gangurhar

W Episode 1-2 First Impression by Ninja
Screenshot%2B2016-07-22%2Bat%2B10.13.15%
Korean Drama: W (W、더블유)
Episodes: 16
Leads: Lee Jong Seok & Han Hyo Joo
W's Synopsis: 

Screenshot%2B2016-07-22%2Bat%2B3.png
Slaving away as a second year resident at the hospital, our heroine Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) is concerned when her father suddenly goes missing right before his famous webtoon is about to wrap up its 10 year run. 

Screenshot%2B2016-07-22%2Bat%2B3.04.12%2
Screenshot%2B2016-07-22%2Bat%2B3.04.31%2

Shocked as her father's assistant tells her that her father might be planning to kill the webtoon's main character Kang Cheol off, Yeon Joo becomes even more worried that some fan might've kidnapped her father out of anger. Trying to calm herself as she paces her father's study, Yeon Joo's nervous muttering abruptly stops when she looks down to see a bloody hand grabbing her shirt. Horrified, Yeon Joo is about to yell when the hand reaching out her father's manhwa drawing pulls her right in.

full first impression post: http://www.ninjareflection.com/2016/07/w-episode-1-2-first-impression.html

---

By Clockwatcher K-drama, WJuly 23, 2016

“W-Two Worlds” First Impressions: I Love it!

feat

full first impression post: http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/07/23/w-two-worlds-first-impressions-i-love-it/

• Like 7

Is it possible that YJ was the one who save KC when he was about to jump from the bridge?
I remember aunty said that mom should encourage YJ to draw instead of being a doctor...
So YJ can draw too.

Was she the one who draw KC hanging for dear life in the bridge thus saving his life?

• Like 7

Hey, just dropping by to say that i absolutely absolutely LOVE this drama! I'm genuinely excited for next weeks episode. 

But there are several things im worried about - the trajectory the drama takes in the middle episodes, thats where most dramas tend to lose my interest - how are they going to keep the story going?

And the true identity of the hooded figure. At this point I dont think they would be introducing another new character, it takes time to develop and establish a character in the story and 16 episodes are not enough to satisfy that. 

With regards to the acting, I'm thoroughly enjoying the portrayal of the two characters. At first i thought HHJ emphasized more on her comedic timing, rather than the relevance of the character to the story. But then i felt that i wouldve had the same reactions if i were in the same situation, so her actions arent entirely questionable after all. LJS on the other hand is charismatic and mysterious as Kang Chul, I dont think its too early to say that i love him already. He has such a sad back story, but ill be rooting for him until the end.

Anyway, i will continue dropping by for goodies and bts exclusives!

• Like 7

Guest aydenJ
35 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

Just completed the first 2 episodes.

Interesting, Intriguing. It caught my attention. I finally found a new drama to watch.

Before W began airing i was quite nervous with the complicated plot as this gendre is not everybody's cup of tea unlike rom-com or other love stories 

after watching the first ep, all my worries went down the drain. I'm not concern on the rating bcoz W itself a kinda new to those who are not familiar with this type of 'time-traveled ' or webtoon thus it 'll take time to attract viewers.

the plot is, so far, easy to be understood even my 9 year old sis was glued in front of the tv watching W. My whole family now waiting for the next episodes. 

I think, yj dad may have some kind relationship with kc world since kc sounded as if he had found someone he had been expected to appear when he met hj...probably hj had been to kc world in the past/ she was kid...or perhaps kc exist in hj world. Since kc is computer genius, he may have hacked dad's computer & develop an app which now take control of the story & other pple's mind... The way he controlled hj? And thats why hj dad claims kc is dangerous. 

9 minutes ago, TheRatchetFool_1023 said:

Hey, just dropping by to say that i absolutely absolutely LOVE this drama! I'm genuinely excited for next weeks episode. 

But there are several things im worried about - the trajectory the drama takes in the middle episodes, thats where most dramas tend to lose my interest - how are they going to keep the story going?

And the true identity of the hooded figure. At this point I dont think they would be introducing another new character, it takes time to develop and establish a character in the story and 16 episodes are not enough to satisfy that. 

With regards to the acting, I'm thoroughly enjoying the portrayal of the two characters. At first i thought HHJ emphasized more on her comedic timing, rather than the relevance of the character to the story. But then i felt that i wouldve had the same reactions if i were in the same situation, so her actions arent entirely questionable after all. LJS on the other hand is charismatic and mysterious as Kang Chul, I dont think its too early to say that i love him already. He has such a sad back story, but ill be rooting for him until the end.

