It hurts but here’s a warm goodbye

If you take yourself away from me
I won’t be me anymore
All of us that clearly sparkled
It’s scattering
My love
I hope you will always be well

(ost part 5, sung shi kyung)

These lyrics are so sad... I relate a lot to music, it really speaks to my soul. While watching dramas, I sometimes look for hints of the story in the lyrics of the ost...since this is playing in the preview...I guess it's the time of separation for them..:bawling::bawling:

Something about "the promise", which is the title of next episode. Found this in OST part 7 (Eddy Kim):

The day a long darkness fell
The person who embraced me
The person who quietly held me
I love you
I love you
Love is you

Love is a star
It shines brightly on me
My love is a star
A person who shines like the stars
I promise you
It’ll be my last
You’re that kind of person for me

:wub::heart:

i hope the episodes will still have some sweetness to balance the angst, just like how its been though I know it will get more and more angsty. Possibly the part when the queen questioned raon about her hanbok is the ending of episode 11 then tue episode will b on how she leave the palace and the wedding? Loads wild guesses. One thing is certain, there gonna be loads of crying. 

• Like 24

from the preview I imagine that the head Eunuch wont steal-snatch away RO right away. I wonder how he excuses himself from calling RO by her name to the CP...

So people...the real angst is coming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope the episode is much lighter than the preview...it feels like all the bad things are building up fpr the CP :(

No BY of YS in the preview (sad)

• Like 19

2 hours ago, honeywell said:

To me the teacher's words meant that what Ra On needs is not Yeong but her freedom.

I feel that Dasan perhaps is going to say that RO doesn't need the crown prince but Lee young...or something like that XD

Also perhaps when the ministers are saying "the girls needs to be executed" and the CP is objecting, maybe they are talking about the little girl that sold lanterns

• Like 15

Anyone would like to guess why at the end of the preview RaOn is sleeping with her costume on? Wonder whether she fainted and was brought in to sleep.

Sigh with all this sadness looming over all of us, suddenly it doesnt matter anymore whether she wears a beautiful hanbok or an ugly eunuch hat...just as long as ou Ra On doesnt suffer  *sniff sniff*...cue Yoon Sung to come in and make Ra On feels better.....(but cry again thinking whether CP's only way to make her happy is to leave her...) *sniff sniff*. cant they like separate but still be together and not break up...why must "love be over?"<-referring to Beige's song title lol

• Like 24

6 hours ago, nataliakay said:

Ahh...i would rather save the kiss for later after all the heartbreak. Gosh how is it that a less than 1 min preview can make us so sad. 

But man i know that we probably have enough of this praise...but man..PBG's acting when he shouted "i dont want to hear"....that scene itself already deserve a best actor award

KYJ...does anyone feel that she is struggling with the teary/crying scenes lately? There were a few scenes lately where I felt that she was struggling to tear up...almost like she is forcing herself to tear up but...no tears. 

I think it supposed to be that way.. raon has been go through a lot of thing in her life.. lost his mother.. forced to pretend to be a boy.. she used to hold her feeling and she should be tough.. it will be wierd if she cry easily.. she used to hold the tears.. she can't cry, she can't be weak.. 

• Like 21

This thread goes too fast...but it's not a bad thing...thankful for everyone's thoughts and contributions. It's a lively forum :wub:

Just like some of you said, I will just trust the writers/director who have done a very good job with the story line so far. 

Like all kdramas, we are past the half-way mark and the storyline has to continue - I'm just glad Ra-On's gender is known to CP and the lovey dovey parts plus the amazing OST songs have slayed us over and over again. We have to experience some pain now before things come to a resolution. I do like how the story has portrayed CP as a character with strength and conviction, even though he's young and up against stronger and more evil forces.

3 things that I'm thankful for and I think the writers/director will tap on that:

1. Teacher Dasan - he's a outsider but yet wise and bring a calming presence to the CP in the midst of the internal chaos. I'm glad the CP has someone of depth to count on.

2. HY (too much hate on her people :() - Actually I don't hate her but pity her, she's going to find out that CP's heart belongs to Ra-On, yet she's prepared to be married...and even be a puppet(?) or in name, to be with him. I was quite touched in Ep 9 when her dad expressed his worry for her about marrying into the palace and that if things don't work out, she will be all alone. She said she was prepared and will be supportive of the CP. That thought softened me towards her. She was not raised like the evil queen and her father did not appear to be like the power-hungry-do-anything-for-control Premier Kim. She's independent and dutiful so I'd rather she be supportive, then scheming like the evil Queen with the incompetent King.

3. I know BY and YS are second/third (?) leads but some how, I feel that they are going to protect and help CP, even if YS is doing it because of Ra-On. I like that in trying to raise YS's status, Premier Kim brings YS into a lot of the discussions with his cronies but YS appears to have an upright heart. So I really hope these 2 of CP's childhood friends will rise to the occasion to help him. Just like how BY and even YS helped CP to rescue Ra-On from the Qing envoy.

So those are some thoughts for comfort before Mon and I chanced upon this short vid of a tender side of Bogummy with his Reply 1988 co-star. Bogummy is a very authentic young man and I can imagine why he brings so much heart to the emotion scenes. 

https://youtu.be/G0D_yW_2zwA

NB: be prepped, it will tugged at your heart...

• Like 21

6 hours ago, 8mel said:

@ayu_2905 Yess and please focus on the tongue or perhaps bed scene, shower scenes, crown prince shirtless scenes or whatever that can make up for the pains and hurts to come.

Im pretty sure there wont be a shirtless CP scene because PBG or his handler wont allow it. I rest my case from the fact that during his 2N1D guesting, there was a game where PBG and a collegue played. Sticking coin at their back while lying on floor..his enemy was shirtless - to allow the coins to stick at his back and there was PBG.. who carefully would roll his back shirt to allow coins to stick while his front shirt was covering his front body. Camera shots/tricks was also very careful not to see any slight frontal body skin.. Oh my goodness my eyes.. Sexy back though..

• Like 16