[Daily Drama 2016] Heaven's Promise/천상의 약속 KBS2 Mon-Fri 19:50 KST

debbiek153

24 minutes ago, my2centsworth said:

I think you may be right about DH finding NY first. But will they meet first or will DH publish a story about her with a hidden child of the man marrying into Beakdo Company before DH finds out that NY and her are twins?

Just watched esp 20 without subs, so hard to comment on what happened. But KW has pics of NY and SB. Then he and TJ meet at the bar in the private room? Wonder what way said? Did he tell TJ he knows about SB?  He was very angry at TJ. We know that one twin dies and it looks as if it will be DH. So if DH dies  ( just supposing here ) and she is with NY and SB at the time of her death. SB dies along with DH.....NY takes over DH's life and the revenge starts. But how do they die if that is how it plays out? I think they die at someone's hands......TJ?......KW?.......SJ?.......or YK?  I hate to think about SB dying....but the subject came up before and after giving it some thought it would make NY revenge even more powerful.  Besides, knowing the type of person NY is, it would be vary hard on her to leave SB to get revenge. She loves that little girl a lot, but if SB is killed too  then we could see NY becoming more like DH and then she would fit in more to her personality. JUST A THOUGHT.......Please don't read this and misunderstand and think that ir what is going to happen.....it's just speculation on my part.

As for TJ and KW.....birds of a feather flock together....lol  Two slime bags.

I doubt DH would publish a story about the other woman TJ left for SJ without having a picture of her. I think she does a lot of research so she would probably look into the said woman (NY) background and day to day to write a good story, and like she told EB she's not out to hurt anyone and if there is someone out there who feels what she wrote were lies or unjust speculation they could seek her out.

Yes KW knows about SB and TJ admitted that SB was his daughter.

The synopsis on who dies of this drama is so off because when we look at the story 20 episodes in, we know that according to HW's dad he has to marry someone with connection and social likeness in order for him to keep BD company safe. So why would DH take over NY's identity after she passes away? that would ensure she doesn't marry HW. Thats why I say it's most likely that DH dies and NY has to take over her identity, and she has to learn all the things DH was good at and change her doormat attitude to carefree fierce one. This also makes things interesting with HW as he would ultimately be married to someone he actually cared for along time ago. Its just a plain waste of story and time to kill off the twin with the most knowledge and gain out of the revenge. 

And my biggest reason for wanting NY to live is her character needs redemption. From the way SJ/YK/TJ treated her as a child, from knowing that YK might have had something to do with her mothers death. She needs to make TJ pay for abandoning her after all she has sacrificed and done for him in the name of "love". And for possibly and most importantly if anything were to happen to her child. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

I forgot to mention seems like Mr. Baek (DH's dad) and Yeong Sook (HK's mom) have some kind of history or a possible relationship from the past. hmmmm

2 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

I think you may be right about DH finding NY first. But will they meet first or will DH publish a story about her with a hidden child of the man marrying into Beakdo Company before DH finds out that NY and her are twins?

Just watched esp 20 without subs, so hard to comment on what happened. But KW has pics of NY and SB. Then he and TJ meet at the bar in the private room? Wonder what way said? Did he tell TJ he knows about SB?  He was very angry at TJ. We know that one twin dies and it looks as if it will be DH. So if DH dies  ( just supposing here ) and she is with NY and SB at the time of her death. SB dies along with DH.....NY takes over DH's life and the revenge starts. But how do they die if that is how it plays out? I think they die at someone's hands......TJ?......KW?.......SJ?.......or YK?  I hate to think about SB dying....but the subject came up before and after giving it some thought it would make NY revenge even more powerful.  Besides, knowing the type of person NY is, it would be vary hard on her to leave SB to get revenge. She loves that little girl a lot, but if SB is killed too  then we could see NY becoming more like DH and then she would fit in more to her personality. JUST A THOUGHT.......Please don't read this and misunderstand and think that ir what is going to happen.....it's just speculation on my part.

As for TJ and KW.....birds of a feather flock together....lol  Two slime bags.

Yes Mr. Baek (DH's dad) and Yeong Sook (HK's mom) had a relationship (like a first lover) which Big Park and Yu Gyeong knows  as they (Lee Yun Ae(NY’s mom)/Yeong Sook/ Yu Gyeong) were friends before.  That was why YG teased YS about Big Park’s offering of marriage between Do Hui and Hwi Gyeong.  Yu Gyeong thought her father was jealous, so, when he died, he didn’t have to worry about his wife, YS as they would become in-lows.

About GW/KW, when TJ confessed to him, he told TJ that he would be a devil and TJ should act as a bystander who didn’t know anything (I assume, for his daughter SJ. We have to remember GW/KW would do anything for SJ.)     GW/KW found about NY and Sae Byeol but he waited until TJ confessed first in order to see how honest TJ would be with him.   GW/KW picked up TJ to go with SJ  abroad after SJ confessed to him that she didn’t have the ability to run the company even though she really wanted to do it and she worried deeply.   At the time TJ told GW/KW that he had a girlfriend whom he was going to marry.   But TJ didn’t say NY was the fiancé because they weren’t engaged officially.  I assumed GW/KW didn’t worry about  such a relationship.  The relationship breaks off for many reasons.  A married couple with children gets divorced.   But now there is a kid involved.  So I don’t know how GW/KW will handle it. Maybe he tries to pay off with money or something like that??

