[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

Pfiuuuh.. real word suck with so many stuff to finish, finally gotta chance to be  here and devour all the cheesiness spirit here. and i feel like being ressurected to life again reading you guys comments,lol:P

for those who rely on viki, sadly viki had to close down the fan channel, because they don't have the license. The viki subber team are super-fast and they are so dedicatated also, so i can just imagine how devastated they feel when their hardwork abruptly taken down like that. I'm not familiar with the license thingy, if someone could enlight me. Can the license  hold by both DF and viki or it usually hold exclusively by either of one? #OOT

Well., back to talk bout the drama it self. I only managed to watch untill ep 6, cause i'll wait for ep 7-8 fully subbed. But i also took glance on ep 8, And ohhh..yes, i also can't help my self not to loling when i see the hospital scene. All that dramatic tension that they're trying to build is completely failed to make me feel anxious. I guess maybe because i'm way too familiriaze with the novel, so i rather took it ligthly.

I just can't wait for tonight ep, YAY! I've been so itchy when ever i see XN is at the same place with WW..i screamed like a lunatic : WW, that's your naihe behind you!!!

• Like 4

Guys, just a reminder that we shouldn't post any ways of watching the drama that isn't official, nor should we be encouraging the use of 'other' methods to watch the drama. If you would like to help each other out, that's wonderful!

But please take it to PM as I would hate the thread to get locked :confused:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, IMOmusings said:

Guys, just a reminder that we shouldn't post any ways of watching the drama that isn't official, nor should we be encouraging the use of 'other' methods to watch the drama. If you would like to help each other out, that's wonderful!

Agree, everyone please edit your post.. Just PM the person if you want to disclose third party links other than Dramafever/Viki.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

The game they play is an actual Chinese game, the name is based off an old Chinese martial art drama...by Gu Long maybe? I'll find a  link to the game for you guys.

http://xqn.163.com/download/

The game was released while the drama was still being filmed and the interface looks exactly the same as in the drama.

The wedding dress scene....won't appear until much later =(

Yeah I think it's a real game that even got Yang Yang to advertise for it?  Too bad I have no time or else I'd try my hands at it and find my own Xiao Nai.  =D

Ah the wedding dress scene...snickers.  Only those who have read the novel will understand.  

18 hours ago, wishing said:

The novel was quite generous with the game scenes which i had no problems with. I'm quite surprised that the game scenes are not too bad. Although I saw the movie first (the CGI was awesome and purrty), this version's game world is quite pretty,too! 

Welcome back! :)

Thank you!  I was expecting really horrible CGI, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Obviously they didn't have enough budget to go the movie route.  I really liked how in the movie, the HP stat was there to show how much one was getting beat up.  As an occasional gamer, this was a nice touch to see.  In the drama, I like the speech bubbles to indicate what they were typing.  I also like how fake-looking the gaming scenes are, because that's totally how those Chinese online games look like.  It works in the context of the drama.

18 hours ago, Mangoberrie said:

Was going to give this drama a pass and glad I chose to give it a go. Absolutely loving it. Only thing that annoys me is Zheng Shuang's way too skinny arms, especially in game mode, when she's in her red outfit. I'm actually worried for her health.

I know...my poor Zheng Shuang.  I think she was just overworked, filming like crazy without a break during that period.  Why didn't they PS her to fatten her up a bit?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

They fleshed out so many parts of the novel that I thought they were just going to get rid of *cries tears of joy*

Jing Boran just doesn't have that 'regal' air about him like YY does. I think in a way, it's a disadvantage for YY because he's only able to fill in certain roles. His aura is just too dominating xD

Apparently Gu Man is part of the scriptwriting team for the drama?  That would explain why it's following the novel so closely.  As long as she's involved, I'm confident any changes shouldn't deviate too much from the story.

16 hours ago, wishing said:

True about YY being the embodiment of XN. XN is supposed to be this unreachable master with godly looks and YY definitely gives off that aura of being cool yet somewhat aloof (and not a jock-ish Big Man on Campus which was Jing Bao in the movie). As for WW, ZS portrayal is how I imagined her to be. SUBTLE. A beauty but has retained gentleness despite being a PK expert. ^_^

Anyway, both mediums have it's pros and cons but the biggest advantage of the drama adaptation is really getting the source material to be more FLESHED OUT. So far so good though.. :wub:

Don't kill me Angelababy and Jing Bao fans for this followup feedback. :sweatingbullets: They were awesome in the movie anyway.

I did like Angelababy and Jing Boran and thought they had good chemistry.  The movie, by itself, it not bad at all.  There just wasn't enough time to fully develop their story, and as a novel fan who wants to see everything unfold onscreen, it just wasn't enough for me.  Angelababy was also too animated.  =/

15 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

ROFLMAO "I took a screenshot" PWAHAHHAHHAHAHH

OH DEAR LORD...XN you suck at seduction "titles are important" ROFLMAO

Yes, the "I took a screenshot" cracked me up!  LOL!  That's actually a very smart idea...must do that often now...

