Sung Yuri in Talks as Leading Lady for Monster, Setting Up Reunion with Kang Ji Hwan

Posted on February 3, 2016 by ockoala

dsndsh.jpg

The drama gods are so good to me this year I need to pinch myself and throw some salt over my shoulder in case it’s all a trick. Upcoming MBC drama Monster (Tyrant) is shaping up to be a monster of a must watch drama thanks to the casting. Headlining Kang Ji Hwan, the drama is now courting Sung Yuri for his leading lady, this dialing back the clock 8 years and making every Hong Gil Dong shipper (memememe) turn into mush at the mere thought of their reunion. If accepted, it would be Sung Yuri’s first drama in three years since Birth of a Secret in 2013. She’s not a strong actress but over the years she’s grown so much in her skills and possesses that innate watchability factor, making her potential casting here an unequivocal winning choice on the part of the production. Also winning is nabbing Park Ki Woong, who is finishing military service this month in February, for the second male lead role. It’s like someone is awake and in the driver’s seat in the casting department.

holay2.jpg

dsajds

yefsa.jpg

Aside from Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, and Park Ki Woong, Monster is also going to star – Lee Ki Kwang, Jo Boa, Park Young Kyu, Lee Deok Hwa, Jung Woong In, Lee Yeol Eum, and Jung Bo Seok. So much Booyah I can’t even. The drama is going to follow Glamorous Temptation on Mon-Tues starting in late April.

Credit : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/03/sung-yuri-in-talks-as-leading-lady-for-monster-setting-up-reunion-with-kang-ji-hwan/

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin confirmed for MBC TV drama ‘Monster’

Feb 4, 2016

73532-393107-514x800.jpg

Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin has been confirmed for upcoming MBC TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Monster’ which will premiere sometime in April.

Chen Bolin had signed with BM+ Entertainment last year to further his Korean activities. He recently partnered with actress Song Ji Hyo to film Chinese variety program ‘We Are In Love,’ and he will now take on his first Korean drama through ‘Monster’ for MBC TV.

A MBC TV official said on February 4th, “Chen Bolin will make a special appearance with a pivotal role in ‘Monster.'” Chen Bolin will play a Chinese businessman who is fluent in Mandarin, English, and Korean, and is pivotal in advancing the story of ‘Monster.’

Meanwhile, Chen Bolin’s film ‘Bad Guys Always Die’ will open officially in Korea on February 4th. The Korean-Chinese film was produced by famous Chinese producer Feng Xiaogang and Korean producer Kang Je Gyu, and directed by Sun Hao. The film stars Son Ye Jinm Chen Bolin, Qiao Zhenyu, Shin Hyun Joon, and others, with CNBLUE performing the theme song ‘Cinderella.’ Much is expected on how well it does at the Korean box office.

Credit : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/04/taiwanese-actor-chen-bolin-confirmed-for-mbc-tv-drama-monster/

Hello @pechumori ...thanks for still remember me (hehehe...) yup.... it's been a long time n I even didn't know he went to Bali to shoot a movie. hehe..Thanks for the info.

Coz now I don't have anything to watch (coz my other BIAS is on Military Service now, hahaha ) so I'm sure I can endure it. :D

When I watched Be Strong Geum Soon, the thing that I really waiting for was WHEN he finally appear, hahaha...

Hope on this drama,  I can see him at the ending of Eps. 6 or beginning of eps. 7 or maybe 1st ep then flashback.

ahhh...so finally we get Yu Ri.. Yeahhhh....:wub:

3rd time ...that's cool. I hope we won't get another "Tragic" ending like on HGD.

5 hours ago, roweina78 said:

Hello @pechumori ...thanks for still remember me (hehehe...) yup.... it's been a long time n I even didn't know he went to Bali to shoot a movie. hehe..Thanks for the info.

Coz now I don't have anything to watch (coz my other BIAS is on Military Service now, hahaha ) so I'm sure I can endure it. :D

When I watched Be Strong Geum Soon, the thing that I really waiting for was WHEN he finally appear, hahaha...

Hope on this drama,  I can see him at the ending of Eps. 6 or beginning of eps. 7 or maybe 1st ep then flashback.

ahhh...so finally we get Yu Ri.. Yeahhhh....:wub:

3rd time ...that's cool. I hope we won't get another "Tragic" ending like on HGD.

of course i still remember you @roweina78! :blush:

Yeah, I also hope that we get a happier ending this time.