Well  It makes me cringe  thinking about a kid die. Hopefully it’s just a real serious threat for Sae Byeol’s life which will give enough a reason for NY to try revenge right??  and possibly NY makes some kind of connection between Yu Gyeong’s earring and her mom’s death??   

PS In the preview DH talks jokingly to the driver whether she is a twin who has a secret birth. She doesn’t seem drunk. So possibly she saw NY or she remembers Hwi Gyeong’s comment about seeing her some place? 

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

I doubt DH would publish a story about the other woman TJ left for SJ without having a picture of her. I think she does a lot of research so she would probably look into the said woman (NY) background and day to day to write a good story, and like she told EB she's not out to hurt anyone and if there is someone out there who feels what she wrote were lies or unjust speculation they could seek her out.

Yes KW knows about SB and TJ admitted that SB was his daughter.

The synopsis on who dies of this drama is so off because when we look at the story 20 episodes in, we know that according to HW's dad he has to marry someone with connection and social likeness in order for him to keep BD company safe. So why would DH take over NY's identity after she passes away? that would ensure she doesn't marry HW. Thats why I say it's most likely that DH dies and NY has to take over her identity, and she has to learn all the things DH was good at and change her doormat attitude to carefree fierce one. This also makes things interesting with HW as he would ultimately be married to someone he actually cared for along time ago. Its just a plain waste of story and time to kill off the twin with the most knowledge and gain out of the revenge. 

And my biggest reason for wanting NY to live is her character needs redemption. From the way SJ/YK/TJ treated her as a child, from knowing that YK might have had something to do with her mothers death. She needs to make TJ pay for abandoning her after all she has sacrificed and done for him in the name of "love". And for possibly and most importantly if anything were to happen to her child. 

You are probably right about DH needing a pic of NY before she publishes that story......then.....BINGO! ! !  She will be even more curious when she realizes that NY looks just like her. Just don't let Mommy see NY's pic.

I had a feeling that TJ confessed about being SB's father. So what next for TJ. And at the beginning of esp 10 when TJ's mom invited NY over. Wondering what she said to NY. NY looked upset. Either that old woman does something to SB so TJ can marry SJ or one of thee 5 kill NY and SB, but actually kills DH. And the nominees are........TJ, SJ, TJ's mom, SJ's mom or SJ's dad.

The only way I think that would help NY fit better into DH's life, is when the real DH dies, NY is with her and suffers some type of head injury. Then when NY does something out of DH's personality that can blame it on that.

I really am beginning to enjoy this drama. One other one I was watching got really stupid and I stopped watching. Then another one ends this weekend.  Not quite a fourth of the way thru this one and already loving it. Just hope it stays that way.

@my2centsworth From what i understood TJ's mother asked NY to let TJ go. Basically forget about him and move on, and don't pressure him to be a father to SB. Something like she would pay her back for everything she did for TJ (like what a flippin' joke). This is TJ's mom's way of fixing things, because she is also willing to be the devil for TJ,

@my2centsworth@my2centsworth Agree with your post page 24 --projecting about NY DH being together when DH dies
Would add the following guesses

Both  injured and perhaps unconscious,  then in hospital when DH dies, but NY lives -- NY somehow has time to think and plan to make the move to portray DH -- could be in a coma where she can hear people, think, but still not able to open eyes/speak --she of course knows what happened she was there, but hears that A look alike/twin and SB died.  No one yet knows for sure who is who, pocket books, ID etc lost or not some how linked to each patient.
IF not something like these - look forward to how writer pulls it off"

Also, think you are talking about IHAL ending this weekend- 
I am liking HP --good interesting episodes -- hard to post anything --since I am always behind waiting for subs -- but do like the way it is moving forward.

Guest my2centsworth
49 minutes ago, booha said:

Yes Mr. Baek (DH's dad) and Yeong Sook (HK's mom) had a relationship (like a first lover) which Big Park and Yu Gyeong knows  as they (Lee Yun Ae(NY’s mom)/Yeong Sook/ Yu Gyeong) were friends before.  That was why YG teased YS about Big Park’s offering of marriage between Do Hui and Hwi Gyeong.  Yu Gyeong thought her father was jealous, so, when he died, he didn’t have to worry about his wife, YS as they would become in-lows.

