[Drama 2016] Don't Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate) 질투의 화신

Go Seung Ji

9 hours ago, nadseventh said:

Jealousy Incarnate won the poll for SBS Best Drama of 2016. :glasses:  Darn right, K-netz. I'm glad we're on the same page :D

Awww! I'm so happy Korean appreciates the drama as well!

I can't wait for the year end award. I heard GHJ doesn't attend award show like these? I hope it'll be an exception this year!

I can't move on from JJS so I'm watching his King2hearts. The first 2 eps, I was like argh because JJS had little screen time and I'm not a fan of the leads but after, it gets better. JJS has more screen time and he's sooooooooooooo freaking hot and sucha goodie goodie in there! *lovee* The lead's line is getting so funny too! The drama LOL moments remind me of JI! =D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, soulgirl012 said:

Awww! I'm so happy Korean appreciates the drama as well!

I can't wait for the year end award. I heard GHJ doesn't attend award show like these? I hope it'll be an exception this year!

I can't move on from JJS so I'm watching his King2hearts. The first 2 eps, I was like argh because JJS had little screen time and I'm not a fan of the leads but after, it gets better. JJS has more screen time and he's sooooooooooooo freaking hot and sucha goodie goodie in there! *lovee* The lead's line is getting so funny too! The drama LOL moments remind me of JI! =D

me too! But although the first 2 episodes of TK2H does not really have lots of screen time of JJS, but he is soooo good looking with his uniform and then, he sings a song in episode 2.. wooowww.. Before I hope that he will sing like that in JI.. well, anyway, we already have him singing and dancing in ep 24. I am already happy with ep 24 of JI. Still re watch the wedding scene from time to time :) 

JI is the best drama of 2016! Usually the Awards are held in December 31, right? JI should receive lots of awards and hopefully Daesang for JJS!! Can't wait to see the Awards then.

58 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

JI is the best drama of 2016! Usually the Awards are held in December 31, right? JI should receive lots of awards and hopefully Daesang for JJS!! Can't wait to see the Awards then.

Come to think of it, which big name actress or Korea's Younger Sister has JJS not work with? Haha~ There's JJH to be added later!

I tell ppl around me now that I can retire kdrama anytime because JI is the best Kdrama I've seen. Acting wise, JJS! Whoever he plays, he becomes! Wow~

can someone translate this http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002847954

is it true that jo jung suk is nominated for grand daesang for the 2016 sbs drama awards against jun ji hyun, han suk kyu, kim rae won, and lee jun ki? does anyone know the whole list of nominees and if gong hyo jin, jjs, or anyone else from ji is nominated for any awards like top excellence or best couple, and against who?

also what are the air dates for all sbs, mbc and kbs awards shows for drama, entertainment, and gayodaejun? also where do you watch these shows?

December 5, 2016

Movies starring Jo Jung-suk, Gong Hyo-jin compete for top in weekend box office

By Jeon Sharon

SEOUL, Dec. 5 (Yonhap) -- Jo Jung-suk and Gong Hyo-jin, who recently came off from playing the leads of hit rom-com TV drama "Jealousy Incarnate," have continued to ride huge waves of popularity on the big screen through their latest movies, waging a fierce competition in the weekend box office here, data showed Monday.

According to real-time box office figures from the Korean Film Council, "My Annoying Brother" starring Jo and "Missing" with Gong as lead, took the No. 1 and No. 2 spots over the Dec. 2-4 weekend, selling out 598,274 and 470,476 tickets respectively.

The comedy drama that snagged the top spot has grossed about 2,160,000 viewers since its local premiere on Nov. 24, and the latter, set out a week after its rival, has accumulated an attendance of over 700,000.

This photo provided by CJ Entertainment shows Doh Kyung-soo (L) and Cho Jung-seok in a scene from "My Annoying Brother." (Yonhap)

This photo provided by CJ Entertainment shows Doh Kyung-soo (L) and Cho Jung-seok in a scene from "My Annoying Brother." (Yonhap)

"My Annoying Brother" depicts a moving story about two hostile half-brothers that become a loving family where Jo plays a fraudulent young man who bails himself out by claiming himself to be the only family member of his half-brother, a national judo player who loses his sight and dreams in an accident.

