[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

Translation for the video that @ladymaladroit requested. Not going to translate all the bits that have to do with politics and issues since it's a sticky subject and I don't want my translations confusing anyone. Just going to mention SHK (and SJK's) bits. THIS IS A ROUGH TRANSLATION ONLY MEANT TO EXPLAIN THE GENERAL CONVERSATION IN THE VIDEO.

MC1 - Song Hye Kyo-shi along with Song Joong Ki-shi are the most discussed famous actors in the country today.

MC2- Song Hye Kyo-shi had received an offer from the China Divisions of a famous Japanese Company called Mitsubishi to become their brand ambassador for Mitsubishi cars in China.But due to Mitsubishi's involvement in the war and the fact that they have still not acknowledged their mistake were the reasons that SHK-shi turned down the offer to be the brand ambassador. 

MC1 - Isn't Mitsubishi an extremely famous brand name when it comes to the automobile industry?. One of the most famous brands in the world.

MC2 -Even in our own country, men are extremely fond of Mitsubishi cars. Many dream of having a Mitsubishi car from a very young age.

(Then they talk about Mistubishi's role during the Meiji era - basically for the ones who are unfamiliar  Mitsubishi used to be a semi-government shipping company that was reluctant to to send its ships into military zones to provide troop transport. Mitsubishi provided troop transport for the national government's military expeditions and in return received the ships from the bankrupt semi-government shipping line. Mitsubishi was granted special privileges which enabled it to prosper and grow.

The MC also talks about SJK's new movie which will be dealing with the Japan-Korea war and how even there Mitsubishi had an involvement with the war.)

MC 2- For their involvement in Military Operations in the past, Japan has apologised to the people of America and China. However our nation is still yet to receive any formal apology or even acknowledgement from Mitsubishi with regards to their role .With SHK-shi's decision to refuse the deal this news has re-surfaced.

MC 3 - Not translating his part .

MC 1- I want to ask, SHK-shi is such a talented actress but how come she's also so aware of such things (*basically he's amazed since Actors and Actresses aren't considered the smartest. Also they tend to be unaware of national and international affair.) 

MC 2 - Even the netizens asked a similar question, they're also equally curious and amazed. As you know, the famous Prof. Seok Young Duk from our country shared news that SHK called him and asked him whether Mitsubishi still hadn't acknowledged and apologised for their actions in the past.

MC 1 - Oh!. She was already aware of this in such great detail (*amazement*)

MC 2 - Yes, which is why she stated this as the reason of her refusal of the offer. Which is why even the Netizens in China are discussing this news in great detail and praising her. The Prof also shared that SHK-shi has a lot of interest in the activities and issues involving our country, be it in the country or in other countries she has always attempted to create a good image and awareness about S.Korea. The Prof. mentions how she's an actress who takes her responsibility as someone representing her nation very seriously and even though such actions may not be expected from Actors/Entertianers , she takes it upon herself to do so.

MC 3 - not translating.

MC 1 - not translating.

MC 2 - not translating.

MC 1- Is it true that this Chinese actress got plastic surgery to look like SHK-shi?. That she approached plastic surgeons to make her look like SHK-shi?

MC 2- Yes,her name is Zhang Yuqi and she's an actress famous for her beauty in HK. But even she wanted to look like SHK, which is why she came to S.Korea to get surgery to look like SHK. Whether this is confirmed or not, the results of the surgery are definitely there for all to see and she does look like quite similar to SHK post-surgery. Not just her, many Chinese people come to Seoul to get plastic surgery so that they can look like SHK.

Next bits are just discussions over SHK and SJK's upcoming movie have sort of re-ignited this issue. Next bit is about actress Lee Young Ae.

@hclover96 thanks!!!! :wub::wub: Super happy seeing those pictures....could they look any more in love!

giphy.gif

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES AND VIDEOS. I AM PRETTY SURE THE NEW AND OLD POSTERS BY NOW KNOW HOW TO OBEY FORUM RULES. IF YOU INSIST ON FLOUTING THE RULES THEN BE PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES WHICH WILL MEAN THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AND DELETED. WHICH WOULD EFFECTIVELY MEAN THAT FOR MANY OF YOU, YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF SONGSONG NEWS WILL BE CLOSED DOWN. SO, IF YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN THEN PLEASE BY ALL MEANS CONTINUE WITH QUOTING THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS.

