W - Two Worlds, National, 5th: 14.2%                         W - Two Worlds, Seoul, 2nd: 15.9%

UF, National: Out of Top 20                                          UF, Seoul, 15th: 7.6%

*BLAME THE OLYMPICS FOR THE DECREASE LOL OH WELL STILL NUMBER ONE!

thank you for the rating informations!! but even dispite the olympic it still made a really good rating so I'm still happy of the rating and hope it it will keep in increasing for the upcoming episodes!! :D

thank you to @Go Seung Ji and @parmma unnie for the rating informations too!! :D 

45 minutes ago, Harukogirl said:

Ahhhhh....Nope. I really didn't find it dull at all. I watched both twice already. I mean, there weren't as many squeee moments as usual, but I found both episodes to be extremely powerful and emotional, not to mention nail-bitingly tense. In a word, I was riveted.

I like the fun, romantic moments as much as anything, but episodes like these really build the stakes of the world and ratchet up the tension...making the ultimate payoff even better. It adds depth and meaning. So...well, I'm sorry you felt bored but I was totally in love with these episodes.:heart:

I agree with you!! I really loved the episode and I was emerced into it like I always was from the very start of the drama!! don't know how will I be able to wait till wednesday!!! 

@marie67 I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the episode as you used to but I'm sure you'll enjoy the upcoming eppisodes and realise that this episode wasn't dull or boring but it was the set-up for what's to come!! :D 

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

My post was intterupted and posted accidently... lol

Hide contents

Does this mean that YJ returns to W along with KC? Hm, this isnt in ep 6, right, it's for next week... looong waitttt

Who's calling him? the mysterious hoody killer?

Hide contents

She disappears again?

Hide contents

I'm sure this preview is purposively misleading, who is this black hoody killer actually? He reminds me of Dementor, gives goosebump seeing those black face...

Hide contents

I think he is from real world, but actually he is? Its still mystery and what's his motive to kill KC, and it's still another complicated question unanswered, did OSM really created him? if it's him? then why he cant reveal him?

And I'm trying to be postivve, KC is visiting his parents cemetary, definitely.

Hide contents

cute throwback of previous episode

Via W dcinside

off to watch...!!!

the wait is killing me the second the episode ended!! 

yes they are back together to w world but every one in a different place!! I'm dying to know how she got out of jail and HOW THEY REACHED THIS LOVEY DOVEY LEVEL?!!! my heartbeats...my heatbeats!!! :love: 

I'm sure he'll be saved (she has to) but how is the real question?!! why am I scared now?!! this drama is too impredictable that anything can happen and that scares me!!

the hooded man is really Seong Moo's creation but most likely he can't controle him too since he made his only mission is to kill Kang Cheol so he will do everything and stop to nothing, even dimensions, to kill him!! I'm super angry at him for creating such an ennemy for Kang Cheol without having any clue how to stop him or catch him, he didn't even create an identity or face for him!! :angry:

I knew this will come in disadventage when they'll be forced to be separated by their worlds but it's really heartbreaking and I want them to find a way to be together forever!! please writer-nim!!

thank you for the gifs and pics!! :D 

• Like 14

Guest norakim

Hey guys... what if it turns out that the current real world is also a manga world and this is all just Oh Yeon-Joo's imagination and YJ's not really a doctor but the cartoonist who created this current story. There's also a real Kang Cheol and he could be Oh Yeon-Joo's real husband or boyfriend. Does anyone understand what I'm saying.     

So the ratings is 12.2 on agb and 14.2 on tnms. Slight dip. 

But im pretty sure with that epic preview of ep 7, the ratings will rise again next wednesday.

W arrr.. We miss u n need wednesday to come again soon.

Oh to rewatch again...

• Like 9

Hey fellow W addicts!

Haven't watched EP 6 yet but from what I read, a certain plot point got me really, really concerned: The fact that YJ concluded that the unidentifiable body the police got out of Hangang was not KC simply because that body was wearing a ring, which KC wasn't. But but but, we learnt from the preview KC would be starting to wear a wedding ring right???? Could this be some sort of foreshadowing that KC wouldn't later somehow travel back in time and universe and that body was actually him...???

