[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

30 minutes ago, yvettiepie19 said:

I don't understand why he needs to cover his face. JY and YJ  have been in the industry much longer than him. Instead of being scared of the reactions of the fans around them, I really think they are enjoying it. The 3 of them JY, YJ and KDY seems so comfortable going out, signing authographs and  taking random pictures with fans. It's kinda like a payback for all the hardwork they put into their career. Finally the public both in korea and internationally acknowledges their talents and are looking up to them as Idols. Isn't that what every artist dreams off?

I don't think being PBG's aloofness towards the fans is his decision either. A lot of people describe how respectful he is so maybe his agency and manager are the ones who gives instructions not to entertain the public. Remember on the fan signing event, one fan was giving him a gift or a flower but his manager refused to take it. But YJ took the flower head crown that a fan gave her and even wore it not just at the fan signing event but even afterwards based on the pictures that has circulated before the wrap up party.

People in showbizness should cherish their fans. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't be popular anyways. Right?

23 minutes ago, gissy said:

I think it's more about decreasing people walking around at night chasing them while others are sleeping. I heard that yesterday, he did not join others for breakfast so that other tourists may eat in comfort. No offense but he is the one who is getting more attention compared to others

Thank you @gissy for explanation in such part, Park Bo Gum can currently annoy other hotel guests and make situations much worse to be much more crowds if he allowed fans to approach. There might be much more fans to set camp there as I read social network, tons of fans definitely went to see Park Bo Gum. Let consider Park Bo Gum's extreme reputation now.
This is public area for all hotel guests to leisure, not closed place for actors and fans. In addition, the purpose of this trip is the prize vacation for casts and crews to enjoy their valuable time together after exhausted months from non-stop & day-to-night preparations and filming. 

For gift in fan sign event, Park Bo Gum decided and officially announced that he won't receive any gift. It would be more strange to announce so and then still receive gifts from fans.

Park Bo Gum Is Adorably Apologetic When He Can’t Accept Fan Gifts

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/20/park-bo-gum-adorably-apologetic-cant-accept-fan-gifts/

This heart-fluttering moment is not the first time the actor has refused gifts from fans; he is known for telling people to “be a filial son and daughter to your parents” or “put money into your savings” instead of giving him presents.

Park Bo Gum apologizes to his fan at an autograph event

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/park-bo-gum-apologizes-to-his-fan-at-an-autograph-event

The actor is famous for not receiving gifts from fans, instead, asking them to be good to their parents and to save money. He says that he prefers fan letters instead of gifts.

12 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

That's right, he has been using subway but he said he would stop if it causes any inconvenience for others. He is always thoughtful to people around him ^^ 

10 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

It is true that Park Bo Gum has the highest popularity index at this point of time so he would be more harassed than the other cast in the team.  So he has more pressures to face and of course being a considerate and kind person, he is aware that his popularity might be causing nuisance to others around him(who want to enjoy their holiday and freedom) as there would be less freedom for everyone else and not him alone.  If he is alone, he probably would not be that awkward as his popularity would not affect others and he could behave totally differently to his fans.  

So I think it is not an apple-to-apple comparison to other cast members now because his popularity is currently truly phenomenal.

Well said and reasonable explanation, totally agreed. 

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Thank you @gissy for explanation in such part, Park Bo Gum can currently annoy other hotel guests and make situations much worse to be much more crowds if he allowed fans to approach. There might be much more fans to set camp there as I read social network, tons of fans definitely went to see Park Bo Gum. Let consider Park Bo Gum's extreme reputation now.
This is public area for all hotel guests to leisure, not closed place for actors and fans. In addition, the purpose of this trip is the prize vacation for casts and crews to enjoy their valuable time together after exhausted months. 

For gift in fan sign event, Park Bo Gum decided and officially announced that he won't receive any gift. It would be more strange to announce so and then still receive gifts from fans.

Park Bo Gum Is Adorably Apologetic When He Can’t Accept Fan Gifts

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/20/park-bo-gum-adorably-apologetic-cant-accept-fan-gifts/

This heart-fluttering moment is not the first time the actor has refused gifts from fans; he is known for telling people to “be a filial son and daughter to your parents” or “put money into your savings” instead of giving him presents.