About GW/KW, when TJ confessed to him, he told TJ that he would be a devil and TJ should act as a bystander who didn’t know anything (I assume, for his daughter SJ. We have to remember GW/KW would do anything for SJ.)     GW/KW found about NY and Sae Byeol but he waited until TJ confessed first in order to see how honest TJ would be with him.   GW/KW picked up TJ to go with SJ  abroad after SJ confessed to him that she didn’t have the ability to run the company even though she really wanted to do it and she worried deeply.   At the time TJ told GW/KW that he had a girlfriend whom he was going to marry.   But TJ didn’t say NY was the fiancé because they weren’t engaged officially.  I assumed GW/KW didn’t worry about  such a relationship.  The relationship breaks off for many reasons.  A married couple with children gets divorced.   But now there is a kid involved.  So I don’t know how GW/KW will handle it. Maybe he tries to pay off with money or something like that??

Well  It makes me cringe  thinking about a kid die. Hopefully it’s just a real serious threat for Sae Byeol’s life which will give enough a reason for NY to try revenge right??  and possibly NY makes some kind of connection between Yu Gyeong’s earring and her mom’s death??   

PS In the preview DH talks jokingly to the driver whether she is a twin who has a secret birth. She doesn’t seem drunk. So possibly she saw NY or she remembers Hwi Gyeong’s comment about seeing her some place? 

Thank you very much for all the info. It seemed that BDJ and YYS knew each other and was somewhat uncomfortable together. Her more than him. He seems glad to see her again..

With the situation with TJ, NY and SB.....now that JKW knows, but I don't think he is aware that it's YN. Anyway......he can't tell his wife. She already doesn't like TJ even if her husband told her that TJ marry SJ made is a "shoe in" that she and him would inherit Baekdo. Now, what next? Because so amount of money is going to get NY to leave. She is determined that if she can't get TJ back he will at least be a part of SB's life. There lies the problem. How to they get YN to take SB and leave so SJ will never find out. That is why I think SB will die. I didn't want to think that way but another forum member thought of it first and as much as I didn't want to believe it, it seems like that may be the only way. I find it hard to think that YN takes over DH's life and leaves SB. She loves that child so much. And with SB dead it would let YN take her revenge and make it much stronger.

The earring........if you remember back when NY was living in the Jang house. SJ's mom took YN's pictures of her mother. Then YN was cleaning the bathroom and found a torn picture of her mother on the floor. That is when NY started to look for the rest of her pictures when she saw the matching earring that was in the hand of her dead mother.  She knows there is some type of connection, but doesn't know what it is yet.   I thinks it  was esp 19 after YN did the catering job at the Jang house that she went home and  pulled out her secret box where her earring was. She unwrapped it and remember finding the matching one and how SJ and SJ's mom treated her.

4 minutes ago, my2centsworth said:

Thank you very much for all the info. It seemed that BDJ and YYS knew each other and was somewhat uncomfortable together. Her more than him. He seems glad to see her again..

With the situation with TJ, NY and SB.....now that JKW knows, but I don't think he is aware that it's YN. Anyway......he can't tell his wife. She already doesn't like TJ even if her husband told her that TJ marry SJ made is a "shoe in" that she and him would inherit Baekdo. Now, what next? Because so amount of money is going to get NY to leave. She is determined that if she can't get TJ back he will at least be a part of SB's life. There lies the problem. How to they get YN to take SB and leave so SJ will never find out. That is why I think SB will die. I didn't want to think that way but another forum member thought of it first and as much as I didn't want to believe it, it seems like that may be the only way. I find it hard to think that YN takes over DH's life and leaves SB. She loves that child so much. And with SB dead it would let YN take her revenge and make it much stronger.

The earring........if you remember back when NY was living in the Jang house. SJ's mom took YN's pictures of her mother. Then YN was cleaning the bathroom and found a torn picture of her mother on the floor. That is when NY started to look for the rest of her pictures when she saw the matching earring that was in the hand of her dead mother.  She knows there is some type of connection, but doesn't know what it is yet.   I thinks it  was esp 19 after YN did the catering job at the Jang house that she went home and  pulled out her secret box where her earring was. She unwrapped it and remember finding the matching one and how SJ and SJ's mom treated her.

Exactly @my2centsworth there are so many people who will want SB to disappear that I think we might actually get a murder mystery where even the audience doesn't know who done it. Better yet what if SB disappears and is assumed dead but we find out later on maybe TJ's mother hid her somewhere and she later tells TJ about this fact and when the revenge is getting too heated for him he decides to bribe NY to back off with the information about SB. Thats the only thing that would ever stop NY because her child is everything to her.

NY asked YK how and why she had the other earring because it was even missing from her mother at the hospital so she must've seen her mother before she died or after and if so why did she have her earring?. And thats when YK started getting all accusatory and going crazy about NY stealing from her. So there is no doubt for NY that YK had something to do with her mothers accident or knew more then she lead on. Thats why when she went to cook for her YK was so nervous and NY sensed it a bit, answering her questions very vaguely. I also liked how NY played it off mentioning her mom (adopted but YK doesn't know) made the kimchi, and her sisters. That made YK think that the name NY was rather common and it couldn't possibly be her. Again NY might be a doormat/pushover/naive but she really held her own in the Jang house, thats why I can see NY role playing as DH as well. She will study and do what she needs to get the revenge she wants/needs.

