6 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

Despite the ban, Addicted is still accessable through youtube and various means. I have to say that Addicted is the result of magic. I can not explain it better; there are so many variables done well and mixed well in Addicted which makes it terribly successful. If Addicted is a religion or cult (broadly speaking), even today, there are still new converts coming in. That in itself, contribute to the boys' fame.

However, more than that, both Johnny and Zhouzhou are handsome, talented young men. This also contributes heavily to their fame. The combination of their good looking, talents and tragic story (both in Addicted-verse and in real life with the ban etc) is working their own magic, expanding the members of cult of Addicted with members who idolise Johnny, Zhouzhou or both.

Youtube isn't available in mainland China, right? Or are people accessing it anyway, through backdoors and whatnot? So where are people in China watching Addicted after the ban? That's what I'm wondering. The ban made Addicted more known abroad, is that true within China too?

They are both lovely, lovely guys, so I'm not surprised people easily love them, I just don't get where the fame is stemming from in China. It's such a weird situation, to become famous because of something that is banned. There's such a paradox in Chinese people being so interested in Addicted and its two leads and authorities banning it. It's is indeed magic!

Also, I can see that Jy and Wz are probably both exhilirated and scared by the enormous attention. The novelty of it must be strange but also incredibly flattering. So if they didn't want it all, they could just go away, not appear anywhere for a while, and people would forget about them. So it's partly at least a choice on their part. Still, they want to make it, they want to be able to have a career, so maybe they're prepared to work hard, put up with over-excited fans (and enjoy the good part of having fans!) in order to get there. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, estreline said:

thank you for crediting ^^ 

to think that he composed this song... i cant help but to think that this is about yuzhou!! help! 

@estreline Halo Monica!! Gabung juga di forum ini :lol:  Sesama fans addicted dari Indonesia!! Yohooo... Salam kenal....

1 hour ago, samscheetah said:

Johnny BonweXDisney:

黄景瑜全国粉丝后援会官博

Metersbonwe

TIGERTEETH_黄景瑜个站

Reveal hidden contents

723109cdgw1f24drqj5bfj20zm0qo0wl.jpg
723109cdgw1f24ds82pkpj20qo0z0tcu.jpg

723109cdgw1f24dsbxd8tj20jz0q7wgv.jpg
723109cdgw1f24dseiuspj20hq0n8dhp.jpg

006i_We0_Wjw1f24cxw5zugj31lr27h7wh.jpg
70e31defgw1f24cmyojh1j20zk0qo111.jpg
70e31defgw1f24cmz30b6j20zk0qon5n.jpg
70e31defgw1f24cmzqiy7j20zk0qoqcg.jpg
70e31defgw1f24cn1f4nqj20zk0qon6n.jpg
70e31defgw1f24cn3m1r3j20zk0qogwl.jpg

Arghhhh Johnny is so handsome here *nosebleed* :wub:  

• Like 6

This was my very first time watching a drama where the theme was BL (except for Go Princess Go). I thought the chemistry between the 2 leads was pretty convincing. I loved the fact that Gu Hai went out of his way to try and help improve Bai Luoyin's family. That was very thoughtful of him. The cold-sore cream thing is too funny bwahaha :):P. I think my fav character in this drama is Bai Luoyin's dad. I really thought he was a good dad and upright person I was rooted for him every step of the way. The character I hated most in this drama was Gu Hai ex gf (so annoying). I hope there is a 2nd season cause the ending was like woah!!! I had to check twice to see if I was watching the right ep because I really hate open endings. I give everyone props who worked on this drama I'm happy to see ppl willing to think outside of the box. If there is a season 2 I hope Sarft wont mess it up.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

Youtube isn't available in mainland China, right? Or are people accessing it anyway, through backdoors and whatnot? So where are people in China watching Addicted after the ban? That's what I'm wondering. The ban made Addicted more known abroad, is that true within China too?

They are both lovely, lovely guys, so I'm not surprised people easily love them, I just don't get where the fame is stemming from in China. It's such a weird situation, to become famous because of something that is banned. There's such a paradox in Chinese people being so interested in Addicted and its two leads and authorities banning it. It's is indeed magic!

Also, I can see that Jy and Wz are probably both exhilirated and scared by the enormous attention. The novelty of it must be strange but also incredibly flattering. So if they didn't want it all, they could just go away, not appear anywhere for a while, and people would forget about them. So it's partly at least a choice on their part. Still, they want to make it, they want to be able to have a career, so maybe they're prepared to work hard, put up with over-excited fans (and enjoy the good part of having fans!) in order to get there. 

