[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

First impresion this drama is serious one but after eps 2, i realize this drama is complite packet, because HHJ acting made me laughing so hard,..:P the way she convused with the real time and the present crack me up, defenetly she just leave hospital for 30 minut to face the fact in KC world is already 2 month..:D and her idea to comeback to real world very smart...lol..slap as hard as you can,  didn't work...?? just kissed him....lol...                          i like this drama.....                                                           about rating i sure next week more better, i think this drama deserve 2digit, until ended can reach atleast 18-20%...

• Like 5

This drama reminded me of the feelings I had when I watched Nine before, the back and forth feeling, its suspense which you never know that time had passed since you're so focus upon what's happening. Writer Song Jae-Jung never fails to amaze me, for her supernatural suspense kind of story for every drama she presented. I also like the way how it was directed, and when I looked the PD history yes, came from TK2H PD which I also love. As for the actors, man LJS his aura in here is like the upgraded version of his character feels in ICHYV, plus HHJ (i already love her in Brilliant Legacy and Dongyi) damn I miss this girl having this kind of character. 

Finally! I found a new drama to watch every week! :D off to watch for episode 2 :) 

Rise! Kang Chul and Oh Yeon Joo, I believe that W will soon leads the timeslot competition :P

Cn50rvGUAAAfHcO.jpg

• Like 11

Okay ... here's my take on what's going on so far...

Someone hated Chul so much that they killed his entire family the way a sharp shooter would hit bulls eye, or more likely, the way Kang Chul hit bulls eye for his winning round... that along with the part that they framed him for his family's murder.. the timeline looked like it was two years after the win of the Olympics..making it the year 2006 (that would define the FiFA 2006 match that the Kang family was watching, when they were killed - they even showed Ahn Jung Hwang and his  goal :bawling:! I loved that guy, imagine my surprise seeing him in the episode! :P )

Annnyyyhoww, 2006 means that Kang Chul would be 19. Anyone who would want to frame a 19year old for killing his family has to be a psychopath. Especially since the murders were possibly plotted out for two years before execution. Now, we know that Kang Chul doesn't get the life sentence and is released after a year due to lack of evidence...but, the guy became a CEO... how has he not found the guy who plotted the murders? This makes me wonder what the Webtoon W is about...since we know it's not about romance... 

Now Yeon Joo's dad.... that guy is severely depressed.. however he definitely seems like a person who made a deal with the devil... I get the feeling there is more to the Graphics tablet/Wacom that the dad has been using... that there is more to the immense power that cartoonists have over the world of Kang Chul. But just the fact that Yeon Joo's character gets dragged and written in the webtoon so easily definitely means much more for the character of Yeon Joo... also wikipedia has listed two actresses as young Yeon Joo... so I'm guessing there's a loooot more there. Plus the hint that she's the "Key to Kang Chul's life" ... 

Biggest question in my mind - Why is it that Appa's character was not written into the webtoon like Yeon Joo? Or could it be that it was written and we didn't realise? It makes sense that he could be the one to stab Kang Chul... but then... I really don't know.. 

What gave me the most goosebumps was the last scene of episode two... when everything around Kang Chul stopped. That was the breaking point. That is the indication that indicates again, that appa definitely has a fishy past and somehow the past is catching up to him. There is definitely someone bigger at play here...and I know that waiting for 130 odd hours for the next episode will be the absolute living death for me!!!

W!! Why are you so fantastic?? Ratings be damned, I have found my new favourite kdrama, hands down!!

Bonus: HIM. In THAT car. Looking so DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS. 

And for once, the Kdrama lead actress who fangirls exactly the way we do!! 130+ hours!!! Someone kill me now!! Can the hands on my watch run like Yeon Joo's please???!! Please??!!

Sigh. 

• Like 14

After Ep 2, I am in for the long haul. 

I love the switches between Kang Chul's world and Yeon Joo's world. 

And to see them both again after Sassy High School King and Come Back Ajusshi!  Do they come as a package? 

vlcsnap-2016-07-22-14h49m34s103_zpsvd1jz

vlcsnap-2016-07-22-14h50m11s563_zps6gpta

• Like 6

Good Morning!