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, Kfan7172 said:

@my2centsworth@my2centsworth Agree with your post page 24 --projecting about NY DH being together when DH dies
Would add the following guesses

Both  injured and perhaps unconscious,  then in hospital when DH dies, but NY lives -- NY somehow has time to think and plan to make the move to portray DH -- could be in a coma where she can hear people, think, but still not able to open eyes/speak --she of course knows what happened she was there, but hears that A look alike/twin and SB died.  No one yet knows for sure who is who, pocket books, ID etc lost or not some how linked to each patient.
IF not something like these - look forward to how writer pulls it off"

Also, think you are talking about IHAL ending this weekend- 
I am liking HP --good interesting episodes -- hard to post anything --since I am always behind waiting for subs -- but do like the way it is moving forward.

Great idea. Love your way of thinking. What you say plays out so well. Wondering  how many more esps before the actual revenge starts. Really can't wait until TJ and the Jang family get what's coming to them. Especially JKW. Don't know why but I want him to hurt the most. And I think he will......finding out NY and her twin were his daughters......finding out his wife knew that YN was his daughter and played a part in her mother's death.....finding out that SJ is not his daughter. So many great things coming out way.

Yes, I am watching IHAL. Will watch it until the end, but think it should have ended 2 esps back. Got bored with the back and forth. JE acts like someone with Bi-polar. His emotions are like be on a roller coaster....lol

Go to OnDemandKorea... they are up to esp 16 with subs. Also watching my number 1 drama.....Glamorous Temptation. It has about 8 more esps. the writer is great, always keep you wondering what is coming next.

Guest my2centsworth
45 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Exactly @my2centsworth there are so many people who will want SB to disappear that I think we might actually get a murder mystery where even the audience doesn't know who done it. Better yet what if SB disappears and is assumed dead but we find out later on maybe TJ's mother hid her somewhere and she later tells TJ about this fact and when the revenge is getting too heated for him he decides to bribe NY to back off with the information about SB. Thats the only thing that would ever stop NY because her child is everything to her.

NY asked YK how and why she had the other earring because it was even missing from her mother at the hospital so she must've seen her mother before she died or after and if so why did she have her earring?. And thats when YK started getting all accusatory and going crazy about NY stealing from her. So there is no doubt for NY that YK had something to do with her mothers accident or knew more then she lead on. Thats why when she went to cook for her YK was so nervous and NY sensed it a bit, answering her questions very vaguely. I also liked how NY played it off mentioning her mom (adopted but YK doesn't know) made the kimchi, and her sisters. That made YK think that the name NY was rather common and it couldn't possibly be her. Again NY might be a doormat/pushover/naive but she really held her own in the Jang house, thats why I can see NY role playing as DH as well. She will study and do what she needs to get the revenge she wants/needs.

Now you have peak my interest.....I love a good mystery. Great thinking about "the who dunit".  My vote would be SJ's mom. I don't think TJ could because he is the type that the guilt would eat him up. But SJ's mom....look at what she did to YN's mom and she didn't even bat an eyelash. She could over hear SJ or her husband or even TJ talking  about NY and SB and take matters into her own hands.

NY found PYK's earring in her mother's hand. When NY pull back the sheet over her mother's body she found it then. Then when NY lived at the Jand house and was looking for her pictures that PYK took, she saw the matching earring then. Yeah...that is when PYK accused YN of stealing and shortly after that JKW took YN to the orphanage. Glad you told me about the conversation between YN and PYK when YN catered at her house. Didn't know what was said. You're right NY did play it smart.

Feb. 27, 2016 --- 2 AM EST.

I'm enjoying all the speculation about what kind of event will make DH twin die, while NY twin lives. Endless possibilities, for sure! I'm getting "brain pain" trying for my own guesses --- Finally gave up! Except for one requirement --- the twins can not be "rescued" together by the same team of people, unless one of them has a facial injury --- Or it would be obvious they look alike.   BUT if separate teams save them & take them to the same hospital, we can have a series of mix-ups & "close calls".

I am more interested now in an idea from the first pages of this forum --- Nature vs Nurture ---- Genetics vs  Social/Financial Opportunities provided by each person's parents & family situation.

When & how did Na-Yeon become a "Candy"  type woman? As a 12 year old girl, her personality was very much like that of her twin, Do Hee --- self-confident, outspoken, very smart.  And like 12 year old Se-Jin, quite aggressive in going after a guy they like. I wondered how NY's mother raised such a self-assured child.  But maybe it was just NY's personality --- some of Mother's comments make it sound like it's true.

I thought 12 year old Tae-Joon was "odd" from the first  time he appeared, in the church! I think he came for the serenity of the setting and for the soothing affect of the music, more than for the girl playing the piano.  Those times were a respite from the chaos and the violent mistreatment in his homelife.  When NY "forced" her friendship on him, he blossomed in the warmth and positive attention she showered on him.  When he never gave the slightest sign of recognizing her in the Jang house --- It seemed "unnatural" for his age & as a boy, too.  Very calculating for a child of his age, but knowing later about his abusive family explains a lot . 