The stars of the new movie "Missing" -- Gong Hyo-jin (L) and Um Ji-won -- greet reporters during a publicity event in Seoul on Nov. 21, 2016. (Yonhap)

The stars of the new movie "Missing" -- Gong Hyo-jin (L) and Um Ji-won -- greet reporters during a publicity event in Seoul on Nov. 21, 2016. (Yonhap)

The mystery thriller film "Missing" features Gong as a babysitter who one day disappears with the child. Nobody knows the whereabouts of the two and the reasons behind their disappearance.

The two-weekend winner "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," a Warner Bros.' fantasy adventure film, fell to third place on its third weekend with 432,828 tickets sold, just a few tickets behind "Missing."

The film, based on a screenplay by J.K. Rowling, follows Newt Scamander, an English magical zoologist, who joins a secretive group of wizards and witches in 1920s New York in search of fantastic beasts.

While the three movies battled out for the top spots, "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" starring hit Hollywood star Tom Cruise ranked No. 4 and the German-animated film "The Little Medic: Secret Mission of the Bodynauts" rounded out the top five.

deserts@yna.co.kr

JJS's guest appearance in Legend of the Blue Sea this week (both eps?) and there's JI (and feels like HS) reference! Even GHJ makes a surprise appearance! Haha~! (I think viewers who haven't seen JI would wanted to see JI now! Haha~)

@pixiebelle, where in ep 9 did Nari appeared? I saw a weather forecast report but the lady doesn't look like Nari~

2 hours ago, Ihjj said:

Have you guys seen this poll? 2016 Beanie Awards

Go VOTE! LOL. It's just for fun. I'm glad a lot of people enjoyed this drama as it is winning the Favorite Comedy poll!

I did~! I hope the SBS management is fair with their awards. I can see awards going to actors/actresses in higher rating drama instead. Anyways, I trust other bigger award shows which award to all tv drama/actors will recognize JJS and JI!

And @Ihjj, I see you like Eric/Shinhwa?? Have u seen these JI MVs with Shinhwa's music!? <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS13DJG7zd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_odJ9MnJ2VQ

19 hours ago, soulgirl012 said:

I did~! I hope the SBS management is fair with their awards. I can see awards going to actors/actresses in higher rating drama instead. Anyways, I trust other bigger award shows which award to all tv drama/actors will recognize JJS and JI!

And @Ihjj, I see you like Eric/Shinhwa?? Have u seen these JI MVs with Shinhwa's music!? <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS13DJG7zd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_odJ9MnJ2VQ

OMG I haven't!! Thank you so much for sharing!! LOL. They go so well with the drama.

From Year In Review part 3 in Dramabeans  

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/2016-year-in-review-part-3-a-drama-for-every-day-of-the-year/#more-121995

Jealousy Incarnate 

Watch this: On a day that ends in Y.

I never laughed as much all year as I did while watching Jealousy Incarnate. It’s a show that impressed me by doing comedy right—stylishly, with wit and perfect timing—and I could’ve easily watched another 24 episodes and asked for more. I was endlessly amused by the sharp comedic banter, where everything was buried under five layers of subtext and nobody said what they meant, so that minutiae became meaningful, like a secret code language spoken by emotionally stunted people. I loved it. 

I think there was just a magical synergy in the writing, directing, and acting, because the dialogue was clever, the delivery was dry and side-splittingly funny, and the directing elevated it all with witty touches and visual gags, making it seamless. The show always subverted my expectations in every interaction—you think a conversation is going left, and characters suddenly veer right—and the surprise is as pleasing as the joke itself. 

Jealousy Incarnate was in no way a one-man show, but Jo Jung-seok really took off and ran with his character, and he made me think that nobody else could’ve played that infuriating lovable manchild so pitch-perfectly. One major disappointment in the drama is that the world was set up with a whole host of fantastic side characters who should’ve gotten meatier stories and lots of development with episodes to spare, but they got shafted for the central loveline. I was sad that we never got to see the ins and outs of the Rak Pasta tenants becoming one big, mixed-up family; we know they did, but I wanted to be there for the nitty gritty, because I loved the family stuff way more than the news broadcast stories.

One of my favorite parts in all romance stories is when a burst of jealousy betrays a character’s true feelings, cutting past all the richard simmons, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that an entire drama all about jealousy would end up at the top of my list for 2016. The jealousy was extreme, to be sure, and immaturity probably reached new lows (hilarious, awesome lows), but it also showed us that sometimes, pettiness is brutal honesty, and admitting jealousy is saying “I love you.”

Archived