I just started to watch Episode 2 with subs - it was just out too late for me to wait. I tried - but in the end I fall asleep. :D

One thing I´m sure now - Sung Moo never draw the characters. I only see him drawing the Background - and Soo Bong said it too - they only working with the Background. So - as I believe - Sung Moo  never could decide that Kang Chul will kill himself - he can only try to kill him - using something what he creates around him (but not a living thing as I guess right now) . Soo Bong said only Sung Moo can draw the Characters. And he is always alone in his dark room.

I need to watch more now - I just wanted to say hello! :D

• Like 5

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "W" Episode 2

photo748831.jpg

It would appear that on top of her other characteristics Yeon-joo is also a drama critic. Go figure. Well, in all fairness practically every real-life character in "W" has some sort of strong opinion about how fictional stories should proceed. And Seong-moo, in typical famous author fashion, arrogantly dismisses any notion that there is a "correct" way to write a story. He wants to kill Cheol and by golly, he's going to succeed no matter how obviously contrived the process is.

Seong-moo is the big mystery in "W". Note how he is consistently very curiously blasé as to the revelation that his webtoon has somehow been drawing itself, and is more irritated at Yeon-joo's interfering with his story than he is surprised that she has this apparently supernatural power at all. Seong-moo's curmudgeonly attitude in general is weirdly charming. It's rare to see fictional authors be presented as such jerks, mostly because the real-life authors who write these stories try to make people who share their profession seem sympathetic.

As for Yeon-joo, she remains completely bewildered. I like how Yeon-joo keeps trying to think in story logic in Cheol's world even though these are all real people who she can see and feel. Yeon-joo is having quite a bit of difficulty explaining who she is or why she knows the things that she does. It was a fairly nice touch how we see that Cheol's world is explicitly based off of the real one. Or at least, the parts of it Seong-moo sees on a regular basis.

...Or does he? Writer Song Dae-jeong makes a point of giving us more questions than answers, and a big part of the drama's "whaaat?" factor is that the few answers we get just lead to increasingly more elaborate questions. Given Seong-moo's godlike power over the webtoon, it does not seem as if Cheol can put up any sort of credible fight against him. Yet come the cliffhanger, that is exactly what Cheol has done, through a closing line that's even more ominous than it looks.

Consider, for example, the multiple ways Cheol's thought process can be interpreted. Is he referring to Yeon-joo? Seong-moo? The fictional killer? The fictional audience? The real-life audience? The real-life production team? Cheol is obviously suspicious about his situation in life in ways that go beyond the knowledge we would expect him to have as the protagonist of a mere genre thriller. How much he truly suspects is, as of yet, unknown.

Review by William Schwartz

"W" is directed by Jeong Dae-yoon, written by Song Jae-jeong and features Lee Jong-suk, Han Hyo-joo, Eugene Jung, Lee Tae-hwan, Park Won-sang, and more.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-w-episode-2-96968.html

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

After Ep 2, I am in for the long haul. 

I love the switches between Kang Chul's world and Yeon Joo's world. 

And to see them both again after Sassy High School King and Come Back Ajusshi!  Do they come as a package? 

Hahahahahah! This is so true!! They are a package, aren't they?!! :D Kang Ki young is alone in Let's fight Ghost though.. I almost expect Lee Tae Hwan to make a cameo there.. :P:D

• Like 4

I am almost sure that the two worlds are not real...i bet dr OH father is just a character,part of somebodyelse story too...a story in a story!!!I can't wait to see what will happen with our otp!She already saved him twice!

• Like 8

haven't watch ep. 2 with subs...I'll come back later after watching it... @Rania Zeid wait for me dear... WORLDies thank you for all the updates... my OTP so sweet kkyyaaaa!!!! poke @irenetan ... where are you dear? haven't seen you since ep. 1 & 2 you might have been really busy right now... glad there's so many soompiers are joining us...

