[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Thank you so much for the translations, @stroppyse!

My heart is breaking all over again.

But first things first... I love the bromance between Byung Yeon and Lee Yeong. I just wonder did I miss the conversation between them clarifying the whole gender issue? I mean I can live with that because it's feeling right but still... Anyways it breaks my heart when Lee Yeong is asking Byung Yeon to arrange a meeting with Ra On.

I don't think they clarified the whole gender issue but i guess they connected the dot or didn't need to mention it..they are both smart

I'm VERY worried now for Yoon Sung. This man has done so many good things it's almost like he will die in the end to sacrifice himself for Lee Yeong and Ra On. He openly defied his grandfather which means he is now on his own and Kim Hun may decide to get rid of the "bastard". :(

Yes, it's making me worry too. I hope that he is not gonna die at the end...Hopefully, PM Kim is not that heartless to kill his own grandson. *Praying

And now for the hard part: the bracelet scene... I'm not even sure if I can form any thoughts but like I said these two... THESE TWO are everything for each other. The fact that Ra On is willing to go down this selfless road is making her love for him more perfect. She could wish for Lee Yeong to run with her, he would run. She could wish for him to stop the wedding for her, he would gladly do so. But instead she is deciding to hurt him to make it easier for him to leave her, to forget her (as if this would work that way). And Lee Yeong knows what's going on. He isn't clueless. He can read Ra On like a open book. And the fact he assists her in the decision is just killing me. My heart hurts just writing about it...

Yes, Their love is just WOW

@cynkdf Thanks for letting me know when it is out. and @bogumminion that was so funny but so true

• Like 11

6 hours ago, myicecreamcakexoxo said:

Sigh...I just finished watching episode 15 subbed, and when I looked at myself in the mirror I was so appalled by how ugly I looked, lol. I think I may need ice packs to help relieve my swollen eyes :tears:

There are so many symbolisms interspersed throughout this episode - the half-moon, Chief Eunuch Han's words about how knots that are impossible to untangle must be cut without hesitation (i.e. referring to Yeong and Raon's impossible relationship, which also consequently leads up to Yeong cutting the eternity bracelet with RO's knife).

Speaking of which, I noticed that during the scene when Yeong and Raon had their confrontation and Yeong saying that he understood what Raon's true intention was by suddenly declaring her hate for Yeong's father (the king), Yeong cried from his left eye, and soon after, Raon did too - but interestingly, from her right eye.

Don't you guys think there's just something so poignant about this scene? It's though as if the writers want to emphasize on the idea that Yeong and Raon are each other's halves - that they're each other's eyes. One is crying for the other. Yin and Yang. I don't know whether this is intentional or PBG and KYJ are just that good, but I have to applaud the production team once again for the depth and quality of each episode. If I didn't know that they're currently live shooting, I wouldn't have thought that they're pressed for time at all. 

So kudos to all mdbc crews! Keep up the good work!

Crossing my fingers tomorrow's episode won't be too cruel for my heart. We're having thanksgiving dinner tonight and I bet all my relatives would be bombarding me with questions as to why I look like a panda :vicx:

Extra:

MOD EDIT: do not quote images and multimedia

agree with u so much!!! despite being a sad scene, this has officially become one of my top YeongOn moments because it shows how beautiful and selfless their love is, and how they can throughoutly understand each other. Kudos to the production team and let's give a big standing ovation esp to both BG and YJ. It's their awesome acting that makes me feeling so emotionally invested in this drama. just thinking that the finale is next week makes me so sad, i'm gonna miss them so much :bawling:

Edited by rainmoon
  • Like 23

Thanks for the welcome, @moodypie! :D And thanks to everyone who posted translations, screenshots, etc!

I was meaning to hold back from posting until I’ve actually watched Episode 15 with subtitles and all (I’m only going by from what I’ve remembered of the live-capping, so I apologize in advance for discrepancies, which I think might be apparent in fourth paragraph), but I couldn’t help but notice the frustration that’s directed at Ra On for her actions. Since this thread moves at lightning-fast speeds I wasn’t able to read all the new pages, but it seems like this is still a prevalent topic.

I’m not an articulate person at all and English isn’t my first language, so I’m going to do my best to write why I think Ra On’s actions are the farthest thing from noble idiocy. There have been other posters who explained very well, the ones I can remember at the top of my head are from @breezelife and @Phuong Dinh on page 1050. I would quote them here but I think there’s a limit to the word count? Haha, I’m clearly still a n00b. Anyways, for those who are feeling frustrated with what happened and think that Ra On is being ‘weak,’ I recommend that you go to this page and read their posts. At best it will give you an idea of Ra On’s character and the direness of the situation that has forced her, as this kind of person, to resort to this choice – for the sake of her love, her family, and the country (yes, the country). In light of this I find it hard-pressed to call her actions ‘noble idiocy.’ On the other hand if you still disagree and stand by your opinion, you can at least see where the scriptwriter was coming from, and that’s sort of a catharsis unto itself.

Was there another path Ra On could have taken to spare her and Yeong the heartbreak? Maybe. But honestly, I’ve been brainstorming on how she could possibly do so in a position that literally has her pigeonholed with virtually no way out, and I can’t think of a single plausible solution aside from a Deus ex Machina. Everything in this scenario is going against her, and I don’t even think street-smarts is enough to hand-wave her background, Yeong’s own problems, and a whole host of other factors that basically spell out sticky situation for not just the couple, but everyone around them. Then there’s the logical path of her and the Three Musketeers teaming up to bring down the baddies, but (correct me if I’m wrong, my memory’s getting hazy) since Yoon Sung and Byung Yeon still seem to have some bond to their clan/organization (although they have certainly taken steps to help their fellow brother and friend despite this bond, and Yoon Sung has even openly defied his grandfather), their range of actions are also limited. They still haven’t fully opened up to Yeong about everything. (Or maybe they have and I missed it? Or was it an implied? :blink: ) This kind of secret-keeping is preventing this epic team-up from happening. One might say that the actual reason is because the show wants to create drama, which I won’t argue on. xD

I feel like I just rambled aimlessly lol. Apologies – like I said, I’m not the most articulate person in the world. I hope I still made sense in spite of that, and I mean no offense to anyone if my words could be taken as such. Wrote this as fast as I could during Biochemistry lecture so if my tone came off as harsh, it’s not you. It’s because this class doesn’t allow tablets or any electronic devices. :sweatingbullets: The stuff this show has made me do. :lol:

• Like 22