Se-Jin's father and Tae-Joon seem to be carbon copies of each other. TJ's desire to attain  power at any cost is what motivates everything he does.  While his conscience still gives him fleeting moments of pain, the older KW 's conscience has long ago hardened & died.   Selin and her mother have been raised by overly indulgent parents & are accustomed to having things their own way.  Neither seems to be troubled by pangs of conscience, either.

My favorite character is Hwi Gyeong. Seems like a combination of a sensitive, warm, & thoughtful personality raised in a happy home with parents who loved him and were affectionate & respectful toward each other & to him. Plus, I know the actor, Song Jong Ho, from another drama, "The Suspicious Housekeeper" (2013) --- as a very sexy,handsome & charismatic villain!  (See him near the end of this Review --- http://www.kdramalove.com/suspicioushousekeeper.html ).

PS: --- Never recognized the "housekeeper" as being the same actress   :angry:  I'd despised in the drama, "Temptation" (2014)---Choi Ji Woo!      Loved her after seeing her with Lee Seo Jin & the Senior actors in "Grandpas Over Flowers" reality series. Surprised I was fooled by an actor's performance in a role --- Misjudged her totally!  I'd never seen her in her drama "classics">

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, mdj101 said:

Feb. 27, 2016 --- 2 AM EST.

I'm enjoying all the speculation about what kind of event will make DH twin die, while NY twin lives. Endless possibilities, for sure! I'm getting "brain pain" trying for my own guesses --- Finally gave up! Except for one requirement --- the twins can not be "rescued" together by the same team of people, unless one of them has a facial injury --- Or it would be obvious they look alike.   BUT if separate teams save them & take them to the same hospital, we can have a series of mix-ups & "close calls".

I am more interested now in an idea from the first pages of this forum --- Nature vs Nurture ---- Genetics vs  Social/Financial Opportunities provided by each person's parents & family situation.

When & how did Na-Yeon become a "Candy"  type woman? As a 12 year old girl, her personality was very much like that of her twin, Do Hee --- self-confident, outspoken, very smart.  And like 12 year old Se-Jin, quite aggressive in going after a guy they like. I wondered how NY's mother raised such a self-assured child.  But maybe it was just NY's personality --- some of Mother's comments make it sound like it's true.

I thought 12 year old Tae-Joon was "odd" from the first  time he appeared, in the church! I think he came for the serenity of the setting and for the soothing affect of the music, more than for the girl playing the piano.  Those times were a respite from the chaos and the violent mistreatment in his homelife.  When NY "forced" her friendship on him, he blossomed in the warmth and positive attention she showered on him.  When he never gave the slightest sign of recognizing her in the Jang house --- It seemed "unnatural" for his age & as a boy, too.  Very calculating for a child of his age, but knowing later about his abusive family explains a lot . 

Se-Jin's father and Tae-Joon seem to be carbon copies of each other. TJ's desire to attain  power at any cost is what motivates everything he does.  While his conscience still gives him fleeting moments of pain, the older KW 's conscience has long ago hardened & died.   Selin and her mother have been raised by overly indulgent parents & are accustomed to having things their own way.  Neither seems to be troubled by pangs of conscience, either.

My favorite character is Hwi Gyeong. Seems like a combination of a sensitive, warm, & thoughtful personality raised in a happy home with parents who loved him and were affectionate & respectful toward each other & to him. Plus, I know the actor, Song Jong Ho, from another drama, "The Suspicious Housekeeper" (2013) --- as a very sexy,handsome & charismatic villain!  (See him near the end of this Review --- http://www.kdramalove.com/suspicioushousekeeper.html ).

PS: --- Never recognized the "housekeeper" as being the same actress   :angry:  I'd despised in the drama, "Temptation" (2014)---Choi Ji Woo!      Loved her after seeing her with Lee Seo Jin & the Senior actors in "Grandpas Over Flowers" reality series. Surprised I was fooled by an actor's performance in a role --- Misjudged her totally!  I'd never seen her in her drama "classics">

Wow.....lady (you are a lady....lol ) Having one of the twins with facial injuries.....great. Didn't think about that. I was assuming that maybe they would be taken to two different hospitals or one of the had blood over their face. But I like the way you describe it. Sounds better.

You say you felt that TJ seemed a little odd to you. Didn't think about it when he was young. Thought her went to the church just so he wouldn't have to go home. Then he saw YN and like her music and her. But now as he is grown I see things that are odd to me. When SJ introduced TJ to her mother and she slapped him. Remember how he laughed and said something like......guess I'll have to stick with you ( SJ ) just to show her I can. Not the exact words, but he gave SJ a big smile as he was saying this. It's not the last time he laughed after being slapped. He did it with YN too. That seems odd to me.

I said before when JKW planned the whole trip to the U.S. with SJ and TJ that he wanted TJ for his son-in-law and that is when I thought about when he was young and left YN's mom to marry SJ's mom....Money and Power.....makes them like two peas in a pod. More like father-son.