Thanks @joongkyo for addressing this yet again especially to new comers! This, must be reposted/quoted!! 

PLEASE abide by the forum and thread rules because this is my only virtual hang out place that I visit all the the time and speak/write freely about my/our shipping hearts and read others thoughts with vindication! Don't take it away from all of us! Don't let this thread get locked down! 

It's so nice to see that the cast of DOTS seems to be really close and always have nice words to say about each other 

Just like what SHK said about SJK, Kim Min Suk also confirm that he really takes care of all staff. Our SHK is also very kind and easy going in contrast to other pop star or what people perceive her to be. I just love these two, so nice to hear good think about them :)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/12/kim-min-suk-describes-what-it-is-like-to-work-with-the-main-cast-of-descendants-of-the-sun/

That corner photo tho. They're like overflowing with so much happiness its become MY happiness lol. This ship is going to be the death of me. Every little tidbit makes me grin idiotically like a Cheshire cat. 

I don't even need to hear my friends call me crazy. I'm well aware where the state my mind is in and it's in Urk. Period. Just waiting for Sijin and Moyeon to emerge in the forms of SJK and SHK in Seoul❣

Hello song-song shippers !

okay, so i actually signed up for this forum over here. i may be late but currently DOTS and both song-song couple are part of my life right now. Even i dont chase the drama every week due to my busy schedule T^T and currently only till episode 10 but i can already feel the withdrawal syndrome bcuz the drama is coming to the end. WHY?! I rather it be like those long-gas drama where they have hundreds of episodes ! i dont care if BIGBOSS is cheesy all the time; i dont care if BEAUTY is all 'tough' (which she dont admits that she likes him) yet-she-loves-him-more-than-she-thinks ! 

Am i over reacted here? HAHA ANYWAY, im glad that i joined in this forum, bcuz, SONG-SONG COUPLE IS LOVE  !! :D

dOtS is nearing the end of its run!

There should be something we could do

to appease our withdrawal dOtS syndrome!

I have been watching all the epis repeatedly! Thanks for Viki!

Color me crazy, but I am missing them already!

My only consolation is that I could just swing by the KiKyo thread any time of day

and do a little sniffing for some juicy fresh- from- the press news!

We have countless sleuths in this thread! 

Really, really good PI's who can give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money!

We won't be short of anything KiKyo!

Here's to dOtS for an awesome run!ThBubbles

congratulations3

WARNING INCOMING LONG POST

Song Joong Ki & Song Hye Kyo: RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE

August 2013: During his last fanmeeting he told his fans he visited TWTWB set twice, "I wanted to see SHK sunbae"

.........SJK ENLISTS IN ARMY........

April 1/2 2015: SHK and SJK confirmed for DOTS roles

April 11, 2015: SHK in Paris for Elle Photoshoot

May 16, 2015: June SHK Elle Magazine Preview Shots

May 25, 2015: SJK military discharge

May 28, 2015: Dots first script reading

May 30, 2015: SJK with Chulhwa & Kim Jae Hoone(Studio Concrete)

June 7-12, 2015: SJK with LKS & JIS mini vac to Thailand

July 15, 2015: DOTS FILMING COMMENCES

July 21, 2015: SHK in Beijing with close girlfriends

July 25, 2015: SHK AND SJK spotted with Alpha Team at favourite pub cr: IG ttr292

July 29, 2015: SHK with Studio Concrete friends

—————SongSong and Goowon go on a trip (Bonding trip)——————

Sept 25, 2015: SJK with Chulwha & Kim Jae Hoone (Studio Concrete)

Sept 28, 2015: Cast and Crew go to Greece for month long filming, SHK and SJK spotted boarding together

*During time abroad, Cast and Crew were treated to a big dinner* 

Oct 28, 2015: Cast and Crew return from Greece, SJK spotted at Incheon Airport

Oct 29-31, 2015: SJK Elle Magazine

Nov 16, 205: SHK in Singapore for Lineage Sparkling Party

Nov 22, 2015: SJK visited LKS at “Puck” filming

Nov 25, 2015: SJK injury on DOTS set, 

Dec 22, 2015: SHK with Studio Concrete friends, having dinner 

Dec 30, 2015: Dots filming is wrapped up at 8:00 am, Wrap up party commences that evening

