6 minutes ago, guhai said:

However, it is a regular occurrence in the Korean entertainment industry. I've both heard of and witnessed firsthand the 'crazy fan' antics. There are hoards (as in probably 50x-100x the amount of JY and ZZ's fans) at airports waiting for their idols, cars chasing after the artists' cars on the highway (from the airport), waiting outside of company buildings day and night for photos, following artists home and standing outside shouting all night long, sending creepy gifts (letters written in period blood...), and even poisoning their idols with gifts (giving cake for a birthday with poison inside). It gets to the point where the artists get injured (sprains, bruises) or hospitalized (car crashes, poisoned). It all depends on the amount of fame.

Eeeek! That is some seriously scary stuff. What's wrong with them? Mass-hysteria? It sounds like they should be treated for mental illness. 

I hope it doesn't get to that for Jy & Wz. I don't know the first thing about the Chinese entertainment industry, though, so I don't know if it's possible for them to choose more low-key stuff. On the other hand, to me a project like Addicted, sounds like it should be something quite... obscure. Particularly since it was banned! What are they all a fan of, really? It's all a mystery to me. And I can't stop thinking about Jy's interview from the other day... It was very sad. (Particularly after having immersed myself in happy!Jy and cheeky!GH for a couple of weeks in the series and the bts. It'd be so sad if we'd never get to see that again.)

• Like 9

@guhai @charlie10 @ayasdai All this craziness is what happens when mentally unstable people find something to be passionate about. They become totally engrossed in a very selfish and compulsive manner. That is why you do not see empathy nor sympathy regarding how some approach the actors. It is about them fulfilling their desires at the expense of the subject of their desires. It cannot be avoided. The cases I've read from the kpop industry are just frightening. I just hope they'll be spared seriously deluded people. 

• Like 10

I agree with everything has been said here about the necessity of giving Johnny and Zhouzhou space to relax, to do whatever they want, to be themselves. Both management and the fans have to do this, otherwise the boys would be too exhausted to the point of depressed, fed up with the pressure then quit or worse.

From the management's point of view, arraging day off/holiday/vacation is all about missing money and opportunities. That sounds cold but even in the most well-intentioned management, money and opportunities are considered highly, if not on the top priority.

From the fans' point of view, leaving the boys alone is hard because of their emotional attachment. The more emotionally attached the fans are, the more possesive they are to the point of, as @guhai has stated, thinking the actors are theirs and they have the rights to control the actors.

I read in other forum that the Chinese fans themselves are split into several "camps": Johnny, Zhouzhou, YuZhou, ZhouYu. The fans from "Johnny-camp" are reported being very hostile to Zhouzhou, to the point that the moderators of that said forum deleting any positive news about Zhouzhou. Maybe someone could confirm this? If the above condition is true, it signifies a very strong attachment to Johnny, which already turned into possessiveness and unhealthy self projection. I haven't seen this unhealthiness in Zhouzhou's fans, and I hope for never.

48 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

Eeeek! That is some seriously scary stuff. What's wrong with them? Mass-hysteria? It sounds like they should be treated for mental illness. 

I hope it doesn't get to that for Jy & Wz. I don't know the first thing about the Chinese entertainment industry, though, so I don't know if it's possible for them to choose more low-key stuff. On the other hand, to me a project like Addicted, sounds like it should be something quite... obscure. Particularly since it was banned! What are they all a fan of, really? It's all a mystery to me. And I can't stop thinking about Jy's interview from the other day... It was very sad. (Particularly after having immersed myself in happy!Jy and cheeky!GH for a couple of weeks in the series and the bts. It'd be so sad if we'd never get to see that again.)

Despite the ban, Addicted is still accessable through youtube and various means. I have to say that Addicted is the result of magic. I can not explain it better; there are so many variables done well and mixed well in Addicted which makes it terribly successful. If Addicted is a religion or cult (broadly speaking), even today, there are still new converts coming in. That in itself, contribute to the boys' fame.

However, more than that, both Johnny and Zhouzhou are handsome, talented young men. This also contributes heavily to their fame. The combination of their good looking, talents and tragic story (both in Addicted-verse and in real life with the ban etc) is working their own magic, expanding the members of cult of Addicted with members who idolise Johnny, Zhouzhou or both.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, charlie10 said:

I've lurked here for a bit and I love this forum! I particularly love the academic stance towards this very important and complex topic. ;)

This is my take on Jy and Wz and what they may or may not be revealing in the videos we see. Wz is obviously a genuinely happy and sweet guy who, like someone else said, spreads positive vibes wherever he goes. The paradox is that he seems to be very open because of this, since he's always displaying emotion, but I think he this way also hides other sets of emotions. By displaying one emotion, he effectively (often subconsciously) hides others. Which, to me, makes him very difficult to read. 

Jy on the other hand seems to be the complete opposite. He has a very blank face at times, but when he feels a strong emotion you can see it very clearly on him. My theory is that Jy hides his feelings a lot, but they're hidden just beneath the surface and can show up unexpectedly. In other words: Jy is easier to read than Wz, in my view. It's an interesting paradox.

I also think this I why Jy is so good as GH, I think he managed to really feel what GH felt. When he's teary eyed it looks absolutely real, he conveys all sorts of emotion beautifully. 

This is also why I find it easier to conclude that Jy is at very least quite smitten (sexually or not) with Wz. It's hard to know what Wz feels. Looking at bts videos, there's so much going on with Jy, he's giggly, flustered, embarrassed etc. And Wz just smiles. I love that smile, it's adorable, but it's also a great poker face. (Like in the bts video discussed earlier, when Wz is a little miffed because Jy wants to do the song differently. Here Wz's body language reveals he's a little irritated, but he's still smiling.)