Park Bo Gum apologizes to his fan at an autograph event

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/park-bo-gum-apologizes-to-his-fan-at-an-autograph-event

The actor is famous for not receiving gifts from fans, instead, asking them to be good to their parents and to save money. He says that he prefers fan letters instead of gifts.

Well said and reasonable explanation, totally agreed. 

like I said his aloofness towards the fans is not his fault. He is just following his agency and manager's instructions. and if I may add, there are alot of korean fans too who are stalking them not just filipino fans. There are alot of koreans in cebu studying english. 

Philippines have so many languages. Our common dialect is TAGALOG but for people in the southern part of the region, they use their main dialect which is BISAYA but are much better communicating in English than TAGALOG. 

I have so many Bisaya friends from cebu, davao and bacolod who talks to me in English with their thick accent rather than tagalog.

• Like 10

LOL at Bogummy's practicing NINJA hiding skills.~keke

poor boy must be trying hard not to draw too much attention  'cause just like what @lovehbhjw2013 it might make other members of the MDBC team feel uncomfortable they are after all on a vacation and they are also entitled to spend it privately without fans hounding them all the time.:vicx: seriously tho those fans are relentless, they really should just back off  and give these kids a break they badly needed some peace and quiet if you know what i mean.:angry:

• Like 18

Again, love reading the comments and pictures posted in this thread.  Yup, the price of stardom is high, yet; we should give them space so they can enjoy their vacation.  My thought, the KBS staff whoever made the plans for this trip didn't factor in that MBDC is so popular in the Philippines (Cebu) especially PBG and maybe didn't have proper coordination with local authorities or even the hotel management.  Everyone seems to be overwhelmed by the whole event so chaos happened, my personal observation.

I think when PBG goes to North America(US) and Europe it will be a different scenario.  PBG can surely relax, unless; he will venture in an area where there is heavy concentration of Asian population i.e. Los Angeles:blush:

I will surely miss MBDC/the whole crew and Monday/Tuesday will not be the same:dissapointed:

• Like 23

Bogum Not receiving gifts from Fans is not his Agency/manager's doing. It's his personal conviction that you should spend the money on your parents or savings. 

Sigh* The way BG is being Judged here makes me laugh. Oh well...*shrugs*

• Like 22

Ok I will admit, I am a little giddy seeing glimpse of the whole cast together even for a few sec. Funny really !!! Sad to hear JY have hydrophobia. Sad to see BG having to hide from fans but I glad to the see the team and cast stick around and support each other in a way that all can enjoy their vacation. 

A sincere request. Please stop with assumptions. It's like one pic and we pass on such harsh verdict on them. 

I see a lot of happy squeals now that there is proof BG borrowed YJ cap or vice versa. So what if there was no proof of it. People would still continue to pass on verdict in harsh way?! That's really not fair on the cast and one as lovely as Moonlight. They have been really genuine with their conduct throughout the series and even now. They are not trying to show us anything, they are just being themselves. They definitely have the right to it just like how we fans claim stalking as our right.

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Bogum Not receiving gifts from Fans is not his Agency/manager's doing. It's his personal conviction that you should spend the money on your parents or savings. 

i know right! his cuteness is beyond our understandings that's why * The way BG is being Judged here makes me laugh. Oh well...*shrugs*

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

there was a video during the fan signing event were 2 fans on  separate occation handed him a letter or a flower and he look up to his manager and his manager made a hand signal to the fans that he can't take gifts. And PBG made a pouting face. Nobody is judging him. Obviously he is being adored by so many otherwise he wouldn't be this popular.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Another favourite scene of mine (I'm rewatching as well, @stroppyse! ;)):

yeongon.gif

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ohmygod @Jillia, you so totally know how to lighten my mood and crack me up! Yes, totally love this scene! I still remember the first time when I was watching and I saw Yeong go up on his tip toes to make it even harder for petite RO to put on his headdress. LOL. And, even now I giggle watching this. Yeong is just so cheeky and RO is in her earnest phase now that she has to actually serve Yeong as the Crown Prince, and she's not even aware of how slyly Yeong is teasing her. ROFLOL. Thanks so much!

