[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Hmm, no, it wasn't like that. Before I got my old computer, I think I had iTunes 6, when I minimise the player, it actually appears in the taskbar (where IE windows sit etc) and has the play, pause buttons etc like I described in my last post :P. Now, even installing the old iTunes, this function has disappeared :(. No one had that function before? :unsure:

4cbk8ld.jpg

1-1.jpg

right click on your task bar and select like in the picture shown above. That should work, because if you wanted your "windows media player" to show up in the taskbar also. That's how you do it.

well i don't exactly own an ipod but i've been looking at the 30GB vid ipod for a while.. but i'm hesitant to buy it cause i'm unsure of some stuff.

how long can you watch videos until the batts run out?

and what kind of vid files can you put in it? .avi and .wmv?

and the fact that it's an ipod >< but iriver doesn't have big-storage video player things out... so i might just settle for the ipod.

I did some researching for you and a 30gb has 3.5 hrz of video playback. But usually ipod doesnt live up to that amount.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

if i delete songs off of my hard drive will it delete off my i pod?

Nop, because the songs are already copied into the ipod. You can find the songs in the ipod control folder.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i connected my ipod, hoping to sync some new songs & photos, and i get THIS! it's been like this everytime i connect my ipod to my computer, i had to restore it countless times inorder to actually sync songs into it!(even the songs that are already in the playlists). does anyone know what the heck is the 'other' stuff? and how to get rid of it?

wth.gif

If she has a copy of her music on her computer still, perhaps its best if she went ahead and formatted her ipod, did firmware update or restore? That should fix that weird stuff she has.

what's firmware? and yeah, i still have the music file on my computer.. i'm sorry, i'm really confused! lol

Guest missmilk

hey i got my ipod nano today and i went to the website to download itunes7 but when i tried to open it

i always get this pop up !

" \iTunesSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application. "

please please please help me~~

what's firmware? and yeah, i still have the music file on my computer.. i'm sorry, i'm really confused! lol

firmware is the internal software of the ipod, you can update it with the ipod updater. The ipod updater has the updtate and restore function. Restore should fix just about anything

@nana and missmilk, both of you have the same problem... perhaps you should try to redownload it and hope apple fixed the installer. I figure both of you woudln't have donwloaded the wrong file so it was most likely apple's fault where they put up a corrupted installer.

Guest raspb3rry

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/viiruz/1-1.jpg

right click on your task bar and select like in the picture shown above. That should work, because if you wanted your "windows media player" to show up in the taskbar also. That's how you do it.

It didn't work :(, something wrong with my computer I guess.

Another problem arose though xD. I recently installed Nero 7, and during installation *I guess I was a bit careless* and there was a list of applications that come with Nero 7 asked if I wanted to use to open particular types of file on my comp. I kept clicking next, and now the icon of my iTunes is some other pic other than its own :S.

I tried right-clicking on the icon, then properties, but the 'change icon' option is disabled :(. I tried going to start, then drag the iTunes shortcut onto desktop again, but the same icon remains *sigh*. Any other ideas?

Guest aznfishyfart

ahhh....i get to finally use this thread lol

ok recently i updated to itunes 7 (well now i updated again to 7.0.1) and now i cant add songs to my ipod....like i do what i usually do, drag and drop and it should add.....but it doesn't....it says its doing it but when i check for the song it doesn't work. i can still add songs to my library though. ive tried reinstalling itunes several times and tried several different connector cords

Guest Joan H

I have a problem with Itunes

See, I try to put a SM Town Cd in Itunes, but all the songs skips every three seconds. It worked fine before, but after the second time trying to burn my songs into the computer, they have this skipping problem. It's not even the cds either; they play fine on the radio, computer, cd player, etc. but when it comes to itunes, it skips. I don't understand why it doesn't work anymore...it's not even a problem with my other cds /korean cds, it's just the SM town cds.

Guest raspb3rry

ahhh....i get to finally use this thread lol

ok recently i updated to itunes 7 (well now i updated again to 7.0.1) and now i cant add songs to my ipod....like i do what i usually do, drag and drop and it should add.....but it doesn't....it says its doing it but when i check for the song it doesn't work. i can still add songs to my library though. ive tried reinstalling itunes several times and tried several different connector cords

You can try this (it's worked for me for some occasions - mp3 files):

After you've dragged it to your library, drag that song now in the library into your ipod. Any good?

Guest aznfishyfart

You can try this (it's worked for me for some occasions - mp3 files):

After you've dragged it to your library, drag that song now in the library into your ipod. Any good?

yea i tried that too...no good has the same problem

good idea though thanks ^ ^

Guest aznfishyfart

Well you said it works everywhere else, why not rip it with windows media player then put the mp3s into itunes?

cuz i dont have the CD lol

it was either downloaded or ripped from a CD that i no longer have

Guest Rainie

I just have a simple question...that I can't try to figure out. Okay, I so I have videos etc. However, how do you separate your video files into your music video folder? I try dragging, but it doesn't work. O.o...

cuz i dont have the CD lol

it was either downloaded or ripped from a CD that i no longer have

Perhaps they are oddly encoded VBR files? Sometimes players don't understand vbr. Push it through something like winlame to a 192cbr to see if it helps then.

Guest aznfishyfart

Perhaps they are oddly encoded VBR files? Sometimes players don't understand vbr. Push it through something like winlame to a 192cbr to see if it helps then.

nope not that either....i tried to upload songs that worked before and they still dont work....i really dont want to have to "restore" my ipod

Guest happyroach

I just have a simple question...that I can't try to figure out. Okay, I so I have videos etc. However, how do you separate your video files into your music video folder? I try dragging, but it doesn't work. O.o...

For your video files, right click on them > get info > video > video kind > music video

That should automatically throw your files into the music video folder

Guest aznfishyfart

ok well i found out the problem....its my laptop that wont load the songs to my ipod....anyone know how to fix it?

Archived