11 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

@crying did you manage to catch Zhouzhou at the Incheon airport? 

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

So many fans!!!!! He's sooo famous in Korea too!!!

@yuzhouyuzhou Thanks for sharing those lovely pics of Zhouzhou :wub: I know you're excited (me too!!) but please put them in spoilers :sweatingbullets: Some people here with slow internet connection might find it hard to load this page because of excessive Zhouzhou :lol:

Wow... for Korean fans of the show here. Is it common to have such crowd for Mainland Chinese actors/actresses in Korea?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, xix19xix said:
24 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

Wow... for Korean fans of the show here. Is it common to have such crowd for Mainland Chinese actors/actresses in Korea?

nop it definitely rarely happens to be honest, we don't know a lot about Chinese celebrities

We are familiar with only a few people like Gong li, Tang wei and Zhang Ziyi who are super super well known

or people who were famous in 90s.

For instance, I've heard that Li Yi Feng? is the most popular young actor in China right now

He's visited Korea just a week ago or something, and only a handful of fans were at the airport if I remember correctly

definitely fewer than Zhou's fans

Sorry if Li's fans are here :vicx: I'm not trying to ignore him or something but telling you what I know

So I'm surprised too, we are all surprised lol

but then there are many chinese people who are living in Korea so

I can't exactly tell how many 'Korean' fans were at the airport today hahaha

• Like 14

Zhouzhou is going back alone? Ah, this is so suspicious. I think that Zhouzhou and Chen Wen are working on a secret mission. Maybe shooting for MVs? 

If they were in total vacation mode, they should go together and back together. Instead, at first day we could only see Chen Wen walking around (ZZ might be working on something) and now, Chen Wen is still at Korea, maybe working on something too.

It's conspiracy, of course :P;) 

Btw for members who knows about Chinese culture, please help me on this for fanfic purpose :D 

- what did Johnny and Zhouzhou call each other at first? Before they were tight like now? Or if you fo not know, how do you think they would call each other at their first meeting? 

- what did Chen Wen and Fengsong call Johnny and Zhouzhou at first? And now? Again,  if you fo not know, how do you think they would call each other at their first meeting? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, samscheetah said:

ottokkeeee

i am watching the other fancams on this account and literally reacting to everything with cooing noises omg his cute little boy voice "annyeong~"

i love the korean fans' wailing over his cuteness lmao

• Like 14

1 hour ago, crying said:

nop it definitely rarely happens to be honest, we don't know a lot about Chinese celebrities

We are familiar with only a few people like Gong li, Tang wei and Zhang Ziyi who are super super well known

For instance, I've heard that Li Yi Feng? is the most popular young actor in China right now

He's visited Korea just a week ago or something, and only a handful of fans were at the airport if I remember correctly

Sorry if Li's fans are here :vicx: I'm not trying to ignore him or something but telling you what I know

I really hope that the Chinese‘s SARFT takes notice of this and realises how much of an impact it has. That one of the ways China can move into a service-oriented economy, improve its international image, is to allow such movies, tv series, etc to be produced. That if they are willing to adopt a rating system for the creative industry, China will gain soft power and open up a whole new international market for its entertainment industry that can rival the West.

And of course, then we can see Addicted Season 2 without the constant fear of it being overly censored or cancelled.

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

I really hope that the Chinese‘s SARFT take notice of this and realise how much of an impact it has. That one of the ways China can move into a service-oriented economy, improve its international image, is to allow such movies, tv series, etc to be produced. That if they are willing to adopt a rating system for the creative industry, China will gain soft power and open up a whole new international market for its entertainment industry that can rival the West.