W Fighting!!!  70 Lovely lanterns doll emoji gifs

• Like 6

15 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Hi chingu!! glad to see you joining us here!! :D

there i soooooooo many pages to backtrack but for now I'm off to watch the episode raw!! :w00t:

I told you I am interested in the drama, didn't I ? Hahaha. I am not sure I can read all of the post but we'll see. Off you go! :D 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zairrie said:

Can someone post a photo/screenshot of the webtoon version when she kissed Kang Chul. I want to use it as my desktop background. :D Thanks in advance!!!:blush:

Btw, I find it cute when Lee Jongsuk's heart rate went up.. haha.. And I'm guessing Han Hyo Joo tease him regarding that? English subs please.. haha.. I want to know what they're saying.. 

I have the 1080i format of the episode but I couldn't find any shots where there aren't any obstructions :( 

I ended up just pulling it from when YJ is looking at the webtoon on her laptop and have also cropped it so they're not large enough to be made for desktop background :( sorry lol. It was a little dull in color, so I adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit. Nothing fancy because I'm lazy with Photoshop lol.

Original screenshot

Spoiler

Awi8t9c.png

Lazy photoshop 

Spoiler

KnWDXQB.png

• Like 9

So, I am just quoting myself again :)

THe real world conundrum of writers getting tired of their own creations (or even dramas) and the crazy fan antics that make it a life and death scenario to save/kill/change the plot of the story..

This drama is a good symbolism for all of that 'real world' chaos..

As I mentioned earlier, imaginge Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock.. how he got tired of it.. wanted to kill it.. but then it just wouldn't die :)

Not much to go on in terms of theories.. but definitely like the lack of ability to be able to predict anything :P

• Like 9

Lee Jong Suk In K-drama ‘W-Two Worlds’ On Oh!K This July 21

W-poster

Korean sensations Lee Jong-Suk and Han Hyo-Joo are set to star in Oh!K’s brand new suspense-filled romance drama, W-Two Worlds, premiering this July 21!

Delving into their on-screen characters, Kang Chul (played by Lee Jong-Suk) is a former Olympic gold medallist who is also a smart and young “chaebol”. Oh Yeon-Joo (Han Hyo-Joo), on the other hand, is a strong and outgoing second-year medical student. During the search for her missing father, she stumbles upon Kang Chul and saves his life which, in turn, opens the door between the two worlds.

Lee Jong-Suk is known for his role as the lead in many acclaimed TV series including Pinocchio (2015) and I Can Hear Your Voice (2013). He took home the award of ‘Best Actor’ at the 2015 Korean Drama Awards and ‘Most Popular Actor’ at the 2015 BaekSang Arts Awards for his role in Pinocchio.

W-poster2

Meanwhile, Han Hyo-Joo returns to screens after a lengthy hiatus. She is a highly-acclaimed actress who took home the ‘Best Actress Award’ at the 2013 Blue Dragon Film Awards for her role in Cold Eyes (2013). Despite being recognized for her movie roles, Han Hyo-Joo has also stared in notable drama series including Dong Yi (2010) and Brilliant Legacy (2009).

Be sure to catch the sizzling chemistry between both stars in W-Two Worlds on Oh!K (Astro Channel 394). New episodes of W-Two Worlds air every Thursday and Friday at 8.55pm, within 24 hours of its global premiere in Korea. This series is available with English, Simplified Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia subtitles.

http://k-popped.com/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-in-k-drama-w-two-worlds-on-ohk-this-july-21/

• Like 9

this scene got me literally crying 21.gif  ...JS portrayed it with no sweat!  e5006924.gif

tumblr_oaoirhRIhi1uwvoh6o3_r2_400.gif

one of my fav scene so far.....the feeling of losing his family,his sorrows and despair huhuhu21.gif

I seldom ship the main leads in a drama but after last night's episode I just want to say...............

I AM TOTALLY SHIPPING THIS TWO :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

@wildaffairs you'll ship them even more as the drama progress cuz there's a lot of skinship & kissing scene in store for us from JongJoo couple:lol:

• Like 11