[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

23 minutes ago, budzy90 said:

@Bambiina Totally agree with yor analysis. I happen to think that the pacing of this drama is PERFECT..usually story becomes a bit boring once the couple are together but they perfectly timed the political intrigue to start just after the couple got together..

Also i have few questions?

1) WTF, queen was a giseng..how even did she become queen?

2) if even giseng can become queen, so how come its difficult for RAon to become queen? I know she is a rebel's daughter but they didn't KNOW that yet?

3) Can't she become concubine or court

Not @Bambiina but I will try to answer your questions, @budzy90

1. The subs got it wrong, the gisaeng in question was the Queen's mother. 

2. and 3. Just wait and see. :blush:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, acidburnchel said:

I have a feeling that Master Jung Dong Ryung will play a major role in strategizing a plan to help CP in defeating the Kim clan since he placed first in the state examination and was assigned in the CP Protection Office. His expertise in strategy will come in handy.

Good point, also in his interview with the Prince, LY said that Jung Dong Rying had expertise in "the law". Yep, I think he will play an important role and of course I would also want to see him and the newly trim Princess finally meet. I love how the Prince changed the subject of the test to "harvest" intelligent people who passed the test because of their talent and not because of their connections. Good looks, brain and brawn... he can carry a sword and fight too. 

• Like 19

4 hours ago, lalunaaa said:

@mannequinstar12 if i could i would like your post 100times... :P

anyway found this gif & pic on mdbc baidu bar and i couldnt remember which episode this gif was? episode 1 after that dirt pit?

hahaha thank you for 100times like. i dont remember any scenes of these too. i think they cut this scene. 

• Like 14

To me , RO is not normal communal or low in society. Her father worked in palace and he is close with King rite?

Since the Hong clan wanted to have a better king for Joseon , then probably CP may alliance with them ( this is just my guess)

So marry RO is possible :D but this could have to go through certain part of heart breaking scene . i don't know about the novel ending, but i think the writter would write it differently ? 

• Like 17

@Bambiina perfectly put and agree with you. Though I think in mdbc , the side characters act v well and provided some background stories and meat that brought out the various layers of our main otp. I havent found any character that isnt necessary here. The eunuchs were there to illustrate the comadarie they have with raon, the side love stories of eunuch ma, first couple in first episode illustrate how warm hearted and helpful raon is when helping others and yet took a while to consider her own love, how she help others also became a motivation for cp to confess. The lantern seller girl showed how caring cp is towards his subjects. The way he treated his sisters also show how caring a brother he is. 

How these side characters are designed kind of serve like leaves to accentuate the beauty our characters who are like flowers 

• Like 19

43 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Good point, also in his interview with the Prince, LY said that Jung Dong Rying had expertise in "the law". Yep, I think he will play an important role and of course I would also want to see him and the newly trim Princess finally meet. I love how the Prince changed the subject of the test to "harvest" intelligent people who passed the test because of their talent and not because of their connections. Good looks, brain and brawn... he can carry a sword and fight too. 

JDR is one of the characters who provide comic relief, which for me is always welcome in a drama, but it would be even better if he turns out to play a critical role.

Cheon Ho Jin is doing a good job as the villain of the piece, but I wish he'll play a good guy again. Loved him in his role as little Dong Yi's father..

And now for my favourite topic .. hopefully Music Director Gaemi-Nim will put us HCY fans out of our misery and allow a few seconds of his OST to be played in Ep 11 or 12 .. we are running out of episodes!! Meanwhile, for those folks who might like to listen to one of HCY's old songs (from his 2007 album) ... yes, the "nine-year rookie" released an album nine years ago ..

Spoiler

"Goodbye My Love" (which hopefully will not be the title of Chi Yeul's OST for MDBC because that could mean a sad ending for our beloved OTP) from Chi Yeul's 2007 album "Five Senses".  A big thank you to  RIAK (Recording Industry Association of Korea) for uploading all of Chi Yeul's songs from "Five Senses" on their Youtube Channel.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Mei Lee said:

I would like to think that i am quite selective (actually very picky) in choosing my k dramas. To date, I have only participated in mdbc forum and no where else cos no drama could hold my interest or make me so enamoured as I am of mdbc.

Not even the widely popular DOTS! I was not really impressed by the plot or chemistry of the leads. Didn't finish watching the drama cos i was bored halfway through it. No offense to DOTS fans.

Not here to diss the other period drama airing the same days as mdbc but it was adapted from a chinese drama so the storyline is already predictable to me. The actress is talented but nowhere as talented as yoo jung. 

Okay...think bullets coommmminnggggg my way.. have to duck now!!! :sweatingbullets:

@Mei Lee actually we share the same pov... I mean SJK & SHK are one of my few top of the list fave hallyu stars...but it does not kept me from sticking out with DOTS...actually after the 3rd episode I gave up (same here no offense intended nor comparison of these two masterpieces) ... I dont know why?...but MDBC with PBG & KYJ in it...there is something in this unification...that you just can't explain that will make you 101% focus on their stories... it's some kind of a wondrous element that is unknown that makes u crave for more...with that hands down to the entire production team... Salute!!!...

• Like 21

@selenette  @Bambiina oh I see chingus, Thanx for clearing that up.

@selenette Btw are u an MDBC insider or something? you sound intriguingly like you have some knowledge that we don't have:w00t:  do tell!!