9 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin confirmed for MBC TV drama ‘Monster’

Thank you for posting this @badsmuler. I like Chen Bolin. I first saw him in the 2011 movie "Lovesick". He's getting a lot of projects in Korea lately.

Seong Yoo-ri confirmed to join Kang Ji-hwan again for new drama, 'Monster - 2016'
2016/02/03

photo682250.jpg

MBC has announced on February 3rd that Seong Yoo-ri has been confirmed for the female lead of their new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Monster - 2016", while Kang Ji-hwan was already confirmed for the male lead.

Kang Ji-hwan and Seong Yoo-ri showed off their perfect chemistry while leading "Hong Gil Dong", 2008. This is their second time to pair up in a drama.

Kang Ji-hwan and Seong Yoo-ri's childhood roles will be played by Gi-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum respectively. Park Ki-woong is expected to play a counterpart role to Kang Ki-tan played by Kang Ji-hwan.

It has been known that many powerful experienced veteran actors including Park Yeong-gyoo, Lee Deok-hwa, Jeong Bo-seok, Kim Bo-yeon, Jeong Woong-in, and Kim Hye-eun as well as young actors including Jo Bo-ah, Lee El, Jin Tae-hyeon, Go Yoon and more will appear in this highly anticipated drama.

"Monster - 2016" is a romance drama depicting beautiful love that blossoms in the midst of the murky circumstances surrounded by disgusting bare faces of the privileged class and a revenge by man, who was forced to lose his family and future. The new drama is slated to begin in the end of March after "Glamorous Temptation" has finished.

Sung Yu-Ri cast in MBC drama series “Monster”
2/3/16

Monster-KD-tp002

Actress Sung Yu-Ri is cast in upcoming MBC drama series “Monster” which has already cast Kang Ji-Hwan and Park Ki-Woong. In drama series “Monster,” Sung Yu-Ri will play lead female character Cha Soo-Yeon.  After her father’s death, she takes care of her younger brother who has autism. She tries to disclose the truth behind her father’s death with Kang Ki-Tan (Kang Ji-Hwan).

“Monster” first airs April 4, 2016 (takes over MBC’s Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Glamorous Temptation“).

credit: http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/sung-yu-ri-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-monster

Jo Boa Up for MBC Drama Monster and Goes Sleek and Edgy for Elle Korea

Posted on February 1, 2016 by ockoala

joel1.jpg

I quite like that K-actress Jo Boa isn’t all that popular yet, I feel like some IT things peak too early or for the wrong reasons. Jo Boa has been on the radar since Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, and was one of the best things about the silly Surplus Princess. She went dark for Missing Noir M and is now one of the cast members in the popular weekend drama All About My Mom. It’s a solid if unbuzzy career, and one waiting for the right role to launch her to the next stage, a move I totally expect for her because she’s a fantastic actress that is never self-aware and always willing to push herself.

That she’s so easy on the eyes doesn’t hurt, those huge wide bambi peepers are drool worthy to any woman, and she usually frames with luscious long locks. Her recent Elle Korea pictorial is the first time I’ve seen Jo Boa visually shake things up and I super love it! She’s channeling Bae Doo Na, with a bit of Go Joon Hee thrown in. With AAMM wrapping up it’s long run this February, reportedly Jo Boa is in talks to join Monster (Tyrant), even if it’s likely not the female lead but her presence adds more reason to check out that drama which will headline Kang Ji Hwan.

credit: http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/01/jo-boa-considers-mbc-drama-monster-and-goes-sleek-and-edgy-for-elle-korea/

Bolin Chen to Guest Star in K-drama Monster with Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri

Posted on February 4, 2016 by ockoala

elol.jpg

The entree into K-ent looks to be complete for TW-actor Bolin Chen as he inks the final missing piece in his resume. Bolin will have a guest starring turn in upcoming MBC drama Monster (Tyrant), starring Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong, and Jo Boa. Can I have a hell yeah! This means in the last year alone, Bolin has done two K-movies, Risking Life for Love with Ha Ji Won and Bad Guys Must Die opposite Son Ye Jin, guest starred on Infinity Challenge and is also is filming the Chinese version of We Got Married with cross-border fake wife Song Ji Hyo.