Speaking of Song Jong Ho who is playing PHK. He is a sweetheart....lol  He played the old boyfriend in the drama All About My Mom. He was the old boyfriend of Eugene. When he found out that Eugene's character was in love with another, he tried and tried to get her back.....he was so cute....lol. Then he politely bowed out and his character was written out of the drama..He is a good actor....and I like his character in this drama too.

EP 17 with Subs-- NY first steps out of her past  doormat like acceptance of TJ actions.

Thought this episode showed a realistic response of how a woman (or man) would react to discovering the lover they had supported and waited for - had cheated on them while away for 5 years --5 long years being important in this situation --- I would have a very different view if we were talking about 5 days.

NY accepted that she should have told TJ about SB -- IMO she was wrong to hide that information- YES she had good somewhat logical reasons to have done that.  

NYs love blinders, have at least slipped off a little bit now and she sees the reality of how TJ could have been tempted over a 5 year period.  BUT Has not yet seen how calculated his love is.

NY accepts his cheating to this point - but no further - her strength and intelligence is making a slight  appearance out of the fog of blind love.  She is willing, for the sake of her beloved child and her past love - to give him the opportunity to regain her trust and return to the love they had for 15 years.

Await further episodes with subs.

@my2centsworth@my2centsworth -- Agree "ondemandkorea" is a good location for HP subs, faster then YouTube at least for now.  I loaded the IPAD App awhile ago - discovered the site while looking for a location that had English subs for "A Daughter Just Like You" Kdrama.

Oh dear this eps really showed us the 'cruel' side of KW. All these while appeared smiling and calm, wonder how he is going to deal with NY and the daughter. No wonder NY's mum hid her all those years from him.

Will he treaten to destroy NY and mum's business to drive them away from TJ and SJ? That man looks evil!

U guys I on episode 16. I feel sorry for NY how come that piece of jerk did this to her. He claim he want nothing to do with child of his.

I glad NY slap him twice. She has backbone. If it was someone else. They wouldn't do it. Nerve of him didn't want hug her. 

TJ and his mom need major help. Do TJ really love NY. I say not. He only cared about money  and power. I blame NY real father for this.

I can't wait till he find out NY it his daughter.  It will be too late.

7 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Oh dear this eps really showed us the 'cruel' side of KW. All these while appeared smiling and calm, wonder how he is going to deal with NY and the daughter. No wonder NY's mum hid her all those years from him.

Will he treaten to destroy NY and mum's business to drive them away from TJ and SJ? That man looks evil!

That man started this when he put NY too orphanage.  Set his SJ up with TG. That main is evil and his wife too.

In episode 20, SJ father punched TJ and said lastly he will handle NY and a daughter. Did that mean he is planning to harm in someway to NY and daughter? So selfish man. Both husband and wife (SJ's mother) are so hateful.

What NY request TJ is reasonable. She wants just TJ to be a Dad.

This drama is going to give me pain but I am hooked to this 'heaven's promise'.

Guest my2centsworth
On 2/26/2016 at 1:51 PM, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@my2centsworth From what i understood TJ's mother asked NY to let TJ go. Basically forget about him and move on, and don't pressure him to be a father to SB. Something like she would pay her back for everything she did for TJ (like what a flippin' joke). This is TJ's mom's way of fixing things, because she is also willing to be the devil for TJ,

That lady is going to be a thorn  in SJ's mom side. Makes me laugh just thinking about it....lol  Thanks for explanation of their conversation. Thought that might be it. But will YN give up that easily?

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, saulmon said:

In episode 20, SJ father punched TJ and said lastly he will handle NY and a daughter. Did that mean he is planning to harm in someway to NY and daughter? So selfish man. Both husband and wife (SJ's mother) are so hateful.

What NY request TJ is reasonable. She wants just TJ to be a Dad.

This drama is going to give me pain but I am hooked to this 'heaven's promise'.

Can't wait for the subs to esp 20. Maybe SJ's father, JKW might try to give YN money to go away. But if he approach YN, will he recognize her? If  so, will he still offer her money or try to persuade YN to let TJ go and he will make it up to her someway?  Or will he hired someone to put a scare in her and end up killing her and SB........or will he have SB kidnapped and tell YN that she can have SB back if she goes away and stays away and YN never finds her or SB  gets killed someway?  Now that JKW knows about the child we will probably see just what type of man he really is. Thanks for the info on that scene with TJ and JKW.

People are probably correct when they say that it was probably Yoo-Kyungs stepmother that had sent the DNA report to Nayeon's mother and all. When I said that perhaps her father had also been one of the people that could also have sent it what I rather meant that he might have been aware of this deception as well. Though there is no reason for him to send such a result to anyone as it wouldn't look good for him or his family. Why do I say that he may have been aware of this deception is because when Sejin told her grandfather that she would have gone back to her husband in return for the company he said something to this extent that she was ambitious like her mother and that ambition had even ruined a few lives as well. I took this to mean that he may have been either aware that his SiL perhaps had a former lover in his past before he married his daughter or he may have been fully aware that said person even had a child. Though all of this is purely assumption on my part. Perhaps the FiL knows that his SiL only married into his family because his daughter was supposedly pregnant with his daughters child. Not something that he did on purpose say unlike his granddaughter. He may have confided this to his wife and she then sent Nayeon's mother the result that she took because of this. I simply see no other reason why the stepmother would have found out and sent said result to her former friend otherwise.