• Like 6

13 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

kekeke they'll only get more insane in the next few episodes...IT'S A TRUCKLOAD OF CHEESE headed our way ^.^

Trucks that come in with different cheeses: feta cheese, blue cheese, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozarella cheese. The moarrr, the merrier!! :lol:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, purpose said:

why the drama is so cheesy. i remember when i read the novel i didn't think it is cheesy. only i found XN is smooth af :lol:

just curious, anyone know about the rating of this drama? is it has good rating or popular in china?

Hahaha.. Me too. I thought the game parts made the novel kick@ss, the drama's doing the same too but the production just poured the mountains of cheese on the university/real life parts.It tipped the scales 60% cheese & 40% kick@ss fight scenes. LOL. Oh, well. I'm cool with more cheese.:phew:

• Like 4

Oops, my bad!Done with my editing. :sweatingbullets: Anyway just PM me if anyone need a way to watch it. Whilst waiting for tonight ep, i reread again the novel while rewatch the previous video.thats show how busy i am..Ah, im doom! Goodbye real life priorities.. i guess after the drama finish, we might need to form a support group for withdrawal syndrome and severe cheese addiction!:P

• Like 5

Personally I appreciate how cheesy the game scenes are. If you have seen how Chinese online multi-player RPG games are like, they are totally cheesy like hell. I think it works in the drama because its almost like they are not taking it seriously? 

• Like 5

ANNNNDDDDD I'm back again~~~~

EPISODE 9 START

Spoiler

I have a feeling...I'm going to be on the floor by the end of this episode...

aiiyeh....the drama's starting to make use of recaps to fill in time...

it's cute how the first thing he thinks of is WW and her waiting for him at PK

of course she would wait you long haired boy MWAHAAHHAAHAHAH mummy caught on to third sister-in-law ROFLMAO

oh lord...please don't let the parents interfere, especially that mum....for some reason, I don't really like her =/

LOL at the dad trying to make excuses for his son AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

O_O...they eat so much....awwww they're bringing it back~~~ 

I feel sad for the friend =(

although...why do I get the feeling he's been told to over-dramatise

NB: none of this is in the novel btw guys LOL they've expanded it for the drama

xD I can't help but giggle at the other two's dopey faces

can someone...please slap him...

ROFLMAO AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHA

aizzzzzz WW hang in there

*sighs* pixie girl talks so much....

pixie girl's "yes" is so suspicious

BECAUSE YOU LIKE HIM YOU SILLY CHILD!!!

LOL AHHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh my lords

HAIIIIZZZ!!! that girl needs to mind her own business

the boys are cute in teasing him

O_O....oh my god....did he really wait all day for her.....

AHAHHAHAHAHA ke ai, they're both watching the video (the bgm is just beautiful!!)

I'm fairly sure he isn't meant to be staring at a laptop for this long....O_O

XN....please get some rest *cries*

why are they taking so lonnnnngggggggggggggg

LOL oh this could be very bad ROFLMAO 

I HATE YOU NERD BOY!!! DON'T USE HER FRIENDS!!!

ROFLMAO AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH FLIP LOL

I seriously question how smart she is...please don't be conned by nerd boy....

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE WHY ARE THEY SO SLOW!!!

oh lords LOL she's manipulating him ahahahah I guess she has SOME brains after all

nerd boy just give up, you won't win against XN xD he already stole her heart~~~

I wonder how long it'll take before he figures out she isn't WW - pixie girl is going to be heartbroken...

I wonder if all chinese dramas share soundtracks...

oh lord...no no no.....this is going to end so badly....so so badly......oh crap crap crappity crap

*pulls hair out in frustration*

LOL ohhhh they added this? LOL ROFLMAO

please let it be now....

OH YES!!! FINALLY!!!

*cries* so pretttyyyyyy~~~

O_o he's so calm~~~she's...so not LOL

oh oh oh are the pets coming soon?!?!!

YES!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO OH MY GOD AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol I can see why they didn't let her buy that AHAHHAHAHA

END

• Like 8

8 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Sorry I've been so used to just stalking soompi forum pages without commenting, I didn't even remember/realize the rules! Thanks for the reminder. I think this is probably one of the first dramas thread I've ever commented. 

• Like 2

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this thread. I've been really excited for this drama to air. i haven't watched the movie version so I'm nor really disappointed by the game graphics. I actually like it a lot. Pretty surreal. Anyway, thanks for the live recaps. They keep me going till the episodes come out.

Does anyone know whether the drama is really planning to go, you know, there with MoZhaHim and KO? Also, why is Meng Yi Ran more prevalent in the drama than she was originally?

• Like 3

EPISODE 10 START *cackles with glee*

Spoiler

THAT FLIPPING HALTER NECK GIVES ME LIFE GIMMMMEEEEE!!!!

ROFLMAO she runs away....TOO MUCH BUSSSSTTT

but dang...if she wore that...XN's eyes would be O_O > X_X > =.="

LOL she's worried about how tall XN is PWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

can they PLEAASSEEEE hurry up T_T

*sighs* the gossips in this school....

