Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

Coming to this forum after reading the comments at BOD (the self declared Yang Yang, ops Xiao Nai's fan club site:D).... makes me wanna rewatch the drama, with better English sub, of course :D

Any recommendation?

Didnt realise the drama is 4 years old ... 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol from ep 25: "Are you really going to let me use your room(/house)?" "I don't have faith in my self control. It's a good thing I can still move back to my parent's house other wise I could o

I watched 21 and 22 yesterday and I must say - I feel like our main female "villains" if you can even call them that - wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't have such a toxic friend squad. I mean M

oh oh and this one i have a feeling they will change the angle to the roof as soon as our OTP touch the bed ='= and if i calculated correctly, we still have 2 more kisses before this scene, sooooo the

On 6/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, realistic2280a said:

Any recommendation?

Most similar to this I think would be Gank Your Heart, gaming (esport in this case)/romance, the otp are less perfect and they go through bit of misunderstanding in the beginning though. If you like mmo and Yang Yang, maybe King's Avatar, there's no romance, only team camaraderie though.

On light hearted romance, modern drama I'd rec Put Your Head on My Shoulders, bit slice of life-ish but the otp is rather quirky and adorable. Historical probably the Romance of Tiger and Rose, the romance is main point of the show, with fair amount of meta/writing jokes and commentary on gender roles here and there.

Far more removed but I want to throw it out there in case it's your cup of tea, you can try realistic down to earth ensemble high school drama My Huckleberry Friends, more focus on friendship and growing up than romance though. Then there's a fun adventure historical drama featuring lots of plot twists with a fantastic cast Young Blood, and areally charming historical drama Joy of Life which focuses on imperalism clashing with modern ideals. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, skibbies said:

Most similar to this I think would be Gank Your Heart, gaming (esport in this case)/romance, the otp are less perfect and they go through bit of misunderstanding in the beginning though. If you like mmo and Yang Yang, maybe King's Avatar, there's no romance, only team camaraderie though.

On light hearted romance, modern drama I'd rec Put Your Head on My Shoulders, bit slice of life-ish but the otp is rather quirky and adorable. Historical probably the Romance of Tiger and Rose, the romance is main point of the show, with fair amount of meta/writing jokes and commentary on gender roles here and there.

Far more removed but I want to throw it out there in case it's your cup of tea, you can try realistic down to earth ensemble high school drama My Huckleberry Friends, more focus on friendship and growing up than romance though. Then there's a fun adventure historical drama featuring lots of plot twists with a fantastic cast Young Blood, and areally charming historical drama Joy of Life which focuses on imperalism clashing with modern ideals. 

Thanks for recommendations :wub:

Ive watched romance of tiger and rose and it had hilarious dialogues, i thought. ... so too, Put your head on my shoulder -cute... also the Joy of Life, but i think the latter has 2 seasons? 

I like romance drama i guess - currently watching and chasing You're My Destiny... i know the story, watched the taiwanese and korean versions, so i wanna see how the Chinese version hold. So far (at ep20), i feel female lead is too meek :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm super late to the party but anyone know what brand the mango things they ate in this episode is? 

I really want to try it! Timestamp at around 27:27. It's during the basketball game. 

I finished the drama with whatever sub there is... good thing, i can fwd the parts that i dont like, ie the guy who has a crush on WW... so it was faster for me to finish the episodes, haha... 

After the end of watching the drama again, have been binge looking for the leads news updates (didnt knklow they knew eac other in Divas in the Road, and collobrated 3 months after the end of the show in Love 020)...  Good to know that Yang2 sent birthday message to ZS last year, in his short hair! ZS always does look so fragile. I hope all the best for her...

Will they really act in another drama? Fingers crossed and i hope it will be a modern drama and Yang2 true self will be shown, funny and happy ...  and not so calculative like XN B)