Because of this, I love that Net Ease leg clamp game video far too much, just because I absolutely love seeing them both be so giggly, teasing and physical. They're postively giddy with it. And while JY is a very physical guy, very tactile, Wz doesn't seem to be. So together they are brilliant: Jy manhandles Wz who accepts it with a smile and makes Jy smile and be happy too. 

It's not a particularly well-developed study yet (lacking in empirical evidence, for one, and I'd need some comparative studies done, with how they are with other people, to be able to support my conclusion). But in a few years, we might know for sure. *g*

I also need to add something. Not particularly a study but there is an expression "you can't clap with one hand" or "It's take two to make a quarrel". If ZZ is only acting before the camera, then off screen he would be different and JY would know. As you guys notice that JY is a rather straightforward guy, the way he treat ZZ would be different too on screen if like that imho. It's hard to display that kind of affection(to ZZ) if the other person is rejecting you. Eg. the very natural way JY touch ZZ on screen and the lingering physical contact means he does that off screen and ZZ does not reject (and you can see that ZZ do react back on screen) which translate to how he treat ZZ on screen naturally. If ZZ is acting, JY would feel forced to respond to it and the result will be different or even unnatural if they do not do this often and need to 'act' this out on screen.

So, my conclusion is those actions are 'Mutual'

And ZZ has his slip ups too in showing his emotion. Although his face has the smiley mask, his body language is quite expressive like how other people captured that he has so many small gestures when having the 'bend pipe' interview(and also other interviews) and he slips up in talking too which the Chinese forumers often call him '(he has the) actual strength to dig a hole(to trip oneself)‘ when answering questions. 

I also agree with #gayyoxx (how to you guys make a hashtag into a link? which I saw got blue background) on comparison of JY and ZZ together and JY and other ppl especially his friend. Sorry #gayyoxx, I didn't find the comparison thread(like I posted a while ago) there for JY and FB after prowling the thread for 2 nights. Maybe I saw it here? 

Ugh, the new song is blocked in my country. I'll wait for someone to upload to youtube.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, gashupingo said:

I also agree with #gayyoxx (how to you guys make a hashtag into a link? which I saw got blue background) on comparison of JY and ZZ together and JY and other ppl especially his friend. Sorry #gayyoxx, I didn't find the comparison thread(like I posted a while ago) there for JY and FB after prowling the thread for 2 nights. Maybe I saw it here? 

Ugh, the new song is blocked in my country. I'll wait for someone to upload to youtube.

Use "@" then directly type the user name you would like to mention.

It's alright, thanks for the info on other fans' thoughts on Johnny/Zhouzhou's interactions. That is always pleasing to read ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nada Helmy said:

Fans said he is on third row,  no. 9 from the left :D

Yeah, I thought so too, but looking further, his ears don't stick out (you know what I mean) and the fourth one on the last row somehow do.. Well, just my wild guess anyways.... :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gayyoxx said:

Youtube for Zhouzhou's newest song, Moonlight:

Reveal hidden contents

Courtesy of Ghostrina.

Now, waiting for the English sub :D 

Thanks!!

If I may put criticism to the song. Zhouzhou's voice is beautiful as always but the instrumental background is kinda disturbing for me. There are just too much at once.

Piano, drums, guitar, cello... Such a pity that the instrumental background drowns the beauty of Zhouzhou's voice. The thing is that these piano, guitar, cello, and drums tunes that are in this song don't really mix together. They are all different and good on its own but together? Nah. Especially the piano. What's with the piano around 1:50 mark? :/ A little bit too much for one song. Sometimes simplicity is better than complexity.

Well.. just my opinion on this song. I just have to let this out since I actually enjoy the first few minutes of the song before it suddenly becomes overwhelming. :/

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gayyoxx said:

Youtube for Zhouzhou's newest song, Moonlight:

Reveal hidden contents

Courtesy of Ghostrina.

Now, waiting for the English sub :D 

I'm becoming crazy and delusional lately. I think this song is about ZZ and JY haha(the song and lyrics by himself).
Arghh, this song makes my imaginations go wild.

“Walking alone on the road, looking at the moon at the sky, I think of that one night I'm together with you (actually he mean: me and you on that one night)"
"You are the moon, I'm the sun" "Silently behind you, giving you warmth"
"the new moon looks like your face when you're smiling" (I saw they make JY face with this lyrics so funny)
"Sadness overwhelms when it is lost, but forgotten when it got round, shimmering faintly"
"But it is gone, the new light of the sun that you gave me"
"(I) can no longer find the direction of the distance between you and me"

Awwwww, I'm going to die.

Arghh, I need to go to work. How can I work? 

Edit: I just noticed I translated the whole song even though it is not my intention haha. After that it's just repeating the same lyrics.

• Like 16

On 3/20/2016 at 4:34 PM, Ariodante said:

Muy caliente Zhouzhou swirling on stage in Latin dance steps (courtesy of Ghostrina)

Reveal hidden contents

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, VIDEOS!

this video tells me to log in to view???

By the way, the ELLEMEN shoot spoken of earlier, where can I find it? It is not on the first page of links…..i want to see the interactions between the two that was mentioned earlier

Hey guys, viewer from India here. I loved this show a lot!

Can you suggest me some really good chinese series like this? (LGBT or non-LGBT, both will work!)

Also, why Gu Hai is called as Da Hai and Bai Louyin as Yin Zhi?

tumblr_nv2kw8bvQx1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Edited by shoegazer