oh oh oh tournament time!!!

WOOTTTTT first round against River and Rain

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHA THEY RAN AWAY!!

ohhh this will be good....that was fast O_O

oh wow...they even added that story about the other couple

oh wow...she's finally walking around in a flowing dress

oh gods...the real life River and Rain @_@

are they all using oppo phones?

lol does pixie girl really think she got it on her own merit? if it wasn't for her fraud....xD

*sigh* her room mates are so annoying T_T

ROFLMAO that eye contact~~~ that smile~~~~

T_T I'm crying coz I know what's going to happen soon *cries a river*

NOOOOOO NOOOOOO OMFLIPTABLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this disappointment and heavy heart T_T

FLIPDAMN XIAO NAI!!!!!

wow so much more drama in the drama for this section than either novel or movie O_O my heart is bleeding....

wait why were his parents not notified O_O

awwwww poor WW *sniffles*

aiiyeh....this Rain girl's friends *sighs* spoilt brats 3-7 @_@

ciiiii girl don't plot against WW, you'll only get destroyed by XN and his boys~~~

GODDAM THIS MUSIC *cries*

LOL so dramatic...oh dear xD if anyone who hasn't read the novel PWAHAHHAHAHA

LOL I hope this makes them stop being asses to him though

please please have this cleared up soon T_T

this scene is so depressing T_T

PWAHAHAHHAH ROFLMAO WTH I wonder how YY managed to film that or if it was s stunt double...

LOL she didn't even realise they had left

nooooo no no no don't show me this T_T

LOL why do dramas always wait till the character wakes up to do the apologies @_@

AHAHAHAH omg that boy

oh wow, he's already thinking about WW

oh lord FINALLY she's starting to realise *bangs head on a wall*

this is so sad....so much more sadness than in the novel, they expanded this part quite a bit

NOOOO WHAT NOOOOO WHYYYYYY GODAMMIT

END

• Like 8

1 minute ago, IMOmusings said:

*SCREAMS* THEY'LL MEET TOMORROW!!!!

RUNS AROUND IN ECSTASY

OMG YESSSSS I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!! 

I just hope WW won't be too blur and haven't realise that YXNH is XN all along.. >< 

I was just wondering if XN knows WW is his online partner all along? I mean since previous twp eps back, where they were at the library and XN was like secretly looking at her (a bit creepy lmao but still cute idk), I mean he would be able to see her laptop screen right, and the game she was playing. Plus, their conversation about people still being in the library.. Isn't it quite obvious that XN kinda knows about WW's online identity? 

Also, I remembered where he first saw her at the online cafe, he kept looking at what she was playing as well, so I was just wondering about whether he knew about WW all along..

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW'S EPISODES!!!! :D

18 minutes ago, spicystrawberry said:

I just watched the movie version with Angelababy....very loud..tomboyish >o< doesn't fit WW and the male lead...hmm YangYang just too perfect :P I skipped alot, I really can't see WW in Angelababy and I really prefer YY so...the whole movie, I think I watch up to 45 mins >o<

Hi! May I know where did you managed to watch the movie version? I have been looking online for it as well but it's hard to find :( 

15 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

@lebritneeey He knows it's her xD lol her identity is no secret to him. None of the girls know his character and none of the boys (except him) knows hers. It's the foundation for the entire story ^.^ keep watching and you'll see what I mean :grin:

OH I get it now! 

This just makes the drama even more cute and fluffy omg :D 

Seriously can't wait for tomorrow eps! :w00t:

Thank you so much for explaining to me! :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Emerald Snow said:

I saw the movie adaptation, and although the gaming portion of the movie was done quite well, I actually prefer the drama version more at this point.  First, there's just not enough time in the movie to fully tell their story.  Second, while I love Jing Boran and I think Angelababy is absolutely gorgeous, they're not the Xiao Nai and Wei Wei in my mind when I read the novel.  Jing Boran was pretty good as Xiao Nai,

When date of the drama version officially came out, I was like clamoring and trying to get my hands on a live adaptation of the novel ASAP. The movie was conveniently there for consumption and I devoured it. I was sooo excited for the drama so badly but surprisingly, I found the movie wonderful, too. :phew:

Angelababy was adorable but I never imagined WW to be so ... animated.. And Jing Bao's XN was relatable in a sense that he's a normal guy who happens to be good looking and quite accomplished but that was about it. They had good chemistry and the visuals are awesome but then the movie was just too short. That doesn't mean I didn't squeal over our XN-WW OTP. I saw the movie 3 times soooo.... :lol:

• Like 2

They fleshed out so many parts of the novel that I thought they were just going to get rid of *cries tears of joy*

Jing Boran just doesn't have that 'regal' air about him like YY does. I think in a way, it's a disadvantage for YY because he's only able to fill in certain roles. His aura is just too dominating xD

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Emerald Snow said:

....however, Yang Yang IS Xiao Nai.  There's just no competition.  