Just thought it was weird to use the existence of the ring as the ONLY proof that the body wasn't KC, because our writer has NEVER wasted screentime on a plot point that wouldn't later resurface as crucial, not unless it is there only for comic relief/product placement purposes.

In any case, I am concerned but not overlly worried, because I fully expect things to get really, REALLY bad before the ending anyway, and a reversal from however nasty the situation is always possible unless a sad ending is intended, in which case there is nothing a viewer can do!

Just thought I want to share this bit of observation and see if anyone has a more upbeat interpretation of it!

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, norakim said:

Hey guys... what if it turns out that the current real world is also a manga world and this is all just Oh Yeon-Joo's imagination and YJ's not really a doctor but the cartoonist who created this current story. There's also a real Kang Cheol and he could be Oh Yeon-Joo's real husband or boyfriend. Does anyone understand what I'm saying.     

yes I understand you!! that would be interesting and I'd love it but I don't think it will be like that!! the stakes of this entire drama is on the fact of Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo being from different dimensions and fall in love with each other and how/will their love be able to overcome that or not and your theorie will nullfie that!! 

39 minutes ago, July Bobis said:

Yes, episodes 5 and 6 are not as comical and as romantically swooning as the previous one but this is needed to create a plot that is not void of substance. This is a KDrama, I understand, but the material for this is a layer of complex discussions of creationism. It is necessary for this kind of plot to inject dialogues that is pure conversation so that we can see both the side of the creator and the creation. If we go just the romantic route,it wouldn't be necessary for Sung Moo to be the webtoon author. We can settle for a less intricate plot where Yeon Joo entered the webtoon and became the female lead but nothing as complicated as the talk of existentialism and creation.

That's why I really love this drama, it's a mix of silliness of a budding love between two impossible pairing and of the complexity of existentialism. It also throws in the meta and quantum physics. The plot doesn't make sense but it does make sense. 

well said!! :D 

46 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

Who is YJ? Why the scenes between YJ and her mother is limited as compare to YJ and her father?

Is this another Fringe concept?  A real downer since most of W manga is seen by us thru YJ's POV.

Well gotta wait for next episodes.  

Haha the frustration those reader felt when the manga ended the way it is earlier.

I think it's because Seong Moo is an important character in this drama unlike her mother!! Seong Moo is linked to her and Kang Cheol and all that is hapening now unlike her mother who is just her mother!! 

yes!! that would be my reaction too if I was the one who had rooted for a character over 7 years to have a happy ending only to die without having his revenge at leat!! I'll cry and be full of rage toward the writer!! 

46 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Love the unpredictability of this drama.  The scene when OHJ was on the phone and saw KC in the water and can't reach his hand was unexpected.  Can't wait for the next episode.

p.s Nice to see the characters of SWP as cameo.  Well they are in the publishing company.

this drama is really impredictable!! I really love that!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was shocked when I saw both of them in W drama!! :lol:

2 hours ago, Harukogirl said:

More Photos...

thank you for the pics!! :D I really want all what he wrote in his letter to Yeon Joo but it's blurry I can see all of it properly!! :( 

3 minutes ago, moomooz said:

with olymics and summer holiday, the ratings for drama dropped a little bit. 

Spotted our couple rings in next episode ;) 

hoping to see if they will drop kiss BTS in these few days.. 

Cr to owner

THEY ARE WEARING RINGS?!!! I NEED TO BREATH!!!! I'M FANNING MY SELF!!! :love: :love: :love: 

yes but it's still really good dispite that!! :D

18 minutes ago, sharreb said:

So the ratings is 12.2 on agb and 14.2 on tnms. Slight dip. 

But im pretty sure with that epic preview of ep 7, the ratings will rise again next wednesday.

W arrr.. We miss u n need wednesday to come again soon.