Much like we can access Youku, iqiyi etc...thru backdoors our Chinese counterparts must be doing the same thing too to access YY...I see so many Chinese-speaking users and commenters in YT and I doubt if they all come from Hongkong or in some cases Taiwan.

I'm just glad that the banning of Addictive only made it more popular...I think the notoriety only pushed them more into the limelight, particularly the two male leads. I just hope that there will be no fall out cause I think these guys, including Fensong & Wen are so talented that it wpuld be a pity for them not to be given a chance to show their stuff.

I just don't know how stringent this banning rule is since there are a lot of chinese BL movies and series on queue for the rest of the year and no mention that they will not be aired at all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hellolive said:

Even the 3 songs Walk Slowly (of course, from the series), Dust, and Moonlight... all 3 songs used same pictorial "sea" themed as the pic covers for every singles:
-
Walk Slowly: GH-BLY back-hugging and laughing together by the sea
- Dust: ZZ/BLY shy-smiling by the sea
- Moonlight: ZZ/BLY smile (to someone, maybe JY/GH) by the sea

I hope the release the official mv for zhouzhou's songs soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hellolive said:

What I get from this... (is this a pure-composed song from ZZ himself? Why so sad? :( )
I don't exactly know is this just pure for his album, or also part for contributing in Addicted promotional material.

But, the lyric is INDEED about BLY-GH I think. (I'm not assuming this out of nowhere!)
I see this account "柴雞蛋上癮真愛QQ群" is actively promoting every ZZ songs, and before that it had been promoting Addicted, too. Don't even know it's the official site or whatever... when this "Moonlight" single came out, it posted the link to the song on weibo, with this photo >>>

Even the 3 songs Walk Slowly (of course, from the series), Dust, and Moonlight... all 3 songs used same pictorial "sea" themed as the pic covers for every singles:
- Walk Slowly: GH-BLY back-hugging and laughing together by the sea

- Dust: ZZ/BLY shy-smiling by the sea
- Moonlight: ZZ/BLY smile (to someone, maybe JY/GH) by the sea

So, this is might be promotional stuff for both ZZ and Addicted (DVD and season 2).

i was just thinking how all of zhouzhou's songs sound like osts! they can just record the instrumental version of these songs and they dont need to borrow music from brokeback mountain or whatever for s2. i wouldnt be surprised if one of them end as s2's theme song (idk about others i'm fairly, fairly certain of zhouzhou's participation in s2 at this point ngl). that pictorial was basically promotional material for his album so its pretty likely that the songs are all linked to addicted. zz have put a lot of himself into addicted as the lead actor so it's likely he wrote more songs for it. i think he said before that the opening and ending theme took him like maybe a day to finish so

btw did hai ruo you yin get an official release? i know their is a full ver floating around but i was thinking we might get to see the mv if its "released"

• Like 9

4 hours ago, samscheetah said:

"What should I pose?

How about cutie face

Oh wait... Lovely way... ?

Or serious face?

Oh forget it

Lemme do the V one

Like this with V symbol?

*lol I made this up*

Hide contents

mess :))

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! JY doing his adorable things <3<3

Wow, so many updates from the past 10ish pages... A fb harassment (pls beware), a fanboy confessed to ZZ, ZZ's new song & lyrics, JY's school photo etc. What a lively place here! ^^

@estreline Your IG is so awesome~

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

The character I hated most in this drama was Gu Hai ex gf (so annoying).

For me, I dislike BLY's ex-gf more. Her presence indirectly caused BLY to undergo such a traumatic and painful experience :(

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

I'm just glad that the banning of Addictive only made it more popular...I think the notoriety only pushed them more into the limelight, particularly the two male leads. I just hope that there will be no fall out cause I think these guys, including Fensong & Wen are so talented that it wpuld be a pity for them not to be given a chance to show their stuff.

I just don't know how stringent this banning rule is since there are a lot of chinese BL movies and series on queue for the rest of the year and no mention that they will not be aired at all.

imo addicted got banned bc the popularity was getting too wild in china. if it was just a regular ol' bl series for a niche audience i dont think the government would bother banning it. right before it was banned, it was the 2nd most viewed series on iqiyi, almost unheard of for a bl. the upcoming series should be fine if they dont gather as much attention as addicted did

chinese gov doesnt seem to like things that are too popular and cult-ish, hence going after descendants of the sun now lol

2 minutes ago, SueLyinn said:

For me, I dislike BLY's ex-gf more. Her presence indirectly caused BLY to undergo such a traumatic and painful experience :(

i hope y'all are ready for gu yang in the future because...

• Like 10