-------New year------------

Jan 8, 2016: SHK with old friends (IG update)

Jan 9, 2016: SJK Spotted heading to China (Shanghai) 2016 Asian Smile Cup

Jan 10, 2016: SHK spotted heading to China at Gimpo Airport

Jan 12, 2016: SJK heads back to S.Korea spotted at Shanghai airport 

Jan 24, 2016: SJK & SHK gift Kim min Seok a cake to celebrate his birthday

Jan 25, 2016: SJK dinner with Han Kook young

Jan 25, 2016: SHK & Gookie together at dinner..... (Cr: Gookie_in_seoul IG) 

Jan 28, 2016: SJK spotted in Busan for Kolon sport filming

Jan 31, 2016: SHK uploaded a beautiful selfie..... her wrap is very similar to the pic on Gookie's IG on the 25th ..... (Something is not quite right...)

*----------------INFAMOUS NY MEETING--------------

Feb 5, 2016: SHK spotted in NYC

Feb 7, 2016: SHK in NYC at pub watching the Super Bowl cr: Shonju

Feb 12, 2016: SHK posted photo of Bruce willis "Misery" a play on broadway

*----------------INFAMOUS NY MEETING--------------

Feb 14, 2016: SHK spotted at Le passe-muraillle play to support Dots cast member Jo Jae Yun : cr @haeleehwang IG

Feb 18, 2016: SJK @ Pure Love VIP Premier 

Feb 22, 2016: DOTS Premier Press Conference, PLUS FILMING OF ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

Mar 2, 2016: SHK with yazaca at Studio Concrete

Mar 5, 2015: SJK @  Turbo concert

Mar 11, 2015: SJK with Rooco and rest of Alpha team at pub cr: Rooco IG ??? Is it possible SHK was there........  *verification of date is difficult since no-one updates on the date they should.....

Mar 15, 2016: SJK  at Style Icon Asia Awards

Mar 16, 2016: Midway DOTS PC

Mar 19-23: SHK spotted in HK (Gagosian Gallery)

Mar 27/28, 2016: SongSong spotted enjoying tea at Serengetea shop with 2 members of the Alpha team (Kim min seok & PH)

Mar 29, 2016: SHK with Raymond chae & YAI 

Mar 30, 2016: SJK appears on KBS 9:00 pm news 

April 1, 2016: Dots Dinner Party cohosted by SongSong

April 3, 2016: SJK attends close friends wedding

April 4, 2016: SHK and SJK spotted at Incheon Airport, Arrive in HongKong for PC, Later on in the evening both parties and staff dined at the Four Seasons hotel where they were staying

April 5, 2016: HK Dots Press Conference, plus 4 additional interviews, SongSong had dinner at the G7 for italian cuisine, According the Head Chef, he personally drove them back to the hotel.

April 6, 2016: SHK spotted at HK airport going back to Korea, SJK stays in HK,  he has photoshoots and CF's to film, Celebrated Kim Jae hoone's birthday (Studio Concrete)

April 8, 2016: SHK spotted at Gimpo International Airport

April 9, 2016; SJK returns to S.Korea ( Continuing to fulfill his work commitments)

....... TO BE CONTINUED .......

This was just a snapshot I made of all the up-to-date known movements of both SHK and SJK...... Lol I feel like I really went into Stalker Mode, It was quite interesting just to figure out how often they managed to see each other despite their work events these past couple of months and to pinpoint the time frame of the NY meeting. To me this just verifies @convalescent depiction of how their relationship developed through the amount of yellow highlights. Thank you for your analysis. Its Amazing how they have steadily grown as individuals and as ACQUAINTANCES -> CLOSE COLLEAGUES -> RUMOURED COUPLE -> LOVERS -> FUTURE HUSBAND AND WIFE LOL

I feel when I look at SJK and SHK they really are mirroring each others style and mannerisms. This only means their level of intimacy has increased where I no longer look at them separately but as one. Their inner circle of friends are becoming increasingly similar.