Another interesting point that has been brought up by some of you is that the stepmother may have had a past with Dohee's stepfather. Interesting I say because this may quite well be the connection to explain how Dohee ended up in that household. As some have also mentioned that Dohee has a heart condition and that meant that perhaps Nayeon's mother couldn't take care of her/afford her bills so she may have given up her child for adoption hoping that perhaps a rich parent could take care of her where she couldn't. Now if we are in the this place wouldn't it have been better for her to give her child to a person that she knew than to a total stranger or better yet if said friend was rich therefore to find someone in their circle to find such a family. That is if for instance she didn't know who the stepmother had ended up marrying. Had she known then she could have asked the stepmother to find a family for Dohee that would look out and care for her. Thus it isn't far fetched to believe that the stepmother had to give the child up (since clearly it would have been awkward if people discovered who she really was) so she gives it to her friend who perhaps needed a child but for some reason couldn't have one on their own. Heck for all we know perhaps Dohee was in surgery when she was gone and they told her mother that she didn't make it while the rich mother took her away while having her death faked and all. Stranger things have happened in dramas afterall..

Some have also asked how someone like Nayeon who was once like Dohee turned into a candy like character. Losing all that spunk to turn into such a girl that takes all the mess on herself. Perhaps it had something to do with her growing up and she thought that to survive she should become much calmer than before. For instance it was okay to be like that when she was with her own family/mother because they clearly cared for each other and the mother wouldn't have thrown her away but after she died she went to live in Yoo-Kyungs house. Over there her very nature turned to her disadvantage. Whenever she stood up for herself she ended up getting into trouble over it such as getting slapped by Yoo-Kyung herself, Sejin framing her by self injuring herself on purpose and accusing her of doing it and then no one believing her and accusing her of theft without any proof that in the end she was sent away to the orphanage. She may have thought that after all this if she staid under the radar and not getting into any kind of trouble she wouldn't have been thrown out of her new family. We have to remember that the only reason that she went to live in that house was because her stepmother reminded her so much of her late mother or rather it was her smell. This would mean that if she was sent to an orphanage again that would mean that she was being abandoned all over again. Hopefully given the right set of circumstances that Nayeon may reemerge once again and all those that have wronged her better beware.

Someone also said that Taejun tried to cut out all ties with her and tried to pay back all she did for him by handing over his bankbook to her and also told her not to have any ties with his mother. I really don't think that would even cover half of what she has done for him. Not only did she not fund his schooling and perhaps even to an extent his job and all she gave up her own future just to have a future with him. For instance she didn't need to give up her share of the money that she had been saving for her own education just because his mother stole the amount that she had set aside for him. Though to be honest she had spoiled him silly by being his personal bank and not letting him work and just focus on his studies. No matter what he should have refused to accept any money from her. Still after all that once he had finished his studies and was perhaps doing his job he should have now funded her education if he cared one bit about her. As for the bit about her cutting all ties with his mother not as easy as it sounds. True it was none of her business how he treated his mother and all I think she only was doing it because she has gone through that to an extent. What I mean by this is that  since she herself lost her mother she knows what it means not to have a mother that you can talk with and confide in have arguments and all etc... So even though Taejun may not be on good terms with his mother now he atleast has a mother to do all these things and she would want him to get back with her before something happens to her and then he has regrets for not being all that good to her and all. Something that  she can never do with her own mother now. Sorry I can't seem to express myself better over here at the moment.

Speaking about Taejuns character I think he is really smart since he lets the other party make the first move and once they throw the ball in his court he then decides what to do with it. For instance how Nayeon mistook him for her fan and all. Didn't she realize that perhaps the only reason that he was even there in the first place was because he needed shelter from the rain. Then again it may have been possible that he may have stopped by occasionally in the church just because it was peaceful and there was no one to bother him at all. Nayeon as a kid might have mistook that as interest in her. It may have been coincidence that the timing was the same as her playing though I find that a bit unlikely at the moment because when Sejin asked him if he liked the piano he said something to the extent that he just liked listening to it. So it would be safe to assume that he took his breaks on purpose during the times that Nayeon was playing. This would have allowed him some quite time and atleast some time away from that abusive family that he was currently living in. Next he never told Nayeon that he  was interested in her but she wrongly assumed that he  was thus she boldly took the first steps such as sitting on his bike and trying to be friendly with him. Not to say anything when she rejoined school hanging about him and all. The same way of how she insisted on paying for his education and supporting him till lord knows when. While I should say that he should have refused all this we also know Nayeon's personality and no matter what he would have said or done she would have continued to support him. Perhaps that is the girl that he once fell in love with but over time as many have pointed out that she became more submissive and all something that Sejin wasn't when he met her. She may well have reminded him of how Nayeon was once like. While we are speaking of Sejin we must note that it was her father and her who made the first move against him in trying to get him to notice her and all when they both knew that he already had a girlfriend back home. So instead of making it look that he was some sort of gold digger he patiently bidded his time waiting for Sejin to make the first move such as when she pretended that there was some sort of stalker after her. He pretended to fall for it and used that as an excuse to be with her. This way he could have said that he was faithful to Nayeon all along but was finally seduced by Sejin and thus she was at fault and not him. The same could be said about Sejin's father he had made it abundantly clear that he had a girlfriend yet he pushed him on towards his daughter. etc.. Though I am going to also agree with everyone over here that before he got hooked up with Sejin he should have broken up cleanly with Nayeon and he should have done this in person. Instead he decided to delegate this job to his mother who clearly isn't a reliable source. So perhaps it would be safe to assume that he would have told his mother to have done that ages ago but she kept putting it of. I can understand why she would do that, It would have simply been because she knew that the moment she revealed the fact that Taejun wanted to break up with her Nayeon wouldn't have accepted the fact due to her daughter but her greatest fear would have been that Nayeon would have kicked her out of the place that she had been staying in. We have to remember that it was Nayeon that had paid the deposit for that place and most probably the place was even under her name and all