This boy does not do anything halfway, and for that consider me impressed with his planning and commitment. He’s such an actor’s actor that whatever he’s asked to play from douchey playboy to sweet boy next door, he sells it organically and effortlessly. I have no worries that he’ll fit right into K-drama land, and for his role in Monster it will be as an enigmatic Chinese man who speaks multiple languages and plays a pivotal role in the narrative. Sounds good to me, if Daniel Henney can eke out a K-drama career there is no reason Bolin can’t woo viewers with his soulful eyes alone.

elol2.jpg

elol1.jpg

Credit : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/04/bolin-chen-to-guest-star-in-k-drama-monster-with-kang-ji-hwan-and-sung-yuri/#comments

Chen Bolin to star in "Monster - 2016" with important role

2016/02/04

photo683023.jpg

Chinese star Chen Bolin is making an appearance in the new MBC drama "Monster - 2016".

He plays a key character named Michael Chang who speaks Chinese, English and Korean.

"Monster - 2016" at the end of March is a revenge story about a man who loses everything he has including his family due to a huge scandal starring Kang Ji-hwan and Seong Yoo-ri.

Chen Bolin is active in Korea after signing a contract with BM+ Entertainment last year.

From "괴물" to "몬스터" (Monster to Monster), Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yu-ri, the title changes and cast line-up have been finalized.
translated by Pechumori
2/5/16 (excerpt)

article.jpg

"Monster", the title change and main cast have been completed and is set to go into full-scale production.

From the hangul title 몬스터, (which is like the English word monster spelled in hangul), they went to the hangul word for monster which is 괴물 and now they are going back to using 몬스터 because the content of the work and the atmosphere are best expressed by 몬스터. An official from the drama side said that the final title of "Monster" 몬스터 has been determined.

Kang Ji Hwan will act again with Sung Yu-ri and will work with Park Ki Woong, fresh from his military discharge, who will play the role of a charismatic villain.

credit: http://news1.kr/articles/?2567738

Aigoo...they are driving me crazy! I just changed the title of the thread and the Facebook page last night. :confounded:

7 hours ago, pechumori said:

From "괴물" to "몬스터" (Monster to Monster), Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yu-ri, the title changes and cast line-up have been finalized.

Aigoo...they are driving me crazy! I just changed the title of the thread and the Facebook page last night. :confounded:

Awww... :)

I know, right?  I was looking at those articles last night, and it was like alternating...one with 괴물, the next using 몬스터 and back again.  Articles released within hours of each other.  They do seem to have settled on a title now, though.  Hopefully.

4 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Awww... :)

I know, right?  I was looking at those articles last night, and it was like alternating...one with 괴물, the next using 몬스터 and back again.  Articles released within hours of each other.  They do seem to have settled on a title now, though.  Hopefully.

Exactly, @ecs707a ! Actually, there's no problem with the thread. I just have to edit the first post. But with FB, you can only change titles before the page reaches 200 likes and you can't keep on changing it. To be honest, not for anything else, the main reason why i opened the page was to upload pictures about the drama which i can find from sites like baidu or naver which don't allow hotlinking. i tried it last time at the OMV thread. I copy and pasted images and they did not appear. i ended up posting the links on the thread which sort of ruined the "momentum" of the post.  :(

here's the link to the FB page...with the now "wrong" title Monster 괴물 Korean Drama  :P  

i'm going to change the cover photo to include Sung Yu-ri, Park Ki Woong and Jo Boa

Edit: I requested a change of title and FB allowed it. Monster 몬스터 Korean Drama http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/penguin.gif

Chen Bolin in Talks to Make a Special Appearance on “Monster”

chen-bolin.png

Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin has received an offer to appear on MBC‘s upcoming drama “Monster” starring Sung Yuri and Kang Ji Hwan.

The star has yet to make his final decision regarding the role, according to latest reports. Despite MBC announcing on February 4 that Chen Bolin will make a special appearance in the drama, his representative has now clarified that nothing has been set to stone.

In an interview with Chinese media, Chen Bolin’s manager explained, “We are still negotiating. Chen Bolin’s grandfather recently passed away, and because of that, Chen Bolin and his family are currently busy with funeral planning.”

“If time permits, he might appear on the drama. Right now, his only confirmed appearance is a promotional event for his and Ha Ji Won’s movie ‘Risking Life for Love.’ We’ll probably make the final decision regarding his drama appearance after the Lunar New Year holiday.”

“Monster” is expected start airing in late March.