• SJK & SHK styles has changed quite a bit, SJK is ALOT more masculine and handsome instead of the cute boy image he had prior to his military discharge part of me thinks it was because of SHK. Where as I feel she is ALOT more carefree with her style for example the sneakers!
  • SUBTLE MIMICS (HK PC): HEAD TURNS, POUTS, SMILING, BODY STANCES......
  • INTERVIEW ANSWERS: Their answers compliment each other 100% for example SHK: choosing YAI scene and SJK choosing LKS scene
  • NAME CALLING: I feel they take every possible chance to call each other "Joongki-shi and Hyekyo-shi" (If it was any other couple I'd probable say its borderline excessive.)
  • HE STARES AT HER/GIVES HER SPECIAL ATTENTION..... WHICH LEADS HER TO... BLUSH, Stroke her arm, play with her earring....

@ilovesjk @joongkyo @hclover96 @khxy @alleverything @2cents @angieknows_11 @Bambiina ..... and etc.... My apologies I couldn't name everyone in this thread, I WOULD if I could, just because it has grown so much, and a lot of you have contributed to this thread. I wanted to give you thanx for all the insight, detective work, translations, gifs, pictures and news. 

@twtwb Is it possible to change the thread name to become an OFFICIAL THREAD NOW PRETTY PLEASE??? 

Now.... I'm on my way to BACK READ...... THANK YOU GIRLS SO MUCH!!!! KEEP THE POSTS COMING, UNI IS ALMOST DONE AND SO IS DOTS, SO THIS THREAD HAS TO KEEP MOVING :blush:

@angieknows_11 and @Thao Le, haha, that's the first thing all shippers automatically noticed first, her hand on his back.  They just look so darn natural and comfortable together :P

@joongkyo, thanks again for your awesome translations!

@lovely_skham_stv, love your long, but always wonderful posts.  Thanks :)

I just want to mention a few things regarding the pic that @stargazer187posted.  The guy in the pic with SJK is Wang Ke.  He is the vice president of Mango Entertainment which is part of Hunan Broadcasting (Hunan is the broadcasting channel for Happy Camp, a popular Chinese variety show).  There were rumors of SJK guesting on Happy Camp since a few weeks ago, but the rumors are becoming more and more likely after seeing this pic.  One of the heads of Hunan has also stated that they have been in contact with Blossom to work out the schedule.  If all these rumors are true, SJK will be coming to Changsha, China on May 11 to record for Happy Camp :)  I guess it makes sense since his Beijing fan meeting is on May 14.  He could just stay in China for that week.

638eee85jw1f2ud30z8gdj20ku0rsdiu.jpg

As much as I would love to see SJK on Happy Camp, what makes me even happier if this news is indeed true is the fact that this news has been posted by a weibo user 3 weeks ago.  She also posted 2 other very interesting comments about SJK and SHK on her weibo (the posts have been deleted and she changed her username). We'll see if the May 11 Happy Camp rumor is true or not first :)

Here is the pic of the post that this weibo user uploaded on March 23 saying SJK will be guesting on Happy Camp.  She said she wants to return to her country to see it (this user is a Chinese working and living in Korea.  She listed Naver as her company).

26127449500_f3a2543c95_b.jpg

Why quoting picture is not allowed ? (I will explain like everyone is noob here – including)

1.      Every time when we open up the page, pictures will start to appear on our screen. This photos will ‘eat’ your bandwidth. The bigger the size of the photo the bigger they will ‘eat’ your bandwidth. For those that sign up for an unlimited package – this will not be a problem but  if the internet connection is not optimum you will find that your phone/laptop/desktop may take longer time (than usual) to upload the page. For those with CAP  bandwidth package (limited package) will have a problem.

2.      For those that don’t have fiber optic connection it will take much longer time to upload the page.

3.      Even if we quote pic and put under spoiler tag, some phone application will not hide the photos and it will still ‘eat’ your bandwidth (I clarify with one Mod before).

4.      Picture is not hosted by soompi site – so I believe there’s no issue on soompi side but the effect is more to user browsing the thread .. so don’t blame soompi .. they are just protecting us and making our time here ‘effective’ & ‘optimized’ :D ..