And of course, then we can see Addicted Season 2 without the constant fear of it being overly censored or cancelled.

oh true they should and I hope they would lol

I've heard that even one chinese actor/actress complained that they are never going to make decent tv series in current Chinese broadcasting system with all the censorship...

and I agree with his and your opinion.

when we, korean fans, watched this series for the first time, we were so upset that it's all edited lol

I mean... WTH really :(

I'm sure people definitely could produce even more well-made cultural contents if there is no restriction.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, sohocomo said:

I really don't remember exact things. I guess it was more of a general impression of things (since subs can only give us non-Chinese speakers so much) - tone of voice, body language, little things like that. And there is the scene in the story where GH tries to lie about his birthday so he can be the 'older brother.' I took what I know of Korean culture and transferred it to Chinese culture, I guess, knowing how much influence the Chinese dynasties had on Goryeo/Joseon/Korea over the centuries. My mistake.

I really do appreciate the information from you. That's one of the things I love about this thread - learning more about other cultures I really don't know much about. Thank You!  :wub:

If it's the interview or BTS, I remember there is one with Dashu calling JY is like a big brother or something right? Maybe that's the one making the impression.
As for GH, it's just his seme ego that's made him want to be 'older brother' so he can take care of BLY.  He wants to be the one taking charge in life. 

42 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Zhouzhou is going back alone? Ah, this is so suspicious. I think that Zhouzhou and Chen Wen are working on a secret mission. Maybe shooting for MVs? 

If they were in total vacation mode, they should go together and back together. Instead, at first day we could only see Chen Wen walking around (ZZ might be working on something) and now, Chen Wen is still at Korea, maybe working on something too.

It's conspiracy, of course :P;) 

Btw for members who knows about Chinese culture, please help me on this for fanfic purpose :D 

- what did Johnny and Zhouzhou call each other at first? Before they were tight like now? Or if you fo not know, how do you think they would call each other at their first meeting? 

- what did Chen Wen and Fengsong call Johnny and Zhouzhou at first? And now? Again,  if you fo not know, how do you think they would call each other at their first meeting? 

Not sure what they call each other at first cause we never saw it. As for my normal lives, we just call each other without the surname for new people we met (Xu Wei Zhou= Wei Zhou, Huang Jing Yu = Jing Yu) after we introduce our whole name. We rarely call ppl together with their surname unless need to address something and we will adopt nicknames very quickly if it is known especially if we hear other ppl calling it and we may start to use it too or create own nicknames if familiar. (Like how they call Xu Wei Zhou as Zhou Zhou) No need to wait until very familiar with each other. That is for when making new friends around same age, as for older person maybe add in aunty, uncle or big sis, big bro, or if smaller we always add a 'xiao' at the front with one of their names eg 'xiao' Zhou. As for strangers like clients without the intention of being friends, we may introduce ourselves as I'm Mr. Xu, Mr Huang, just the surname but a lot of ppl may also introduce with full name, depends. 

1 hour ago, crying said:

Yeah, Li Yi Feng is very popular and very handsome guy. He acted in quite a lot popular drama like one derived from Chinese game(forgot name) and also and the famous web drama Dao Mu Bi Ji( Grave Robbers’ Chronicles ) (not a BL story but it is kind of BL-y in some sense... not sure what I'm saying but er, the story has no romance, just the 2 main chara can be paired easily if you read it like a BL story lol, the web drama however put in a new original girl chara which makes me roll my eyes, but oh well, this thread is about Addicted so I'll stop here) 

Thanks for the mention. #elppa #thoron  :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 7

On 3/19/2016 at 11:02 AM, samscheetah said:

Confirmed

JY and ZZ will join Happy Camp on march 27th

Hey, why is your necklace charm not the same as mine?

Beep off, check it again

Seriously, those should be the same...

OK, im dead!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Alreqdy done watched Addicted for the 3rd times, this is what I do if I miss GH/BLY... I never get tired with this series and even give me more addicted. Ready for the 4th times. Hahha 

What bout y'all guys ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

Sorry for spamming with long, (so-called) analytical post. I will put this one in spoiler to make it cleaner :D 

on Zhouzhou:

Hide contents

I understand that some people, in this forum and not, think that Zhouzhou is harder to read. I think that is because he is an educated actor thus people think that he is more capable of controlling his expression, word choices etc than Johnny?