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/05/chen-bolin-in-talks-to-make-a-special-appearance-on-monster/

Park Ki Woong will be discharged from police duty today, Feb. 7, and will be joining "Monster" soon
translated by Pechumori
2/6/16 (excerpt)

76347564.2.jpg

Actor Park Ki Woong will be coming back.

According to his agency,  Haewadal Entertainment,  Park Ki Woong will be discharged from his police duty on Feb. 7 and will return right after the Lunar New Year holidays.

The agency said "Shortly after celebrating the Lunar New Year with his family, he will soon join the new MBC drama 'Monster'"

The crew has finalized the cast and will go into full-scale production. The schedule of broadcast will be around late March.

credit: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160206/76347567/2

Welcome back! :blush:

1 hour ago, pechumori said:

Park Ki Woong will be discharged from police duty today, Feb. 7, and will be joining "Monster" soon
translated by Pechumori
2/6/16 (excerpt)

Actor Park Ki Woong will be coming back.

According to his agency,  Haewadal Entertainment,  Park Ki Woong will be discharged from his police duty on Feb. 7 and will return right after the Lunar New Year holidays.

The agency said "Shortly after celebrating the Lunar New Year with his family, he will soon join the new MBC drama 'Monster'"

The crew has finalized the cast and will go into full-scale production. The schedule of broadcast will be around late March.

credit: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160206/76347567/2

Welcome back! :blush:

Here he is!

G8axfFg.jpg
0g7MVDc.jpg

I'll save the wall of photos for his thread, but a couple can't hurt, right? :D

Of course @ecs707a his release is very important for this drama, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to join in.  :D

Actor Park Ki Woong set to be released from the military on the 7th

2/6/16

Image: TV Report

Actor Park Ki Woong will return to the civilian world soon as he is set to be released from the military today after 21 months of service.

On February 7th, the actor will be released from a military base in Ui-dong, Gangbuk-gu, Seoul.

According to officials from his agency Haewadal Entertainment, Park Ki Woong will hold a brief Q&A session with the reporters and meet his fans awaiting him. Afterwards, he will be returning home to his family where he will spend time with them over the Lunar Year holidays before returning to work.

Even prior to his release, Park Ki Woong’s first drama comeback project has been confirmed for MBC‘s upcoming Monster series in March.

Park Ki Woong enlisted on May 8, 2014. Monster will be his first drama appearance since 2013 with MBC’s Drama Festival – Swine Escape, two years and six months ago.

Source: Star News

credit: http://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-park-ki-woong-set-to-be-released-from-the-military-on-the-7th/

Man, I keep thinking about his hair!  Those enlistment photos reminded me, haha.  Out of control chaebols don't usually have such strait-laced hair.

Maybe his character will be fresh out of the army too.  Short hair doesn't give them a lot of styling choices, but it'll grow fast, and there are lots of episodes. :)

2 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Man, I keep thinking about his hair!  Those enlistment photos reminded me, haha.  Out of control chaebols don't usually have such strait-laced hair.

Maybe his character will be fresh out of the army too.  Short hair doesn't give them a lot of styling choices, but it'll grow fast, and there are lots of episodes. :)

@ecs707a, i kept thinking about that too when i saw his photos today. how will they fix his hair? maybe put some gel on it, make it stand up? his character will be coming from the States. would they dye his hair (like they did in secretly greatly)? i'm really curious about his look. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xzLg4izbfwc/UzRKSOWATcI/AAAAAAABlNg/-rrOVPENZ_w/s1600/Emoticons+Animados+7.gif

Park Ki Woong Discharged From Military Today

Park Ki Woong Discharged From Military Today

Actor Park Ki Woong is finally back, after wrapping up 21 months of military service.

His discharge ceremony was held on the morning of February 7. According to Park Ki Woong’s agency Haewadal Entertainment, the actor made a statement and held a brief question and answer session for fans and press before he returned to his family.

Following a short reprieve with his family over the Lunar New Year holiday, Park Ki Woong will be returning to work right away with the upcoming MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Monster,” which will be his first drama in two years and six months.

A source stated, “Park Ki Woong’s passion for his work is really something. He wasted no time in getting to know the new character he is to play for his next drama. He’s really working to show more maturity with his new comeback.”

Meanwhile, “Monster” is a drama about a man’s revenge against a powerful organization who stole his life and family. Actors confirmed for the drama include Kang Ji HwanSung Yuri, BEAST‘s Lee Ki Kwang, and more.

Source (1)

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/06/park-ki-woong-discharged-from-military-today/

Archived