YESSSS!!!! *SCREAMS AND FLAILS WILDLY*

run girl...run!!!!! why isn't she running....I sooooooo would if I was going to meet XN...

*GOES CRAZY* !@#$%^&*()

Y^&^*&(&*(^( my heart is leaping out of my chest right now....

YY!!!!! *cries*

*SCREAMS AND CRIES AND HYPERVENTILATES*

*DIES*

ROFLMAO

AAHHAHHAHAHA EHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHE

AHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA that aunty's look ROFLMAO

(&)*^&(*&^( I can't believe they added this!!!!

I always imagined this restaurant to be more of a hole in the wall rather than the nice place they made it O_O

WAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA I can't stop staring at YY T_T

ROFLMAO PWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHPWHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

THAT LOOK OMFG XN AHAHHAHHAHA ROFLMAO

THAT'S SO AWKWARD!!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHA

YES YES YES!!!!!!

YES PLEASE TODAY!!! COME ON!!!!!!!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHH cheeses AHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHHAAHHAHAAH

PWAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA YY's smile AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

YESH!!!!!!!! LOL that embarrassment ahahahahhahahaha and all those stares ahahahahahahhahaha

I keep imagining the girls are going to mob them ahahhahaha

ROFL so awkward ahahahahhaha

LOL it's like she can't say no to anything he does ahahhaha

that self-satisfied smile OMG XN rofl you give me life ROFLMAO

ohhhhh did she figure out why he went shopping xD

LOL "do I or don't I"

AHAHAH WW making her escape...or so she thinks~~~~ you can't get away THAT easily lovey~~~

OHHHH WAITTTT did they set up the spoilt brats as the same character as the fan girl in the movie O_O...they actually gave her a storyline ROFLMAO

LOL I think so many people are streaming now that I'm lagging~~

LOL her acting surprised face for the love of all things XN...

quick quick quick I want to see the boys ogle over her!!!!

this scene is so much cuter in the drama xD

COME ON!!!!!

LOL WW is having the time of her life listening to pixie girl's theory xD

)*(^&&%&^$%^$%# YY CHANGING!!!!!!!

when he comes over later, it's going to be a slap in the face to all of you BWHAHHAHAHA

COME ON COME ONE!!! SO MUCH TALKING~~~~

....the over acting *bows head*

OH LORD THE DAYDREAM *dies*

*resurrects*

*nosebleed*

*goosebumps*

I guess...knowing how to dance makes everything look elegant O_O

AHHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!

OMG the embarrassment LOL ROFLMAO cheeses girl, you need to think less....

swap out already T_T

COME ON!!!!

OH GODS!!! OMFG!!!! HE'S WALKING!!! HE'S COMING OVER!!!!!!

man I'm more nervous than they are O_O"

*DEAD* x infinity

IN YO FACE SPOILT BRATS

LOL HOLY COW they're dying without XN

oh man the second-hand embarassment

END

• Like 8

I've just finished both episodes and throughout the entire time I WAS SCREAMING, GIGGLING AND SQUEALING!!!!! :blush:

XN IS JUST SO HANDSOME AND I LOVE HOW HE KEEPS SMILING AT WW. It's like he's literally thinking "she is so adorable" every minute whenever he sees her. :w00t:

I love how their romance is heading, cute and fluffy!! OMG. I would die to have this kind of romance that makes your heart flutters everytime. :wub::heart:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

OH MY FLIP TOMORROW'S EPISODE!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guys, if you can, definitely stream live tomorrow!!

I love your live streaming reaction to the drama... You're so funny... Just reading your comments make me laugh so much... I also wished to stream it live... For Episode 9, I was able to but for Episode 10, it is lagging too much that I decided not to stream anymore... I don't know why, probably because a lot of people are streaming it live or my internet connection is slow... huhu. Your fan-girling is adorably cute... :) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ana Marie said:

I love your live streaming reaction to the drama... You're so funny... Just reading your comments make me laugh so much... I also wished to stream it live... For Episode 9, I was able to but for Episode 10, it is lagging too much that I decided not to stream anymore... I don't know why, probably because a lot of people are streaming it live or my internet connection is slow... huhu. Your fan-girling is adorably cute... :) 

Hehehe yeh I was lagging during ep 10 as well T_T but lucky it fixed itself before the big moment ^.^

*sniff sniff* the sad thing is....the fangirl is 24 y.o *sniffles* watching dramas like this let me live out my dream romance vicariously T_T

^.^ If you can't manage to watch it live, look forward to my fangirl moments ehehehehe hopefully it can tide you over until someone uploads it!

HOLY SHIITAKES HOW THE HECK DID XN GAIN ACCESS TO HER COMPUTER O_O?!?!?!??!

LOL:

"You once sat next to me."
"I know."
- what does he mean, I know... -

"What are you doing?"
"On a date."
"ON A DATE?!??!?!"

• Like 5