Oh to rewatch again...

it's because of olmpics but it's still really good!! I hope it will keep in increasing for the upcoming episodes!! :D 

• Like 13

@sakura2016 i absolutely agree with you, most kdramas lengthened the story that actually made for 5 episodes drama, not 16, and put random scenes to just make interesting enough to watch. I rarely found deama that is packed everything completely in one episode and another till reach 16. IMO Misaeng are the only drama I knew thats so worth to watch every single episode. Thats why I prefer kmovies most of the time because of this.

and a lot of kdramas were so good at the beginning but terrible the further it reached the end, and started it with a lot of romcom but suddenly changed route as melodrama half of the episodes. Which i found kind of sucks.

W on the other hand, already started with several genres packed in one intro episode (ep 1) so audiences know what will be coming next episodes. Hopefully, W could stay just like right now or even better, and wont screw up when it reaches the end.

Anyway, despite my interest in LJS since IHYV, i can see what he means this drama could make his name bigger, he shines and develops his skill so much. Yet i havent see the moment where HHJ could do the same. Up until now, many scenes appreciated LJS a lot but not HHJ. Im really hoping there will be scenes or moments that makes it possible for HHJ to shine and develop too.

Thanks to you guys for your observations and theories, i enjoy reading them! 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Adnana said:

You guys!! I'm completely shocked & flabbergasted by what I've discovered!! :astonished:

You know how Dad told YJ that she had become the manga's heroine--yet she didn't belong in that world because she was a real person (her father and mother's daughter)? And without YJ, the manga could NOT continue.

But then, desperate to save Kang Chul, YJ will go ahead and willingly enter the manga world yet again (in e7) and tell KC they'll be writing their own story in the future. All of which basically means that YJ accepted her role as the manga's heroine. And that must have changed her status in that world!! Not an outsider anymore, she became a fully-fledged member of KC's world. 

You guys, I think that YJ is NOT invincible anymore in Kang Chul's world!

Next episode, YJ and KC are in the kitchen, and YJ cuts herself accidentally. And look at her hand! It's hard to see, but YJ's forefinger is legit BLEEDING (KC even has a tissue in his hand, prepared to stem the blood flow)--when BOOM! He realizes what's actually happening--and that's why KC looks as if someone killed his puppy. He sees that his previously-invulnerable lover can be hurt in his world now.

And methinks, that hooded killer doesn't need to follow YJ to the real world to kill her. He can get the job done in the manga world as well.

cant sleep need subs so i woke up but wow i love your post *-*  i was spazzing about the ep so much i didnt get change to catch that!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

hey.. I'm done watching just now... prepare to go for work... it's back again, I'm busy typing my comment than cheking my work... lol

That hoody killer is standing on Hangang River watching at the water down, he's so creepy. Was he jumping to those two bikers... ughhh... I want to see his face, he's really like a dementor. I agree with you, OSM must created him, but then he becomes uncontrollable like he lost control over KC and W. I wonder since this manhwa has continued itself, even OSM is still in his flight to NZ. Will he return soon or the story will make him stay there a bit longer.

Hahahaha... I love how this drama show the readers comment of "the end' reversed to "to be continue" , with all those comments, as if this drama writer knows really well that we might be like that, get so furious and throwing tantrun to them, so it's like he implied 'no worries, please have faith in me, happy ending will be, it's possible" lol

You know I love how YJ got dragged this time, how they shot the aangle that she slowly drowning... it's cool. Well, the cinematography, not the drowning part. haha

You right, this time when YJ return in that Jail, she didt look worried, but relieved that it means the story is continuing.

Did you guys notice the preview, well, I guess u did, so, our OTP are husband and wife now in the story, kyaaaa... I love that... hahaha... that lovey dovey level, they can go up to a higher level, lololol... what am I talking about?

I agree that this episode is a bit slow pace, it's unlike its previous episodes, but It's still interesting, and I think it's a moment of the writer gives a short time for the viewers to relax their nerves because of the nervousness for some weeks... lol

I notice that the rating is also drop from its previous ep, from 3 to 4, I think people love fast pace, they dont like slowing down, I think maybe the writer get confused a bit like what OSM did, or maybe this drama is aking its' own story like W, lol... no, no, I'm talking nonsense to myself.. Well, it's not a big deal, The important thing is next week will be more fun and yeahhh... awesome... the rest is over, get ready for another wrecking nerve and suspense...