I agree with this to certain extent. Both Zhouzhou and Johnny are good looking and talented. But, Johnny is like raw diamond while Zhouzhou is polished. Johnny performs well in Addicted and when singing the sad song because he put his passion and emotions to those things. The same can be said on his modelling. When he put his passion and emotion, his photo shot come "alive". We can see that his ELLE shot with Fangbo is better than his lone shots. His shots with Zhouzhou is even better than his ELLE with Fangbo.

Zhouzhou, on the other hand, is trained in arts since young (?). He started his band and practicing music since high school. He also attends acting classes at University. He knows how to control and exercise his potentials for his benefits (maybe not to his utmost yet). That is why he play BLY so well, despite his natural characteristics are different than BLY. That is why he sings mellow, romantic songs well, despite liking rock/metal (?) better. That is (part of) why he is so gracious to fans, always smiling and chatting amicably; because he is trained to do so.

But, as I put the "part of" in emphasis, the training is only part of variables which determine Zhouzhou now. I believe that he is naturally a kind and honest man. While Johnny is blunt in his honesty, Zhouzhou is refined in his honesty.

Check at Johnny's LETV interview and Zhouzhou's iQiYi's interview. I think they essentially speak the same things: they were doing Addicted without thinking it would be this big, they are caught unprepared in this fame, they are (relatively) still trying to find the best things to do. But Johnny says these in a very blunt way, which I have stated, makes me astonished. I have never seen an American/British star saying blunt things like that, LOL. Zhouzhou is also being honest, but he uses refine words, metaphors, etc to lessen the brunt caused by his honesty.

Zhouzhou is also a very expressive person. When he says/feels something, he uses his body language to emphasis that. Look at how his head and shoulder move around as he speak. Look at how his hands and fingers, legs and feet also move around as he speak. Look at how his eyes, eyebrow and mouth move around. This explains why we can still see Zhouzhou's smile even when he uses mask: because he smiles with all of his body language.

Training body language is possible and actors surely train them a lot. But again, Zhouzhou is not that trained, therefore I believe that his current body language is more of his natural predisposition instead of the result of his training. If it is Brad Pitt, I will tend to be more on guard and not taking everything he says and does for granted. But for Zhouzhou, his body language expresses a lot. That is why I am able to read Zhouzhou clearly: he is very expressive and he has not been able (or does not try) to hide/manipulate his body language.

totally agree with your point on their letv and iqiyi interviews, about them saying the same things but in different ways. though rather than how trained or controlled they are, i think more to do with their very different natural personalities. in my opinion, zhouzhou is just one of those people who have a lot of positive energy. its something that i can see in everything he does and not hard to read at all. i think thats why the cjd/jy always speak highly of their first impression of him. he always put a positive spin on his answers. when there's a scandal he can joke about it. when he's stalked by the papz, its phrased as a "loss" but an "adjustment". and in that one bts video where jy was arguing with him about the song, he got a bit miffed, but then got over it right away when jy patted his leg a bit. you could hear cjd laughing at him saying he's "so easily comforted" (i'd say he's almost the opposite of bly in this regard lol). as far as we can see of him, his mood doesnt fluctuate much and even if its facing 50 people or 1 person, he can still keep his composure. people like this are often expressive and confident (but of course very different from the type of overbearing confidence jy has)

and realistically, all shipping aside, i'd say it takes a real easy going and patient personality to let a costar who 1) you just met 2) is much heavier than you practice jiujitsu on your body

• Like 15

5 hours ago, samscheetah said:

OFFICIAL Men's UNO photos:

I'm dead, again and again

Nyj0Ovt.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, samscheetah said:

OFFICIAL Men's UNO photos:

I'm dead, again and again

Johnny's feet look so masculine. Is it weird that I kind of want them both to step on my face?...Yes...I want them to step on my face. I need help :vicx:

• Like 9