I knew from the casting announcement that Yang Yang was a great choice.  It was Zheng Shuang that I was worried about.  She's pretty enough to be Wei Wei, but she doesn't have Wei Wei's body.  Chinese actresses are thin to begin with, yet Zheng Shuang is SUPER skinny. Zheng Shuang got Wei Wei's personality down, and I'm so glad I can enjoy her performance in the drama.

True about YY being the embodiment of XN. XN is supposed to be this unreachable master with godly looks and YY definitely gives off that aura of being cool yet somewhat aloof (and not a jock-ish Big Man on Campus which was Jing Bao in the movie). As for WW, ZS portrayal is how I imagined her to be. SUBTLE. A beauty but has retained gentleness despite being a PK expert. ^_^

Anyway, both mediums have it's pros and cons but the biggest advantage of the drama adaptation is really getting the source material to be more FLESHED OUT. So far so good though.. :wub:

Don't kill me Angelababy and Jing Bao fans for this followup feedback. :sweatingbullets: They were awesome in the movie anyway.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, evie2016 said:

The lecture hall part was absolutely hilarious. Xiao Nai's dad was so funny. Love it when he said, "I hope you all will pay attention to me. When I was young, I was handsome too." Rofl.

As for me, I think AB did a better job playing WW in the game part while ZS did a better job playing WW in the real world part.

Dad subtly implying: "What y'all are staring at came from me, too." Them's good genes, yo. :lol:

Spot on, yo. AB as LWWW and ZS as BWW, Hahahah..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lolalarue said:

I think the casting of Zheng Shuang doesn't quite match the visuals of Wei Wei as described in the novel (ie she's meant to be very sexy looking but is her personality does not reflect taht). I think ZS has Wei Wei's personality, but her looks aren't particularly sexy. Whereas Angelababy does give off that vibe. Still am loving the drama adaptation. I can't wait until they start chatting in RL. 

Agree on the visuals thing. I'm still getting used to ZS supposedly being THE campus beauty (she IS pretty, don't get me wrong) but there's something lacking.. not enough of a punch (?) I guess. But the personality is spot on. Oh, wells! Still rooting for u, BWW!! :blush:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Emerald Snow said:

OMG, the cheese level was so high I couldn't stop cringing and throwing up a bit inside.  Thank goodness the actual drama isn't like that...yet.  Is this what you call setting low expectations and then smashing them?  Smart.

Oh, I was starving for that cheese so badly during the promotional cycle. :lol::lol: Each day they release some promo material I'd soak it up. Embarrassing but true. LOL. And now here I am trying to be chill about it. Hahaha..

Squealing over the awesomeness of the series so far. :wub:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, evie2016 said:

Oh, the 'cheese' is definitely coming. I know there is a lot of 'cheese' coming in the near future, but hopefully, by that time, we are all under XN's spell that we don't care about being bury in all the cheesiness. :lol:

Let's all drown in the cheesiness, people. Let's pair it with wine and get drunk on this OTP. :heart:

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

They fleshed out so many parts of the novel that I thought they were just going to get rid of *cries tears of joy*

Jing Boran just doesn't have that 'regal' air about him like YY does. I think in a way, it's a disadvantage for YY because he's only able to fill in certain roles. His aura is just too dominating xD

Exactly. Haha.. He's too regal looking, he's gonna be typecast in these chaebol roles. LOL. But his role in an upcoming movie is like a scrawny sidekick. Maybe his hair just needs to be messed up. YY is vain with his hair, i heard. :lol:

• Like 3

You guys.....  So that's why I couldn't find the thread.. the title has changed! Hah! I missed so many pages.... but hey... I've been waiting  for  a week and now.. I got plenty of time for  4 episode marathon in one seating.. with English sub! *face with tears of joy*   let all the cheesiness  come upon me!

Wohooooo doing  marathon of this drama in jiffy. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wishing said:

Let's all drown in the cheesiness, people. Let's pair it with wine and get drunk on this OTP. :heart:

Ha ha ha... lemme watch  the first 4 episodes and I'll join ya in cheesiness adoration! Ha ha ha ha. I got my  cheesiness cheetos (my ppl comment.. mwahahaha) to complete mt binge :D

• Like 3