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good luck chingu!! :lol:

yes that man is supper creepy and fritening to know that he can't be caught!! I'm losing my mind!! how will he be stoped? he has to be or else Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo will never be safe!! :tears:

from now on it's impossible to predict what will happen!! he can stay for a while or he can comeback soon!! it's based on what the writer is planing to do with I have no clue about it!! :blink:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the comments reader, Yeon Joo's fangirling it's all true!! that's how we react!! :lol: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I know!! sure thing not the drowing part!! :lol: this drama is aweome in every angle,, writing, dircting, acting!! I love it all!! :heart: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh who would think that we and whe would be that happy that she's back to jail? the kind of emotion this drama is making us go through!! :lol:

yes our chingu   moomooz shared with us a pics where she saw them both wearing rings!! :love: but are they really married or will get married?!! if they really got married then I'll die from the feelings!! :love: who am I kidding even if they're not married I'll die from the feelings!! :lol: OH MY HEART!! :love: but this will be a first!! we have the OTPs getting married in marriage contact dramas or the concept is for them to be married and the drama is about their marriage life but this drama isn't any of those so if my OTP get married then I'll just die of happiness and worrisome!! thinking that they are married made me fan myself again!! :love: 

the episode needed to give answers and build a et-up for what's to come so it's natural for it to slow down!! :D but I believe the rating droped becaue of the olympics though I hope it will keep in increasing for the upcoming episodes!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no she didn't :lol: just wait for it and you'll see all the great things ahead of us!! :D can't wait!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why wednesday is so far?!! 

• Like 10

Thoughts after episode 6:

I think the drama is nicely paced. I don't think it's slow at all. The writer is weaving the story together for us, giving us time to adjust after an emotional impact before going full throttle again. Yes this episode was slow until the last fifteen minutes but we needed that to appreciate Yoon Joo's struggle trying to resolve her feelings for Kang Chul after he shot her father.... she needed that months break to process everything.

I liked the talk between Yoon Joo and her father. Yes she has become the heroine of the manhwa and I think the father thought he was protecting her from potential fall out from that. The way we look at it now, how is she going to cope going between the two worlds as she now has a foothold in each? She could even end up permanently in the manhwa one (which I'm not really going to complain about - look who she has to spend all her time with... crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif)  but I can understand his trepidation. He was right to show caution. And I also liked how he himself resolved his feelings for Kang Chul and the crazy journey the manhwa took him on. It was a nice touch that he recognised Kang Chul missed the mark for once and he was going to return the favour only it wouldn't let him erase 'the end'. Time will tell how wise his caution to her was... I really hope for a happy ending too. We look set to become spoiled by the next few episodes.... I just hope that's not the precursor to tragedy.  

I love all her interactions with the professor ... how funny was the blind date - especially the moment she turned around to the good looking chap only then to realise what was behind him...  blacko-emoticon-04.gif

VDFBtWd.gif

DleojKb.gif

I 'squee'd' like a little girl at the preview and from what I can gather I was not the only one. :w00t: Looks like we're in for a lot of touchy feelees..... dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif Just let the good times roll ... :wub:

cydzlEM.gif 

• Like 21

I don't know anything anymore. Trying to make myself understand the rule but I got blown up by the reveal after. It's fascinating.

At first I thought only things in webtoon world would be webtoonized but then it also contain scene from real world. Ah and I think yeonjoo and soobong's story to cover that up is genius one. That explain anything to the readers and didn't raise question anymore.

That hooded faceless man is scary. without knowing his identity it will be really hard to avoid him. But I think now Oh seungmoo will think hard about it, about making a char for the man thus stopping him (but can he? or that hooded man can't be controlled anymore?)

The cliffhanger! The preview! Sooooooo excited!!!!!!!

• Like 9