From the list of suspects of who may be responsible for Nayeons' daughter dying unless like someone said that Taejun's mother fakes her death while perhaps secretly hiding her away at some orphanage or something I really don't think that Yoo-Kyung should be added over here. As of now I don't see her gaining anything from killing the little girl even by accident. Yes she may come out as a cold hearted person and all but in this case her finding out about Taejun having a child from a previous relationship would actually be to her advantage. So instead of trying to hide this fact she would rather try to exploit it. She already is against Taejun joining there family for various reasons such as she doesn't approve of his family background. parents. financial status and even considers him a gold digger etc... So for her to discover that he had a child from a previous relationship then she would simply have some more ammo to use against him to become a part of their family. The only way that I can actually see her being indirectly responsible for the child's death is if she decided to confront Nayeon about the truth (yes she may be angry with Nayeon but then again she has good reason to get rid of Taejun so I guess  she would be more mad at him) and when Sejin or Taejun discover this fact they decide to prevent the meeting thus perhaps try to cause some sort of diversion maybe even send Taejun's mother to get Nayeon and her daughter far away and during this time they get involved in some sort of accident. Well we all know what will happen next don't we. Infact I think it would be better if it was Sejin that was responsible for something to happen with said people because then we would parallel her life with her mothers and see how a lot of her actions are so similar thus I atleast can't wait to see justice come to them.

As for Sejin's father I don't know what happened to the man that tried to do things correct in the past or atleast right the wrongs and all. Him trying to set up Taejun with his daughter when he was well aware that Taejun already had a girlfriend and on top of all that when he discovers that said girlfriend even has a child he tells Taejun to ignore everything as he would get his hands dirty instead of letting Taejun get his. I can understand him trying to rectify his companies past mistake to Taejun by sending him to the States but arranging it so that Taejun ends up with his Daughter is just wrong. One cannot end up pleasing everyone because then injustice is sure to follow someone else. Frankly when both Nayeon and him discover how each of them are related I would prefer if Nayeon wants nothing more to do with him in the future. That would be the  perfect punishment for him. Granted he didn't know who she was from the start and he may have felt that he owed her something for being the  daughter of his first love and all but in my opinion he really didn't do much for her. After sending her of to that orphanage he certainly didn't keep his end of the bargain. He promised her that he would be back for her. Yet instead of that she ends up getting adopted by someone else. So unless he was the one that sent her stepmother I really don't see him keeping his end of the bargain (he also has been paying for her expenses to that family and all) So with all the resources at his disposal are you saying that couldn't find her when she was young. He should have made sure that she was happy and perhaps even kept tabs on her. If he did what he did for Sejin after even knowing who she really was well then as I said he deserves whatever comes towards him. Perhaps the amount of power that he has available to him has finally corrupted him or something.

Sejin and her issues of entitlement are just as bad as when she was young. She thinks that she is entitled to run her grandfathers company and she is going to do anything to get that. The same is in regards with Taejun. She knew full well that he already had a girlfriend yet that didn't stop her from trying to make him hers. I seriously doubt that she wants him because she has any sort of feelings towards him. Well she may have gotten them now but previously all that he was, was her first love/crush and just because she couldn't have him then she wants him now no matter who gets hurt along the way as long as she gets what she wants and needs. She may think that Taejun would have been her if her father or the company hadn't let him go not realizing that even then he was with someone else. Also had she discovered then that Taejun had feelings for Nayeon she would have made life even more difficult for her at that point and further accused her of coveting things that supposedly belonged to her. She was jealous of her then and she is certainly going to be jealous of her now.

Well that will be all from my end for the moment. Will be back later on hopefully with a few more thoughts and all. Till then take care and keep posting all of you. Lets see if we can figure out this story before it ends and figure out who is right in which twin will die. So far each argument seems to be just as valid. :)

Archived