Also don't all of u guys have this suspicion that the writers of MDBC might be lurking around in our forums??? cos every time we ask for kiss or skinship scenes,, they deliver on the next episode itself!! Incredible :rolleyes:

• Like 19

10 hours ago, yoohoo84 said:

Can someone explain to me why BY was surprised to see the Head Eunuch with the rebels considering it was the Head Eunuch who brought him to the rebel group after his dad was killed? I'm sure he would've seen the Head Eunuch in the palace, just don't understand the shock...

Probably 'cause he only knew him as his savior.. He didn't even now that the Head Eunuch was the one fixing him up with the rebels. So it isn't so strange that he didn't knew about him being the leader.                                                 (‐^▽^‐)

8 hours ago, daynci said:

it has been less significant the 2nd lead. i remember the first few episode i had to google who is he, he is so handsome. maybe 18 episodes are too few so they dont have time to build relationship between raon and yoon sung. 

I hope they don't end up with a story line where they try to pair them up, for it to fail. I think that is one of the most over done story-lines in drama land. I would prefer that they go all out about Lee-Young, Yoon-Sung and Byung-Yeon story-line instead. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Is this a mis-translation or is the writer giving more twists here? Interesting history culled from conversation of BY and the rebel leader who earlier was assumed to be Hong Gyeong Nae the father of Ra On. However when the rebels found out that BY knew about Ra On and lied about it, BY was asked why he did not tell the rebels that he knew who Ra On was and was it his intention to give Ra On to the prince or the PM. BY said no that he did not want Ra On to live like him, that he wanted Ra On to be free to live her own life and "she does not know anything about Hong Gyeong Nae and you will not be able to get information from her about HGN”. The rebel “leader” was about to behead BY when the head eunuch arrived and halted the execution. So from that conversation, it seems to me that the rebel group is not the group that Hyeon Gyeon Nae the father of Ra On led? So, it must mean that HGN the father of Ra On is dead or in hiding? The reason why those rebels whom BY was working with wanted to find Ra On was to use her as symbol or the representative of the rebellion because she is the daughter of the vaunted rebel leader who fought against the officials who unfairly taxed and oppressed people collecting more than they were allowed even in years of famine. It will make sense if the parents died being that no one looked for her for 10 years. That is also one reason why BY did not want to tell them about Ra On because the “leader”  is not HGN. If BY knew HGN were alive, he surely will tell him about his daughter, Ra On?

The conversation of the head eunuch and Ra On when she saw the hankie with the flower in it and Ra On says it looks familiar as her mother embroiders the flower in her linens and she asked head eunuch how he had that same flower in his hankie. The head eunuch told her that it was given by his best friend who always had that embroidered hanky with him. Maybe the head eunuch knew HGN. Where is HGN if he is alive and what about Ra On’s mom, was she killed?

I don't think we know much about Hyeon Gyeon-Nae, we don't even know if he really is a rebel-leader. Also I am not so sure they will even go down the route of the web-novel. We will probably get to know everything about Ra-On's father in episode 11, at least I hope. ٩(•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑)ᵒᵏᵎᵎᵎᵎ

5 hours ago, ksks111 said:

Sorry to cut your post, but i hope your wish come true! Recall when CP visited the wise advisor in town on the civil exam issue? The advisor talked about why win an argument with your spouse just for the sake of wining? CP asked what had his problem got to do with "spouse management"? lol i hope it means that in a much later epi, we are going to see him and RO fight over nothing! and he would recall this wise teaching and allow her to 'win' ... those of us married would know how sometimes the man keep peace in the household by letting his PMS-wife wins the fight... Happy wife = happy life :phew:

ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑) wish wish wish...(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

3 hours ago, babysiew said:

aiks this is in ep 1? i think i missed this scene!

Well I think most of us didn't see it. After all it was a cut scene, only added in the rerun. (,,꒪꒫꒪,,)

• Like 9

Two food trucks for Yoojung's birthday at Moonlight's filming site today.

Finally food truck from Yoojung's Official Fancafe 'GENUINE' has arrived :)

Also, another food truck from Yoojung's bestfriends and fellow young actresses Lee Young Yoo and Kim Sae Ron, they said :

"Raonie is love. Happy birthday~ Thank you for being born :heart:. YoungyooRon support you!"

Spoiler

Yoojung and Youngyoo also sent food truck to Saeron when she's filming her drama 'Mirror of The Witch' :) 

I hope Yoojung can spend sometimes to celebrate her birthday eventhough seems like they're filming non stop since yesterday :( 

5 hours ago, a15t3 said:

wow.. it is obviously has a lot different when it is put on movie :P

I am still in a discovery mode....as I am reading the novel.  I figured out book 3 is very difficult to make into a drama for 2 reasons. The events in the book are either not dramatic enough or overly sizzling for OTP for rating 15.  

Spoiler

The Qing envoy event is better depicted in the drama than the novel...YS looked like a big hero in the drama till we love him so much....and CP was so suave in his ways when he saved his girl...we also love him so much..  The sizzling parts and hormones raging behaviour of the crown prince in the novel are converted to romantic sessions in the drama. Also, the sizzling scene in the novel was in winter...they are now filming in summer....a bit tough to do snow scene...leading to bath tub...

• Like 14