Anyway, i will continue dropping by for goodies and bts exclusives!

the hoodie guy is most probably the dad ;) 

• Like 3

What I notice from the writer's previous time travel dramas is that the reason why 'it' can make people to time travel were never revealed. By 'it' what I meant is the incense and talisman from previous drama that somehow make the lead to time travel. W is not a time travel drama of course but it has a similar type of alternate time/universe, so maybe the question as to why they can switch world from the first place won't be answered just as his previous time travel dramas.

• Like 6

Sorry for re quote of images but.....

1 hour ago, Rania Zeid said:
tumblr_oar8alKnO91sl7awmo3_540.jpg
tumblr_oar8alKnO91sl7awmo4_540.jpg
[Fanedit]  LeeJongSuk  | W-TwoWorlds

Cr: as Tagged

I love the webtoon to real life transitions! Is it done by an artist? Who is the person/s behind this or is it due to animation software?

• Like 6

Oooh that's a gorgeous edit!

Gahhhh I have so many thoughts and questions about what will happen in the rest of this drama. I keep telling myself that there have only been 2 episodes, but it's so hard to stop my mind from drifting off and thinking about this drama lol

Wednesday, please come soon!

• Like 9

To be honest I'm secretly hoping the hooded figure is not KC's dad. Because technically that makes him a murderer because his webtoon world has come to life. Also, I want the drama to surprise me and since many people are already suspecting that possibility, it would be anti-climatic. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, keepondreaming said:

To be honest I'm secretly hoping the hooded figure is not KC's dad. Because technically that makes him a murderer because his webtoon world has come to life. Also, I want the drama to surprise me and since many people are already suspecting that possibility, it would be anti-climatic. 

I agree. I feel like the dad being the hooded figure is a red herring for us. It feels way too easy for it to just be him. Also hope that hooded figure doesn't turn out to be like an "evil Kang Chul" or something that dad just drew up.

• Like 8

hello :) *shy wave*

newbie in this thread here. i just caught up with the two episodes of W and found that i am super hooked! despite of promising myself not to watch any ongoing dramas, here i am -_-

i always love the idea of star-crossed lovers or alternate universe kind of story and i think W really nailed it. now i wish every day is Wed/Thurs lol

off to read the whole thread!

p/s and i hope they really release that 33 volume of W manhwa.... i'll read the heck out of it, and maybe i will finally learn korean just for the sake of it. hahaha

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG! Heart can't lie. :P

16 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhh yes you did but it's great to see you joining us and that you loved it!! :D 

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH so happy to know that!! W won more fans!! :D 

I would really to know that!! there is manny possibilities like the webtoon stops being writen or Kang Cheol's absence would be considered being missed and the manhwa world would be in chaos and the manhwa would be published with "Kang Cheol missed for X time"!! up till now the manhwa didn't show anything related to the real world life like Yeon Joo's disapearence and her return to the real world so I don't think we will see the manhwa righting Kang Cheol in the real world and I want to know what would be the trigger to his transportation between the two worlds and how he'll be able to go back to his world because Yeon Joo's trigger won't be the same for him because like I said before the real world doesn't have chapters to end with cliffhangers!!

hhhhhhhhhhhh maybe but there is something that is allowing Yeon Joo to reach the other world too!! 

yes!! I rewached the 1st episode and I cried all over again with him whenever he cried!! :tears:

you're englishe is good don't worry!! :) 

sorry to bring it to you but I think all of us here realised all of the points you shared with us!! :sweatingbullets: actualy I and our friends here were building many theories over them!! what is your theory?!! 

The story line is interesting which is why I will keep on watching it. :) W hwaiting. ( Plus I heard there are many skinship scenes in the future, so who am I to say no ? :P )

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sara523 said:

hello everyone

thanks for your ideas , videos and pics :)

Good Job

Why mbc don't release drama ost ?

I think Good OST is really important

I'm waiting for W ost !

Seriously. I still have Jung Joon Young's song stuck in my head :3 

The song and the cinematography made the kiss scene feel so romantic, when on paper, there's no romantic notions behind it since OYJ only does it to GTFO back home lol.

• Like 7