These rules are made for the convenient of all that browse the thread :D .. and we can be considerate by not quoting image …. Personally I don’t mind looking at same photo over and over again :wub: but some people may have issue with bandwidth … we have to consider others too ..

I DON’T WANT THIS THREAD TO BE CLOSED – don’t underestimate the MOD they can close any thread that keep on going overboard. I’ve seen a lot of thread closed down (suspended) …

We don’t want that do we?

Anyway I understand some realllllllllly don’t know how to delete pic some may be due to device issue (I used tab before and OMGGG .. it is difficult to edit anything in soompi) ..

So the best way is to tag the person and just explain by words which photo you are referring to (I love the feature soompi had before - we can just delete the tag so that the photo will appear as just link – and we can view the quoted photo by choice … (ie click on the link)

I hope I didn’t offend anyone .. and I am still a noob also .. so my explanation may not be 100% accurate .. I hope you all get the gist …

Oh will be so nice if we all get the wedding invitations for both of them. God this forum moving so fast. I love this forum so much. All of you in here so amazing with all analysis and fact. Lets go we pray hope this couple already announced the wedding soon.

I love you all my forum friend. All of you is great and talented also awesome being Sherlock. Hahhahaaha how can I express my felling right know.  I'm happy really happy 

The most influential stars ranked by Korea Brand Reputation Analysis

The current hottest stars were given honors on the monthly ranking by Korea Brand Reputation Analysis. The most influential and powerful star brand endorsers are listed below.

According to the results, Song Joong Ki takes first place while his co-star Song Hye Kyo from 'Descendants of the Sun' follows in second. 

source akp

Writer of 'Descendants of the Sun' talks about the upcoming ending   

The final episode of 'Descendants of the Sun' is approaching, and many viewers are dying for the ending. On KBS1 radio 'Hello, This is Hong Ji Myung', Kim Eun Sook, who is the writer of the trending drama, talked about this topi

Many netizens worry that Kim Eun Sook's drama might end with a bizarre twist like it did on 'Lovers in Paris'. Kim Eun Sook commented, "I've heard that people think that the whole story is Yoo Si Jin's dream in the end. If that is the case then I might really need to immigrate to another country, because I would not be able to live in Korea."

She continued, "Viewers gave me trouble for my endings in the past. I don't think I want to make the same mistake again. I want to tell viewers to not to worry and watch the final episodes."

LOL...KES, wants to surely stay on in Korea....time to party for all SongSong shippers.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, convalescent said:
This thread is very positive, with major contributions from the sunbaes, the very keen detectives, the very imaginative observers, and very humorous pics and gif makers. Plenty of thanks to all of you friends. just wanna share my opinion (since we need more fuel to keep our ship steady and sali smoothly, hehe) : 

In my theory, it is highly likely that SJK was the first to initiate the rapport between them. Based on SHK's Elle interview, she first (officially) met SJK during the filming of TWTB early in 2013 (Feb-March?) when he visited the set thanks to JIS connection. He was said to greet her as his sunbae, and he left good impression on SHK. She said that she had previously noticed SJK's good acting quality as well as good looks during the NG with MCW (her reason to watch the drama at first was MCW). After that, she mentioned that they sort of bump into each other several times when they hang out with their respective friends, probably in cafe or the like. 

? Maybe SJK "innocently" tried to be at the same place with her? As she is quite reserved person who unlikely hang out at different places from time to time. I think her choice would be pretty much the same. Ones like studio concrete or the likes? And if they did met before TWTB, I think she'd mentioned it first. But to her the first meeting was in TWTB set, and only after that they 'coincidentally' met and greeted each other at cafes. Maybe, just maybe, the first meeting also left a deep impact to SJK? Why was it only after the TWTB meeting that they met several times, mind you, not just once, but several times, although from Kyo's perspective, it was coincidental? 

Sorry to cut your post.

I totally agree with you. Everything you said was so true! Funny to think how SJK at first had a crush on his "hoobae" and his feelings got clearer over time to the point that he started to chase after SHK. Mr.SJK could've spent a lot of energy, time and his heart to follow this Beauty :D

Archived