I like the analysis that Kim Yoo Jung's acting wholly as RaOn who earnest do her duty to serve Lee Yoeng while Lee Yeong teased RaOn by raising his height like a naughty kid.:blush:

I am re-watching to episode 8, when I read the people in this forum mentioned 5 favorite scenes and  5 favorite quote, I wanna pause and find such episode to re-watch.  My second times watching, I found out several more details and some hints to seamlessly lead audiences to the end of episode 18 with reasonable background indeed. In addition, I realized much more and more how great Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung portrayed each scene thoroughly to make Crown Prince Lee Yeong and RaOn exist in the world. :glasses:

I still feel that both of them's amazing acting is very crucial to this TV drama which focused almost all scenes with these 2 lead roles.  Thump up to scriptwriter, PDs, casting team, Casts&Crews.:wub:

• Like 21

2 hours ago, mellinadear said:

right, his experiences thought him really well - to be frugal. some fans may not like it but i really like how notorious he is for refusing gifts because i love the reason behind it.;)

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks so much for remembering page 1203 as the page of @tiendoank's classic post. Is it wrong of me that this scene now has me in giggles rather than the fright I felt for the little Princess Young Eun before @tiendoank's post? I will now forever associate Kim Hun with SNSD. 

I really like your scene list moments, but especially this one:

"Most who-wrote-the-dialogue-for-this scene - Yoon Sung is on the point of dying, and Raon asks "My Lord, are you okay?""

ROFLOL. Reading it, I remember thinking "WTF? He's seriously injured and dying. Would someone really be asking someone who is injured and dying that?" Of course, that was only a fleeting thought because that scene was all about YS.

Very happy to hear that HYC is doing so well since I know you're a big fan of his. I'm sure he'll keep giving you proud moments. He's a fantastic singer, and I came to know about him through this drama, but also a lot more through you. So, thanks for that. 

Aw @stroppyse thanks so much for your kind words. First Cheon Ho Jin .. I used to think of him as Dong Yi's father, first saw him in that drama, but now like you, I'll never look at him the same way again :)  Litttle Princess Young Eun - that little actress is simply amazing, I've a feeling she's going to out-act one or two older actors  in her new drama for KBS.  

Yes, that scene was all about YS. Jinyoung - and I've said this a few times - has really impressed me. I hope he considers more acting roles - maybe something different, a villain?

I do know that I go on and on and on about HCY, sorry folks  -  but he deserves it. Reading what stroppyse  said about him means a lot to me. Truly IMHO, he is a great role model  for young and old (young enough to be my son) and I (together with many of his fans outside South Korea) regard him as  a great ambassador for South Korean culture. I read about an 86-year-old male professor in China who was not a HCY fan but accompanied his daughter (and sister, I think) to Chi Yeul's fan meeting (in China or in Seoul, I've forgotten which one). By the end of that fan meeting, that professor had become a Chi Yeul fan ;)  

Spoiler

Chi Yeul's message recorded in Mandarin after his fan meeting  - his pronunciation is getting better, this from someone who's Chinese but sadly understands it very little. Hence my heartfelt gratitude to people like you @stroppyse who kindly  translate from Korean to English,or  from Chinese to English.

Thanks to HCY Indonesia Fanbase for the subs:

• Like 12

Jeez !!! What's exactly is going on since wrap up party?! Defending KYJ is part of me but I am actually defending BG (mostly) and even SB since past few days on every social account I am in interaction with Moonlighters. One does not have to be a fan to appreciate or see things the way it is. It's very clear BG is a social friendly and nice guy. In fact the whole cast. This is really upsetting.

I don't know if I am being harsh to the shippers but this is why I hate shipping from the word go. Only very limited few can keep the line between real and reel. Keep on assuming things and when actors dont act EXACTLY to fans delusion and assumption, start with the negativity. 

• Like 18